My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As everyone here knows, I fight my battles too. What I haven’t mentioned is that there was a litter of kittens that showed up recently. No mom cat to take care of them although a neighborhood Tom was guarding them. I noticed he was staying in my yard constantly. There was a reason. Four little furry reasons! He led them to me. They needed food and help. You also know that I set the limit of cats I can care for here. What to do? I had been contacting every shelter and rescue that I know or could find. The kittens were scary but came for food. I straightened up my old feral shelter by the back door and they settled in. Every Foster shelter was full. Kitten season is in right now. I was scrambling to figure out how I could shuffle cats around if I could not find help but really, there was no good answer evident. I kept working to gain the trust of the babies. The Tom helped and observed my work to make sure I was doing things right. I did the day shift and he took the nights. Lol He slept nearby during the day and I tucked them all in late at night. This morning I made one more desperate attempt and re sent all pictures and info that I had. Most responses were, “ good luck!” Finally I called the specialty cat food store where I had bought the food Banjo needed when she first got sick. Again, I was told that all shelters were full including the one they normally recommend. I called my vet to see if I could board the babies until a health check could be done. I waited to hear. While I waited I called the shelter mentioned above. I described to the woman the details and she said,” I think I heard about you looking for help for them!” Let me paws a minute here for a backstory. Way back in this thread I spoke of a Foster that helped me. Then I spoke of her needing help for her “Foster Fail” that was a hydrocephalic kitten named ET. She and I have had a long and supportive relationship since she first helped me with some kittens and a cat named Jazzy who was verrry pregnant. Many, many cats between us later and it was she who had mentioned me to this woman. My Foster friend is now about to go through Chemo but she took the time to reach out to help! Because of her, the kittens were rescued today and within less than an hour of my catching them (only took about five minutes to get all four!) they were off to a rescue! The rescue group even uses my vet! I have made a new contact and my contact has a new supporter in me! I sent her off with a donation and some cases of cat food. Lol She is my age, she has the same ideas about joining forces as rescuers and as individuals doing this on our own and we swapped many stories in the short time she was here. The kittens never complained once, seemed purrfectly content and brought us together. Can it get any more amazing? Yes. Look at the kitties! Each one allowed me to pick them up and place them in the carrier. Wow!

After I discovered them at my back door.
View attachment 430773
A place to eat under cover but away from where the were sleeping.
View attachment 430774
After they discovered me! Lol
View attachment 430775
I’ve been seen!
View attachment 430776
Practice eating inside a carrier.
View attachment 430777
Sitting in the plate disguises the food!
View attachment 430778
Unless your siblings eat around your bottom. Lol
View attachment 430779
Time to find a place to wash up.
View attachment 430780
Even baby kitties can do a good clean up. Or is this just sampling leftovers? Lol
View attachment 430781
Another day of practice?
View attachment 430782
Hey siblings! Does the sky look different today?
View attachment 430783
Who cares! The food is here!
View attachment 430784
I tell you guys, something outside looks different!
View attachment 430785
Who cares! The food is good, I tell you!
View attachment 430786
Whoa! Staring at these bars can make you go cross eyed!
View attachment 430787
Then stop staring!
View attachment 430788
I can’t help myself. Look at that!
View attachment 430789
I’m staring but I just don’t see how it makes you cross eyed.
View attachment 430790
I think you have to look up.
View attachment 430791
Hi little kitty!
View attachment 430792
Awwww. I am getting petted by a kitten!
View attachment 430793
Hey! You tricked me. I’m supposed to be the one getting petted!
View attachment 430794
If I could reach you, I would eat you!
View attachment 430795
Uh Oh! Here comes a good petting!
View attachment 430796
How about toys? Do you kittens play?
View attachment 430797
I don’t know. Is that something to eat?
View attachment 430798
What are these things?
View attachment 430799
They didn’t fly down like birds.
View attachment 430800
Did they wiggle in like bugs?
View attachment 430801
They smell different. Kind of like a plant.
View attachment 430802
Practicing is over little kitties!
View attachment 430804
Now for a real petting. I have to say good bye!
View attachment 430805
Are you leaving us?
View attachment 430806
No little one. You are going where there won’t be any more fleas, no more being scared and you’ll have lots of food and love all the time!

