My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MariaBayote *PRAYERS* from the heart for you to get help for your health and return to feeling better. We will all be here. My thoughts and Prayers will be for you.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Apologize? WHY? No! You have endured several levels of trauma, shock and grief. You need the time. And how well I empathize about the sleepless nights.
I have painful memories of five years ago, at the end of June, when my beloved Rani queen was ill and ascending. That last night, I lay on the floor beside her, talking to her, stroking her and praying for her. Finally I got up and went to bed because I knew I would be useless the next day if I didn't and work waits for no one and nothing. After a sleepless night, I saw that she had passed and then I had to prepare a resting place for her. It was one of the hardest nights/days of my life. There was a full moon on that night. I have special songs for many of my loved ones, and hers will always be "Song to the Moon" by Dvorak.
I know no one has to tell you to stay busy, but it's good therapy for times like these, and you can't not stay busy, anyway. My Prayers and my thoughts are for you all. We will all be here, and you are in our thoughts.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Thank you. We are safe. I have a few more people I must go to and notify of the loss of our friend. I prefer to do that in person but I will check in to see about everyone here and to let you know that we are safe. I must say that it is very reassuring to know that someone is watching to be sure we are safe.. :hugs: Give January purrs from all here.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I had blood pressure problems in the past. I know it makes you feel terrible and I am so sorry you are going through that. It took a bit of changing around on medicine to get me straight but once the dosage and type was right I felt great. I was actually taken off allBP meds later. It turned out that stress was causing it. We have all been under stress lately and my wish and prayer for you would be that this does not continue to make you feel bad, your Blood Pressure goes back to normal and stays there.
Sarah had similar issues and music played a big part in lowering her BP. For me, listening to ocean waves relaxes me, along with kitty purrs.
That is great news about Patchie. A blessing. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.:hugs: The Clowder sends purrs.

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond Thank you! I know you have known of Smokey and her story. I am reminding myself that she stayed with me through the loss of Sarah and was my great comfort and I must not be greedy. Perhaps she wants to be back with her favorite human now. They chose each other a long time ago and I will honor that great love by remembering how very beautiful they were together. Two angels must belong together. It must have been the happiest of reunions. I hold that thought.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thank you! My voice is returning.:hugs: Squeaky, but here.;)

Lari Lari Thank you. It helps a lot knowing that my dear friends are here.:hugs:

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! I usually manage to keep putting one foot in front of the other but I just need a bit of R&R. A few more people I must go and talk to about the loss of our friend. I will be glad when that task is finished. Thank you for sticking in here with me. That helps more than I can express.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! I hate not being here for everyone. My gratitude is always in my heart for all the years of love and support. I know you do understand the level of grief. I just need to stitch together all the wonderful gifts I have been given from every other heart and I will be feeling much lifted.
You have songs for your fur ones too? Each fur baby here has a song. We have a lot of music going on around here! I hope your memories are now more of the good days and not the endings. I have never liked goodbyes. I try to remember the smiles.
Staying busy is important. Staying productive and continuing the love too. Those that must leave would not want us to stop the love. It’s what they most enjoyed about life. The kitties here feel the loss too so snorggles must continue in quantity! Thrasher has been giving me the most amazing back rubs! When I lay down she travels the length of my body by pressing her head and body against me and pushing hard as she walks up and down behind me. After a few rounds of that she jumps over me and puts her face into mine and meows. “How was that?” Then she jumps back over and does it again until I start to laugh. Once I laugh, she snuggles under my neck to sleep. It’s so very good to have my dancing Brown Thrasher back.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! Exhaustion pretty well describes it. I must get caught up on rest because kitties need attention. We have other regular vet checks coming up and that is something that cannot be ignored. I will have to get back to our regularly scheduled program very soon. Time waits for no one. Cats can’t wait either.

Banjo has made a request! She wants to start a new hobby. Bowling! Bowling?:headscratch: Now, how am I supposed to help her do that? I really need to take the remote for the TV away from her. I caught her watching a bowling tournament. A cat bowling? This is going to take some thinking on my part! Suggestions welcomed!

