My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a question for everyone. Fed ex delivered a package here that is not mine!! For about two weeks I have been calling Fedex and trying to get them to pick up the package and get it to the person who paid for it. They promise to get it and don’t!! I have had to leave my drive open and at risk In order for Fedex to have access. I even protected the package during a torrential rain. I called Fedex to let them know that I also had a neighbor notice the box and remark,” if they delivered it to me, I would have just kept it!” I was horrified at that and worried they would pick it up which would leave me thinking Fedex had gotten it so I took one of my cameras and moved it to guard the package, rather than my house! The address is on the box so I considered taking it there myself. However, this may not be a safe idea. I did ask Fedex if this contained an emergency item like medicine so that if it was, I would take a different view. They tell me that it is not medication. Good because I don’t want that on my porch or want a person going without it. So, if this were on your porch, what would you do next? Put it by the drive entrance? Let it just sit, take the risk and deliver it yourself or keep calling Fedex? Or perhaps others have another idea. I have one option left and that is to call the company that sold it but I doubt that will have a better result than I did with Fedex. I did consider trying to get the post office to put it in the persons PO Box since the number is on the box but I really doubt the post worker would do that since no postage was paid. Maybe if I paid the postage that would work. I have no idea what I would be mailing though. I really don’t want this in my possession. It is not mine! What would you do? It’s probably something really important like a box of salt. :lol:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have a question for everyone. Fed ex delivered a package here that is not mine!!
For such cases, I'll call FedEx and inform them just like you did, leave the package far out away from your house or at the driveway entrance, cover it with plastic sheet to protect it from rain and animals digging into it, place a note with the words 'Return to FedEx, wrong address with the date on it' under the plastic cover and take a photo and send to them and tell them you are not responsible if it's lost or stolen.

It's up to them to come and pick it up. I'll not touch and leave my fingerprints on it as you never know what is in the package.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Fedex store or dropbox near you? I typed Fedex into google maps, and we have an official nearby store, but also places that have it on site, like a Walgreens, and some Fedex drop boxes. If you have any of those in your vicinity, I'd try to take it there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's close, I would take the package to its owner. You could drive by first and case the place out, if it looks like a crack house keep trying FedEx. Most people, like me, would be very grateful. They may have already got a replacement!
You could take it into a FedEx drop-off point like said above, attach a note to it ex[plaining the circumstances.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wanda Heart is all grown up and beautiful!
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but yes, Miss Wanda Heart is a big girl now. And totally beautiful. :lovecat2:

I have heard from M maggiedemi M maggiedemi . She is busy with family right now. She had a birthday early this month.
Thanks for the update. Sorry we missed her birthday.
In case you're lurking, Happy Belated Birthday, M maggiedemi . :bday:

Is that BJ on the right? Can't recall ever seeing him on a bed before.

:doh: We definitely don’t want to be left behind!
:flail::crackup:

tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom Done.
Everyone, please write this person snd encourage them to keep this kitty inside their garage. Quickly!!
Heading there next.

You can’t beat a blanket of cats!
1632914984487.png

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it me, I would call FedEx first, then leave the package on the porch for them to pick up. We haven't had a problem with 'porch pirates'- yet- so it should be all right. Failing that, there is a drop box within a mile of us, an Office Max within 5 miles, and a FedEx office within 10 miles. In no case would I try to take it to the proper address, unless it was to one of our neighbors. Your intentions could be misconstrued, and things could get ugly in a hurry.
At times, I still miss my old Canon FTb 35mm. That camera never failed me, and even if the meter battery died I could still take pictures. The only thing I ever did was to send it in for a periodic cleaning and lubrication. Also, in a pinch it could be used as a weapon. The last I heard, the grandniece I gave it to was still using it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, please encourage this member to help this kitty all the way. I've replied to the thread and also mentioned that Halloween is round the corner, I want this kitty to be safe and saved as the cat is a black kitty.

