My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, In honor of new baby calicos, Lady insisted on being featured. She has some information to pass on to the mom and babies.

Always enjoy the light. of the world.
4ED142C0-C73D-46DE-B552-5E239A818789.jpeg

Show the world how beautiful you are!
B49F93FA-D499-4333-B457-22653AB38F5E.jpeg

An afternoon should be a time to relax.
C41A27E2-EFA2-45FE-8F83-8944E864335F.jpeg

Sample everything wonderful.
3E33D3F4-054C-46FF-871C-B77785CA5CC1.jpeg

Notice the beauty around you.
0D6E7E42-00EF-41E0-B73E-426D490665F9.jpeg

Take time to stop....
509861E3-45E0-4C6B-A290-66EA643D3A33.jpeg

And smell the Petunias?
6FBD203D-86D7-488E-8936-66E5A07B5083.jpeg

Maybe that’s supposed to be roses. Lol
FBB120BC-94BF-4A9C-A204-06371257A056.jpeg

If company drops in and
5A2A6382-C0D2-4AA8-A061-DD6F5A733199.jpeg

They don’t show proper respect for you as a cat....
A48BF651-8CA9-4925-84AC-A0C4168F0FF4.jpeg

Give them the stink eye....let them know your point of view ( respectfully)
2F55F7BC-FCF6-4C46-A9D8-035A88305E3A.jpeg

And if they can’t learn, you turn...
80B57BDB-6854-427E-A5DC-D9F6FEFA6C9D.jpeg

And take the high road.
4F466F5C-556A-4D05-BED3-B1ADF554D6E3.jpeg

Other doors will open for you.
5A7BA222-B19E-4CC7-AA49-28F1EFDB0603.jpeg

Or you can open them yourself!
232F44DC-5CAF-4577-9186-3FDA98377266.jpeg

Look for a blue skies above.
A3EE4895-3CC3-4755-A8E2-E7E859C7D544.jpeg

Share them with a hooman.
BF135396-D55B-4ED8-B3C6-43A4869A12F5.jpeg

Hoomans can be great company.
19AE70A7-8DE1-48DB-A7A5-F5B1151DD2BF.jpeg

If you need anything, just show the hooman your best innocent look.
95EE018C-FBD1-4525-9C91-3D120289C838.jpeg

A thoughtful expression can get you lots of pets.
F7FB7BF7-CF96-4C4B-8211-FB6ABA96F4DA.jpeg

Extend a loving paw whenever possible.
F15F2014-5A5D-4E7E-825B-6F2B6A08BEB7.jpeg

And if all else fails....
6B8F2830-481B-4598-90B6-0066CBDC0F39.jpeg

Take the human to somewhere comfy and cuddle. It makes everyone purr.
D2E3A0EC-1F15-4120-BC66-48CB5A892BFC.jpeg

Congratulations Momma kitty and Happy Birthday to all the babies. Welcome to the world. We send you love and purrs! :redheartpump::happycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, In honor of new baby calicos, Lady insisted on being featured. She has some information to pass on to the mom and babies.

Always enjoy the light. of the world.
View attachment 372939
Show the world how beautiful you are!
View attachment 372940
An afternoon should be a time to relax.
View attachment 372941
View attachment 372942
Notice the beauty around you.
View attachment 372943
Take time to stop....
View attachment 372944
And smell the Petunias?
View attachment 372945
Maybe that’s supposed to be roses. Lol
View attachment 372946
If company drops in and
View attachment 372947
They don’t show proper respect for you as a cat....
View attachment 372948
Give them the stink eye....let them know your point of view ( respectfully)
View attachment 372949
And if they can’t learn, you turn...
View attachment 372950
And take the high road.
View attachment 372951
View attachment 372952
Or you can open them yourself!
View attachment 372954
Look for a blue skies above.
View attachment 372953
Share them with a hooman.
View attachment 372955
Hoomans can be great company.
View attachment 372956
If you need anything, just show the hooman your best innocent look.
View attachment 372957
A thoughtful expression can get you lots of pets.
View attachment 372958
Extend a loving paw whenever possible.
View attachment 372959
And if all else fails....
View attachment 372960
Take the human to somewhere comfy and cuddle. It makes everyone purr.
View attachment 372961
Congratulations Momma kitty and Happy Birthday to all the babies. Welcome to the world. We send you love and purrs! :redheartpump::happycat:
*TINY CAT TEETH* :hearthrob: :lolup:*Irresistible!*
Looks like it's been a beautiful day for a walk. It's rained here, and washed everything clean. Now we have billowy clouds, blue sky, green grass, and lovely flowers.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 We agree about completely about advocacy and staying firm in our beliefs. PC is wrong if it isn’t right. Just that simple to me. I am sure that BJ would be happy to assist in the “curb side’ pickup! ;)
Agree 100 and big props to BJ! We can use that help!
The thing so many people don't realize because "personal responsibility" and being a contributor to a society are such alien concepts to them, is that those who do not like cats or want them around are also doing themselves a huge favor by becoming involved in local spay/neuter/TNR projects. We all know that a well-managed colony is an asset to any community, keeping rodents under control, cleaning up after the sick and weak, and making cleaner neighborhoods. When a colony is well cared for, they fill that vacuum so others don't; and when everyone is "speutered" there are no more unhoused families, no more caterwauling or spraying or fighting for the most part, and no more "nuisance" behavor, so everyone is happy -- cat lovers and cats, and those who are not cat lovers.
(Yes, tabbytom tabbytom -- Junior -- my new system -- was being twitchy earlier. Hopefully that's done.)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Speutered is a great term! :lol: I like that. Everyone should speuter cats! All that you said is true! We must all take responsibility for our earth and what goes on in our world. Strength in numbers is true. One small voice may be hard to hear but Voices joined together as one will not go unheard. Turn up your volume and make beautiful music with words that no one can resist or deny. End suffering, clean up the mess and have a world that shines. :sunshine:🌏 It may take a little noise from the thunder but a good rain clears the air. 💦

