tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari While I hope Baby J overcomes the dairy intolerance, there is something called a “Depression Cake” or Crazy cake” that is dairy free, vegan, and can even be gluten free. Back during the depression many ingredients were hard to acquire and this cake was the solution to that dilemma. Vanilla is the one I am familiar with but I know that there is a chocolate version. Maybe that would work? Just something sweet and nice for a Smash and grab treat. Lol No matter what you do for the day, it’s going to be a great day. It will be so much fun!

N NY cat man That brought back great memories for me. Once in awhile my mother would come up with some small surprise, like a cupcake, and wish us a “Happy Unbirthday.” I don’t think I ever connected that to the Alice Story. So, that is not useless knowledge to me. It have me a Merry Unbirthday! :cloud9: I’ll take all of those I can get. Thank you!

tabbytom tabbytom So that’s why we have Fur babies!:lol: Makes purrfect sense to me!

K KittyJ Laughter is contagious. We happen to love smiles around here and the kitties are great about providing them. The return of Thrasher was a day of great joy. She was a feral that was difficult to bring in originally but desperately in need. Twice she has blessed me by coming in. This is a long thread to try and follow but the kitties here have brought great joy. They have some interesting stories to tell. Each cat that has passed through here and each one that has stayed, has captured my heart. Mackie is known as “the laughing cat” since he loves a good joke. Each cat has a distinct purrsonality and they share it with love. I am glad you found us but I also know how hard it is to keep up with so many wonderful threads and articles on TCS. I spend a lot of time reading on the site myself. It’s a great place to be. I hope you will find some laughter here.

rubysmama rubysmama Thrasher snuggles with such emphasis these days. Lol It’s as though she wants to impress upon me how relaxed and happy she is to be back. I think the Clowder Power worked some magic for her.;) It certainly works for me.

pearl99 pearl99 I am so glad you are back. I hope all is well there.
Thrasher just decided she was ready to rejoin the Clowder. She was eating good again and had gotten lots and lots of snuggles. She needed her furmily around her again. I smile every time I look at her.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Poke Salad Annie! Yep! I grew up around Poke greens. I am not a fan of Mustard or mustard greens either. I have cooked a lot of them but not my favorite flavor.
To look at Thrasher, you would not know of the stress most of the time. She can still be a little jumpy at times but mostly, she seems blissful. When I hold her she is like putty. Lol Putty cat!
Greed is corrupting. It’s a sad thing when it causes damage. It’s not something I understand. I get joy by sharing. I feel very bad for anyone who misses that kind of pleasure. It’s the best!
Elvis is a Silver tinted Silver lustered lover! Lol Banjo likes munnies too. She thinks it’s pretty and it can lead to paying for things her furmily enjoys. Things like midnight rides and cat bed/sanctuaries. I don’t think Whistle understands it can bring catnip. He just thinks that stuff grows on trees. Catnip and money.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I am very fortunate that there is a 100% dairy free Kosher bakery about 7 miles from me. It made J's baptism and my birthday much better. I'm not sure how much they customize from the normal flowers or balloons they put on cakes, but it could be worth asking! I probably want her smash cake to not be too sweet though. So we'll see!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Wow! Maybe I can find a bakery like that one! Maybe they can do something special for Baby J.

N NY cat man You pack an amazing amount of flowers in your garden! I love all the blooms. Do hummingbirds visit the Glads? I’m not sure what the exact color would be called but I would wear that color! I think you’ll have a lot of seeds from those Black eyed Susans. Or do you dead head?

BellaGooch BellaGooch It is a good feeling isn’t it? She looks so totally happy and relaxed. I would wish that for every cat and hooman.

rubysmama rubysmama The Crayola website! Great idea! I have always loved Crayloa. Lol I can remember how cool the giant box of crayons was to a little girl. A rainbow in a box.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Flamin hot! Lol Yep!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we have an update on the last kitties that turned up here. I haven’t talked a lot about them because I got sidelined by Smokey and my eye issues but I have been working with them. No hooman has stepped up to claim them. They do not have a microchip either.

