My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO true, BellaGooch BellaGooch -- after all, prejudice, intolerance, hatred, and all of the "isms and schisms" aren't inborn, they're TAUGHT. By the older to the younger. So much of this is generational! It's like pitbulls -- generationally inbred to fight and kill.
If there is hope for the future, it is in the young who have figured things out -- and the elders and people of ALL ages and backgrounds who have, too, and who will help in this effort.
IMG_1490.JPG

*Help, schmelp! I ain't helpin!' says Elvis, who is usually busily engaged in his own PURRsuits.*:angrycat:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no doubt that there are multitudes of people- young and old- who are kind, compassionate, and wise, which is not the same as smart. Mostly, they live their lives in anonymity, which is how they prefer it. Unfortunately, the crass, the crude, the obnoxious, and the downright stupid are held up by the various media platforms as something to be emulated, and I have to shake my head in dismay. Yes, I was young and foolish once, but I listened and learned from my elders. I guess it's a good thing that my time on this earth is nearing the end.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no doubt that there are multitudes of people- young and old- who are kind, compassionate, and wise, which is not the same as smart. Mostly, they live their lives in anonymity, which is how they prefer it. Unfortunately, the crass, the crude, the obnoxious, and the downright stupid are held up by the various media platforms as something to be emulated, and I have to shake my head in dismay. Yes, I was young and foolish once, but I listened and learned from my elders. I guess it's a good thing that my time on this earth is nearing the end.
While it may be tempting to look forward to the better that is to come as the reward of those who ARE compassionate and caring, I for one want them to live forever! because this world so desperately needs every one!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
But, hey; who wants to listen to an old geezer like me? What do I know about anything?
At least you know how to love cats and that's important here.
Yes, I was young and foolish once, but I listened and learned from my elders.
Glad that you listened to your elders. Some never listen and never learn.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
To Samuda and your mother, we owe them much for sharing the ripples with us. May they rest well and with peace. :hugs: From those that come before….we learn things like this. History told is well worth remembering for many, many reasons. This short story tells it well.
That video is very touching. I love hearing stories like this. Years ago, I was waiting in line in a drive thru and the person who just left the drive thru paid for not just my order, but also the other drive thru customers in line. I was having a really bad day that day, but that random act of kindness --made my day! We need more "rippling effects" in this world. Kind hearted people reaching out to others in special ways. :heartshape: We need more of this especially in these troubling times.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Life is filled with little surprises and amazing connections. Ripples connect those of shared compassion, caring, kindness and intentions. As we see here on TCS. It’s so comforting to know that despite distance, we all are just a heartbeat away from each other where it counts. :cloud9:

Lari Lari I can understand how making the cranes was almost therapeutic. I love working with my hands and have often done things to keep them busy. It’s relaxing to me. I love your Crane! That’s really neat that you remembered. Someday in the future you can make some for Baby J. Something neat to pass on. Around here, the kitties would end up carrying them around. Lady would probably adopt them. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That must be such a cool book! I love anything resembling pop up books but having a finished origami example in the book sounds enchanting.
Wisdom. Compassion and caring keep our world functioning in a way that makes it a good world to live in. Without that we would not want to be here. Elders keep the traditions of all those things and are responsible for teaching the next generations. I have seen some who just seemed to be born with these traits and others who found them from a lack of experiencing them in their own lives. We need the elders to hold these things , and more, as a beacon to be followed. Elders should be our beacons as well. They have seen the world shift and change and can tell us of our mistakes and triumphs. Written history does not tell it all. The young learn from all that came before. They also teach. If they see and care they can contribute. As you said, a lot is cultural and environmental. If our culture improves, everything improves. We must teach well. Cats are great examples for us all! Compassion, forgiveness, love and they are so totally bonded to each other and family. I have seen

Society needs as much kindness, respect snd love for all creatures as well as Mother Earth as we can find.

N NY cat man The Pod challenge? Not sure I even want to know that one! Wow! Fame is not as great as people imagine. Happiness is what counts and it does not often come from fame. A lot of famous people are not especially happy.
BTW I happened to love listening but I would never call you old. I am too close to your age! Lol Just properly advanced!:lol: Common sense is one of my favorite things! It can trump high IQ. The gene pool? Well….. nature has her own way of balancing it all out. We may have to hold onto our patience but the scales tip back and forth. Time for some balance?

