My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles are coming from Prints and Allie. What happens when someone opens a whole bag of catnip when the hooman isn’t around?

Prints found the new bag of catnip.
A38351C7-B15A-43B8-9EC6-DFD2473519A1.jpeg

I keep trying to find a room to hide this stuff!
64E9A591-ABC2-40AC-BE5B-CC1C666B1C46.jpeg

Whistle isn’t the only one who goes wild over catnip!
4B857CE3-5256-473E-9EE3-42EE9C8C3488.jpeg

He isn’t the only one who finds it one of the most relaxing things available…… or
0EF2410A-216B-4D88-8FE6-0A42DFFEF9FB.jpeg

The only one who would love to have a bed of pure catnip! Lol
BE8966F0-8399-4887-842A-51AE7F142D5A.jpeg

I cleaned up the majority of it.
305EDB38-6AFB-41F8-AE56-9C31D7C316E9.jpeg

But not before Allie had gotten a large dose.
2F97BE93-2C9A-4318-9540-B4B7B459391C.jpeg

She started to question certain things.
D4DF6692-9845-4ED6-9776-060727A66ADD.jpeg

Like…..
9197231C-8140-4CDE-A74A-6E614930B671.jpeg

Is the giant green bug I am seeing real or did I have a wee too much of the grassy green stuff?
0334331B-AD13-4448-9635-81B35A45B2CE.jpeg

Attachments

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I saw my grandniece was 5 years ago, at my oldest sister's funeral. She was living near Pittsburgh at the time, so I imagine there are plenty of sources for film, unlike here where I would have to drive to Buffalo to find it, or else try to get it online.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The promised that it would be picked up last Monday at the latest. Shame on them!
I had a delivery done end July and someone else's parcel came along. So I called them and told them a parcel that came wasn't mine. They said, ok, pick up will be arranged and till now, end September and they have not come collect it. Yes, shame on them.

I absolutely agree that January is an Emperor.
He was called Emperor Cat by my mom because I drop everything I was doing whenever January called and wants something :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama That looks a lot like BJ on the bed but it’s Blue.
I'm so embarrassed. :paperbag:
Hope I never have to take a clowder identification test, as I think the only ones I wouldn't confuse are Banjo, Muffin and Lady. :catlove:

Our smiles are coming from Prints and Allie.
Notice you didn't say "tonight", when you posted. Hope it was an early morning, not a super late night. :sleepycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allie looks like she might be questioning her role in the universe. I've heard that happens when a cat is high. ;)
Yeah, those people are presumably waiting for those packages and paid for the contents! Very lax of the carrier to have such a bad attitude, but it's like that with UPS continuing to drop my shipments on the front verandah instead of behind the back gate after ??? contacts with them and with Petco...I've given up. It seems society, never great before the pandemic, is falling completely apart. Just a few steps from total anarchy. Oh well! What can we do except the best we can?
Maybe you can get stretcher boards. I KNOW you would have no problem stretching your own canvases. And once you do, you probably won't accept anything else. There's a good feeling knowing your project is 100% handcrafted!
That's interesting that you know others who are having facebook problems. That makes me feel a little better (and at the same time, worse, for them) knowing it's not just me. Wishing I could get it back! I do a lot of work on that platform.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
but it's like that with UPS continuing to drop my shipments on the front verandah instead of behind the back gate after ???
Somewhere, somehow and someone is not taking instructions very well. I often inform the courier whenever I have the option to do so as where to place the parcel and do not knock on the door. But I still get knocks on my door each time they come and it's not gentle knocks but hard knocks that wakes the whole neighborhood :angryfire:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somewhere, somehow and someone is not taking instructions very well. I often inform the courier whenever I have the option to do so as where to place the parcel and do not knock on the door. But I still get knocks on my door each time they come and it's not gentle knocks but hard knocks that wakes the whole neighborhood :angryfire:
Yeah. I mean, how hard can it be to follow instructions? The driver has a handtruck. It's a few more steps each way to go up the driveway, open the gate, and place the boxes, some of which are extremely heavy as they are filled with 1-3 30# tubs of litter, next to the back steps. Every shipping address label of mine says, "LEAVE BEHIND BACK GATE". But no! We're just too lazy, or too uncaring, or possibly too stupid...?!!:fuming::livid:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yeah. I mean, how hard can it be to follow instructions? The driver has a handtruck. It's a few more steps each way to go up the driveway, open the gate, and place the boxes, some of which are extremely heavy as they are filled with 1-3 30# tubs of litter, next to the back steps. Every shipping address label of mine says, "LEAVE BEHIND BACK GATE". But no! We're just too lazy, or too uncaring, or possibly too stupid...?!!:fuming::livid:
Precisely! Then why bother to give options for the deliveries? Now I have a hand written note and left it outside my door telling them to just leave the deliveries there and I still get knocks on the door :rolleyes: :dunno:

Most couriers that come will just leave the parcel when thy see the note and take a photo and send to my mobile and I'll acknowledge the delivery. I even have a webcam at my door.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Precisely! Then why bother to give options for the deliveries? Now I have a hand written note and left it outside my door telling them to just leave the deliveries there and I still get knocks on the door :rolleyes: :dunno:

Most couriers that come will just leave the parcel when thy see the note and take a photo and send to my mobile and I'll acknowledge the delivery. I even have a webcam at my door.
As with just about everything else, our "easier" life is becoming more and more expensive, complicated, difficult, and stress-inducing in fact. Of course, who bothers with facts???:sigh:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As with just about everything else, our "easier" life is becoming more and more expensive, complicated, difficult, and stress-inducing in fact. Of course, who bothers with facts???:sigh:
Bottom line is work attitude. If you don't like the job, don't work in this area. Find something that suits you. If one is given a job to do, do it with pride and with responsibilities and not murmur and complain.

Working with the right attitude even though the job is not really meant for you, not makes your day easier. If you complain the whole day through, nothing will make your day.

Unless you are asked to do something that is not right, then you have the right not to do it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bottom line is work attitude. If you don't like the job, don't work in this area. Find something that suits you. If one is given a job to do, do it with pride and with responsibilities and not murmur and complain.

Working with the right attitude even though the job is not really meant for you, not makes your day easier. If you complain the whole day through, nothing will make your day.

Unless you are asked to do something that is not right, then you have the right not to do it.
My philosophy exactly, but unfortunately, a lot of people don't agree. Getting some deli salads to take home at the grocery store today, I got the same server I had last time. She was once again very sloppy and didn't fill the first container up all the way, so I told her to fill the other one up all the way. She is either tired or careless, or both. It may not be the most fascinating job in the world, but yeah! A lax work attitude. I always tried to bring enthusiasm and give 110%. Now that I'm freelance, I do that every day, because I'm doing something I love more than anything else in the world.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
On the lighter side.............................................................

Today is World Happy Husband Day.
Let us keep 2 minutes silence and read some quotes of great personalities.

First quote
After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin, they just can’t face each other, but still they stay together.
– Al Gore

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.
– Socrates

Wife inspires us to great things and prevent us from achieving them.
– Mike Tyson

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
– Bill Clinton

There’s a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It’s called marriage.
– Michael Jordan

A good wife always forgives her husband when she’s wrong.
– Barack Obama

When you are in love,
wonders happen.
But once you get married, you wonder, what happened.
- Steve Jobs

And the best one is…

Marriage is a beautiful forest where Brave Lions are killed by Beautiful Deer.
- Brad Pitt

While getting married, most of the guys say to girl's parents,
"I will keep your daughter happy for the rest of her life".

Have you ever heard a girl saying something like this to the boy's parents like "I will keep your son happy for the rest of his life"????

Nooo.... because women don't tell lies! 😀😜

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

A small argument between a couple turns violent.
Husband says: Don’t let the animal in me come out!
Wife replies: Who’s afraid of a mouse??

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

If wife wants husband’s attention, she just has to look sad and uncomfortable.
If husband wants wife’s attention, he just has to look comfortable & happy.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

A Philosopher HUSBAND said:- Every WIFE is a ‘Mistress’ of her Husband…
“Miss” for first year & “Stress” for rest of the life…

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Son : Dad, l got selected for a role in a play for annual day!
Dad: What role are you playing?
Son: A husband!
Dad: Stupid, ask for a role with dialogues!

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Man outside phone booth: “Excuse me, you are holding phone since 29 minutes and you haven’t spoken a word”.
Man inside: “i am talking to my wife!”

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
More seriously on the subject of World Happy Husband Day, maybe some of those jokes would become obsolete if we changed that old saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life," to "Happy Spouse, Happy House." Two ways, folks, TWO ways...

LOL, that said, I am done trying to make someone else happy. Except for my cat. What do I know about it?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man If you would have to drive to find film, imagine how far I would have to go! :lol: Are you in the boonies too? Thanks for the info!

tabbytom tabbytom You have had a package there since July?!?!?!? Oh my! I suspect this package will just float away when we have another rainy season. That’s awful that the company would just let things go to waste when supplies around here are often scarce.:ohwell: Shame on them indeed!:nono:
They just pound on your door?!?!? It truly is a “Hard Knock Life!”
Personally, even when I was very young and working at less skilled jobs for minimum wages, I gave the job my all. I believe in having a good work ethic whether you like the particular job or not. I once worked for a friend by caring for her cactus greenhouse. It was prickly work but I stuck to it!🌵 ;)

I think January should have one of these.👑 I would take pleasure in catering to him too. Who could resist that face??

