My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Sounds so familiar. But we love our homes! My friends in Ukraine are okay for right now and they are always in my Prayers and the prayers of many. But she misses her home. Her elderly parents built their home and they miss it, too. Even though I am unhappy many times over being unable to do what needs to be done here, I try to keep putting in context the fact that I HAVE a home. So many do not.
Yes, at least we have no shell holes in the walls, nor a smoking crater where our house used to be.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My house is older too, so I can also relate to the unexpected repair costs, and even just finding someone to do the work can be difficult. I needed a plumber a couple months ago, and had to call several before one could fit me in. Unlike Jcatbird Jcatbird , I don't attempt to do plumbing repairs myself. ;)

1649011583050.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not so funny, rubysmama rubysmama as I'm sure you know and a lot of plumbers and other contractors will price gouge women because they think they can. I was so fortunate to find contractors that are honest so they are the ones I always use. My roomie can do a little plumbing which saves us $$$.
N NY cat man Truer words never typed. You do not want to see what has come out today in the news. If you have, then you know.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not so funny, rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama as I'm sure you know and a lot of plumbers and other contractors will price gouge women because they think they can. I was so fortunate to find contractors that are honest so they are the ones I always use. My roomie can do a little plumbing which saves us $$$.
You're absolutely right, in that we have to trust the people we hire to do repairs. Hopefully the guy I had was trust worthy.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the subject of how expensive home maintenance can be came up- does anyone remember this gem of a movie from the 80's? A home owner worst nightmare!!!😱 Over the top comedy, but pretty funny. All I can say is get a good home inspector before you go through with buying a home and beware of the cost of maintaining the home. My friend learned that lesson the hard way. She chalked it up to being young and niave. It was a very expensive mistake.

Jcatbird Jcatbird I am sure Banjo will do well with whatever treatment the vet puts her on. She's a tough cookie, I can see that. Still 🙏. 🙂

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the subject of how expensive home maintenance can be came up- does anyone remember this gem of a movie from the 80's? A home owner worst nightmare!!!😱 Over the top comedy, but pretty funny. All I can say is get a good home inspector before you go through with buying a home and beware of the cost of maintaining the home. My friend learned that lesson the hard way. She chalked it up to being young and niave. It was a very expensive mistake.

Jcatbird Jcatbird I am sure Banjo will do well with whatever treatment the vet puts her on. She's a tough cookie, I can see that. Still 🙏. 🙂
Oh yes! I love The Money Pit!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Haven't seen it -- not a fan of comedy. Yes, if you have the money to get an inspection but not everyone does.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Idk, I don't think I would forgo hiring a House Inspector. I know someone who was set on buying a house, but hired a HI to be on the safe side and it was a good thing she did because their was a lot wrong with the house from the plumbing system to heating system, inc. It would have been a real money pit if she bought it. I look at HI as being too necessary to pass up. Unless you have a trained eye, there are things that you may not even notice. Better to be safe than sorry imo.🙂
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 It is a hilarious movie. It is one of those movie that when you are having a bad day, you watch it and feel better about your problems.

Thanks for posting the cute dog inspirational instragram post. That's very sweet. ❤

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote tabbytom tabbytom neely neely Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Margot Lane Margot Lane M maggiedemi tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 rubysmama rubysmama Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Lari Lari gilmargl gilmargl and all others who have tapped in or posted, thank you and love all the input. I am either laughing, sharing hugs, sympathizing, sending love or working on maintaining my house and all that goes with it. One thing in particular…., pipes. Lol Fortunately I don’t have to repair bagpipes because I would not know where to begin! I think every house can sort of become a money pit! It never ends.
Then…. there is regular stuff like cleaning! Lol I have been mopping, sweeping, doing yard work, laundry, washing dishes, taking care of kitties and taking care of me. Just a normal day but a long one. I had to get a bit ahead because the upcoming week will be busy. …Oh. So was this past one, and the one before, and before.:lol:
Okay, excuses done. I actually watched part of a TV show today! I could not resist because Banjo was in my lap. ;)

We had poop today! The lactulose seems to be helping. Yes!

I discovered a whole new crop of baby frogs today too!:yess:

Anyone care for a smile?