The female has wonderful spots!!
7DEBC1F8-B606-4D83-ABE2-CAA0B12F3A7D.jpeg

She is not feral.
C0F28DF1-04D3-4E60-A9DC-22F9EB0646FD.jpeg

A3F0DE29-D11A-45F5-B2BF-8AFC0F273346.jpeg

She likes to snuggle…..
BF4DAB07-94C5-439A-9BB0-15377D7AA21D.jpeg

And is playful.
5A04E22D-D529-411F-9F5C-BE83BD734DFA.jpeg

She is soooo sweet.
A44A0FE7-3A73-4C39-B093-3F2CA68F8DA4.jpeg

She is bonded with the male that was protecting her outside.
AA6014D5-3FD2-4122-AC38-539FC6CD65E1.jpeg

Beautiful big ears. Look out Whistle!
01ECA281-67E6-4E02-BE2C-63EB8F7C85B2.jpeg

She knows how to smile too.
6C4E570F-F7B6-42CF-AF92-3CB1DCFD3B8E.jpeg

Her first vet visit. Being under the exam table is better than being on the exam table. She did very well through her first exam.
91B78DCC-4B41-4028-824B-DBCF14D90248.jpeg

She had plenty to say about it.
6A3E1EF0-A631-48D5-A7DD-7153E1A2F503.jpeg

After being examined….
1E4A99F4-3454-483E-B9AC-D8AC71E65505.jpeg

She retreated to her house.
71BFA5C0-7450-422D-81B8-D672F2B24F80.jpeg

She has already learned the value of having her own sanctuary.
377D7AEC-284D-481A-AF41-1481F41C6BAA.jpeg

And a door she can close!
1A543145-7C2E-4080-B06A-DD9484FBC33D.jpeg

Her name came fairly quickly. She is Surely. As in ,” Surely that isn’t a lost kitty! Surely she is found. “ She seems to like being Surely.
She has an ear infection but tested negative for any serious illnesses. She has a terrible case of tapeworms though. She is staying at the vet for a few days to get treated and spayed. Her male protector is staying too so she won’t be afraid.
More about them tomorrow. Another kitty safe. Two actually. I am already working to get them adopted. Please wish them luck!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know you will miss them but it is true that having they are safe and loved is the best gift you could give them. You guarded them until they got that and gave them the best start in life that a feral can get. More lives saved!:bunnydance::clap2:
Thank you. It is, indeed, and I'll get to see Itty Bitty on occasion!

Yes, there's this old song, "Poke Salad Annie"
I REMEMBER THAT SONG! The neighbor I used to have so much trouble with reminded me of Poke Salad Annie's granny...a mean, wretched, spiteful woman! The poor thing died the day after this last Christmas. I was relieved to hear that her daughter arranged for cremation and private memorial...I was afraid she'd get a pauper's burial by the county. Personally, that would be fine by me for myself, but she would have hated it.

ADOPTIONS!!!!

00LitCandle.jpeg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Wow! Maybe I can find a bakery like that one! Maybe they can do something special for Baby J.

N NY cat man You pack an amazing amount of flowers in your garden! I love all the blooms. Do hummingbirds visit the Glads? I’m not sure what the exact color would be called but I would wear that color! I think you’ll have a lot of seeds from those Black eyed Susans. Or do you dead head?

BellaGooch BellaGooch It is a good feeling isn’t it? She looks so totally happy and relaxed. I would wish that for every cat and hooman.

rubysmama rubysmama The Crayola website! Great idea! I have always loved Crayloa. Lol I can remember how cool the giant box of crayons was to a little girl. A rainbow in a box.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Flamin hot! Lol Yep!
On at least one occasion, I have seen a hummingbird visiting the glads. Also, yes, I deadhead the Susans, but even so I will have to divide the plant after this year.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we have an update on the last kitties that turned up here. I haven’t talked a lot about them because I got sidelined by Smokey and my eye issues but I have been working with them. No hooman has stepped up to claim them. They do not have a microchip either.