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Speutered is a great term! :lol: I like that. Everyone should speuter cats! All that you said is true! We must all take responsibility for our earth and what goes on in our world. Strength in numbers is true. One small voice may be hard to hear but Voices joined together as one will not go unheard. Turn up your volume and make beautiful music with words that no one can resist or deny. End suffering, clean up the mess and have a world that shines. :sunshine:🌏 It may take a little noise from the thunder but a good rain clears the air. 💦
Not original, I assure you, but yes, it's a great term, isn't it?
And yes, the caring and the not-so-caring can benefit, and the not-so-caring will find themselves caring if they get involved. It's like that little quote on my mom's refrigerator. Sharing and caring makes US happier. too. That's the root of spirituality, and spirituality is the root of life, when we think about it, because there is one great Creator and when we look at nature, everything IS interrelated and everything DOES work when we respect this.
I like the latest I've heard about (Mark) Zuck(erberg) who gets it that VR (Virtual Reality) may very well help the earth, if the business world can get on board with using it to meet with associates/colleagues worldwide, cutting down on travel and its associated use of fuel and so much else, thereby giving the environment and infrastructure a rest from our overuse, and also potentially preventing future worldwide pandemics. He is so brilliant. Now if people would just stop flaming him and THINK about his vision.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I was hoping that Bonnie could convince BJ to play but I nearly fell over laughing when BJ gave the toy a kick to the curb. BJ is all about the ladies. I’m afraid the only kind of hat Bonjure would even consider would be more of a baby bonnet. :rolleyes: Lol I doubt that BJ would approve of that.

M maggiedemi I don’t know if Lady fibbed. Maybe the kitties cane up with that to get me to stop doing paperwork. You know, for my sake they thought I needed a beak. Lol

I don’t take toys for walks but if Lady wanted that, I would accommodate. Lol I have a small harness because I used it to get kittens started on harness training when I had babies here that I knew were going places where the raining would be good. Like Shakespeare who is taken for walks in a larger park. The harness is too small for anyone here now.

I forgot about pot pies! I love pot pie but it must be gluten free and many have ingredients I can’t have now. I do like that kind of pie though!
Now I want a pot pie!

Aww! Hekitty has a birthday soon! Early Happy Birthday Hekitty!:redheartpump:
So she loves to sample her human with Smorggling? Lol I know what you mean about your arm looking injured. Like this?View attachment 372841
Purry does a combination of sucking and nibbling with his little from teeth. This is a Purry Hickey! The suckling isn’t bad but when he is deeply happy the nibbling starts. Ouch! He lost his mom early and it still shows. Poor sweet babies just need that secure felling with their human family. Purrs accompany the smorggling.
Scamper has done his share of scampering with the ladies!! Baby Smapers! How precious! Tux was sneaky. Are discount spays and neuters available there? Coupons or certificates to help with vet costs?

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Very good mention of the false positive on FIV tests! It does happen pretty often. All good advice and information. Thank you for posting that! :heartshape:
No problem. I hope it is a false positive, but if not Husky44 should not fret, this is a great place for support. 🙂

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Oddly, the not so caring have come across me at times. I can’t make some who doesn’t care into someone who does but if they are willing to listen, often they learn and makes themselves into caring individuals. I have helped changed a few minds about cats. Just giving those people a chance to experience cats was the turning point for some. The cats did it! Cats are amazing!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose You are so right! This is a great place for support and information if it is needed. Also a good place to share our love of cats and some smiles. :hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Well hi! If you count the cats I am helping out, you could say 29. I am very close to PawPurr who does not live with me but is very near. I also provide some food for a couple of others whose Hoomans are not working right now and cats that live at the shelter. Covid shut down the shelters here for adoptions but things are beginning to improve. I won’t be taking any more cats in myself but would love to continue helping elsewhere. Cats have a way with our hearts.
12A0854D-945B-40F9-98EA-F3A939053235.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I once had a rescue calico kitty I named Whiskey. She came running to me when I was feeding my colony, and demanded to be picked up. She was a cute fluffy ball and I could not resist but to take her home. After several weeks I managed to get her a forever home, but I still miss her to this day. Once in a while the new owner would update me of her status, and much as my heart aches missing her, I know she is in a happier place.