BellaGooch BellaGooch Well hi! Been missing you!
Folding pianos? I’m impressed! I would love to see that!
You should never be ashamed to be part of any generation! Each individual is just that, an individual. I know that generation gets slammed a lot but many generations have gotten slammed. Each one has carried a label and I was not ashamed to be part of mine even though there were things I did not like that went on then. Lol We won’t get into that now.:lol: However, if you can lead your generation , or any other, in compassion, strength. love and to a better place, that can be a shining example for others. I know you carry those traits. Plus, plus! Each of us is responsible for what we do or don’t do. We are here so I know that we all care. We are all doing that we can. May our hopes spread!!!!!!
:vibes::heartshape:

tabbytom tabbytom Listening is the part many miss. They hear but do not truly listen. Definitely an important traits! Loving cats. Even better, loving them and rescuing them or adopting them into furmily! part of the solution is taking responsibility to help.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That is such a nice story! Isn’t it neat how a kind deed can change a whole day? Sometimes a shared smile brings a smile from another. That rippling effect is so important. We lift each other by small acts. There was a movie about “Paying it Forward.” Same idea. One person receives an act of kindness and pays it forward by another act of kindness to another. It can be the smallest of things sometimes. I often let older people ahead of me in long check out lines. Recently it was a man with his wife who had Alzheimer’s. The man was so appreciative. I could tell he had a lot on his shoulders as caregiver. We talked in the line for about twenty minutes snd I talked with his wife while he managed checking out. Not a huge thing but maybe his time there was just a little easier and maybe hers was too. I would hope that others would do things like that for me if I needed it.
To everyone here, stay! We need every cat loving good human here. No one is allowed to depart! We need you and more! Pretend you are a fine wine or great cheese! Better with age! ;)

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely is trying to get used to being around a Clowder! It’s a little intimidating at times. I had her on the sofa with me today.
We were being watched. Lol
4676E622-77EE-40B1-9F66-92094F605980.jpeg

Everyone is curious.
C25F16DE-58B4-49F3-941D-1129487924CC.jpeg

Surely was looking here….
E8708BB1-0F5B-405F-9FF0-DBAEE7D45B3F.jpeg

Looking there…..
2EB18E90-218D-433F-90EA-C555AF5FD46B.jpeg

And there….
4F82610C-0F6F-40AE-825C-D65F3BFCB11D.jpeg

It almost reminded me of a little bird looking around.
1B56307B-EC4A-4356-B1D7-74515141F9EE.jpeg

Her head darted around in every direction.
EB6AE2D4-6208-4EC5-B84C-BB1511E9E735.jpeg

She became a little nervous.
11B84747-F04D-401D-B4F3-DD40740D57D1.jpeg

I’ve got you covered Surely!
FA429966-454A-4215-A299-D6B9E78E2B42.jpeg

The kitties just want to get to know you.
603E922F-23FF-43BC-8B52-8D04E5585B90.jpeg

Brave girl! She left the security of the pillows by my side to go look.
8A9BF510-C34D-425C-8B7F-1F5D306C9CF8.jpeg

Oh.
62F49C81-411F-47CA-80B5-BCC65D9E8DD3.jpeg

Did you see something scary? It’s okay Surely!
21000322-DD18-4D23-87C7-F938844BD54C.jpeg

We have an audience. A loving audience but….
Muffin….
1A1B2C24-5393-48B5-BCD8-F55AA1FCB047.jpeg

Lady….
D8F28F35-3619-487A-8184-B10D6D031E9B.jpeg

Dolly…
59861EC3-B17B-4E3A-82F7-4A9CEADEB717.jpeg

Precious….
FAE9393F-BCBA-4A9E-8E38-8557CD8B84A6.jpeg

Kodiak……
166CD76C-140B-4D51-85C4-8CAF7FCBAEB2.jpeg

and Mitsy are all anxious to welcome Surely but maybe it didn’t look like a welcoming party?

