My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I guess they are the Singapore version of hummingbirds. You had one use your house as a shortcut? A fly way.:flail:very smart bird!
I guess Sunbirds and Hummingbirds are sort of inter-related.
The Crimson Sunbird is our National Bird.

Yes, I have one that zoomed through the house at high speed before I can even say hi.
Instead of ending the post thinking about bugs, how about a peaceful view of the ocean? :)
I can hear the waves beating on the shore................................................

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom O read that the Crimson Sunbird even hovers like a hummingbird while taking nectar. They are so beautiful.
It must have been quite startling to be buzzed in your own house! Lololol I have never had a hummingbird in the house but I have had a wren. She was not using it as a shortcut though. I’m more likely to get frogs using the house. Banjo keeps inviting her friends.
Ahhhhh.... the sound of the waves. I spent a little time wading in the edge and the water was clear and warm as bath water.
This little guy kept me company.
886195EC-39C6-4786-9777-7195DDBD5275.jpeg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
O read that the Crimson Sunbird even hovers like a hummingbird while taking nectar.
Yes, the Sunbirds hover while taking in nectars, just like the Hummingbirds.

Banjo sure has lots of friends.

The little guy on the beach looks like some kind of a seagull?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom The beach bird is a gull. He is a bit different than what we usually see. I believe he is a Bonaparte’s gull. The black bill is the thing that sets him apart in appearance. Most of the gulls here have a reddish or orange bill. I thought he was very cute.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lol, I'm pretty sure that's not a bunny but a Pikachu.
Yes, Lari Lari Lari Lari , you're right. rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama , Pikachu is a mouse. *Don't ask.*
Thanks for the lesson on Pikachu. Sadly, I think I was fooled by those ears once before. I can get that it's not a bunny. But a mouse? :headscratch:

Here is one of the feeders- we have 3 up, plus 3 spares. When the liquid starts to cloud, she makes a fresh batch, fills the spares, then the ones hanging go into the dishwasher. We have had these for quite a few years, so don't ask me where we got them.
That's so pretty.

I don't have humming bird feeders, so I rarely see them around my place. But here's a pic I took once, of one resting on a wire.

1628766509283.png

Instead of ending the post thinking about bugs, how about a peaceful view of the ocean? :)
Beautiful. Much better ending, than bugs. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, all, Pikachu is officially a mouse. Weird, I know. And Hello Kitty? I read that some insisted she is a little girl "and not a cat" but then they recanted. Japanese pop culture is often very different from American pop culture which, as we all know, makes perfect sense all the time 😑 .
tabbytom tabbytom The Crimson is the most beautiful IMHO! Along with the Lion, Singapore has noble and beautiful official animals.
No, Jcatbird Jcatbird , cicadas would not make a nice crunchy treat for a cat! *Buzzy, maybe, though.* Kodiak, you don't need to be miffed. If you ate that you might get sick.
A very cute little seagull! Last night I was watching Pt. II of the PBS special series on "SUPER CATS" and one of the stars is a little bobcat who is blind in one eye, lives on the seashore, and catches gulls! She is amazingly good at it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't catch much thunder and lightning on this one but bolt hit and power went out right after. Still having storms just not as bad...yet.
Stay safe there, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 and loved ones!!! It is very beautiful there, but I wish the weather was more even everywhere, not dramatic drought or dramatic flooding.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The Crimson is the most beautiful IMHO! Along with the Lion, Singapore has noble and beautiful official animals.
Oh yes, the Crimson Sunbird is one small beautiful bird. But of course, when you look at birds from other countries, they are even more beautiful as it is rare to see.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama That is such a great silhouette of the hummingbird! They are very hard to photograph so that was a good catch.
As for mice with big ears…… Whistle would be fooled too. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Singapore did choose wonderful creatures to represent. That bird is like a bit of sun. No wonder the name!
Hello Kitty was a girl. Okay. Educated again! Lol My nephew is very into that culture and would probably be able to enlighten me on many things. Every once in awhile his old Auntie surprises him though. He was shocked to learn that I had watched the Anime “Angel’s Egg.”
The Bob cat does that with one eye? Amazing. True survival.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That was some storm! Wow! The rain and wind sounded like hail! It was wild and beautiful but the power is something to see. There was a question of the day about storms. Do you like them? I like the storms but not the damage.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I go to pick up Marcus Trax and Surely. I spent the day getting a spot ready for them.
Matching cages for a sanctuary during the healing process. They can be together the whole time. The other cats can visit at the front door, but be behind drapes if the new arrivals get nervous.
40899497-1947-4A2B-893C-D66992F7A927.jpeg

The cage tops are insulated from the sound of little cat paws walking above by a think layer of carpeting. The residents can be near without being intrusive.
F7348642-093F-423D-9755-DD670340ECB2.jpeg

Lady in waiting. Lol
334CEA5D-EA46-4B85-9CF7-EB4D2931154B.jpeg

So, when can I meet them?
3FBB2507-BEE1-438A-850B-CDB3C42C0D22.jpeg

Misty is already waving hello.
CAF82910-40D1-4EB0-8CD9-7A0588386A36.jpeg

Bonjour was worried they would take his spot in the catio so he has staked his claim.
6942BB5A-CE3B-4C28-A308-23CA6829B1A8.jpeg

Kodiak is admiring the mermaids and fish on the cage covers.
84E90DB1-CFCF-4671-A88B-3920C7D915EA.jpeg

She is excited and ready to keep the new kitties company from above.
EE4695BB-0F71-447C-B08B-2B4ECCE1769B.jpeg

Banjo decided it might be wise to warn Froggie not to come inside until the new kitties understand that he is not part of the menu here.

