My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thumbsup: tabbytom tabbytom I am so glad to hear you are recovering well from your eye surgery.tgat is very good to hear.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Thinking about you. Hope all is well and you will be back on soon again.

Since N NY cat man used the term "older than dirt" and joked about string can phones, I thought I post the "Older than Dirt" Quiz. A trip down memory lane for some. I consider myself not a spring chicken but on this quiz I am a "young whipper snapper". I'll take it. :yess: We are all getting older so we will all be "Older than dirt" soon enough. :lol: Age like fine wine and never lose your sense of humor. Hope you have fun reading this.❤
View attachment 432126

Also here is another pretty fall pic. I would love to pull a Mary Poppins and hop into it. Beautiful!
View attachment 432124
I remember everything on the list except Butch Wax. I assume Boone Farm is wine? I was born when Truman was president and we had 1 party line. I remember my first phone #ST2-5776 but can't remember my last phone no. that I had for 20 years.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember everything on the list except Butch Wax. I assume Boone Farm is wine? I was born when Truman was president and we had 1 party line. I remember my first phone #ST2-5776 but can't remember my last phone no. that I had for 20 years.
I am glad you liked that. Did you catch the video I posted shortly after I posted that list?.I had one covering the 40's and 50's. It's will be a nice trip down memory lane. Enjoy.🙂

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote That really saddens me about the Momma being taken a way and kids drowning the kitties. That is heartbreaking. 💔 Those kids need to be taught how to respect animal life. It is a shame they do not have an adult scold them over this or teach them how cruel it is to do what they did. Little Butters hit the jackpot being adopted by you and your family. What a beautiful kitten. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Jcatbird Jcatbird Love the pic of Toot the Opposum. I find them to be mellow animals who don't really start trouble. They know the house to come to during a bad storm, that's for sure. 😉 I am suprised you didn't have more. Thanks for the pics. 🙂

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom So very glad you are all healed up!
Better Butters is the very best.

rubysmama rubysmama I hope you and Ruby have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have much to be thankful for these days.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Maybe one day you could visit. Seeing little creatures like this is always interesting. I love all creatures here, great and small. That little possum seems extra intelligent and aware. Maybe I should give it a name? Any suggestions?

catsknowme catsknowme Butters looks like a kitten that understands love. Feral or tame, it knows love when he/she feels it.

strider rose strider rose That possum is cheeky! Lol Just another member of the furmily! Lol I bet Banjo taught it some cheeky!

muffy muffy Hi! I enjoyed that list. Boones Farm was a wine. It may still be but I am not sure. You remember your first phone number too? Sometimes I have to think when people ask me a date of something but I remember our phone number! Lol Funny how the brain works. I can describe every detail of the first house in my life but sometimes I can’t find my keys!:lol: :dunno:

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That little possum is a funny one. I can call out, day or night, and a little face appears around the corner of the house. I usually find them to be shy and slower moving but this one is very perky and cute. Your are right though. Mellow! Lol Surprised I didn’t have more? Hmmmm. Maybe I better check the house again!:lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have one bar on my phone and it took a long time to load my photos so I guess that weekdays may mean a signal is harder to get again! Aaasrrhh. Hopefully not! Lol

Banjo is up to her old tricks again!
Banjo. I can’t find my car keys!
Did you take them again?
E3D933E0-A945-4D5E-8C02-7BCE0B821747.jpeg

I just borrowed them.
4F236F0A-817D-4344-AB62-EB50908C4659.jpeg

I needed to go shopping. It was important!
1B41B9FB-674F-4A3B-B92B-056B624F070C.jpeg

Did you buy junk food?
A9A9BD48-7413-4CCA-8FC8-22EA79678F72.jpeg

Are you eating Cheetos again?
79FDF700-C83B-47AD-B010-0349B44A7827.jpeg

No…..
It must have been Muffin.
D8F4CAF8-F257-4CB4-BCE0-B34E16D3CEAE.jpeg

Mmmphhhhh, mmmmmphf,
3250111C-F346-41E2-B3AB-086881215DA5.jpeg

Banjo! Lol I guess you can eat just one.
D2EDC6ED-896E-4971-BD65-659F28E50156.jpeg

Sniff, sniff. Did you hide a Capstar pill in there?
03524067-7D36-4F4F-9990-219162288642.jpeg