World Happy Husband Day? Those were so funny! Happy day to all the husbands out there!!:clap2:

Lari Lari That was a good one! Alice in Wonderland. Lolololololololol Allie as Alice with her Caterpillar! Very good one!:flail:

rubysmama rubysmama Don’t be embarrassed! I doubt anyone here could I’d all the kitties. I sometimes look at Kodiak and confuse her for Mountain Bear and I live here! Lololol I should go just a post of the faces of the cats now. I can say that I know you know more than you mentioned. You know Mam and Wanda Heart and Callie for sure.,Here is one too, if three cats are glued to each other, that is Goldie, Blue and Mountain. They stick to each other like the pages in an old book of fairy tails. If you see BJ in the face, he has that little black tipped nose. I think you do an extraordinary job of identifying many of the cats. You would know Bonjour from behind. Lolol Wide load with floof tail. I bet if I did a “Who's this?” You would get them. You know Blue is related to BJ. From a distance outside I saw them both and thought BJ was Blue junior?? It wasn’t until much later that it dawned on me that BJ was not junior. Lol:doh:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Allie did have that “lost in space” look. It must be a strong batch of nip!!

I already know of your awesome work ethic. If everyone had that the world would spin purrfectly. No one and no creature would be lacking.
I would like to try my hand at stretching canvas. I imagine that getting one purrfectly stretched would affect the painting greatly. There is great satisfaction in a job well done too. :) That’s a great feeling.
Fedex could take a page from that book. I know the delivery people are getting pushed these days. My orders are extremely heavy. A hundred pounds of cat litter is just part of it in a single delivery for the month. I was very frustrated when a box of fruit was just thrown over a five foot fence though. It was a light package and this was uncalled for. Now, when I know a heavy load I’d due, I try to have bottles of cold water and some sort of small snack out for the delivery person. It is always gone later. I had one lady thank me for that. She put all my boxes on the porch where I requested them. I have a sign out that points to where I need things placed. It says ,”Deliveries here please” and it also says “Thank you, have a great day :) !” I know that means nothing to some but seems to mean something to others. I do appreciate the ones who do their job well.

I hope your Facebook is recovered. I know you are missed there by so many. Prayers for that recovery.

It does seem we are all struggling these days. Life goes in cycles. Kind of like the way the earth revolves. We face the sun and then the dark but we come back to the light again in time. We have not crashed so far. We are in a complicated world but I think that if we hold tight to our world, we’ll find the sun again.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! That is hilarious! If only I could have the Clowder together on a tree like that for a furmily portrait! I laughed so hard! Precious picture!!
If anyone missed the link…..

Jcatbird Jcatbird , another member posted this on the Funny pic and meme thread. I think it is the perfect Cat Tree for Chez Catbird. ❤❤❤ the pic with all the kitties on it. Happy kitties. 😻😻😻
post funny picture and memes here
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You are right. It does go both ways. If it doesn’t then it’s not a good marriage. It has to be Happy Husband and Happy Wife. I am not married these days except to my world. That’s filled with cats. Happy life.;)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You have had a package there since July?!?!?!? Oh my! I suspect this package will just float away when we have another rainy season. That’s awful that the company would just let things go to waste when supplies around here are often scarce.:ohwell: Shame on them indeed!:nono:
Personally, even when I was very young and working at less skilled jobs for minimum wages, I gave the job my all. I believe in having a good work ethic whether you like the particular job or not. I once worked for a friend by caring for her cactus greenhouse. It was prickly work but I stuck to it!🌵 ;)

I think January should have one of these.👑 I would take pleasure in catering to him too. Who could resist that face??
Yup, the package is still here.

Not pound on the door but using the knuckles knock hard. Maybe that's close to pounding?