Thank you guys 😉

found-stray-cat-in-parking-lot.435199
TYSM tabbytom tabbytom . I hadn't seen him before now but I posted asking if the caregiver wants to work up a profile with photo, saying I would be glad to share to twitter. I no longer have access to my fb pages, unfortunately. But I have over 3K followers on twitter and most of them are cat advocates.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a question for everyone. Fed ex delivered a package here that is not mine!! For about two weeks I have been calling Fedex and trying to get them to pick up the package and get it to the person who paid for it. They promise to get it and don’t!! I have had to leave my drive open and at risk In order for Fedex to have access. I even protected the package during a torrential rain. I called Fedex to let them know that I also had a neighbor notice the box and remark,” if they delivered it to me, I would have just kept it!” I was horrified at that and worried they would pick it up which would leave me thinking Fedex had gotten it so I took one of my cameras and moved it to guard the package, rather than my house! The address is on the box so I considered taking it there myself. However, this may not be a safe idea. I did ask Fedex if this contained an emergency item like medicine so that if it was, I would take a different view. They tell me that it is not medication. Good because I don’t want that on my porch or want a person going without it. So, if this were on your porch, what would you do next? Put it by the drive entrance? Let it just sit, take the risk and deliver it yourself or keep calling Fedex? Or perhaps others have another idea. I have one option left and that is to call the company that sold it but I doubt that will have a better result than I did with Fedex. I did consider trying to get the post office to put it in the persons PO Box since the number is on the box but I really doubt the post worker would do that since no postage was paid. Maybe if I paid the postage that would work. I have no idea what I would be mailing though. I really don’t want this in my possession. It is not mine! What would you do? It’s probably something really important like a box of salt. :lol:
I would NOT attempt to deliver it. That is not your responsibility. Yes, I would keep calling Fedex and yes, I would also call the originator. Beyond that, there is nothing you can or should do.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
At times, I still miss my old Canon FTb 35mm. That camera never failed me, and even if the meter battery died I could still take pictures. The only thing I ever did was to send it in for a periodic cleaning and lubrication. Also, in a pinch it could be used as a weapon. The last I heard, the grandniece I gave it to was still using it.
Sometimes ancient is better than modern.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That's TOO cute. I can't even handle it!!!
I absolutely agree about TVs and most other appliances. I'm using my mom's stove -- it's gas, and should last forever! No need to replace it. It's a built-in and I very much doubt if I could even find something else to replace it in that space, as the wall behind it is not even finished with tile or paint and I wouldn't want the work of having to figure out a solution to that problem. Hoping the stove goes on and on! I also have my mom's refrigerator, washer and dryer. I'd never want computerized ones. I want to keep my food cold, wash and dry my clothes. That's it. Stuff that could go wrong with computerized ones -- no thanks! and I don't agree that "smart" homes are smart at all. I don't want electronic control over, and surveillance of, where I live.
Yes, my second ex is a pro photographer and he is always bemoaning his fate at having to deal with digital, as he loves his Nikons. I'm a very amateur fan of my iPhone camera. So it takes all kinds to make a world, yes? I have a little Canon digital that is in the Canon museum now. Haven't used it in awhile but it's nice for my use. Before that I used a little Konica that was also good for me. 35mm.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Yes, it's sometimes a battle to stretch a canvas but IMHO it's well worth it. If you're gonna paint, I think, go all the way from the boards up. I guess I'm like that about art like my ex and tabbytom are about photography. You want to give it your all and be able to take pride in your work and the finished project.
Oh, Big Mackie needs a lot of blanket! He's a LOT of cat!!!
Yes, Happy Birthday to M maggiedemi ! Hoping it was a good celebration for her.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only a person, but a VIP!😉 I Love your Mid week Pawverbs, they always put a smile on my face. 🙂 I will be checking out those threads you mentioned shortly. I hope I could help.

Jcatbird Jcatbird I agree with the others about finding a Fed Ex store or an assigned place where Fed Ex packages could be dropped off. Best of Luck

Happy Belated Birthday M maggiedemi . I hope it was a good one!!! We all miss you here. Looking forward to seeing you again on the site. 🙂

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Not only a person, but a VIP!😉 I Love your Mid week Pawverbs, they always put a smile on my face. 🙂 I will be checking out those threads you mentioned shortly. I hope I could help.
Yes, more than a VIP. My mum says my boy is an Emperor Cat.

Please do encourage the members in that two threads. They need support and so does the kitties ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Thank you! I don’t like the thought of a strange package here either. It was left by my door so, in order to move it away, I did touch it. At first I just thought it was a package that was supposed to come here. I have called FedEx a LOT!! The last time I told them a storm was coming and that I would cover it with plastic. The last time I told them I needed to lock my drive up again and that they must get it because leaving the drive open was leaving me at risk. The promised that it would be picked up last Monday at the latest. Shame on them!

Lari Lari Thank you! There is not a drop box or pick up place within thirty miles of me.,I wish there was! Lol

di and bob di and bob Thank you! I did case the place today. Lol It is a long remote road. I cannot see the house without going down that drive and it has a no trespassing sign. Maybe the FedEx driver was too scared to go there and that’s why they dumped it here!!
I’m not driving far enough yet after my surgery to get to the nearest drop off place.

N NY cat man Thank you! I am leery of going to that house. They might accuse me of being a porch pirate!! They are in the area but it looked too risky to me. If a lost cat was there I would risk it but not for a strange package.:running:No FedEx places near here.

Your Canon would have made a good weapon!!:flail:So true! My Minolta too! Heavy metal. That would leave a dent!! That’s so neat that your niece is using it. Where does she get the film?!?!?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 So sorry your Facebook is down! I have heard from others of problems with Facebook right now.
Thank you! It is frustrating that FedEx is promising to pick this up off my property and not doing it!! I don’t give up easily though. I am going to call the company that sold it but beyond that, just don’t want it here. It’s not mine and it feels wrong to have it here. Some poor person paid for it and may be waiting. It did occur to me that the next time I am expecting a FedEx delivery, I could stand watch for them and insist they deliver it to the right place.:dunno:

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! I think I need some luck with this. Lol

I’ll let everyone know what happens. This may become part of the landscape here!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama That looks a lot like BJ on the bed but it’s Blue. Come to think of it, BJ does not get on the bed! Hmmm. Interesting.
So… you caught my “being left behind” reference. :lol:
Wanda Heart has become a little lady. Lol
Love, love the cartoon! Purrfect cat blanket reference! :flail:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I agree that doing things from the ground up is very satisfying. I actually have a huge roll of canvas. The son of a friend worked for the company that made it and gave it to me as a gift. I didn’t have access to frame material at the time though. I did use some of it to make a banner for his family reunion though. Lol Maybe I will get to stretch some at some point?
Big Mackie looked so cute rolled up in the blanket. He was pretending to be inside a cocoon!

tabbytom tabbytom Another great pawverb! Not only are they a person but the greatest of people and more. I absolutely agree that January is an Emperor. A handsome and loving one.
I did go back and repost to offer encouragement. I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.