My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Well, I hope your dental situation has improved--no more pain! TG there is a good dental program where you live. That makes a world of difference.

Love the pics of Mountain Bear, Paw Purr and the other kitty getting brushed. Way to cute!!! Glad you like the kitty pic I posted the other day. Here is a video I stumbled upon on you tube that had me in stitches. "Dog steals Grandpa's dentures". Wow!!! What mega watt smile this dog has!!! :lol::lol2::crackup:Way too funny!

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.🙂

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, in enlarging one of the flower beds, I did unearth a 1937 Mercury dime, but that's it for 'treasure'. I also have found a couple of old spoons, but they were silverplate, with most of the plate gone. As for attic or basement; sorry, but those cupboards were bare.
Finding stuff is great. I LOVE JCatbird’s suggestion we all leave behind little time capsules. Maybe “cat capsules,” letters from our cats? I redid an old floor once, and found a newspaper w/ the front page headlines: “Hitler invades Poland,” & a penny from the same date. Hopefully going forward, any hidden gems left under floorboards will be optimistic messages of peace. I have just read an ancient letter from my grandmother, which says she hid a bunch of love letters in an attic in Michigan, but I can’t find out if the house is still standing! The local history museum is permanently shut!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finding stuff is great. I LOVE JCatbird’s suggestion we all leave behind little time capsules. Maybe “cat capsules,” letters from our cats? I redid an old floor once, and found a newspaper w/ the front page headlines: “Hitler invades Poland,” & a penny from the same date. Hopefully going forward, any hidden gems left under floorboards will be optimistic messages of peace. I have just read an ancient letter from my grandmother, which says she hid a bunch of love letters in an attic in Michigan, but I can’t find out if the house is still standing! The local history museum is permanently shut!
Google Earth should show you.
I love everything from the past -- archaeology, paleontology, Egyptology and all the other "ologies" about people, animals, the earth, and civilizations. Endlessly fascinating. I have a fair amount of ephemera from ancestors including a crumbling newspaper with Pearl Harbor on the front page, and another with JFK assassination. Old cookbooks, lots of letters and postcards, and these:

😑
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2367 (1).JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2368 (1).JPG

So helpful in the event!😑
Plus a WWII ration book and navy bellbottoms and sweater from that time. I love this stuff!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shortly after Michele and me were married, we went to a smallish town where I attended college. On the property where we were living, there was a small barn, and in exploring it one day, I found a 1927 advertisement for 'The New Elcar', an automobile line that died in the 30s, but the company survives. Also, I found a local newspaper from early 1942- that I donated to the local historical group. Further poking around turned up a Nazi dagger lying on a ledge, and a 37mm flare gun, also from WWII, but this was Coast Guard issue, and on the inside of one of the grips someone had written 'USS Bibb CGC818', so I know where it came from. That, I still have.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Layers! I have found that before. Maybe that seals in anything you don’t want! Another layer maybe?
Any scent can be overpowering if there is a lot of it. I can remember taking orchids OUT of the house for that very reason! Too much of a good thing! Lol
Brushing. Lol I could make a blanket now! I could make another cat out of this much fur! I wonder if a Sphinx cat somewhere would like a fur coat for next winter? Cat wool! It would be a cost of many colors! Lol Happy week to you and Ruby too!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Having everyone in the same location is a big plus as far as I am concerned! That’s great that you only have to get to one place. Kind of an eye opening pairing. Lol
Elvis leaves you fuzzies! :lol: Gifts! The neat thing is that he makes the gifts himself. Very thoughtful of him. These cats don’t leave fuzzies. They leave fuzz monsters! Even Purry contributes. Some contribute more than others but the fuzz monster is a regular around here.
You and I share a love for the ,”ologies”. I have my share of artifacts. To me, that is hunting for treasure. I’ll have to dig out some old things to post. Ummm. Yes. The handbook would be very helpful. :ohwell: Interesting though! I remember being taught at school to get under my desk. Yeah.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That is soooo funny! Terrier teeth! I understand that when the man finally got them back, he had a strong craving to start chewing on bedroom slippers. He has a talent for catching a ball in his mouth now too!:lol:
The other kitty that was getting brushed is Blue. Dad to Mountain Bear and Kodiak. Devoted husband to Goldilocks. He is the only monogamous Tom cat I have known. Very special kitty. Hoping things are good there. Prayers continue.

