My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Soooo,maybe what works to keep cats from clawing furniture would work on your door? Double sided tape! Sticky knocks might stop., :lol:

N NY cat man I like the quiet of the boonies as long as it remains. Right now it is evolving into something different. I grew up with dirt roads, being stuck in place due to inclement weather one sort of another. I kind of enjoy being the only hooman out at times and no traffic. No one here can drive in snow! It’s a time when I can own the road. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know the world is having changes. I think many are super stressed.I try to just sit back and wait for the next round of changes. I hope the next generation will be able take a bright direction. My nephew appreciates the Japanese culture too. He has since he was a little fellow.

rubysmama rubysmama There are clues to the I’d of each cat but you have to be able to see them. Some are subtle. You are right on about them looking a lot alike in some cases. Kodiak and Mountain could almost be twins. Whistle looks like both parents. Lol Mitsy and her sisters were very much marked the same except the markings were on opposite sides of their faces. If anyone can really remember every cat, it would amaze me. Sometimes I do a double take.:lol::lol: Purrsonalities are all very different though. Meows too. Whistle sounds like no other. Lol

Hmmm. My phone died last night. I was about to do our smile post too! Lol well, I’ll do it now since I have some things that require attention here.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Soooo,maybe what works to keep cats from clawing furniture would work on your door? Double sided tape! Sticky knocks might stop., :lol:

N NY cat man I like the quiet of the boonies as long as it remains. Right now it is evolving into something different. I grew up with dirt roads, being stuck in place due to inclement weather one sort of another. I kind of enjoy being the only hooman out at times and no traffic. No one here can drive in snow! It’s a time when I can own the road. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know the world is having changes. I think many are super stressed.I try to just sit back and wait for the next round of changes. I hope the next generation will be able take a bright direction. My nephew appreciates the Japanese culture too. He has since he was a little fellow.

rubysmama rubysmama There are clues to the I’d of each cat but you have to be able to see them. Some are subtle. You are right on about them looking a lot alike in some cases. Kodiak and Mountain could almost be twins. Whistle looks like both parents. Lol Mitsy and her sisters were very much marked the same except the markings were on opposite sides of their faces. If anyone can really remember every cat, it would amaze me. Sometimes I do a double take.:lol::lol: Purrsonalities are all very different though. Meows too. Whistle sounds like no other. Lol

Hmmm. My phone died last night. I was about to do our smile post too! Lol well, I’ll do it now since I have some things that require attention here.
Oh, how I miss having space between us and others, no building taller than two stories, and more animals (by far) than people! BIG skies, endless clouds, dawns and sunsets, natural sounds and true beauty! Four seasons! Still homesick for the Mojave after 14 years away. I watched a doc about Santa Fe last night and was so moved by its beauty. Remembering my trip to Utah, and looking at lots of things about Wyoming, which are extremely sad and disturbing in and of themselves, but the beauty of the land is unbelievable.
You just got that phone, didn't you? Hoping you just mean it ran out of juice.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! That is hilarious! If only I could have the Clowder together on a tree like that for a furmily portrait! I laughed so hard! Precious picture!!
If anyone missed the link…..
Oh, but it would be the perfect Christmas card pic if you could get the whole gang on the jumbo cat tree.:bicolorcat::blackcat2::silver::vancat::whitecat::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: Honestly, I don't know how the owner of these kitties in the pic managed to get the kitties to stay in place long enough for a pic to beI taking. The picture is hilarious. I am glad it put a smile on your face. Here is another one for the funny bone. :lol: That's me with the outdoor kitties I feed right now. I am getting mobbed. Oh well, no cat goes hungry on my block.🙂
x5bmp.jpg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The only thing about driving in snow is you have to watch out for the Ditch Monster, lying in wait to snare the unwary soul.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, how about a little facial recognition? Lol The kitties love the lattice panels I put up in the hall. They can see each other, visit and still keep their security. I guess it’s a little like being in a garden with fencing.

Hey Blue! I wish we could see that Blue eye in this photo. At least you have the right end facing us! Lol
AFC2A75A-E81A-4EEA-9877-BC585246F810.jpeg

Heh! Blue with pink nose, Goldilocks and Mountain Bear right beside him. Goldi is a very golden tabby.
8B1D54CB-B334-495F-8ADB-E1E67C676855.jpeg

Mountain always has cute expressions. He really is hard to tell apart from his sister, Kodiak though. He tends to talk a lot. If I ask ,” Mountain?” he replies, “ What?!?!?”

