My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
3 different folks sent me this video! (I don’t tweet or FB so am clueless) JUST wonderful, thanks for posting—- didn’t know how it ended!!
Wondering why they immediately trusted him? Were they dumped? That first grey kitty had a PLAN. Such hope, here.
It is believed that they were mostly likely dumped there. Those kittens are very friendly and trusting. Yes, that first kitty did a great job luring him into the ambush.😉 :lol: I read another article where he said he plans on adopting that kitten. Anyway, he has over 1000 people interested in adopting, so I hope all these fur babies find their furever home. I just love happy tails--it is good for the soul.❤:purr:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sending prayers and good thoughts that you are safe in your home and there is no tornado, lighting, or heavy rain damage around you. We had Hurricane Irene and Sandy up here where I swear my neighbor's 60 foot old Norwegian Spruce which was not in the best of shape would coming crashing down into my house
Thank you, the storm has passed and a tornado did not touch down in our area. It rained buckets with high winds but we are safe and sound. Speaking of Hurricane Sandy, I was in NY staying at my daughter's when that happened. There were so many trees laying across cars or in the street on her block. Fortunately her building never lost power but I remember many others were not so lucky. ☹

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Good luck on your search for a new laptop. :goodluck: My husband is going through something similar with his desktop computer and keeps procrastinating.
I’ve already had one in mind and was supposed to have it changed last September and I delayed it and thought it could still go on for a while more and yesterday it died.

Only thing now is whether the one I’ll be getting is in stock as many models are OOS since the shortage of chips.

Wonder why potato chips don’t work in computers. .........................

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you so much for posting that video of the kittens being saved. It was unbelievable and I'm thrilled the man had so many offers of homes for all of them. :heartshape:

We had several emergency alerts tonight with tornado warnings, thunder, sheets of rain and 84 mph winds. There were over 500 lightning strikes near the airport. Pretty scary and I kept watching the trees in our yard worried one of them might come down. :eek:
We ended up in the basement when the alarm went off so we didn't watch, but I took the garbage cans out after the storm and didn't notice too bad of damage. I'll have to look again in the morning.

:hellocomputer:Still here and reading along, just usually too tired to post these days.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margot Lane Margot Lane I agree. We do learn a lot doing it by hand. Feel? Yep. Blisters and splinters. :lol: There is a certain satisfaction in getting jobs done no matter how we do it.
The kittens in the video were smart! They had a plan and it worked! Kittens can do this if they have been around humans but they can also do this because they instinctively look for help. Something about the survival instinct. I have seen feral kittens come towards another creature that might have food but with sooo many I think it is likely they had been fed by a human before. Oh my gosh they are precious! Almost wonder if someone had been feeding a colony and , for some reason missed feeding. That was a lot to have been only one litter. Possible they were dumped but I do wonder if a colony was nearby. Some colony feeders try to stay under the radar because of safety for the cats. Happy ending for all!

tabbytom tabbytom Nooooooo! I am so sorry and I hope you aren’t gone long! We need you!
I got photos today and immediately thought of you. I hope you’ll be able to see them! Coming up!
Slow as a Sloth? Lol Maybe I am turning into a sloth. Lol
You did get more use out of that computer! :clapcat:We don’t know how long we’ll get unless we try!

I hope you find a new one you like.
Ummmm. How do we know that potato chips won’t work? Have we tried? :headscratch: :lol: 🥔

These made me think of you!
A thirsty butterfly. I wet diwn

1B658B2B-3337-49BA-9629-AE51DFDF37A6.jpeg
691CF408-91E7-4128-903B-A09D11874B2B.jpeg
FB03D31C-C260-43EE-BA89-D0F21A9D6234.jpeg
F7F6F3ED-C22D-4086-A36A-8F6F78EAF29E.jpeg
206DF645-2CBE-4F64-969B-4ED7F8C6D9B6.jpeg
CC4DCBFC-4D52-49B0-B50A-C9C0024FA4DD.jpeg
A253CA1E-7FFB-4AFF-B0EC-A7AFCF61E193.jpeg

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I still like watching airplanes in the sky. Being among the clouds was amazing! I haven’t flown a lot but every time I have, I stayed glued to the window taking pictures. The first time I flew I was mesmerized! I got to see a sunset once and sunrise once. Heavenly.