Margot Lane Margot Lane Uh oh. Banjo thinks every cat should put something in the cat capsule. Her choice is pictures of herself! Lol Naturally! Whistle thinks it should be catnip. Both of those are okay but Kodiak suggested a can of the cat food she doesn’t like. That might not age well. Could be worse. She could have suggested a bug! Letters would be great. It would be so cool if you could find the letters from your grandmother! When I was just starting my first paying job I left a small US savings bond behind an old mantel piece. Lol I wonder if it will still be good if it is ever found? It was bought under my name so if it is found, I hope the person can cash it in and use it to some very good purpose. If they are like me, I would be intrigued and try to figure out who the person was that left it there. I love little mysteries like that. I found cool things in that yard that old place can still hold treasure. Lol

Banjo says she is a great mystery. She took a selfie for us to put in a wall!
00B8F94B-1422-4581-9D64-E219322BB94D.jpeg

N NY cat man Old barns are great places to look! You found some interesting things! The dagger and flare gun are really pieces of history. The Elcar?
I looked that up and found a lot of neat stuff! I wonder if an Elcar ever lived in that barn?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little more brushing for smiles? Beware fuzz monster!

Prints! Can I remove fuzz to prevent fuzz monsters?

There are monsters?
AED50490-9E32-4B3F-9399-B04A4884FC97.jpeg

It feels so good getting rid of misters!
1C1DB69A-039A-4B26-A3BC-DDCD948348C5.jpeg

Hey Flowers! I’ll tell you hooman, I don’t believe in monsters! You can brush me though.
BF5EB7DD-1ECF-4484-A441-64FCC6F07FAB.jpeg

Flowers. Thrasher is trying to tell you that something is under your chair!
What?!?!?!?!
AE4DF545-2C05-4584-B474-A17C404E1E63.jpeg

I see a lot of fuzz from the brush.
E2941C8A-65C2-4F7D-BF95-8327BC919373.jpeg

It’s going under my chair!
00717F04-2E69-42D2-A59F-4916984296F5.jpeg

The fuzz monster is real! It’s moving!
6C4BA486-4143-451D-A52E-4E219DC1D16A.jpeg

Attack!!!!!
EC5AE396-CEE9-4974-9BCD-318C84DC3CDB.jpeg

No worries Flowers. I am here to rescue you and I have destroyed the fuzz monster!
93F976D7-9DE7-4BC4-82F2-25CFBEDE4473.jpeg