Hey Dad, we’re being watched.
DCA64E75-B94A-46A4-8494-CA6AD323A56F.jpeg

I think we’re being framed!
C975B270-EBAA-4D3B-9925-37FF320479BF.jpeg

Callie is easy to recognize. She is the only shorthair calico. And she has a big pink tongue! Lol
1195D9E0-408F-4ECB-9408-A18D09DBCF1A.jpeg

Are you coming out of the lattice garden?
D8001364-02EF-4922-A9E1-97BD12F7D1C2.jpeg

I am trying to blend in. No flash please.
3D6C97ED-FD5C-49C1-9C15-D66A23801D2E.jpeg

I am pretending to be a garden statue.
8DD353EA-6591-479A-B98D-E56E22A7AE13.jpeg

Ahhhh, that’s a little close for facial recognition!
F6A5586E-67CE-471B-AF05-115099835ACF.jpeg

Well, everyone usually sees me laying belly up. I thought I would show how my eyes are shaped. Of course my sides are well marked with Prints!
F33E700D-7474-40EE-A640-5ACBC0EE9533.jpeg

This is my lattice Prints!
62707168-B80D-4C3E-B723-70B6038BAA79.jpeg

I have marked it with cat rubs.
ED0F8A9B-98EA-491E-9FAE-5F2DE3C3FFBE.jpeg

Whoa!!! There are Bears in there!!
A781DF26-C235-43F8-BD5A-4167C9852FEF.jpeg

They do know they must respect me, right?
F14FA727-6537-4E13-9BAE-11F4553FFDA5.jpeg

I have a star on my forehead because I am special. I am THE Mama! Make sure the Bears know that.
4CDF1C43-B4A9-4AED-82B7-B0B49FD1E202.jpeg

Mama has those lovely green eyes and lots of light brown on her face. I guess I would need to line all the tabbies,tabbicos etc. up to really show the differences. Lol
Going to need a bit of cat magic to accomplish that one! My mug shots and line ups usually end up like these. Lol I can actually tell who is who by the outline.
From left to right, Smokey, Kodiak, Whistle, Banjo snd Bonjour.
18B5ED92-6A52-4413-A510-FE8F9796843F.jpeg

Thrasher, BJ, Banjo, Bounjour, Lady and Kodiak.
1BA464B0-1E0B-414B-B6C3-EEAACE2BE33B.jpeg

I got lucky on these silhouettes and the little bit of light illuminating colors.. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know exactly what you mean about missing peace and land and skies. Me too. I wish I could return to the outlying islands. Only accessible by boat. Not another human to make a sound and absolute pristine beauty. Also, the acres in the farm territory. Hundreds of acres of rolling grasslands. The wind made the grass move like waves. A kite would soar so high you could barely see it. Not to ignore the woodlands where you could walk for miles undisturbed except for rippling creeks and woodland creatures. It does still exist, if only to be visited in our minds.
Yes on the phone. It has had some glitches and should not have run out of juice but it did. It recharged though. In fact, it just started getting hot again. Something is running on it that is not something I control. I have gotten a few messages from Apple. One is that they are “giving” me free iCloud. Yeah, right. Another is an updated agreement on iCloud that many are finding problematic and in some countries , I saw online that it is being called unlawful.:dunno: My “free” iCloud is shut down until I agree. It is paid well in advance though. Lol
The last thing I spotted is that a tech wants to do a diagnostics on it. :runaround:It is nearly fully charged now but the back is verrry warm. I love Apples. Crisp, fruity but sometimes they ferment. Lol They can be used to demonstrat the gravity of things too.:lol: Maybe I will get everything in Apple pie order soon. This Apple is now getting hot! Going to restart.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Mobbed. Lol I get mobbed every day too. Cat covered feet!
I would love to get a furmily shot. Banjo would want to send out copies to EVERYONE! Lol Of course, there would be one little Froggie in that too.
I love that car!:flail: More cats than here!:clap2: Good thing the kitty decals are see through!
N NY cat man I know that ditch monster! It has relatives here! Slightly further up it is covered in red clay. You can see it but it sucks you right on in. It works like a slip snd slide. Wheeeeee! If it’s dry it can still pull you in with it’s hot, dusty breath. Rocking the car usually breaks you free from the dust ditch though. Nothing frees you from wet clay but a tractor. Sometimes the monster eats the tractor too! My mother once came home in the station wagon but instead of it being blue in color, it was encased entirely in about a foot thick layer of red. It took me all day to free the poor car from the monster saliva. It seems she kept spinning wheels in an attempt to free herself until a local discovered the giant red lump in the ditch. She had even covered the whole roof in clay. :lol: It took a tractor snd a tow truck to rescue her. I don’t think she ever went down that particular road again. She was used to driving in flat lands of sand. Also filled with sand monsters but they don’t cling to the roof, body and all glass!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Soooo,maybe what works to keep cats from clawing furniture would work on your door? Double sided tape! Sticky knocks might stop., :lol:
I guess it's better to stick those spikes stuffs that deter birds from landing :flail:

I have gotten a few messages from Apple. One is that they are “giving” me free iCloud.
Free iCloud? That's great? I was given 50gb free when I renewed the contract for my iPhone. Will decide whether to pay for it when the Year is up.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I believe in having a good work ethic whether you like the particular job or not.
My Dad always told me that I would not get one thing out of a job that I did not put into it...and that what I put into it, good or bad, was what I'd get back. To look for ONE good thing about my job every single day, and work off of that. LOL, I remember when I was working at LabCorp, in the Specimen Processing Department, we were having a HELLISH day. Everything that could go wrong, had gone wrong, most of it twice. I was sitting there, hating life, when a cooler full of fecal parasite samples came in from the Reptile Department at the Tennessee Aquarium, and it came to me...as bad as I was hating that job that day, SOMEWHERE IN THE CITY, someone was being paid to stick a cotton swab up a rattlesnake's butt...and someone ELSE was being paid to HOLD THAT SNAKE'S HEAD! Everything suddenly seemed so much better! From that day forward, no matter what my job was, when things looked bad, I'd think, "Rattlesnakes," then smile and move on!

Yes, I am in the hinterlands of Western NY,
Didn't you, at one time, post some photos from your property, with lovely old stone buildings? I was just entranced. One of my favorite TV shows ever was "Stone House Revival." I dream about stone houses, beautifully restored.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad always told me that I would not get one thing out of a job that I did not put into it...and that what I put into it, good or bad, was what I'd get back. To look for ONE good thing about my job every single day, and work off of that. LOL, I remember when I was working at LabCorp, in the Specimen Processing Department, we were having a HELLISH day. Everything that could go wrong, had gone wrong, most of it twice. I was sitting there, hating life, when a cooler full of fecal parasite samples came in from the Reptile Department at the Tennessee Aquarium, and it came to me...as bad as I was hating that job that day, SOMEWHERE IN THE CITY, someone was being paid to stick a cotton swab up a rattlesnake's butt...and someone ELSE was being paid to HOLD THAT SNAKE'S HEAD! Everything suddenly seemed so much better! From that day forward, no matter what my job was, when things looked bad, I'd think, "Rattlesnakes," then smile and move on!

Didn't you, at one time, post some photos from your property, with lovely old stone buildings? I was just entranced. One of my favorite TV shows ever was "Stone House Revival." I dream about stone houses, beautifully restored.
No, that wasn't me. There is/was a member; Onecatovertheline, who is/was located about 20 miles from me, who did, from Olcott Beach, hard by the shore of Lake Ontario. He hasn't been heard from in quite some time, and whether he left the site or shuffled off the mortal coil is unknown to me.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird such wonderful pix including some of less frequently seen beauties like Goldi!
Your phone should NOT be hot. That could be dangerous. Do you have any way to take it in to the shop? I know, who has the time and energy? but it sounds like something is definitely not right with the phone. And yeah, they're getting more and more squirrelly every day, and more and more dishonest. I used to love tech. Not now.
N NY cat man Not the latter, I pray! and not exactly the former.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Well, it could have been worse -- it could have been human samples, or (dog)!!! The worst of all!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone is still interested - almost a month ago I wrote here about a young cat who turned up at one of our feeding stations. Thank you for your (innovative) suggestions for trapping cats - unfortunately we only caught 2 rats! The elderly cats were so distraught that we were worried they would leave the station so after 2 weeks intensive work (and no more appearances on the camera) we had to stop the project as the traps were needed elsewhere ...... where they were more successful.
I now have a mother cat plus 3 kittens (I estimate three to 4 weeks old) to foster. Thanks to a very observant and determined cat-loving family who managed to keep track and eventually trap all 4 cats they are now safe. They are not feral although mama does a lot of hissing so the chances of them all finding new homes in about 10 weeks time are good.