That’s sounds great to us! Hurry up hooman!
View attachment 430803
OMG!
View attachment 430809
I think I need a kleenex. Happy endings always produce happy tears!
View attachment 430810
Happy ending for four little kittens and for the hooman that didn’t know what to do. I’m quite sure that Banjo and Froggie arranged it all.

From out of the shadows comes light. Never, ever give up.
What a wonderful "tail." SO glad it all came together for them. How about "tom," though? Such a devoted and protective one deserves a loving permanent home. They all do, of course.
*PRAYERS* for your friend to come through and be well.
*PRAYERS* and love for everyone there.
And many thanks to everyone for their kindness and good thoughts.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@tarasgirl: Condolences on the loss of your aunt. 🤗

Jcatbird Jcatbird : so glad you were able to catch the kittens, and find them a shelter/foster. Four more feral born kittens that will have a better and safer life. :redheartpump::petcat::catlove::redheartpump:

For everyone where Monday is Labour Day, enjoy the extra long weekend.
And to those for whom it's just a regular weekend, enjoy yours too.

1662229071225.png

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess: :clap::wavey::clap2::happycat:

Jcatbird Jcatbird Yay!!! Another happy tail. I hope the kittens end up in wonderful homes in the end. In my neck of the woods it is near impossible to get kittens into No Kills. I had to be driven 120 miles away to the No Kill who miraculously took my 2 kittens and they found them homes a few weeks later. Help is not easy to find in my area. You have to either know a rescuer or be incredibly lucky to get kittens and cats rescued. You are very lucky to know that rescuer and she was able to help you out. It is true we all have our on challenges to deal with. I am hanging in there, but my numbers are spiking up again which I really didn't want happening. It just can't keep going up. I need to see stability here. I can't keep having cats dumped on me. I had 6 cats dumped on me in since last year(1 in the last month)-it is just getting to be too much. When will this end? I know you have a lot going on. I hope things get better for you and for your dear friend. Thanks, last night's smile did put a smile on my face. That kitty with the disheveled fur has such a sweet face. Makes me want to hug him. :catlove:Well, you enjoy your Labor Day weekend. Take care. ❤
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Still praying for you during this difficult time. Hang in there.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Me too. I worry all the time about them. You are not alone. I hope everything falls in place for you, and you will not have to worry about how you would be able to continue to care for your feral colony. Stay strong.
pearl99 pearl99 I hope that video lifts your friend's spirit while she mourning her dearly departed pet. Those sunsets are a visual feast. I can barely take it in. We are surrounded by such beauty to inspire. Glad you enjoyed it.

Happy Labor Day Weekend to those who celebrate and to everyone who doesn't celebrate-Have a great weekend!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
As everyone here knows, I fight my battles too. What I haven’t mentioned is that there was a litter of kittens that showed up recently. No mom cat to take care of them although a neighborhood Tom was guarding them. I noticed he was staying in my yard constantly. There was a reason. Four little furry reasons! He led them to me. They needed food and help. You also know that I set the limit of cats I can care for here. What to do? I had been contacting every shelter and rescue that I know or could find. The kittens were scary but came for food. I straightened up my old feral shelter by the back door and they settled in. Every Foster shelter was full. Kitten season is in right now. I was scrambling to figure out how I could shuffle cats around if I could not find help but really, there was no good answer evident. I kept working to gain the trust of the babies. The Tom helped and observed my work to make sure I was doing things right. I did the day shift and he took the nights. Lol He slept nearby during the day and I tucked them all in late at night. This morning I made one more desperate attempt and re sent all pictures and info that I had. Most responses were, “ good luck!” Finally I called the specialty cat food store where I had bought the food Banjo needed when she first got sick. Again, I was told that all shelters were full including the one they normally recommend. I called my vet to see if I could board the babies until a health check could be done. I waited to hear. While I waited I called the shelter mentioned above. I described to the woman the details and she said,” I think I heard about you looking for help for them!” Let me paws a minute here for a backstory. Way back in this thread I spoke of a Foster that helped me. Then I spoke of her needing help for her “Foster Fail” that was a hydrocephalic kitten named ET. She and I have had a long and supportive relationship since she first helped me with some kittens and a cat named Jazzy who was verrry pregnant. Many, many cats between us later and it was she who had mentioned me to this woman. My Foster friend is now about to go through Chemo but she took the time to reach out to help! Because of her, the kittens were rescued today and within less than an hour of my catching them (only took about five minutes to get all four!) they were off to a rescue! The rescue group even uses my vet! I have made a new contact and my contact has a new supporter in me! I sent her off with a donation and some cases of cat food. Lol She is my age, she has the same ideas about joining forces as rescuers and as individuals doing this on our own and we swapped many stories in the short time she was here. The kittens never complained once, seemed purrfectly content and brought us together. Can it get any more amazing? Yes. Look at the kitties! Each one allowed me to pick them up and place them in the carrier. Wow!