For tonight, how about a few simple pleasures?
Swallowtails and orchids.
DE99CA6F-4952-492F-BE03-D0975D68B82F.jpeg
142B2D80-D884-4DC6-9243-0C3D39C38EA7.jpeg
081A8F99-0B58-47C1-B76F-3FD4FE3471B1.jpeg
E356675F-B366-4D23-9237-7796B2B13C6F.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Banjo has made a request! She wants to start a new hobby. Bowling! Bowling?:headscratch: Now, how am I supposed to help her do that? I really need to take the remote for the TV away from her. I caught her watching a bowling tournament. A cat bowling? This is going to take some thinking on my part! Suggestions welcomed!
Ah, Banjo. Bowling is a fine hobby to take up. 🎳 But you are not the first cat to consider taking up the sport, as back in the 70's our young Misty tried to become a feline bowler.

1626349796719.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Thank you. We are safe. I have a few more people I must go to and notify of the loss of our friend. I prefer to do that in person but I will check in to see about everyone here and to let you know that we are safe. I must say that it is very reassuring to know that someone is watching to be sure we are safe.. :hugs: Give January purrs from all here.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I had blood pressure problems in the past. I know it makes you feel terrible and I am so sorry you are going through that. It took a bit of changing around on medicine to get me straight but once the dosage and type was right I felt great. I was actually taken off allBP meds later. It turned out that stress was causing it. We have all been under stress lately and my wish and prayer for you would be that this does not continue to make you feel bad, your Blood Pressure goes back to normal and stays there.
Sarah had similar issues and music played a big part in lowering her BP. For me, listening to ocean waves relaxes me, along with kitty purrs.
That is great news about Patchie. A blessing. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.:hugs: The Clowder sends purrs.

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond Thank you! I know you have known of Smokey and her story. I am reminding myself that she stayed with me through the loss of Sarah and was my great comfort and I must not be greedy. Perhaps she wants to be back with her favorite human now. They chose each other a long time ago and I will honor that great love by remembering how very beautiful they were together. Two angels must belong together. It must have been the happiest of reunions. I hold that thought.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thank you! My voice is returning.:hugs: Squeaky, but here.;)

Lari Lari Thank you. It helps a lot knowing that my dear friends are here.:hugs:

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! I usually manage to keep putting one foot in front of the other but I just need a bit of R&R. A few more people I must go and talk to about the loss of our friend. I will be glad when that task is finished. Thank you for sticking in here with me. That helps more than I can express.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! I hate not being here for everyone. My gratitude is always in my heart for all the years of love and support. I know you do understand the level of grief. I just need to stitch together all the wonderful gifts I have been given from every other heart and I will be feeling much lifted.
You have songs for your fur ones too? Each fur baby here has a song. We have a lot of music going on around here! I hope your memories are now more of the good days and not the endings. I have never liked goodbyes. I try to remember the smiles.
Staying busy is important. Staying productive and continuing the love too. Those that must leave would not want us to stop the love. It’s what they most enjoyed about life. The kitties here feel the loss too so snorggles must continue in quantity! Thrasher has been giving me the most amazing back rubs! When I lay down she travels the length of my body by pressing her head and body against me and pushing hard as she walks up and down behind me. After a few rounds of that she jumps over me and puts her face into mine and meows. “How was that?” Then she jumps back over and does it again until I start to laugh. Once I laugh, she snuggles under my neck to sleep. It’s so very good to have my dancing Brown Thrasher back.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! Exhaustion pretty well describes it. I must get caught up on rest because kitties need attention. We have other regular vet checks coming up and that is something that cannot be ignored. I will have to get back to our regularly scheduled program very soon. Time waits for no one. Cats can’t wait either.

For tonight, how about a few simple pleasures?
Swallowtails and orchids.
View attachment 387852View attachment 387853View attachment 387854View attachment 387855
Bowling? Are you sure you heard right? Not "yowling"? :crackup:*Well, it could be wrestling.*
I'm sure I'm not alone in being rather astonished that we are able to endure all we do go through in life. Today is the anniversary of my father's passing. We were often like oil and water, but bottom line, he was my hero and my defender, and at the end of his stay here on earth, we were able to become close again. "I love you," was the last thing each of us said to the other. But I thought he would always be here to protect me when no one else would. Life here goes on.
And yes, our loved ones are together up there, watching over us from a MUCH better place, knowing, as we do not yet, that there is no reason for us to mourn.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom The butterflies gathered there for hours!! It was amazing. They seemed to have been attracted to some sulphide that was added to the soil there and then a rain. Not sure but I loved watching them. I had never seen so many sitting that still to feed!