No Banjo. It’s safe to eat one.
B4EE9EE2-6AEB-4AD7-86AB-68E39A87609E.jpeg

Good!
B69F90A4-4BF2-47A6-A0EF-BFDEE4F67CD1.jpeg

Very good! Pink tongue turning orange!
A597ABE5-C7BF-4272-A6A7-39396B367DB4.jpeg

Oh yeah!
764E872B-77BB-4F0F-A33B-5D2453985FA9.jpeg

Yummy!
1EC38E02-59E4-4DA3-A722-5048920BD3A4.jpeg

It’s good! Maybe, Muffin bought these ?
818C53D5-6972-4CF4-BB22-7F0764ADA9ED.jpeg

That’s right, blame the cat! Orange paw? It’s called tabby!
CB50DEC5-31FC-4F87-AA39-557F71B00178.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 She Good to be here! Thank you! I guess Hekitty will be your Yoga instructor? All cats practice Yoga.
Froggie agrees! Lol He can bring his friends too!
She will, although we are waiting until Wednesday to get started now. My back had several things to say to me about this...the main one being, "Look, you nitwit woman, you CANNOT drag 60 pounds of cat food through the house after two years of inactivity, and then think you can do yoga two days later! NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!"

Froggie is welcome, so far as I am concerned. And I imagine that He.r Nibs would be ok with it. He doesn't have fur.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Butters is adorable! I am ever so glad that s/he escaped into your yard and is safe now. My heart breaks for that poor mama kitty who was stolen from her children- I can only hope that she didn't sense their awful fate. Was she a feral? Butters seems tame enough.
I do not think she was feral. As per my son the Mama cat was a street cat being fed by also a kind neighbor, along with other street cats. So maybe that is why Butter is not afraid of humans just like its Mama. When the local authorities rounded-up the strays, the Mama cat was unfortunately caught.

That really saddens me about the Momma being taken a way and kids drowning the kitties. That is heartbreaking. 💔 Those kids need to be taught how to respect animal life. It is a shame they do not have an adult scold them over this or teach them how cruel it is to do what they did. Little Butters hit the jackpot being adopted by you and your family. What a beautiful kitten.
When I found out about it, I was really angry and posted on our village homeowners' group chat and ranted. I don't know whose kids were they but I said that children should be taught at a young age to be compassionate, not to be criminals.

Actually Butter and his littermates frequented our yard and played there as per my kids' info. But when they saw the other kids taking the kittens and then afterwards left behind a dead one in front of our gate, they asked me if they could just take Butter in. I said yes of course without hesitation.

Maybe one day you could visit. Seeing little creatures like this is always interesting. I love all creatures here, great and small. That little possum seems extra intelligent and aware. Maybe I should give it a name? Any suggestions?
I would love to one day to come and visit, if given the chance. I have a friend in America who tells me she usually wakes up to see wild animals from her kitchen window, and I envy her for that. She sends me photos of racoons, wild cats, sometimes a bear.

I will think of a name and tell you if something comes up in mind. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you liked that. Did you catch the video I posted shortly after I posted that list?.I had one covering the 40's and 50's. It's will be a nice trip down memory lane. Enjoy.🙂

Jcatbird Jcatbird Love the pic of Toot the Opposum. I find them to be mellow animals who don't really start trouble. They know the house to come to during a bad storm, that's for sure. 😉 I am suprised you didn't have more. Thanks for the pics.]
I have not had a chance to check out the other video but will today. I enjoy seeing things about the good old days.

I also dearly love opposums. I used to feed them and raccoons on my deck. One night I was making some lemon aide and I looked out on the deck and Blossum was walking accross the deck with 4 or 5 of her babies to get some cat food to eat. That was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Opposums are very smart animals.

JCatbird:

Oh yeah, I remember Boone's Farm Strawberry wine. When we were in our younger days my sister and her friend and I would go to Ocean City, Md and get some of that cheap wine and have a good time. It was only $1.00 a bottle back then. They still sell Boone's Farm around here and it's about $6.00 a bottle. My grandneice told me that her and her friends drink it. I don't think I could drink it today.