Here is mama - not very good pictures - they only arrived yesterday. Pictures of the babies - 2 girls and a boy will be posted later. I'll be needing some names! Any suggestions for mama, a young tortoiseshell?
IMG_0649.jpg

On the windowsill, this morning
IMG_0651.jpg

Babies are still in the carrier - Mama's not bothered, just gets on with her job!
IMG_0652.jpg

On the windowsill this evening - having a rest from being mama or looking for the way out?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone is still interested - almost a month ago I wrote here about a young cat who turned up at one of our feeding stations. Thank you for your (innovative) suggestions for trapping cats - unfortunately we only caught 2 rats! The elderly cats were so distraught that we were worried they would leave the station so after 2 weeks intensive work (and no more appearances on the camera) we had to stop the project as the traps were needed elsewhere ...... where they were more successful.
I now have a mother cat plus 3 kittens (I estimate three to 4 weeks old) to foster. Thanks to a very observant and determined cat-loving family who managed to keep track and eventually trap all 4 cats they are now safe. They are not feral although mama does a lot of hissing so the chances of them all finding new homes in about 10 weeks time are good.

Here is mama - not very good pictures - they only arrived yesterday. Pictures of the babies - 2 girls and a boy will be posted later. I'll be needing some names! Any suggestions for mama, a young tortoiseshell?
View attachment 397162
On the windowsill, this morning
View attachment 397163
Babies are still in the carrier - Mama's not bothered, just gets on with her job!
View attachment 397164
On the windowsill this evening - having a rest from being mama or looking for the way out?
Of COURSE we are 'still interested'! *At least, I am!*
She is lovely. How about Lovely?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl Of course we are interested!!!! This is fantastic news! We always want to hear about lives saved. She is beautiful. Thank you for saving her and the babies. Funny you should ask about names. strider rose strider rose started a thread of A to Z cats names as a game. It lists lots of good ideas. I just found that threa. I posted a name for the letter R. Since cats can be a bit of a puzzle, I said ,”Rubik.” That nay be too masculine though. I think the thread would give you lots of ideas. Boris Diamond Boris Diamond posted Synergy which I thought was great and also Quantum. There are lots of names listed there. Tiffany is one that might fit since she has beautiful colors like a Tiffany glass window. IDK since purrsonality is important is naming. I am sure others will be interested too.,:woo::bunnydance::banana1: Here is a link to the names thread.name those kitties a-z

I look forward to hearing more about her, the babies and any other kitties there.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom :flail:I bet they wouldn’t knock hard on bird spikes! No knocks at all! Maybe a sign, “ Beware of sharp nails in my door! Knocking is dangerous!!” would work!! Sometimes a simple suggestion plants a seed that grows in the mind.

Free iCloud is not really going to be free. They want something back. They will try to hook you into paying long term. The new terms threaten to delete your stuff if you don’t follow what they desire. There are other storage places that are less demanding. Even Amazon had a cloud now. For Prime members it is inexpensive. There are many options. They want me because I have sooooo many photos. I have already prepaid for over a year but they stopped some of my apps from working until and unless I agree to new conditions.:dunno:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I love those stone houses too. Very like some cottages I have seen.
N NY cat man is correct. You remember Posts from onecatovertheline. The most recent thing I know is that he is still kicking but his cats , Lance and Peanut have gone over the rainbow.
You made me laugh about the Rattlesnakes!!Ewww but so right, it could have been worse and you could have been the one getting the samples! I’m sure the snakes were grateful that , if they had parasites, they could be treated.

N NY cat man You have an excellent memory!!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The phone should not be hot. I am pretty sure I know the cause. Things are running that drain the battery and I am attempting to pinpoint these things and shut them down. Irritating and invasive. I may have to take the phone in. I can get a tech I know to squash this. if I can’t.

rubysmama rubysmama It is nice to have the elusive kitties feeling more like joining in. They fo love that lattice. I only wish I had thought of using it much earlier. That has been a great confidence builder for the shy kitties. They all come out since I installed the lattice. I kind of like it too. A touch of garden look in the house. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitties are always making me smile. This started earlier today.