Ack! Supply issues! I know! I know! I spend more time trying to find things or report smashed things than I do serving the food I get! It’s super frustrating. I just opened a box of canned food and put my hand into a mush of food and …. Warning here to the sensitive..,,,,

maggots! Ewwwwwwwweeweeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am not squeamish but I reacted. Washed up. Desposed of the gross part, removed the whole lot to outside and dialed the 800 number. Guess what! I can no longer reach any 800 number on my landline! So, detour you call phone company who blamed the people at the other end of 800 number and another phone company for owning the 800 number. Long day of being given the run around. Not one took responsibility or gave me answers except denial. Stopped that battle to bring in new shipment and…. cases of boxes that had the bottoms broken open. Okay. Go to another box of bigger cans and as I lifted it out the case fell apart, cans went everywhere and the broken lids cut my hand! Arrrggh!
DAB17CB9-64E6-4943-991F-6A93FA73B85C.jpeg
9D3EA1E6-F9A1-4A1B-96F4-FFA0B0644AF8.jpeg
97FABCB4-E1E9-4BFC-9451-CF5FB457FE8A.jpeg

About to rain and cans everywhere! Cat food everywhere! Stinky messy! The next day, still no access to 800 number. I have no time for nonsense. Not to mention the wastefulness! These were 48 packs and 60 packs!It took a long time to clean up, sift good from bad and haul in the reboxed items. Heavy trash cans now! Those must be hauled and then washed too! I did get “help” from one phone company employee. She understood I could not place orders for supplies to National numbers so she gave me 5 numbers for food. A Barbque restaurant, and four places in the city or state capitol. Wha….? They won’t deliver here and I can’t eat barbecue or feed it to cats! Okay. She tried. I think one place was some form of food bank for the poor. Totally missed the point! She asked if someone in my house could go get food for us. No. Then she asked ,”Well, what about a son or daughter?” My daughter is deceased. “ Oh. Can’t you drive to the city?” No. I have vision problems. I need the phone I pay for to work to call and order! “So sorry but I am already doing more than required.” Thank you. I appreciate that but this is not what I need. “Well, I hope something here will work for you with these numbers. Have a good day.” Thank you. You too.
Since it took me many attempts to get a human and the day was over, I will try again. I will not give up until someone gives me an answer about why I cannot dial 800 numbers now on a landline. No, I don’t have a computer to place orders. No, I don’t have Wifi. No. I don’t want to order online! I may have to eventually but I am not just fighting this battle for myself. I know many poor and elderly around here who literally can’t order online and don’t have cell phones, computers or the knowledge of how to work these things. What will they do? The world evolves but some are falling through the cracks. Tears? Yes. But….. for many out there. I may not win this battle but I will not go quietly. Polite but not quietly. Lol They may give me answers just to get rid of me. I will be like the flea on their back. :thumbsup: I would be happy to be a flea on your behalf too!

neely neely Thank you. I did get home before the storm got bad. I don’t like driving when it is too bad to see. I would have pulled over and waited it out. Now it is painfully hot here. At least the rain cools things off.
So glad the storm didn’t take down your trees! I saw there was bad weather many places and I hope all is well now. Stay safe!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That smiley face cloud appeared on a particularly tough day and I could not resist smiling. Seriously? A smiley face cloud? Purrfect! Just what I needed that day and I was amazed. Looking up is a good thing on tough days. I never heard that cloud name but I had never seen a smiley face cloud either.:lol: If the name/face fits, wear it!

Love, love the kitten video! Baby herd! Thank goodness the one kitten showed the others it was safe. Kitties are so smart. Imagine the plan. “ Okay, you go out and thumb a ride. When he stops for you, we’ll give him so much cute he won’t be able to leave without us!”:runningcat::lovecat3:Good plan!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I am glad the storm didn’t do damage there. I hope it all looks okay this morning too. Too tied to post? So sorry and I do understand. Me too! I have company coming and a lot going on here. Mom to a toddler! You should be tired! :alright:

We have a super moon coming up. A Strawberry moon. Lol It is strawberry harvest time! The moon should be beautiful tonight and appear large!