Yes, work attitude is very important. If one wants to work, they must be happy working and not complain behind the boss or work anyhow behind the boss. Do it in front of the boss if one is not happy, not behind their backs. So either continue to work and be happy or fire yourself.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man If you would have to drive to find film, imagine how far I would have to go! :lol: Are you in the boonies too? Thanks for the info!

tabbytom tabbytom You have had a package there since July?!?!?!? Oh my! I suspect this package will just float away when we have another rainy season. That’s awful that the company would just let things go to waste when supplies around here are often scarce.:ohwell: Shame on them indeed!:nono:

World Happy Husband Day? Those were so funny! Happy day to all the husbands out there!!:clap2:

Lari Lari That was a good one! Alice in Wonderland. Lolololololololol Allie as Alice with her Caterpillar! Very good one!:flail:

rubysmama rubysmama Don’t be embarrassed! I doubt anyone here could I’d all the kitties. I sometimes look at Kodiak and confuse her for Mountain Bear and I live here! Lololol I should go just a post of the faces of the cats now. I can say that I know you know more than you mentioned. You know Mam and Wanda Heart and Callie for sure.,Here is one too, if three cats are glued to each other, that is Goldie, Blue and Mountain. They stick to each other like the pages in an old book of fairy tails. If you see BJ in the face, he has that little black tipped nose. I think you do an extraordinary job of identifying many of the cats. You would know Bonjour from behind. Lolol Wide load with floof tail. I bet if I did a “Who's this?” You would get them. You know Blue is related to BJ. From a distance outside I saw them both and thought BJ was Blue junior?? It wasn’t until much later that it dawned on me that BJ was not junior. Lol:doh:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Allie did have that “lost in space” look. It must be a strong batch of nip!!

I already know of your awesome work ethic. If everyone had that the world would spin purrfectly. No one and no creature would be lacking.
I would like to try my hand at stretching canvas. I imagine that getting one purrfectly stretched would affect the painting greatly. There is great satisfaction in a job well done too. :) That’s a great feeling.
Fedex could take a page from that book. I know the delivery people are getting pushed these days. My orders are extremely heavy. A hundred pounds of cat litter is just part of it in a single delivery for the month. I was very frustrated when a box of fruit was just thrown over a five foot fence though. It was a light package and this was uncalled for. Now, when I know a heavy load I’d due, I try to have bottles of cold water and some sort of small snack out for the delivery person. It is always gone later. I had one lady thank me for that. She put all my boxes on the porch where I requested them. I have a sign out that points to where I need things placed. It says ,”Deliveries here please” and it also says “Thank you, have a great day :) !” I know that means nothing to some but seems to mean something to others. I do appreciate the ones who do their job well.

I hope your Facebook is recovered. I know you are missed there by so many. Prayers for that recovery.

It does seem we are all struggling these days. Life goes in cycles. Kind of like the way the earth revolves. We face the sun and then the dark but we come back to the light again in time. We have not crashed so far. We are in a complicated world but I think that if we hold tight to our world, we’ll find the sun again.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! That is hilarious! If only I could have the Clowder together on a tree like that for a furmily portrait! I laughed so hard! Precious picture!!
If anyone missed the link…..

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You are right. It does go both ways. If it doesn’t then it’s not a good marriage. It has to be Happy Husband and Happy Wife. I am not married these days except to my world. That’s filled with cats. Happy life.;)
Yes, I am in the hinterlands of Western NY, which is a whole 'nother country from downstate. You can't get anywhere without a car, but in bad weather a 4x4 is better, and yes, we still have some dirt roads, although the number is diminishing each year. I grew up out in the sticks, and never really got over it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I said to my roomie yesterday that I'm like a traditional Japanese person - obedient, hard-working and if someone tells me to do something (as long as it's not harmful or bad) I will do it. "Why?" I asked her. "Because it makes sense, and because I live in this world with others." No people are perfect, but when you live on a small land space and there are many of you, you have to learn to co-exist or you DON'T exist. My father had many Japanese friends and co-workers and admired the culture and the people immensely. So I got that influence growing up, and I'm so glad. Superiors at my jobs recognized and rewarded it. I was constantly pushing my own envelope and was top producer when I worked for the City of L.A. in my department as a temporary worker. If you're not going to give it your all, why give it at all?
Yeah, Happy Husband Day. Seems to me a husband would be happiest if the wife was happy as well. But in this society, most people don't have the slightest idea of what love and respect are. So, over 50% divorce rate. *I've had three. I should know.* And yes, like you,
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I am also done with that. They say, "Third time is the charm." It was for me. After that, I said, NO MORE!
Jcatbird Jcatbird I can't fathom why so many people are so thoughtless and careless. Maybe they've given up. Maybe they are all suffering from depression? IDK, but it's not a good look for the country, at all.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're right, there are clues to identifying clowder members. And I did spot the black on BJ's nose. And should have clued in that Blue was glued to 2 other cats. LOL. So many of the clowder have similar looks, though, which of course makes sense since they're all probably related. :catlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.