B9600535-2E11-4E3F-84DE-9927A89734F1.jpeg

Maybe we need a cake! Lol Catnip cake coming!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to do it but I will be absent tomorrow and perhaps a bit longer. I have surgery tomorrow. It is outpatient surgery on one eye. I have had this same surgery before so I expect it to go smoothly and quickly. I’ll be missing everyone and have you all in my thoughts. I have the cats lined up to take cate of me. Banjo as nurse, BJ assisting and the rest will take cate of the house and chores. Surely wants to be my snuggle buddy and that works for me. Lol We’ll all be back as quickly as we can. Sending enough love and purrs to carry everyone through until I see you again. :vibes::heartshape::redheartpump::purr::caticon::happycat::bluecat::gingercat2::silver::vancat::winkcat::blackcat2::runningcat::lovecat3::tabbycat::blackcat::bigeyes::winkcat::lovecat4::silver::whiskers::climbcat::silver::coolcat::kneading::redcat::whiskers::dizzycat::silver::zzzcat::lovecat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , candle will be lit!

Exhibit A: the Tide pod challenge, and now the milk crate challenge. People risking serious injury for fleeting internet fame.
I've seen grown men in their 30's doing that! Thankfully, Tik Tok has banned videos of it, so hopefully it will die out quickly.

I was extremely fortunate to have compassionate and intelligent parents who spent the time necessary to share those with me and explain the whys, hows, whens and wheres to me.
From whence cometh the old saying, "Children learn what they live." In all the good, pure, sweet senses of the word, my Daddy "made" me. He was, of course, involved in my conception, but whatever good is in me came almost totally from my father.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ripples connect those of shared compassion, caring, kindness and intentions. As we see here on TCS. It’s so comforting to know that despite distance, we all are just a heartbeat away from each other where it counts. :cloud9:
Yes, if the ripples are positive vibes is ok. People need positivity and not negative thoughts or comments for motivation.
Listening is the part many miss. They hear but do not truly listen.
Many do selective listening and that's why messages and lessons are not getting through. They only listen to what they want to listen. Worst of all is, what they hear and they say this is not for me. It's for someone else. This is a holier than thou attitude.
I hate to do it but I will be absent tomorrow and perhaps a bit longer. I have surgery tomorrow. It is outpatient surgery on one eye. I have had this same surgery before so I expect it to go smoothly and quickly. I’ll be missing everyone and have you all in my thoughts.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. All the best on your surgery and hope it'll be a smooth and successful one and hope you recover fast and well.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate to do it but I will be absent tomorrow and perhaps a bit longer. I have surgery tomorrow. It is outpatient surgery on one eye. I have had this same surgery before so I expect it to go smoothly and quickly. I’ll be missing everyone and have you all in my thoughts. I have the cats lined up to take cate of me. Banjo as nurse, BJ assisting and the rest will take cate of the house and chores. Surely wants to be my snuggle buddy and that works for me. Lol We’ll all be back as quickly as we can. Sending enough love and purrs to carry everyone through until I see you again. :vibes::heartshape::redheartpump::purr::caticon::happycat::bluecat::gingercat2::silver::vancat::winkcat::blackcat2::runningcat::lovecat3::tabbycat::blackcat::bigeyes::winkcat::lovecat4::silver::whiskers::climbcat::silver::coolcat::kneading::redcat::whiskers::dizzycat::silver::zzzcat::lovecat:
Just seeing this now, so might be too late for you to read it before your surgery. But know I'll be thinking of you, and sending healing vibes for a successful surgery, and quick recovery. Hugs. 🤗 🤗 🤗
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari What about a beautiful mobile of different-colored paper cranes?
Yes, all, each of us is an individual and generations are not monolithic. That's just another "ism" as in racism, speciesism, etc. and it limits the believer in the intolerance as much as, if not more than, the target. I see a lot of vitriol by older people toward Millenials. WHY? Ridiculous! Some of the most amazing inventions in human history have come from the minds of Millenials.
Awwww, surely Surely is going to be very PAWpular in the clowder, with her elfin charm! She really is lovely. It's quite a large stripey clique at Chez Catbird now.
The Tide Pods thing was people EATING this detergent! IDK about the other one. A lot of people rage against the internet because of idiotic things like this, and I agree that doing asinine, harmful things for "fame" is as stupid as it has always been.
:hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Jcatbird Jcatbird !

Status
Not open for further replies.