Tired?
CC894700-37ED-4915-920D-8BA6C5BE373E.jpeg

They say that yawns are contagious!
2810F360-2ACF-4249-9AC4-F14727A27F3D.jpeg

Pardon me but….covering my ears and shutting out the world now. Night, night!
532AB44D-30B0-4968-B9C7-CFAD235515EE.jpeg

For everyone present or not , sending hope, good wishes, vibes and prayers that any type of storm passes and peaceful rest comes your way. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Nooooooo! I am so sorry and I hope you aren’t gone long! We need you!
I got photos today and immediately thought of you. I hope you’ll be able to see them! Coming up!
Slow as a Sloth? Lol Maybe I am turning into a sloth. Lol
You did get more use out of that computer! :clapcat:We don’t know how long we’ll get unless we try!

I hope you find a new one you like.
Ummmm. How do we know that potato chips won’t work? Have we tried? :headscratch: :lol: 🥔
Yea, the laptop started acting up around September last year and I thought maybe by year end there’ll be a sale and come year end, the laptop seems to be holding up and so I decided not to get a new one first but it died yesterday.

I’m waiting till month end or next month when they release the new model with the new chip.

No, potato chips didn’t work. I tried it. As soon as I try to fit the potato chip into my laptop, it ended in my mouth ............. 😂

These made me think of you!
A thirsty butterfly. I wet diwn
This is a beauty and a nice shot! ❤

. cases of boxes that had the bottoms broken open. Okay. Go to another box of bigger cans and as I lifted it out the case fell apart, cans went everywhere and the broken lids cut my hand! Arrrggh!
Oh no! I hope it’s not a deep cut and hope it’s not a rusty can. please take care of the wound.

It’s a pain typing and surfing Catsite on my sloth iPad. 😡

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Potato chip detour ahead! Lol At least the
Thank you! The cuts were not deep and the cans not rusty. I am up to date on my tetanus shot. Because of the work I do around here my doc keeps me up to date on that and supplied with prescription ointment for cuts. I have been hospitalized twice with septic wounds so we take no chances.

I thought you would enjoy the butterfly. Such beautiful colors! I did not see one of that type last year so I was happy to see one this year. It is one of my favorite butterflies. I saw a Tiger Swallowtail yesterday but it did not light and I could not get a photo. I have less flowers this year since my garden was cut by a “helpful” landscaper. I am thinking I should add a butterfly feeding station.

Hmmm. If the pad is slow as a sloth, maybe you need a sloth to do the typing for you?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here is a viral video, I thought I post here. I call it "Kitten Stapede".
Oh, so cute. Glad he's got lots of people looking to adopt them. :petcat:

We had several emergency alerts tonight with tornado warnings, thunder, sheets of rain and 84 mph winds. There were over 500 lightning strikes near the airport. Pretty scary and I kept watching the trees in our yard worried one of them might come down. :eek:
We ended up in the basement when the alarm went off so we didn't watch, but I took the garbage cans out after the storm and didn't notice too bad of damage. I'll have to look again in the morning.
Very scary for you both. Hope there was no damage done to your properties. 🤗

I am not squeamish but I reacted.
I am squeamish, and that sounds absolutely disgusting. :cringe:

Guess what! I can no longer reach any 800 number on my landline!
That makes no sense. Hope it gets fixed soon.

cans went everywhere and the broken lids cut my hand! Arrrggh!
Oh no. That type of cat can really hurt. Hope it heals quickly. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Nice to see beautiful Muffin. :hearthrob:

I've got some new blooms in my garden.