View attachment 391104
She is not feral.
View attachment 391105

View attachment 391106
She likes to snuggle…..
View attachment 391107
And is playful.
View attachment 391108
She is soooo sweet.
View attachment 391109
View attachment 391110
View attachment 391111
View attachment 391112
Her first vet visit. Being under the exam table is better than being on the exam table. She did very well through her first exam.
View attachment 391129
View attachment 391130
After being examined….
View attachment 391131
View attachment 391132
View attachment 391133
View attachment 391134
Her name came fairly quickly. She is Surely. As in ,” Surely that isn’t a lost kitty! Surely she is found. “ She seems to like being Surely.
She has an ear infection but tested negative for any serious illnesses. She has a terrible case of tapeworms though. She is staying at the vet for a few days to get treated and spayed. Her male protector is staying too so she won’t be afraid.
More about them tomorrow. Another kitty safe. Two actually. I am already working to get them adopted. Please wish them luck!
Surely she is lovely!!!:lol: :hearthrob: :runningcat::hearthrob::agree: And her protector is very handsome, too!
Hoping those tapeworms are gone very quickly, and that they both recover quickly and comfortably from being fixed and from their vet visit.
I was going to suggest "Stripes" for her, since, well, you know...she has SPOTS. :crackup:
Yeah, some people seem to be too mean to live, and they're often the ones that live the longest. I could list some that we all know, that seem to go on forever, leaving sadness, damage and mayhem in their wake. Maybe they are here as life lessons for us all. Some do not seem to be picking up on that yet. *sigh*
Elvis thinks you're a hero(ine) for what you're doing for these kittens! *And I agree!*:goldstar:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari While I hope Baby J overcomes the dairy intolerance, there is something called a “Depression Cake” or Crazy cake” that is dairy free, vegan, and can even be gluten free. Back during the depression many ingredients were hard to acquire and this cake was the solution to that dilemma. Vanilla is the one I am familiar with but I know that there is a chocolate version. Maybe that would work? Just something sweet and nice for a Smash and grab treat. Lol No matter what you do for the day, it’s going to be a great day. It will be so much fun!

N NY cat man That brought back great memories for me. Once in awhile my mother would come up with some small surprise, like a cupcake, and wish us a “Happy Unbirthday.” I don’t think I ever connected that to the Alice Story. So, that is not useless knowledge to me. It have me a Merry Unbirthday! :cloud9: I’ll take all of those I can get. Thank you!

tabbytom tabbytom So that’s why we have Fur babies!:lol: Makes purrfect sense to me!

K KittyJ Laughter is contagious. We happen to love smiles around here and the kitties are great about providing them. The return of Thrasher was a day of great joy. She was a feral that was difficult to bring in originally but desperately in need. Twice she has blessed me by coming in. This is a long thread to try and follow but the kitties here have brought great joy. They have some interesting stories to tell. Each cat that has passed through here and each one that has stayed, has captured my heart. Mackie is known as “the laughing cat” since he loves a good joke. Each cat has a distinct purrsonality and they share it with love. I am glad you found us but I also know how hard it is to keep up with so many wonderful threads and articles on TCS. I spend a lot of time reading on the site myself. It’s a great place to be. I hope you will find some laughter here.

rubysmama rubysmama Thrasher snuggles with such emphasis these days. Lol It’s as though she wants to impress upon me how relaxed and happy she is to be back. I think the Clowder Power worked some magic for her.;) It certainly works for me.