I am Kodiak the Great!
1DBEF8FD-5331-4AAF-81AD-D21703697E39.jpeg

Lol Banjo isn’t the only drama cat around here!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love everything from the past
Well, that explains why we get along! Oh, and I vividly remember the old CONELRAD system! Not only that, but I grew up in Florida, during the Cuban Missile Crisis, we did (totally useless) drills every week in school. We were located between Tyndall AFB and Eglin and Hurlbert AFBs, and all of those would have been first strike targets at that time. It wasn't unusual to hear a kid say, "I wanna be a fireman if I grow up!"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Graham is absolutely gorgeous! A silvery beauty.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Your post reminds me that I have paperwork on my parents buying stock in a bowling alley. Yes, seriously. My dad was able to buy our little house, less than 1,000 sq. ft. for 3 people and 2 cats, on the GI Bill and it was in a subdivision of L.A. that was just being built. (Take 5 steps from the front door and you're at the back door!) So they did that. I also have a map of the area dating to that time. Ephemera, to be sure! I won't tell what they sold it for--people would laugh! or maybe choke on their coffee. Ditto on the price they bought this house for, too. It's obscene how prices go up in relatively short time.
That's quite a good collection of "cat wool" to start a Sphynx sweater, you all! :crackup:
LOLd about your comments re: the dog dentures. That would be something to see, wouldn't it?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shortly after Michele and me were married, we went to a smallish town where I attended college. On the property where we were living, there was a small barn, and in exploring it one day, I found a 1927 advertisement for 'The New Elcar', an automobile line that died in the 30s, but the company survives. Also, I found a local newspaper from early 1942- that I donated to the local historical group. Further poking around turned up a Nazi dagger lying on a ledge, and a 37mm flare gun, also from WWII, but this was Coast Guard issue, and on the inside of one of the grips someone had written 'USS Bibb CGC818', so I know where it came from. That, I still have.
I have a Nazi bayonet. I've asked and not gotten any info as to where it came from or how it came to be here. I also have a weird sword. Ditto on that. It looks to be American and ceremonial only. It's not sharp. But the bayonet is. It has a leather sheath. It's very scary.
I've never heard of the Elcar! I have heard of the Edsel, de Soto, and several other cars of the era including the Duesenberg.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Nazi bayonet. I've asked and not gotten any info as to where it came from or how it came to be here. I also have a weird sword. Ditto on that. It looks to be American and ceremonial only. It's not sharp. But the bayonet is. It has a leather sheath. It's very scary.
I've never heard of the Elcar! I have heard of the Edsel, de Soto, and several other cars of the era including the Duesenberg.
The Elcar was based in Elkhart, Indiana, hence it's name. The last I looked, the company was still in business, only they were making travel trailers.
What I found, and later gave away, was a German dagger, as there was no provision for attaching it to a rifle. I don't recall everything about it, but it had a kind of fancy grip and pommel, and it had the eagle and swastika Waffenamt, the Nazi-era military acceptance mark. Maybe it was a mark of rank for some officer, and found it's way here as some GI's war souvenir. I also once had a Japanese bayonet, brought back by a guy who got it during the invasion of Okinawa, but that's a story for another time.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Elcar was based in Elkhart, Indiana, hence it's name. The last I looked, the company was still in business, only they were making travel trailers.
What I found, and later gave away, was a German dagger, as there was no provision for attaching it to a rifle. I don't recall everything about it, but it had a kind of fancy grip and pommel, and it had the eagle and swastika Waffenamt, the Nazi-era military acceptance mark. Maybe it was a mark of rank for some officer, and found it's way here as some GI's war souvenir. I also once had a Japanese bayonet, brought back by a guy who got it during the invasion of Okinawa, but that's a story for another time.
Yeah. Weapons scare me. Or should I say, I have a healthy respect for them and prefer to stay away from them. If I could get rid of these things to a proper entity, I would. But they don't take up a lot of space and they're in safe locations.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Weapons scare me. Or should I say, I have a healthy respect for them and prefer to stay away from them. If I could get rid of these things to a proper entity, I would. But they don't take up a lot of space and they're in safe locations.
It is right to have a healthy respect for weapons- it means you are less likely to do foolish things with them.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yep! I remember those drills! I was near military bases at risk too. Fortunately I didn’t really get all that was going on but the drills were taken very seriously back then.