The paw web is so right! This is definitely the cats house. The paw print in the concrete of the front step should have tipped me off. Lol Who knows…. Maybe that is the signature of the cat that built the house. Obviously an ancestor to Banjo and the Clowder. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama Misty looks like a pro! That is so cute!! Banjo s going to want a nice bowling set like that! Uh oh! Lololol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I wish Banjo had said yowling! Lol A yowling contest does occur here at times.
I am sorry about your Dad. I know that the anniversary of the day of loss is hard. Although we honor them by continuing on, the pain tends to return to some degree. Some times worse than others. The pain is not for those who go somewhere better but for us because we miss them. Always, still need them. However, I do believe that we are given a part of them. Their energy goes not vanish. It still exists. Just transformed. They are our guardians and may be in a position to protect more than ever before. There is no reason to mourn them being in a better place but we do mourn the separation. A reunion will come. No more separation then. I have to think how wonderful it must be for Smokey to be back in Sarah’s arms after so many years. I am grateful she stayed to help me.

strider rose strider rose Bonjure is ready to play! Maybe he wants to try bowling too! Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find myself tired still. I wanted to do something fun with the kitties though. This may take more than one post! Lol We’ll start with the bears room.

Why are you in our room hooman?
1E3A5911-373A-458F-9D04-F6D622F2F46C.jpeg

I brought you something special.
97D9AD37-14FE-49FC-B4F1-65C9CE216088.jpeg

Ohhh! That scent made my tail straighten out!
96956D11-8675-4767-B6D8-3CDF0D4DD6DF.jpeg

Smells stinky to me!
96C05833-9CCF-4FB4-9D17-5D9C048F0D44.jpeg

It’s catnip Blue. Fresh from the plant.
156470D2-3D45-4A14-8569-F7E652302B11.jpeg

What do you think Mountain?
Strong!
759D6FCB-CC1B-48DE-B107-6457FD1ED494.jpeg

Let me put it down for you.
1C2185D5-819B-4033-8456-87C6229CDF27.jpeg

Ooooo!
B56DDA0F-0CAC-4081-9AEE-890AE32D3D06.jpeg

It tastes good!
FD674E4D-F6AD-4851-873E-542952AEB961.jpeg

You like it now Mountain?
Mmmmmm!
F085AB9C-A64F-486F-918B-CB277B29A76F.jpeg

I think we feel different! Are we getting drunk?
C4E24A9F-8E02-4EBD-8448-86DC956727CD.jpeg

Oh dear. I have heard that if you get high, it makes your eyes look different. Do my eyes look the same?
4F800B29-F3D9-447C-ABF8-604CC5011F68.jpeg

Heheheheheh!

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The butterflies gathered there for hours!! It was amazing. They seemed to have been attracted to some sulphide that was added to the soil there and then a rain.
Could be sulphide or sodium. I remember that they like to land on your hands if you've been perspiring and start to drink the juice.
It’s catnip Blue. Fresh from the plant.
Woah! They got it neat.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for laffs..................

View attachment 387945
:flail:

So…… who gets the second ticket? Whistle loves a good game.
Bj says to tell Louise he is a handsome male and excellent guardian, loves to snuggle and would never take a game over his lady.;):lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I can see that happening, tabbytom tabbytom and then there's THIS:
rewardforcat.jpg

Jcatbird Jcatbird So many silly stripes! How do you keep your fresh catnip growing and out of the clutches of everyone? We had a plant here on the front verandah that was thriving until someone came and laid down on it. The consolation prize is that who(m)ever it was had to have had a great time!
Yes, our loved ones are always with us and I have always felt my ancestors' protection here.

Status
Not open for further replies.