These are my alliums. They were 2 giant ones last year. The bulbs must have split, as I got 4 blooms this year, but they're far from giant. I'm thinking the bulbs are too close together, or that they just get smaller after the first year. :dunno:

1655206395517.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama ! Beautiful! We call those Lilies of the Nile and I bought a rare very dark one for my mom years ago. No longer here, and neither are the "regular color" ones which I think my gardeners may have killed. What IS it with these people? They're supposed to know how to care for plants! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Yeah, tabbytom tabbytom , since so much of my business and social lives are online, and I absolutely need a working computer, it's my policy that as soon as one starts acting up, I get another one. And no, I'm far from wealthy--just barely able to feed us and pay the bills now. But I couldn't function without a working system. Good luck to you and hope you find another one that meets your needs and doesn't bankrupt you. The price of computers now is astronomical! BTW, that video is more serious than you might think, because my second ex doesn't even know that you use only your thumbs, not your fingers, to text...and he has never texted in his life, because he's even worse off financially than the rest of us, has been for years, and has one of those pay-as-you-go plans and a refurb old iPhone he won't use but has because he just MIGHT get called to work some year...I kid you not. It's sad in the extreme.
Jcatbird Jcatbird That butterly is magnificent! What kind, do you know? I probably could have told you in a nanosecond when I was a small girl, but not now. Too much info overload.
Yes on all you wrote. I hate to be blunt and harsh, but I really do believe we're on the razor's edge for real now. When essential services break down, society is failing. And we see that everywhere. *PRAYERS* that you will be okay. What with your other health concerns, you can ill afford something like that on top of it! and yeah, what are we all supposed to do, keep paying for things we can't use, throwing them away instead of being refunded, and then having to find them elsewhere??? WTH??? I can't afford to do that. I'm barely able to hang on now. Anything else will put me over the edge. So those responsible for all this SNAFU and FUBAR better get a grip. I had a couple of smashed cans a few years ago, when I could still call and get credit, without spending two hours plus talking to someone who had no idea how to make themselves understood, much less transact the business they were ostensibly hired to deal with!
Yes, beautiful colorful one, I think a lot of us are tired. :sigh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I love all the pics of the kitties, geese, clouds, and sunset. 🤔 Hmmm, Accuma lota smiles, never heard of those clouds before, but if they bring a smile to your face than the name suits them.😉 Glad you liked the cloud pics and video I posted. Yes, clouds are indeed fascinating.

Hope everyone is doing okay. For those dealing with set backs and /or Customer Services Hell:fuming:I hope the set backs is one that can be remedied quickly enough and for those dealing with a CS nightmare, I hope you can finally get your problem taking care of. I have been there and it is very frustrating and could drive you crazy. :gaah::frustrated::dizzy: Hang tough and never give an inch till you get your problem resolved. I think that's what they want, so they can keep over billing you or doing other nonsense.

Here is a viral video, I thought I post here. I call it "Kitten Stapede". God bless this man for helping all these kittiens. I would like to say to this kind sir if I ever meet him. :rock::happycat:

Here is the rest of the story. He took them all home and is trying to find homes for them. He will be adopting the first kitty he picked up and possibly another. Love stories like this. ❤❤❤
I just pray that they will go to loving responsible homes. There are a lot of very evil people in this world. Praying this guy will do background checks on every potential adopter before he lets them go to them. People are very naive and want happy endings, but they need to do the work necessary to get there, especially when innocent lives are at risk!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On hold? Tired? Give the person on the other end a surprise! I can just hear it now. “ Sir? I am having trouble understanding you. Could you please speak up? Sir, please don’t use that language. I am doing the best I can. I can only do what the company instructs me to do. “
Meorrrrrrrrrr? “ No sir. We are out of Meorrrr. Can I get you something else?” Mmeorrrrrrrrw!
“Oh! So sorry. You are a madame and not a sir? What can I do for you madame?” lololol
5E44332A-B086-4DD3-9A60-28ED2923CD1A.jpeg

Can’t they tell I am a girl? Seems they are trying to learn catspeak. We better teach them.
721DBB2D-06F1-418A-8217-64E85D50F998.jpeg

Give me the phone Kodiak. I’ll handle the order. Whistle can do it! Banjo has taught me how to handle ordering.
58B8DC61-4CA0-4D36-85DA-A1F22623A26C.jpeg

