My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was beginning to think that I would have to make a post in the Crossing the Bridge forum, as Grumpy had not put in an appearance for the last eight days, whereas he normally came to feed at least twice daily. Our neighbors hadn't seen him either. I had to run to the bank this morning, and when I got back, there he was, sitting on our deck. What a relief it was to see him.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was beginning to think that I would have to make a post in the Crossing the Bridge forum, as Grumpy had not put in an appearance for the last eight days, whereas he normally came to feed at least twice daily. Our neighbors hadn't seen him either. I had to run to the bank this morning, and when I got back, there he was, sitting on our deck. What a relief it was to see him.
Good thing you did not jump the gun on this. We are glad that he's back!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Captains other brother from a different mother LOL (I just love saying that - I get such a bang out of the fact that since we got him we're seeing orange marmalade cats EVERYwhere :thumbsup: )
Did you know -- undoubtedly you do -- that there are no solid orange cats? Some come close, but still there are always stripes to be found on every single orange cat in catdom.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, I have a question...IF I had the money, would I want a toyger, or a lykoi? This is mostly rhetorical, because I'd end up with the scruffiest, most bedraggled cat at the rescue, and adore it!

TOYGER
1682745556239.png

Such precious little mini-tigers!

Lykoi
1682745755323.png

But then, who could resist living with a little, purry werewolf!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I have a question...IF I had the money, would I want a toyger, or a lykoi? This is mostly rhetorical, because I'd end up with the scruffiest, most bedraggled cat at the rescue, and adore it!

TOYGER
View attachment 448666

Lykoi
View attachment 448667
Good. As long as one cat is in need of a loving forever home, those who truly love cats will adopt THEM, not the "purebreds" who also frequently come with more health problems.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

TOYGER
View attachment 448666

Lykoi
View attachment 448667
When my husband and I went to a cat convention when we were engaged, we saw and got to pet a lykoi! If I recall, the fur was super soft.

20230429_112506.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , I agree, which is why it is rhetorical. I just think they are fascinating cats. And, there are several breeders of Toygers who donate a percentage of the cost of each kitten to tiger preservation groups. Which is kinda cool. The Lykois, I just like the look of! And they are a natural mutation, so...I might run across that mutation in a shelter! If I do, and the cat and I click, it would be a done deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.