I would like to be a fireman if I grow up. Also an astronaut, an archeologist, a vet, a pilot and an etc., etc., etc.;)

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Graham! :lol: You are so adorable! I think you collapse to get more and more snuggles. Poor mom! Don’t scare her. I love your beautiful fur and cute little ears. Pretty golden eyes too. Very cute pictures. She looks like her fur is super soft. I could snuggle that fluff baby. Kitties are so smart! I laughed.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Your Dad was a very smart man. He invested wisely. I know my Dad and his mother before him have been shocked at house prices. Me too! My first house was five acres and a very small house for a very small (comparatively ) small price. Less than the cost of a new car now! It’s hard to believe car prices now too! Sticker shock!
Unh. Bayonets. If you had to use that for defense, it was a desperate situation. Sharp for a reason! The sword is not sharp? Maybe it was for decorative or ceremonial purposes then. I think some are a beautiful piece of workmanship. There is an art to making some blades. I would be interested in knowing how to make one but forging is way beyond my skill set!
I had not heard of an Elcar either but looked it up. The company has a very interesting history.

N NY cat man I found some Nazi emblem pins in my Grandparents things. I have them to a museum. I don’t know their story either. I really did not want them around. I did keep an arm band my Dad had as a kid. He taught people to be spotters for aircraft. Apparently he was quite good at recognizing all aircraft. I also found a pencil that someone had carved the words, “D-day” into the wood of the pencil along with the date. Someone in the family saved military buttons from uniforms that were from several time periods. I also had a military medic kit. From WW2 thst I gave to a museum. It still had a small bottle of controlled substance in it! Another thing I thought would be better somewhere else! Lol The museum was very pleased to get that. Hmmm. Maybe I should have given that to some other place? It was a different time when I found that though. It was kind of neat that the kit was fully intact. My Grandmother was nearly 100 and her Dad lived nearly as long so a lot of stuff accumulated in their house. I think previous generations were all pack rats! Thank goodness the museums were happy to get a lot of stuff! I love learning the history of so many items and was glad to pass them on. I think we need to remember history so we don’t repeat it. We can learn a lot from the things left behind.

I read the history of Elcar. Yes! I saw that about the trailers too. The company evolved as time passed. I believe it was a buggy company first? There are lots of museums around here and one is old cars. I do not remember seeing an Elcar but I did see some on YouTube. YouTube seems to have everything! Lol

I totally agree that a healthy respect for weapons is a good thing!! Too many people use them carelessly. I was taught to respect any and all weapons. Safety first. I don’t have any bayonets or Japanese swords but I do have some old sheath knives and pocket knives that were passed down. I respect those too and keep them in a locked display case.
Do you remember the days when you could get tiny pocket knives out of bubble gum machines?! That would probably never happen now!! Lol!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile post? I temoved
What do cats do after a nice, relaxing brushing?
They find a nice soft spot and pass out.
EEEA0513-D4D7-44CC-9BEB-078A3169ACCD.jpeg

Completely! Lol
D377704D-2209-4D72-AA6B-48E639122F75.jpeg

The hooman soft spot must remain in place for the duration of the nap.,
DAA635BB-6DBA-4FF4-9472-296F0237DB50.jpeg

Even Kodiak the great needs recovery time after slaying the monster. Everyone must rest.
24264CA7-75C8-4FDF-B76E-FAE514F4B519.jpeg

Well…..
B55C7CA4-2938-4D1C-BC8C-AA0FE99BC08B.jpeg

One might insist on some more brushing. Lol Dolly has always loved being brushed. The first time I got to touch him, it was with a brush. More brushing for Dolly coming!
9D976D33-E841-49C1-AD8F-243C86CE8520.jpeg

The others were all sleeping.
F90C75F4-0CDE-405A-94FF-8CFE2ACD43CB.jpeg

Not even a whisker moved when I took her picture.
EA43D173-99A0-40F6-87B0-A7D2C1B7A7A2.jpeg

Whoops! I guess I loved. Did I wake you Banjo?

