My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953 It will be great if you can check in on Itty Bitty! It’s always gratifying to get to see them in their homes. Heart warming! We’ll want updates too. That will be a smile post and, as you know, we can never have too many of those. :hugs:
I looked at the Poke here in the yard today. The berries are getting very ripe. Beautiful dark purple. Almost black.

N NY cat man That is just one plant?!?!? Wow! Deadheading does keep the plant blooming longer. I always seem to get behind on that though. The hummingbirds must love the nectar from those beauties. I wonder what it tastes like to them? Lol Yummy. Glad juice!

rubysmama rubysmama I had actually delayed talking about them because so much was going on here and I was hoping for a report of good news about them. I got a delayed bloodwork report on Marcus. He does have FIV but that is something we can deal with. BJ has that too. It may be that Marcus ends up here but I still hope to find them a loving home. I’ll do the best I can for them. They won’t be living from
paw to mouth in this awful heat though. Thank goodness they both avoided heart worms. No Felv either so we are in good shape so far! Marcus is a lover like BJ! Oh my! Such a face!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have never seen so many tapeworms! Ugh! Poor baby. I had already given her worm treatment so I hate to think how she started out! She and Marcus are on more worm treatment now. Also mite treatment and antibiotics for ear infection. It’s going to take a little time but I plan on fattening them up just a bit and giving lots of snuggles.
I will never understand hard hearts. I know people can endure a lot and it causes them to become hard but it doesn’t have to. Others endure and it opens their hearts. It’s all in how you choose to look at the world. I do believe it is a choice but maybe they are here to teach the rest of us how to endure and come out the other side with loving hearts. We need up to perceive down, High to perceive low, night to perceive day. Perhaps the bad teaches us about good?
Elvis! How sweet of you and your dear guardian. No hero(ine) here. Just a lover of cats and soft hearted guardian. The cats are the heros. Hoomans just look better when a cat beside them smiles;)

Elvis is a plastic fanatic? I have some plastic lickers too. Flowers likes to lick it. I don’t quite understand the pleasure. I tried it and got nothing!:lol: Must be a cat thing. I guess that’s why the cats are in charge. They know far more than we do.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Surely is a sweet one. Precious! The vet called and the kitties are doing well. That vet is the best! They are in the most caring hands right now. Thank you about making a difference in their lives. I wish I could have kept them from being dumped to begin with. Judging by how sweet they are, someone loved them before. I’m glad of that. Marcus is a very interesting fellow. I think he’s going to win a lot of hearts. Photos coming!

@pearl99 I think you just said what ate all your time! My goodness you have been overwhelmed! I am glad Gracie is better. I know that Mackie and some of the others barf if they eat Cat Chow but do well on Nutrish. Or, at least one version of it. Pawpurr has had to change dry food recently too. I think it was causing some skin reaction. She seems better but we’ll see.
I know how bad replacing a subfloor can be. I had to do that in the car room. I am so sorry about all you have been dealing with. Hopefully the family visit was nice. You deserve something nice in all that! Give Gracie our love.
Thank you about Smokey. :hugs: We miss her.
Yep, that's one plant. I got that one, I think, 4 years ago, and it's a good thing that I resisted the temptation to get more than just the one plant. Apparently the soil, crummy as it is, agrees with it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now….. TCS hoomans…… can I have pets please? I need them.
E13B73C6-F14A-4449-AF53-85514E14A74D.jpeg
Oh, Marcus, you are a total cutie pie. :catlove:

And I'd love to give you virtual pets, but the only one I could find is for a bunny!!! But we can pretend it's cat. Just make sure you don't let Whistle see it, cuz Whistle has a bit of a fear of big ears.

pika.gif

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Marcus, you are a total cutie pie. :catlove:

And I'd love to give you virtual pets, but the only one I could find is for a bunny!!! But we can pretend it's cat. Just make sure you don't let Whistle see it, cuz Whistle has a bit of a fear of big ears.

View attachment 391263
Lol, I'm pretty sure that's not a bunny but a Pikachu.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Lari Lari , you're right. rubysmama rubysmama , Pikachu is a mouse. *Don't ask.*
Jcatbird Jcatbird Marcus is so adorable! Sorry to hear about the FIV but you're right, of course! Cats can and do live normal, happy, healthy lives with it, and there is no need for isolating in multicat families unless there are physical fights, which Marcus looks far too sweet and amenable to engage in!
Yeah, it's weird about the mean people. I read all these reasons why people are that way, and then I think of my parents and grandparents and undoubtedly their ancestors, all of whom, I'm sure, endured far more hardship and mistreatment than I could dream of. My parents were the kindest people. They taught me much about compassion, understanding and tolerance. And now, the tougher things get, the more I understand that others are indeed fighting battles just as I am. The one thing I will not forgive is cruelty. That's going to have to be done by Someone else, because I can't. Hurt an innocent, I'm going to actively pray for your annihilation. There's NO reason for that whatsoever.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smile tonight comes from Marcus. He is a trooper and a very fine fellow.

