My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I mentioned previously, Grumpy disappeared for eight days recently. When he reappeared, his right foreleg was swollen, and he was putting no weight on it. There is a gap under our back fence so him and the other community cats can come and go, and I had seen two empty beer bottles lying on the ground. I suspect that one of our neighbors might have hit him with a bottle, but of course can't prove it. The people behind us are also cat people, so it wouldn't have been them, but those next door..........?
Anyway, Grumpy seems to be much better, and is walking normally again. He also is spending a lot more time in our back yard. Maybe he considers it a safe haven.
I built a couple of risers to hold my potato containers, and put down mulch to keep the weeds at bay. So, guess where Grumpy likes to nap?
IMG_2308.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I mentioned previously, Grumpy disappeared for eight days recently. When he reappeared, his right foreleg was swollen, and he was putting no weight on it. There is a gap under our back fence so him and the other community cats can come and go, and I had seen two empty beer bottles lying on the ground. I suspect that one of our neighbors might have hit him with a bottle, but of course can't prove it. The people behind us are also cat people, so it wouldn't have been them, but those next door..........?
Anyway, Grumpy seems to be much better, and is walking normally again. He also is spending a lot more time in our back yard. Maybe he considers it a safe haven.
I built a couple of risers to hold my potato containers, and put down mulch to keep the weeds at bay. So, guess where Grumpy likes to nap?View attachment 448978.
AWWWWWWWW! I hope he's all right?!! :redheartpump: :redcat::redheartpump:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can’t stop thinking bout Grumpy.
We do too, which is why he has food, water, and shelter available whenever he chooses. I have noticed that his territory is much more circumscribed than it once was. Exactly how old he is, I couldn't say; 7? 8? 9?, but he stays closer to 'home' these days, so maybe age is catching up with him.
Anyway, aside from when I have to use the lawnmower, or weed the flower beds, there's nothing to disturb him here. It's just too bad that, even with all the exposure to us, he has never shown any inclination towards socialization, preferring to remain aloof instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.