We have a terrible storm coming. I will probably be saving phone charge in case things go out. Naturally the meds for Banjo came in today! Arrrghh! Hoping to get them but not leaving the cats alone. Take care everyone. Please trees , don’t get tired and lay down! :heartshape:Love sent to everyone! Purrs from the Clowder and the house of Jcatbird!
:bouquet:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On hold? Tired? Give the person on the other end a surprise! I can just hear it now. “ Sir? I am having trouble understanding you. Could you please speak up? Sir, please don’t use that language. I am doing the best I can. I can only do what the company instructs me to do. “
Meorrrrrrrrrr? “ No sir. We are out of Meorrrr. Can I get you something else?” Mmeorrrrrrrrw!
“Oh! So sorry. You are a madame and not a sir? What can I do for you madame?” lololol
View attachment 423290
Can’t they tell I am a girl? Seems they are trying to learn catspeak. We better teach them.
View attachment 423291
Give me the phone Kodiak. I’ll handle the order. Whistle can do it! Banjo has taught me how to handle ordering.
View attachment 423292
We have a terrible storm coming. I will probably be saving phone charge in case things go out. Naturally the meds for Banjo came in today! Arrrghh! Hoping to get them but not leaving the cats alone. Take care everyone. Please trees , don’t get tired and lay down! :heartshape:Love sent to everyone! Purrs from the Clowder and the house of Jcatbird!
:bouquet:
*Yes sir. Please may you proceed forth to involve the product?*
*No sir, this product has been entered onto your cart. How may I assist you today?*
:fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming::fuming:
*Now sir, may you to please stay on the line for five hours while I attend (a party) to your order, thank you?*
(disconnnect)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama ! Beautiful! We call those Lilies of the Nile and I bought a rare very dark one for my mom years ago. No longer here, and neither are the "regular color" ones which I think my gardeners may have killed. What IS it with these people? They're supposed to know how to care for plants! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Interesting that there's another name for alliums. Sorry your "gardeners" killed yours. 🤗

We have a terrible storm coming. I will probably be saving phone charge in case things go out. Naturally the meds for Banjo came in today! Arrrghh! Hoping to get them but not leaving the cats alone. Take care everyone.
Of course the meds come in when there's a storm coming. But best to stay close to home till it passes. Stay safe and dry. 🤗

And if you manage to get your landline to made a 1-800 call, here's something to keep in mind while you hold.

1655235041002.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting that there's another name for alliums. Sorry your "gardeners" killed yours. 🤗

Of course the meds come in when there's a storm coming. But best to stay close to home till it passes. Stay safe and dry. 🤗

And if you manage to get your landline to made a 1-800 call, here's something to keep in mind while you hold.

View attachment 423308
Yeah, I keep these guys because they are the only ones of the many I interviewed who do not charge me $$$ extra for maintaining my hedge. Apart from that, they're not the best gardeners I've had...but they're not the only ones who have killed prized plants. Weird.

And yeah, that is something to keep in mind, all right...along with sleep. Though it's said there are plenty of jobs for those who want them, I don't believe it for a second; and training live domestic workers--lots of them-- to deal with customer service domestically...could that possibly make any sense?:think:😑

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have a terrible storm coming. I will probably be saving phone charge in case things go out. Take care everyone. Please trees , don’t get tired and lay down! :heartshape:
It sounds like you're getting the storm we had yesterday and, yes, I charged my phone as soon as I heard the emergency alert sirens. When I turned on the news this morning I heard a tornado touched down in one of the suburbs and took the roof off some of the apartment buildings. :frown: Luckily we only had branches down but not trees and hope the same is true for the cats and you. :hugs:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Stay safe. Hopefully, this storm will pass by quickly with very little damage.
Glad you got a chuckle over the cute kitten video. Stories like that warm my heart❤
neely neely So glad to hear that your area was spared from the tornados and floods. Some downed branches is much better than down trees. Hurricane Sandy did a lot of damage in the NY/NJ region; but the remenents of Hurricane Ida last year came with record breaking rain accumulations. In no time almost all of my basement got badly flooded. I never seen anything like it and hope to never see that again. Glad you weren't affected by that storm system either Lari Lari .
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I hope so too, otherwise it would be bad for the kittens. I think he should work with rescuers who know what they are doing. Vet references are crucial. Also, checking animal abuse registries. Some states have them, otherwise do a criminal backround. Just those few things and a adoption fee may keep the sickies away.

Well, hope everyone is well. Take care.😀

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.