Hey! What is that person doing? Taking my temperature? There has got to be a better way!
View attachment 391219
Okay. I need a minute after that!
View attachment 391220
I am so sorry Marcus! Forgive me but we are just taking care of you.
View attachment 391221
Taking care of me?
View attachment 391222
You have a strange way of showing it!
View attachment 391223
That part is over Marcus! No more thermometer!
View attachment 391224
Just pets now.
View attachment 391225
Pets?
View attachment 391226
In that case, I forgive everyone!
View attachment 391228
Give me pets. Lots of pets.
View attachment 391229
Those other hoomans will pet? View attachment 391230
Come back hooman! I want pets.
View attachment 391231
Where did they go?!
View attachment 391232
Return hoomans!
View attachment 391233
I am using all my cat powers. Come back hoomans. Pets are owed! I need the pets.
View attachment 391234
I did it!
View attachment 391235
Now….. TCS hoomans…… can I have pets please? I need them.
View attachment 391236
Marcus is adorable!!! That last pic is precious. Sweet faced kitty. Hope him and Surely get adopted soon. ❤❤❤ Cats with FIV can live full lives with the proper care. Thank you for all you do for these cats. 🙂

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we have an update on the last kitties that turned up here. I haven’t talked a lot about them because I got sidelined by Smokey and my eye issues but I have been working with them. No hooman has stepped up to claim them. They do not have a microchip either.

The female has wonderful spots!!
View attachment 391104
She is not feral.
View attachment 391105

View attachment 391106
She likes to snuggle…..
View attachment 391107
And is playful.
View attachment 391108
She is soooo sweet.
View attachment 391109
She is bonded with the male that was protecting her outside.
View attachment 391110
Beautiful big ears. Look out Whistle!
View attachment 391111
She knows how to smile too.
View attachment 391112
Her first vet visit. Being under the exam table is better than being on the exam table. She did very well through her first exam.
View attachment 391129
She had plenty to say about it.
View attachment 391130
After being examined….
View attachment 391131
She retreated to her house.
View attachment 391132
She has already learned the value of having her own sanctuary.
View attachment 391133
And a door she can close!
View attachment 391134
Her name came fairly quickly. She is Surely. As in ,” Surely that isn’t a lost kitty! Surely she is found. “ She seems to like being Surely.
She has an ear infection but tested negative for any serious illnesses. She has a terrible case of tapeworms though. She is staying at the vet for a few days to get treated and spayed. Her male protector is staying too so she won’t be afraid.
More about them tomorrow. Another kitty safe. Two actually. I am already working to get them adopted. Please wish them luck!
💝🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏💖💝😽

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thud:The hummingbird doesn't like our petunias so I picked up a couple of feeders, doesn't like them either.
:gaah:
I'll try with different nectar.
View attachment 391274View attachment 391275View attachment 391276View attachment 391277View attachment 391278
I had to grab her harness or she would have been after him/her.:touched:
Michele makes her own mixture for the hummingbird feeders. It is just sugar added to boiling water. She doesn't add any coloring to it, so that she can tell when it needs to be changed, as it will turn cloudy. She also makes an extra-strong mix in the fall prior to their migration, to give them extra energy. They seem to be fine with that.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is one of the feeders- we have 3 up, plus 3 spares. When the liquid starts to cloud, she makes a fresh batch, fills the spares, then the ones hanging go into the dishwasher. We have had these for quite a few years, so don't ask me where we got them.
IMG_1791.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is one of the feeders- we have 3 up, plus 3 spares. When the liquid starts to cloud, she makes a fresh batch, fills the spares, then the ones hanging go into the dishwasher. We have had these for quite a few years, so don't ask me where we got them.View attachment 391320
By far, the prettiest hummingbird feeder I've ever seen! And the red glads beside them are attractive to the birds, too! Genius!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Michele makes her own mixture for the hummingbird feeders. It is just sugar added to boiling water. She doesn't add any coloring to it, so that she can tell when it needs to be changed, as it will turn cloudy. She also makes an extra-strong mix in the fall prior to their migration, to give them extra energy. They seem to be fine with that.
💝 I shouldn't have bought the red pre-mixed stuff, impulse buy when I bought the tube feeder at Big Lots. I recieved a free package of nectar mix with the mini mason jar feeder at Meijers. 20210811_182030.jpg 20210811_184816.jpg
I goofed and didn't research prior to buying the feeders. Awaiting these I ordered online yesterday. 20210811_181741.jpg
They have perches and water filled ant deterrents. The top can be left off and filled with water to supposedly make a bathtub.