Me? I wasn’t sleeping!
CABAA1D6-D8D9-48DA-80A2-84C716D0224B.jpeg

Ahhhhhh. I’m not tired.
244BE381-6042-4939-8168-364A86F6B81D.jpeg

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Banjo? Are you asleep?!
B707D8AB-5186-4BE9-98B4-2C56A8C674DA.jpeg

Who?!?!? Not sleeping! I am totally awake!
96FBB406-6DCD-413F-92E6-54FAFC46DFA7.jpeg

Not nodding off!
C1529B68-0500-4C3D-9BAF-DFFA51D757F1.jpeg

Wide eyed….
7FC8976A-35EE-4CBA-AC70-569631645311.jpeg

Staying awake…..
B68A4BAD-94FF-454E-A8CA-1C332B86DEE5.jpeg

Ahhhhhhhh. Ready for anything!
CB8F27DB-3594-47F5-BB5E-7E7483F01752.jpeg

Not sleeping……..zzzzzzzzz.
E13F53A5-23A3-41DE-A264-48464A10BE8C.jpeg

Hey hooman. Maybe you had a good idea. I am thinking about starting a little nap. Do you think you could sit here for a few minutes?
69431F0E-9A6F-47D4-B37F-BEAEB95CC5A5.jpeg

Two hours later…… still here! :lol: Time for bed everyone. Have a great night!:heartshape:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Graham! :lol: You are so adorable! I think you collapse to get more and more snuggles. Poor mom! Don’t scare her. I love your beautiful fur and cute little ears. Pretty golden eyes too. Very cute pictures. She looks like her fur is super soft. I could snuggle that fluff baby. Kitties are so smart! I laughed.
Yes she is adorable and very funny. There is no dull day with Graham. Either I chase her because she did something naughty (like terrorizing the budgies), or she yells at me for the late meals.

Thanks also for the pics. They indeed make me smile.

Graham is absolutely gorgeous! A silvery beauty.
A big THANK YOU.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smile post? I temoved
What do cats do after a nice, relaxing brushing?
They find a nice soft spot and pass out.
View attachment 422586
Completely! Lol
View attachment 422587
The hooman soft spot must remain in place for the duration of the nap.,
View attachment 422588
Even Kodiak the great needs recovery time after slaying the monster. Everyone must rest.
View attachment 422589
Well…..
View attachment 422590
One might insist on some more brushing. Lol Dolly has always loved being brushed. The first time I got to touch him, it was with a brush. More brushing for Dolly coming!
View attachment 422591
The others were all sleeping.
View attachment 422592
Not even a whisker moved when I took her picture.
View attachment 422593
Whoops! I guess I loved. Did I wake you Banjo?

Me? I wasn’t sleeping!
View attachment 422594
Ahhhhhh. I’m not tired.
View attachment 422595
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Banjo? Are you asleep?!
View attachment 422596
Who?!?!? Not sleeping! I am totally awake!
View attachment 422597
Not nodding off!
View attachment 422598
Wide eyed….
View attachment 422599
Staying awake…..
View attachment 422600
Ahhhhhhhh. Ready for anything!
View attachment 422601
Not sleeping……..zzzzzzzzz.
View attachment 422602
Hey hooman. Maybe you had a good idea. I am thinking about starting a little nap. Do you think you could sit here for a few minutes?
View attachment 422603
Two hours later…… still here! :lol: Time for bed everyone. Have a great night!:heartshape:
Sleepy cuties! I'm sleepy, too, because my inconsiderate neighbors apparently don't know what "disturbing the peace" means. They're moving out (and I pray what moves in won't be worse!) but they were over there talk, talk, talking late last night. What do people have to say to each other? IDK, but it sure made my day.
Anyway, another day of work!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I’m glad you smiled. I smiled at Graham too! How can we hold back laughter when we see the kitty expressions? Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Noisy neighbors are so infuriating! I have heard all the music at 3 AM I care to hear. Lol Lately it has stopped so I am most grateful. I hope you get nice new neighbors who are sleeping the same hours you sleep. Quiet ones! A mute button would be helpful sometimes. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama It is so good to see Banjo feeling like her usual self. She has been playing and is back to her old tricks again. Lol Maybe she will stay feeling this good.

Hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.