BJ was watching me.He didn’t notice Flowers at first. She was watching him! Lol
9997A23B-5024-4CE6-865C-8F8F91DA8095.jpeg

Bj wanted my attention.
65813104-4EF7-4AEF-BA4A-43D74D1588BD.jpeg

I need pets and kisses hooman!
262BCC9F-6C75-496D-AF21-5AA59BFF3F88.jpeg

Now.
0C4815C7-88CC-4F63-8756-499F0F32BB09.jpeg

Bj? You need Flowers kisses!
96944742-920B-4490-8491-D20003E99C08.jpeg

Let me show you.
3298C06D-A33E-413B-9964-DD40C33EF056.jpeg

Oh! That’s not hooman kisses!
FE9032D3-103F-4E39-BBD6-5A3407834417.jpeg

Those are coming from Flowers.
4804C7EE-8521-4B89-A1C4-0E4D72F4998F.jpeg

Hmmmm.
6EDA893A-622F-4957-B545-E29C5A069CD8.jpeg

Well Flowers, I think you’re right.
E7BBB3EC-2E6E-4DE0-AC7F-0A5EB134FE26.jpeg

Those kisses were totally relaxing.
E41B5898-9571-4A5C-8F78-CF4BBD85E96C.jpeg

Apparently BJ really enjoyed that. Just a few minutes ago I caught this. Flowers has her hard buried in BJ belly. Both were sound asleep until I snapped a picture.

Oh, the hooman must be feeling neglected.
8F4D1490-B301-437F-BB26-C15FE87594BE.jpeg

Do you need kisses too hooman? Come on Flowers. We have to relax the hooman.
F3203822-4E48-4047-86C0-C1B805B531A8.jpeg

Such considerate kitties! I have tabby on my pillow now.:lol::silver::silver:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote There you are! I hope all is well there. I have had you on my mind. :hugs:
Thank you, appreciate it.
I am quite fine, just a bit feeling dizzy again these past several days. My BP is acting up again despite the meds. So I am not logging in at TCS as frequent as before.

I pray for your continued safety and good health, for all you guys. And especially for the kitties. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, that wasn't me. There is/was a member; Onecatovertheline, who is/was located about 20 miles from me, who did, from Olcott Beach, hard by the shore of Lake Ontario. He hasn't been heard from in quite some time, and whether he left the site or shuffled off the mortal coil is unknown to me.
You remember Posts from onecatovertheline. The most recent thing I know is that he is still kicking but his cats , Lance and Peanut have gone over the rainbow.
AH. Well, I hate hearing that about his cats. He could be a bit acerbic, but he did have his very funny moments. And he did love his cats. My heart goes out to him for those losses.

Well, it could have been worse -- it could have been human samples, or (dog)!!! The worst of all!
Oh, there were plenty of those. Fecal swabs make no difference in the lab, what they are from. However, thinking about how they are obtained...rattlesnakes is STILL at the top of my list for "I DO NOT WANT THAT JOB!"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Take it easy and take good care of YOU. You know we'll be here. *PRAYERS* for your health and wellbeing!!!
tabbytom tabbytom "With A Vengeance!" :insertevillaugh:
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 He was a great favorite of many here! Beautiful pix, sweet clowder, and INTELLIGENCE for miles. Miss him. Wish he was here.
Jcatbird Jcatbird I knew about Lance but not about Peanut. If you communicate please convey my heartfelt condolences. Hope he and his furmily are doing okay.
Yes, cloud storage, like everything else, costs.
And yes, too many apps sucking too much power can definitely heat up the phone. You can look at tech updates online and find out what to do to tweak your phone to your personal preferences. I do this a lot, especially after "upgrading" to a new version of iOS, such as we just got (15). Basically, you don't want all of your apps updating constantly, only the ones you NEED to have updated, such as Uber or Lyft and anything else that you depend on for essential services.
I fixed the photos problem. It's connected to all of that. Basically, you don't get a choice between storing your photos in iCloud or storing them in your PC's Photos file. It's either/or. I was storing in the Cloud and I shut that down on my phone so I can store them on my PC and share them there, which is what I want. Voila! New pix. No more frustrtion.
The facebook debacle remains, though, and I have read that I'm not alone in having this specific problem AND that it's on them, not on me. They don't respond, in my experience, to individual communications. I've tried going through their fix-it shop to no avail. So, frustration endures, and I'm still not able to get on the site at all, much less work on it.
Ah, BJ. You ARE The Man. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.