After I discovered them at my back door.
View attachment 430773
A place to eat under cover but away from where the were sleeping.
View attachment 430774
After they discovered me! Lol
View attachment 430775
I’ve been seen!
View attachment 430776
Practice eating inside a carrier.
View attachment 430777
Sitting in the plate disguises the food!
View attachment 430778
Unless your siblings eat around your bottom. Lol
View attachment 430779
Time to find a place to wash up.
View attachment 430780
Even baby kitties can do a good clean up. Or is this just sampling leftovers? Lol
View attachment 430781
Another day of practice?
View attachment 430782
Hey siblings! Does the sky look different today?
View attachment 430783
Who cares! The food is here!
View attachment 430784
I tell you guys, something outside looks different!
View attachment 430785
Who cares! The food is good, I tell you!
View attachment 430786
Whoa! Staring at these bars can make you go cross eyed!
View attachment 430787
Then stop staring!
View attachment 430788
I can’t help myself. Look at that!
View attachment 430789
I’m staring but I just don’t see how it makes you cross eyed.
View attachment 430790
I think you have to look up.
View attachment 430791
Hi little kitty!
View attachment 430792
Awwww. I am getting petted by a kitten!
View attachment 430793
Hey! You tricked me. I’m supposed to be the one getting petted!
View attachment 430794
If I could reach you, I would eat you!
View attachment 430795
Uh Oh! Here comes a good petting!
View attachment 430796
How about toys? Do you kittens play?
View attachment 430797
I don’t know. Is that something to eat?
View attachment 430798
What are these things?
View attachment 430799
They didn’t fly down like birds.
View attachment 430800
Did they wiggle in like bugs?
View attachment 430801
They smell different. Kind of like a plant.
View attachment 430802
Practicing is over little kitties!
View attachment 430804
Now for a real petting. I have to say good bye!
View attachment 430805
Are you leaving us?
View attachment 430806
No little one. You are going where there won’t be any more fleas, no more being scared and you’ll have lots of food and love all the time!

That’s sounds great to us! Hurry up hooman!
View attachment 430803
OMG!
View attachment 430809
I think I need a kleenex. Happy endings always produce happy tears!
View attachment 430810
Happy ending for four little kittens and for the hooman that didn’t know what to do. I’m quite sure that Banjo and Froggie arranged it all.

From out of the shadows comes light. Never, ever give up.
Yay! It's time for a happy dance!
Those kitties are so CUUUTTEEE!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird
It would seem that you're not the only one with cats of an entrepreneurial bent. In my recent travels, I came across this sign. How she managed to keep it a secret is beyond me.
IMG_2188_kindlephoto-975658019.jpg

Well done on finding a place for those kittens. How you manage it is nothing short of amazing.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
My condolences on the loss of your aunt. When all links to the past are severed, it leaves a void not easily, if ever, filled.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird
It would seem that you're not the only one with cats of an entrepreneurial bent. In my recent travels, I came across this sign. How she managed to keep it a secret is beyond me.View attachment 430896
Well done on finding a place for those kittens. How you manage it is nothing short of amazing.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
My condolences on the loss of your aunt. When all links to the past are severed, it leaves a void not easily, if ever, filled.
Thanking you. Clearly you understand. SO many times. SO many memories. SO much wisdom (and not a little laughter!)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess: :clap::wavey::clap2::happycat:

Jcatbird Jcatbird Yay!!! Another happy tail. I hope the kittens end up in wonderful homes in the end. In my neck of the woods it is near impossible to get kittens into No Kills. I had to be driven 120 miles away to the No Kill who miraculously took my 2 kittens and they found them homes a few weeks later. Help is not easy to find in my area. You have to either know a rescuer or be incredibly lucky to get kittens and cats rescued. You are very lucky to know that rescuer and she was able to help you out. It is true we all have our on challenges to deal with. I am hanging in there, but my numbers are spiking up again which I really didn't want happening. It just can't keep going up. I need to see stability here. I can't keep having cats dumped on me. I had 6 cats dumped on me in since last year(1 in the last month)-it is just getting to be too much. When will this end? I know you have a lot going on. I hope things get better for you and for your dear friend. Thanks, last night's smile did put a smile on my face. That kitty with the disheveled fur has such a sweet face. Makes me want to hug him. :catlove:Well, you enjoy your Labor Day weekend. Take care. ❤
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Still praying for you during this difficult time. Hang in there.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Me too. I worry all the time about them. You are not alone. I hope everything falls in place for you, and you will not have to worry about how you would be able to continue to care for your feral colony. Stay strong.
pearl99 pearl99 I hope that video lifts your friend's spirit while she mourning her dearly departed pet. Those sunsets are a visual feast. I can barely take it in. We are surrounded by such beauty to inspire. Glad you enjoyed it.

Happy Labor Day Weekend to those who celebrate and to everyone who doesn't celebrate-Have a great weekend!
Thanking you so very much for your kind words, thoughts, and Prayers, my friend. I was able to talk to my cousin yesterday and we had a great "visit" by phone. He's always been my favorite cousin and I knew he'd be taking the loss of his beloved mom hard. Took a chance on it being a time he could talk -- he and his wife were at my aunt's apartment getting her things ready to take out. Those that can are coming in to be with them so they'll have people around them.
We had made such progress on spay/neuter/adoptions when the pandemic hit, and since then, a shortage of vets and trouble getting appointments has put us back exponentially. But we don't stop. It seems insurmountable, and it wouldn't be if people would just get their act together and get back on track. But that seems to be a tall order these days. I'm so grateful to you, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose and Jcatbird Jcatbird and all who work at this labor of love at any time, but especially in this very difficult time. My *PRAYERS* always for all cats, and for all who care for and about them. You are my greatest heroes, doing what I consider the most important work there is.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanking you so very much for your kind words, thoughts, and Prayers, my friend. I was able to talk to my cousin yesterday and we had a great "visit" by phone. He's always been my favorite cousin and I knew he'd be taking the loss of his beloved mom hard. Took a chance on it being a time he could talk -- he and his wife were at my aunt's apartment getting her things ready to take out. Those that can are coming in to be with them so they'll have people around them.
We had made such progress on spay/neuter/adoptions when the pandemic hit, and since then, a shortage of vets and trouble getting appointments has put us back exponentially. But we don't stop. It seems insurmountable, and it wouldn't be if people would just get their act together and get back on track. But that seems to be a tall order these days. I'm so grateful to you, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose and Jcatbird Jcatbird and all who work at this labor of love at any time, but especially in this very difficult time. My *PRAYERS* always for all cats, and for all who care for and about them. You are my greatest heroes, doing what I consider the most important work there is.
😳 Aw Shucks-You made me blush.. I wished I could do much more for them. I' love the work Jcatbitd has done saving so many kitties and finding them homes and given a home to so many homeless kitties. She is one of my heros here. We all do what we can for them. I act as caretaker for them, Jcatbird rescues them and you work as an Advocate trying to bring awareness and make things better for the cats. You adopted rescue kitties as well. You are a hero in your own right. :salute: I salute you, Jcatbird, and others here on TCS who are doing all they can for the kitties. God bless you.

I am so glad that you had a very good talk with your cousin. It probably made you feel better as well as your cousin. One of my favorite parts during my father's wake was when I and others stood up and shared stories of my father. It was very heart warming and some of the stories were a bit funny which made me laugh. I hope you and your family.share many stories and memories of your dearly departed Aunt. Thank you for your prayers. I am still praying for you as well. Take care. :heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
😳 Aw Shucks-You made me blush.. I wished I could do much more for them. I' love the work Jcatbitd has done saving so many kitties and finding them homes and given a home to so many homeless kitties. She is one of my heros here. We all do what we can for them. I act as caretaker for them, Jcatbird rescues them and you work as an Advocate trying to bring awareness and make things better for the cats. You adopted rescue kitties as well. You are a hero in your own right. :salute: I salute you, Jcatbird, and others here on TCS who are doing all they can for the kitties. God bless you.