pearl99 pearl99 I am so glad you are back. I hope all is well there.
Thrasher just decided she was ready to rejoin the Clowder. She was eating good again and had gotten lots and lots of snuggles. She needed her furmily around her again. I smile every time I look at her.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Poke Salad Annie! Yep! I grew up around Poke greens. I am not a fan of Mustard or mustard greens either. I have cooked a lot of them but not my favorite flavor.
To look at Thrasher, you would not know of the stress most of the time. She can still be a little jumpy at times but mostly, she seems blissful. When I hold her she is like putty. Lol Putty cat!
Greed is corrupting. It’s a sad thing when it causes damage. It’s not something I understand. I get joy by sharing. I feel very bad for anyone who misses that kind of pleasure. It’s the best!
Elvis is a Silver tinted Silver lustered lover! Lol Banjo likes munnies too. She thinks it’s pretty and it can lead to paying for things her furmily enjoys. Things like midnight rides and cat bed/sanctuaries. I don’t think Whistle understands it can bring catnip. He just thinks that stuff grows on trees. Catnip and money.
Elvis is a plastic fanatic. When I open the sideboards that contain cases of cat food, he goes right to the plastic surrounding the food and starts in licking. This morning I found a ziploc bag of my roomie's on the floor where "someone" ;):insertevillaugh:had dragged it out from a shelf. And the only munnies here are small plastic cards, which he'd probably do a lot of damage with if he could get ahold of them. *He IS the COO, after all*

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 391104
She is not feral.
View attachment 391105

View attachment 391106
She likes to snuggle…..
View attachment 391107
And is playful.
View attachment 391108
She is soooo sweet.
View attachment 391109
View attachment 391110
View attachment 391111
View attachment 391112
View attachment 391129
View attachment 391130
After being examined….
View attachment 391131
View attachment 391132
View attachment 391133
View attachment 391134
Surely is a cutie!💕💕💕💕💕 I hope her treatment for tw goes well and both her and her BFF can get adopted together. 🤞 Looking forward to seeing the post about the male cat. You are making a difference in the lives of the kitties in your area. God Bless you! :heartshape:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 I am so glad you are back. I hope all is well there.
Thanks! I honestly don't know what I've been doing that's been so time consuming, but I did have family here for about a week, and catching up on gardening that I'm behind in, and some remodeling in my house that I've waited 25 years to do which means picking out the stuff and scheduling the work etc. Then on a bathroom demo found some hidden water damage which means have to replace subfloor. Ugh.
Then Gracie started barfing and losing some weight (and pooping at the same time...) so I took her off all dry food and I have a whole new cat. A world of difference, something in that dry food wasn't good. Now back to small amounts of a different dry food and plenty of wet food.
But I know TCS will always be here.
I'm so sorry about Smokey :hugs:. Gracie had me scared for a few days.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 It will be great if you can check in on Itty Bitty! It’s always gratifying to get to see them in their homes. Heart warming! We’ll want updates too. That will be a smile post and, as you know, we can never have too many of those. :hugs:
I looked at the Poke here in the yard today. The berries are getting very ripe. Beautiful dark purple. Almost black.

N NY cat man That is just one plant?!?!? Wow! Deadheading does keep the plant blooming longer. I always seem to get behind on that though. The hummingbirds must love the nectar from those beauties. I wonder what it tastes like to them? Lol Yummy. Glad juice!

rubysmama rubysmama I had actually delayed talking about them because so much was going on here and I was hoping for a report of good news about them. I got a delayed bloodwork report on Marcus. He does have FIV but that is something we can deal with. BJ has that too. It may be that Marcus ends up here but I still hope to find them a loving home. I’ll do the best I can for them. They won’t be living from
paw to mouth in this awful heat though. Thank goodness they both avoided heart worms. No Felv either so we are in good shape so far! Marcus is a lover like BJ! Oh my! Such a face!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have never seen so many tapeworms! Ugh! Poor baby. I had already given her worm treatment so I hate to think how she started out! She and Marcus are on more worm treatment now. Also mite treatment and antibiotics for ear infection. It’s going to take a little time but I plan on fattening them up just a bit and giving lots of snuggles.
I will never understand hard hearts. I know people can endure a lot and it causes them to become hard but it doesn’t have to. Others endure and it opens their hearts. It’s all in how you choose to look at the world. I do believe it is a choice but maybe they are here to teach the rest of us how to endure and come out the other side with loving hearts. We need up to perceive down, High to perceive low, night to perceive day. Perhaps the bad teaches us about good?
Elvis! How sweet of you and your dear guardian. No hero(ine) here. Just a lover of cats and soft hearted guardian. The cats are the heros. Hoomans just look better when a cat beside them smiles;)