I need a human bed.
7136E7BB-915E-42DD-A9A7-8D0F4504EF03.jpeg

Get comfortable. We’ll be here awhile.
74C670E3-BD37-48EA-B699-AFB3CD0F0375.jpeg

That’s not quite where your hand should be.
FB7E2FA3-933C-4583-9058-395C6FF835C7.jpeg

Much better!
120A9718-2C81-4DD3-B47B-47B1D10C5410.jpeg

When you do it right, it makes the toes on my back foot stretch out. Lol
F71A0A3D-07D7-4FB5-8DCB-8EEFE6142C02.jpeg

Snore……
9B735A8E-D9FD-4122-8620-576741527486.jpeg

This is a nice to hold on to.
B7E24C53-8CB1-4165-94B9-AB792C6D5598.jpeg

Who needs TV when they have me?
940B3C1B-9A5E-4FD6-B697-AACF51682B48.jpeg

:heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My navrattan korma is (in)famous. Warning: Don't ever try onion kulcha. If you do, I am not to blame.
That all sounds fabulous!!!

In CA you are forced to carry "health care" insurance, which I never use,
It's a tragedy, how much healthcare costs...

feeling better. May that continue and may you thrive!
Love how this sounds!

It's weird how some people will only eat their own culture's foods when, to me, food is food and as long as I am able to have it and it doesn't have ingredients I don't like, I am willing to try it.
Same here, I love trying exotic foods...

There is so much desperation in these times, with almost all being in the hands of very few, and so many having next to nothing. NOT a good prescription for a healthy society.
Yes! Wish everyone could share everything.

It is one of those movie that when you are having a bad day, you watch it and feel better about your problems.
Won't work for me. No problem is worse than living with my mother.

I actually watched part of a TV show today! I could not resist because Banjo was in my lap.
Seems I never have time to watch TV & movies anymore.

laundry, washing dishes, taking care of kitties
Wish you lived here, well not here exactly, but in town. I would gladly do all that for you.

Awww, much better than TV.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote tabbytom tabbytom neely neely Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Margot Lane Margot Lane M maggiedemi tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 rubysmama rubysmama Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Lari Lari gilmargl gilmargl and all others who have tapped in or posted, thank you and love all the input. I am either laughing, sharing hugs, sympathizing, sending love or working on maintaining my house and all that goes with it. One thing in particular…., pipes. Lol Fortunately I don’t have to repair bagpipes because I would not know where to begin! I think every house can sort of become a money pit! It never ends.
Then…. there is regular stuff like cleaning! Lol I have been mopping, sweeping, doing yard work, laundry, washing dishes, taking care of kitties and taking care of me. Just a normal day but a long one. I had to get a bit ahead because the upcoming week will be busy. …Oh. So was this past one, and the one before, and before.:lol:
Okay, excuses done. I actually watched part of a TV show today! I could not resist because Banjo was in my lap. ;)

We had poop today! The lactulose seems to be helping. Yes!

I discovered a whole new crop of baby frogs today too!:yess:

Anyone care for a smile?

I need a human bed.
View attachment 415880
Get comfortable. We’ll be here awhile.
View attachment 415882
That’s not quite where your hand should be.
View attachment 415883
Much better!
View attachment 415884
When you do it right, it makes the toes on my back foot stretch out. Lol
View attachment 415885
Snore……
View attachment 415886
This is a nice to hold on to.
View attachment 415887
View attachment 415881
:heartshape:
Indeed, sweet Banjo! And yes, when the hooman does it right, the little cat-toes stretch out in pleasure! That is the reward the hoom gets. :hearthrob: :cloud9:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fortunately I don’t have to repair bagpipes because I would not know where to begin!
I've found that starting with the piper is the best place to begin, and a mouthful of peanut butter usually works very well.

Three cheers for the poop fairy!
She says, "THANK YOU! For Banjo, ANYTHING!"
0PoopFairy.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know you arrived home safely. I can't imagine how excited you must feel to be reunited with your family and furry crew. 🐾 Enjoy your special time with them.
So glad you are home, Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Maria Bayote and enjoying your time with your family!
Thank you so much. Hugs.

Are you working overseas? When will you go back for good, or will you?
Yes, I have been working overseas for years, and get to visit my family once a year only. However, since the start of the pandemic I never got the chance to come home. I still have mortgage so no plans to settle at home for good. :)
The pandemic has caused a lot of people to also lost their jobs, and I am still grateful that me and my husband still have ours. 😌

Status
Not open for further replies.