I am so glad that you had a very good talk with your cousin. It probably made you feel better as well as your cousin. One of my favorite parts during my father's wake was when I and others stood up and shared stories of my father. It was very heart warming and some of the stories were a bit funny which made me laugh. I hope you and your family.share many stories and memories of your dearly departed Aunt. Thank you for your prayers. I am still praying for you as well. Take care. :heartshape:
Again, much gratitude! It helps a lot at this time to know others empathize.
My family's kinda gone to the 4 winds and a lot of them are gone. My parents had me late in life and my mom got COPD so she's been gone for a long time. My dad has, too. My grandparents were older when my father and everyone except his older sister were born, too, so doing the math, most have been gone for awhile. The cousins are all over the place and I haven't got any connection to any of them but 2. Things are like that for many, if not most, people in these times. I'd like to find the cousins who kinda dropped off the map, and my brother as well, but I don't guess there's a way to do that without sacrificing privacy and having to pay. So there it is.
Yeah, cats have been FAMILY to me all my life, and very important to my human family. It's a tough time for them but each of us does what we can. We're each important in the scheme of things!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that most of your family have passed away. Also, regarding those who strayed away like your brother. I can see why you have such a deep love for cats. They are sweet and are constant companions-they are a comfort. Sometimes I prefer the company of my colony cats to my crazy family.

Know that you are not alone. I hope you find much comfort during this difficult time. Take care. I have to run out to feed the cats again, but before I do I want to leave you with this.❤
xZazzleMaythePeaceCard.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xVOOxSFIPj.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that most of your family have passed away. Also, regarding those who strayed away like your brother. I can see why you have such a deep love for cats. They are sweet and are constant companions-they are a comfort. Sometimes I prefer the company of my colony cats to my crazy family.

Know that you are not alone. I hope you find much comfort during this difficult time. Take care. I have to run out to feed the cats again, but before I do I want to leave you with this.❤
View attachment 430924
Many thanks, my friend.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
No way did I mean anything comparison-wise or disparaging; just relating some of my experiences with my work. Everyone who does this labor of love is a hero in my book; no one ranks higher on my priority list.
I lost my aunt last night; she was the last remaining member of my dad's generation and very, very loved and important in my life. She inspired me greatly. So I may not be very conversational for awhile.
Wishing you all the best, always.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . It's hard to see the older generations go one by one. Thinking of you.
Most of my family doesn't keep in touch much, my parents and aunts and uncles are gone except for one aunt who we don't see or hear from much, and the one brother who has kept in touch a lot now has alzheimer's and doesn't recognize people. But his wife and one daughter do, so I have that. But there are holes.
I hope you have a nice day today anyway.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . It's hard to see the older generations go one by one. Thinking of you.
Most of my family doesn't keep in touch much, my parents and aunts and uncles are gone except for one aunt who we don't see or hear from much, and the one brother who has kept in touch a lot now has alzheimer's and doesn't recognize people. But his wife and one daughter do, so I have that. But there are holes.
I hope you have a nice day today anyway.
Thanking you, pearl99 pearl99 . Yes, we have a hard time when our loved ones leave us.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is SO good to be back! I had my cardiac ablation done early Wednesday morning, and was home on Friday, but just rested for a couple of days. I feel MUCH better, although my muscles are weak from not being able to move much for two years. That said, I can walk from the front of the apartment to the back twice without being exhausted!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 All the BEST to you! May your recovery be as comfortable as possible and as quick as possible; but hope you'll just take it easy and be careful not to do too much, too soon.
neely neely Don't we love Kliban? Such happy, "upful" and funny cats. I just have 2 things: a potholder that belonged to my mom with ":redheartpump: a CAT" and the big stripey guy on it, and a great T-shirt showing 2 cats on a fence on a black background; one says to the other, "If I had two dead rats, I'd give you one" :lol2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It is SO good to be back! I had my cardiac ablation done early Wednesday morning, and was home on Friday, but just rested for a couple of days.
Welcome back! :welcomeback2: So glad the cardiac ablation went well and you have more energy. :clap2: How did HeK do while you were gone?
Did she forgive you in your absence? Please pamper yourself and get all the rest you need, we're not going anywhere. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.