Elvis is a plastic fanatic? I have some plastic lickers too. Flowers likes to lick it. I don’t quite understand the pleasure. I tried it and got nothing!:lol: Must be a cat thing. I guess that’s why the cats are in charge. They know far more than we do.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Surely is a sweet one. Precious! The vet called and the kitties are doing well. That vet is the best! They are in the most caring hands right now. Thank you about making a difference in their lives. I wish I could have kept them from being dumped to begin with. Judging by how sweet they are, someone loved them before. I’m glad of that. Marcus is a very interesting fellow. I think he’s going to win a lot of hearts. Photos coming!

pearl99 pearl99 I think you just said what ate all your time! My goodness you have been overwhelmed! I am glad Gracie is better. I know that Mackie and some of the others barf if they eat Cat Chow but do well on Nutrish. Or, at least one version of it. Pawpurr has had to change dry food recently too. I think it was causing some skin reaction. She seems better but we’ll see.
I know how bad replacing a subfloor can be. I had to do that in the car room. I am so sorry about all you have been dealing with. Hopefully the family visit was nice. You deserve something nice in all that! Give Gracie our love.
Thank you about Smokey. :hugs: We miss her.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smile tonight comes from Marcus. He is a trooper and a very fine fellow.

Hey! What is that person doing? Taking my temperature? There has got to be a better way!
44513179-05BA-462B-B6C0-6E3A3EBF6CA5.jpeg

Okay. I need a minute after that!
42A03683-E387-416C-8039-256CEF65C584.jpeg

I am so sorry Marcus! Forgive me but we are just taking care of you.
39D242D6-4171-43A2-9D8B-BA5DC09D3CBF.jpeg

Taking care of me?
51000886-1264-4DDB-BAAC-04C6F6835DD3.jpeg

You have a strange way of showing it!
5BCEEC36-884F-4A05-88EE-6BDE69C92E6A.jpeg

That part is over Marcus! No more thermometer!
44D46A56-1ABC-4667-A73C-C2502A7AC56A.jpeg

Just pets now.
983E2444-6221-4987-B650-D733BBECB729.jpeg

Pets?
0D75140B-2A12-43AA-ACD3-DC43DACCE44B.jpeg

In that case, I forgive everyone!
CA16553F-02B3-4BEE-8AD8-1D6AB59F03AC.jpeg

Give me pets. Lots of pets.
F67F3FAE-9D96-4EE9-A692-58DE6247E39A.jpeg

Those other hoomans will pet?
98427ABF-2C7A-4833-A2FE-4B48B079CC43.jpeg

Come back hooman! I want pets.
7C5E6EB5-3897-41F8-BD6B-F64E94DD324D.jpeg

Where did they go?!
1F831697-6C8F-4E27-B9F7-855DCD5EA32D.jpeg

Return hoomans!
67EE9C16-0DF8-4991-9205-C5351EEF280A.jpeg

I am using all my cat powers. Come back hoomans. Pets are owed! I need the pets.
C9A55A91-0DA2-470F-8AA5-26F1AFB4DEFA.jpeg

I did it!
65424B91-698B-4EE8-B4B6-299825E0F0E9.jpeg

Now….. TCS hoomans…… can I have pets please? I need them.
E13B73C6-F14A-4449-AF53-85514E14A74D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.