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Here is one of the feeders- we have 3 up, plus 3 spares. When the liquid starts to cloud, she makes a fresh batch, fills the spares, then the ones hanging go into the dishwasher. We have had these for quite a few years, so don't ask me where we got them.View attachment 391320
Beautiful. I some pretty glass ones at Meijers but had to go with small plastic (dishwasher safe) ones since my hanging options are limited and can't handle the weight. My hanging strawberry plant has gotten a second wind and is producing again or I could use it's shepard hook. Space is pretty limited on our small back porch.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
These are the species of Sunbirds we have :-

identifying-the-sunbirds-of-singapore

We don't have Hummingbirds here.

They are mostly found in parks and gardens and some of them will visit homes with hanging plants, and that's where we hang containers filled with sugar water for them to feed on.

I once had a Sunbird built their nest in my mop and once, one of them took a short cut through my house in from the kitchen window and out the window of the living room :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man That is one amazing plant. Good thing you didn’t get more! Lol
The hummingbird feeder is really pretty and purrfectly placed. Those must be very happy little birds.

rubysmama rubysmama Marcus is going to be a fun kitty to have around. Hopefully he gets adopted but for now, I get to enjoy him and Surely.
Thst pet works purrfectly. I agree that it sure looks like a bunny and I feel sure that Whistle would agree. If that is a mouse, it has very odd ears. Lol My nephew collected Pokémon and Pikachu stuff as a kid but I never knew that was a mouse. Lol Live and learn! The pets are what count.

Lari Lari Thanks for the lesson. I recognized the figure but never knew it was a mouse. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I guess I missed out on the Pikachu stuff. I won’t ask. Lol
Dear Marcus will get the best life I can find for him or give him. BJ has it too. Neither cat is likely to be a biter. They strike me as having similar purrsonalites. I hope they get along. We shall see.
I agree that many people are fighting battles and often, we know little of their struggles. Those who rise above to remain kind are the strong ones. Cruelty is unacceptable. Always. That is something I will always reach out to stop.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I am surprised the hummers didn’t drink everything! Maybe they have other sources nearby. When I put up feeders in the past, they are everything. However, they lived where there were not a lot of feeders or flowers. Maybe those new feeders will do the trick. Obviously they are coming around searching. Gypsy, don’t chase hummers. They have long sharp beaks. Lol If you make friends with the bird, maybe you’ll get a nice vibrating neck massage.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I think he looks really sweet too. He is sweet. I hope he gets a great life somewhere. Thank you about what I do for the kitties. I wish I could do more. They deserve more.

tabbytom tabbytom Hmmm. I understand joy and humid. Lol The Sunbirds are beautiful and must thrive in the weather there. I was going to post pictures of them but you beat me to it. Thank you for showing us. I guess they are the Singapore version of hummingbirds. You had one use your house as a shortcut? A fly way.:flail:very smart bird!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had some long days here. The cats are all resting after bug chasing last night. Kodiak and Thrasher wanted to catch the bug but Banjo, Whistle and Mitsy wanted to protect the bug. I did not take pictures of that though. Too much bug for comfort here. Lol The bug survived to go back outside though. He will live to see another day.
I did get pictures of the cat guards efforts.

No Thrasher! Don’t hurt the bug!
EB235536-A0D1-4A69-8C6F-B735549316FB.jpeg

This is a job for Frog friends!
FAD85C5A-A87C-4408-A7EA-BF56C3DF9580.jpeg

This bug will not be eaten by cats. It’s not a tasty little brown bug.
CA3B2F1C-2316-4D25-8708-443E963FE48D.jpeg

I’ll guard the high ground Whistle.....
46A7D3BD-1A48-4D2B-AF9F-CD7426A9C0AB.jpeg

And you take the low ground.
0F14E5CE-B70F-45CE-99EB-B37EECB4FACF.jpeg

The hooman got it? Then we saved it! Another bug rescued!
CA88E4FE-CE7E-4A92-AE14-6BE30F356E45.jpeg

It seems that Kodiak is a bit miffed.
152DF0DA-B3C2-4DE3-90E6-5046FC690002.jpeg

Banjo remained on guard in case another bug showed up.
AA1ED5F9-14F8-4793-80AB-50D0F38EE0C2.jpeg

Triumphant
9DECA2A5-6A68-4F21-8C31-F572285E4BB3.jpeg

Instead of ending the post thinking about bugs, how about a peaceful view of the ocean? :)
6F77AE9A-5BFE-4D86-A4AB-83E1D785B699.jpeg
2D8EB10E-9CE4-40B1-8F80-C40693AF96A1.jpeg
C39E7912-3EC5-425A-9234-5E3C85874228.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.