29EB8B27-693A-40EF-8508-732067ED24EE.jpeg

No worries Banjo!!
7B169236-C276-42E2-A62E-F7BF45A38C3C.jpeg

We’ll keep Froggie safe but the kitties will need toys.
0D5FC171-BB1F-441F-AAF3-A74C766862AD.jpeg

Whistle. What do you think we should do to welcome the kitties?
03E64103-E01C-4ACF-990D-A4B28381771E.jpeg

Get catnip!!
888DD2AF-B42B-4283-82C4-7F564BF61224.jpeg

I’m getting this ready.
ED7A58D5-94D0-4F11-8970-B82D74C8892C.jpeg

I’m going to make née friends. I am going to give them my favorite mousie!
01FDC915-E77F-4F31-8629-9296A1E37544.jpeg

It looks like we are ready!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here is one of the feeders-
That's one of the most beautiful feeders I've ever seen! I WANNA BE A HUMMING BIRD IN YOUR YARD!

Not too bad except for the weather. It's hot and humid.
Dang. You won't have to worry about me turning up on your doorstep to visit. Hot and humid mean that I don't breathe. YOU, however, are welcome on mine, should you ever end up here, visiting!

GORGEOUS! This is the beach I grew up on...Gulf of Mexico, Florida panhandle.
1628838496306.png

1628838593219.png

Yes, the sand is that white, and the water is that turquoise (due to the very white sand)

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird
I am back again, trying my best to catch up. First, I am so so sorry on the loss of Smokey. I know there are no words to ease the pain of her loss. I was worried when you had stated that the cancer had spread to the lungs. They usually don't have much time once that happens. I know my cat Blackie didn't, but that was years ago. I was so praying that with medication , your Smokey would have more time. I am so sorry that was not the case. May she be watching over you with your precious Sarah. Just know that my heart feels your pain.
Also, eye surgery? How are things now?
Also, did I read correct, two more new cats? What is the story behind them??
How are all the other kitties doing?
How is my sweet Wanda Heart?
I can hardly believe how small and sick she was when you first rescued her.
Now, she is grown up and healthy.
She will always be a baby to me, though.
My sweet Wanda Heart, I am sending lots of cuddles to you and to all the other kitties as well.
Hugs and much love being sent to you Jcatbird!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's one of the most beautiful feeders I've ever seen! I WANNA BE A HUMMING BIRD IN YOUR YARD!

Dang. You won't have to worry about me turning up on your doorstep to visit. Hot and humid mean that I don't breathe. YOU, however, are welcome on mine, should you ever end up here, visiting!

GORGEOUS! This is the beach I grew up on...Gulf of Mexico, Florida panhandle.
View attachment 391457
View attachment 391458
Yes, the sand is that white, and the water is that turquoise (due to the very white sand)
You would be welcome, except you would have to rub elbows with (gasp) YANKEES!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone interested, I looked up those feeders and they are available on Amazon- isn't everything these days? They are the Perky-Pet 8108-2, and go for $17.40 each. Pretty ain't cheap, I guess.
Edit: I went to chewy, and while they have red and cobalt blue feeders, they don't offer the green ones.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, hot and humid and now with the mask on, it's harder to breathe as the mask makes the face very sweaty.

Thank you for the offer. I'm packing my bags now................................................'Ding Dong'.............................anyone home? :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tomorrow I go to pick up Marcus Trax and Surely. I spent the day getting a spot ready for them.
What a lovely setup you've arranged for them. :catlove:

On a different topic, I know you've mentioned that you heard from M maggiedemi , and that she told you she was taking a break. Next time you're in touch with her, please tell her we miss her, and hope her break will be over soon. The site isn't the same without her. :sigh:

I also posted a Bon Jovi song for her in the Music Videos A-Z, so hope she'll maybe see it.

For anyone interested, I looked up those feeders and they are available on Amazon- isn't everything these days? They are the Perky-Pet 8108-2, and go for $17.40 each. Pretty ain't cheap, I guess.
Oh, thanks for that, N NY cat man . Amazon Canada has them too, and only $2 more. :thumbsup:
I also just discovered that the red top on the feeder is an ant guard. Amazon has them too. However, they're twice as expensive on the Canadian site, as the US one. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.