I also love opposums. I will have to go back and look up your thread on Toot the opposum. They are so adorable.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butch wax was used by the guys who had crew or flat-top haircuts back in the day. And Boone's Farm wine was a really cheap, really bad wine. About the only thing cheaper- and worse- was Ripple. I only had that stuff once, and I still have bad memories of it.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Here is my post with that video, and 2 other videos remembering the 60's and 70's and one remembering the 80's. Enjoy!
My Feral And Rescued Cats

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am so glad you put up that post on that local online forum regarding what those kids did and how they needed to learn to respect animals. Someone had to do that Sadly, the parents may be ignorant and indifferent in regards to animal life as well. I have seen those types, and they never discipline their children, especially over hurting an animal. These people make me sad. Butters is going to be a beautiful kitty. Thanks for being a hero. :rock: :happycat:

Jcatbird Jcatbird Forget about the Opposums. You have another Cheeto thief in the house. Open a bag of cheetos and there is bound to be one sneaking in your house. :lol:

e990998ddfe98f3dada0a221c7141046.jpg

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Your back spoke to you? I guess that is where the term ,”backtalk” comes from? Lol I hope your back understands that Yoga will be nice. No more backtalk back!
Boones Farm? Lol I remember holding a girlfriends ponytail while she cleared out the farm!:cringe::alright: Lol

tabbytom tabbytom You always post the cutest cats. Love the “Thank you” kitty!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am glad you spoke up about the cruelty. I often find that humans who are cruel are either ignorant, been filled with bitterness or may have been abused themselves. Calling attention to a problem may direct eyes to the culprits. Perhaps in this way, a young person may be stopped or even saved. We just never know how things we do can change the world for the better. I had contact with one young person who was in a group that did cruel things here. I confronted him when we had a chance to talk. Years later he has actually done some rescues himself! Works in mysterious ways! Maybe you have turned another life around!

I would love it if we could do some nature watching together. That would be so much fun. I haven’t seen any bears here but a friend tells me a mama and Cubs keep raiding his Japanese plums. Lol I would love to see that! Many years ago I was far south of here in the deep woods and met a Florida Panther. She was very beautiful and very kind. She didn’t eat me. Lol I guess I didn’t look very tasty. They are said to be very reclusive so I felt very fortunate to have seen her.
Possum still doesn’t have a name. I see the young one almost every night. She/he comes to the side door to search for treats. Here kitty kitty!:lol:

muffy muffy I have some raccoons around here too. A couple of years ago I was outside at night and taking pictures of the kitties through the window when something grabbed my pants leg from under a cat shelter.:oops: It was a young raccoon asking for some cat food.:lol: It got some. The cats watched the whole thing and I expect they were laughing to see the hooman jump so high.

N NY cat man Ripple! Lol High sugar content with alcohol. Yup! I did not partake after seeing others drink that and Boones Farm. No porcelain hugging from me! :lol: I would have been like this…..:runaround::barfgreen: Besides, someone had to be the designated driver! Remember “Mad Dog 20/20”? That did not stand for 20/20 vision.:lol:
I looked that up and found a tshirt that said “I survived it once, I can do it again.”

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Funny that you should post that adorable kitty Cheetos thief! Smile post coming. Cheese Muffin anyone? Hope my photos will load!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Banjo! How are you doing?
21864392-0694-4F7E-96D7-1E3541D57640.jpeg

Don’t know. Do you ever get a funny feeling, like something is missing?
46123A1B-4794-49D7-9759-D07305720B3B.jpeg

Hey!!!! Where are the Cheetos?
5D4595EA-A136-44CC-9291-AFE73211879A.jpeg

Someone stole my Cheetos?
C92E5608-4578-4D77-B0E1-A93FD2B23E5C.jpeg

Muffin, have you got the Cheetos?
Me? Uhhh, noooooo.
54BA20EB-0742-46B0-8CBB-545B240AAB44.jpeg

Then why are you washing your paws?
23FBF7CF-0D48-4657-89AB-BAA26BB16B94.jpeg

Just trying to lick the tabby off.
00BC0D55-A5D7-4ADB-B403-CA6626809532.jpeg

Hooman! I am borrowing the keys again.
7D08E1A7-1D7B-4ED3-BA46-ABC738D4BBD1.jpeg

crunch, crunch.
D868242E-7BB5-4EAF-8527-BD985C295CD4.jpeg

Kodiak are you crunching on something?
217D5B01-E418-4113-A6FE-BDD6F7894F8D.jpeg

No, …..
D5986417-1A1F-42BC-A10D-75375EBAFD6D.jpeg

Just heading to the litter box….
1333CD0B-E6B9-4D39-A8FC-D6FE5CB44D53.jpeg

Lol Loving and living life with ferals! Have a great night or morning everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.