Yes one of the new kitties is a calico. They are well hidden by the momma cat and I do not want to make it obvious I am peeping. LOL. One is a calico, a pure black cat, Tuxedo and a pure white cat. I am setting my sights to the calico and I am sure my hubby and I will be having a loongg conversation again: To keep or not to keep the calico, or the black cat. hehehe

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Yes. It's always been my thought that people who "don't like" cats just DON'T KNOW CATS. What's not to love about cats??? and I also talk to people like this about the benefits to THEM of becoming involved in spay/neuter/TNR and responsible, caring adoptions. People generally respond positively to anything that's going to benefit them, but first they have to realize that it IS going to do so.
Twenty-nine, eh? Thirty-one was our top pop, and a friend referred to them as The 31 Flavors, after the ice cream corporation. How I miss having a large cat furmily!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had those pot pies. They are pretty good but I can eat two of those.
Ha! I think they are the perfect size. But my dad said the exact same thing-- This is only a snack, next time get me two. :lol:

I couldn't care less about cancel culture or popularity when it comes to ANYTHING/ONE I care about.
Cancel culture is the worst! Hating our brother can't be the way. How can people learn from their mistakes if they are canceled? :dunno:

I am sure that BJ would be happy to assist in the “curb side’ pickup!
Hee hee. I might have a few "items" ready for pickup. 🗑

Did Lady teach me this or did I teach Lady? No matter. We both love strutting & sampling. 💕

I hope so! :crossfingers:

Take the human to somewhere comfy and cuddle.
Oh, I like this idea. Just gotta find the right human. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I think they are the perfect size. But my dad said the exact same thing-- This is only a snack, next time get me two. :lol:

Cancel culture is the worst! Hating our brother can't be the way. How can people learn from their mistakes if they are canceled? :dunno:

Hee hee. I might have a few "items" ready for pickup. 🗑

Did Lady teach me this or did I teach Lady? No matter. We both love strutting & sampling. 💕

I hope so! :crossfingers:

Oh, I like this idea. Just gotta find the right human. ;)
Couldn't agree more on almost everything here. As for "cancel culture" I just don't get who appointed all these people as godly beings. Who are they to judge? And it's like I'm sure they've never had any bad, or worse, unpopular!!! thoughts.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Lady loved it that you thought she looked Dapper. She loves compliments. Lol
J
strider rose strider rose Having a Clodwer of three or even more is always a joy!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Whiskey sounds precious. I know she is still in your heart. I have some still tugging at my heart strings too but we do what is best for others when we truly love them. I let go of some as well.
Chosing may be more up to the kitty. Lol Time may sort it all out for you.
I have never seen a rainbow that did not make me smile!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 To know them IS to love them. The number here that I give includes Pawpurr who is not under my roof but I am checking on her almost daily so I consider her part of the family. I have a couple of kitties that actually were here when I was caring for an elderly friend. Rescues here but he claimed them. Sadly, he is elsewhere and could not take care of them. He misses them but they are still in their home. I will not let anything happen to them and the friend knows this. They are terribly missed though. I give phone reports.

During the height of the last rescues, there were many more inside but a few were housed in the mobile home. That was just until some got moved after socializing. Short term for some. Those numbers included kittens. It was very busy here but emergency rescues. I could not do that many forever. There were others waiting in the woods too so adoptions were crucial. Five here were returned die to shelter failure or adoption failure too. Fortunately I had planned on having a certain number of returns. Also had planned for some that could not get adopted due to illness or the shelter not accepting them. My figures were pretty accurate. I missed it by two! Lol
I kept a little wiggle room!
If you find you have too much wiggle room, just let me know! ;):lol:

tabbytom tabbytom :rolleyes: Just desserts?;) Maybe they will be lucky and find Banjo to protect them.

M maggiedemi Cancel culture is a product of hatred in my book. Shame on anyone buying into a culture that turns their backs on those who don’t understand them or don’t agree with them. They are closing minds and hearts. Better to keep communication open and help each other to understand any issues. Keep love alive.

I think you and Lady work togetheron everything.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Priceless photos! Looking here, looking there, looking anywhere but..... okay. Accepting the camera! I have seen those harnesses. They are supposed to be safe. You and Gypsy can give us a full report! Thank Gypsy for the wonderful pictures. I think she was just “stumped” on whether or not to pose for us at first.:lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is a Purry Hickey!
No, I don't get those. What I get is the "Death by 10,000 Pin Pricks" from the incessant kneading, leaving literally hundreds of tiny scabs from mid-forearm to mid-biceps!

Are discount spays and neuters available there? Coupons or certificates to help with vet costs?
Nope, however, I do have more than sufficient credit balance with Hek's vet to take care of it and not run Hek short. When I got my back-pay for my disability, I put a HUGE deposit down towards future vet costs!

And speaking of which: BABY SCAMPERS!
IMG_20210308_053517_01.jpg

. I won’t be taking any more cats in myself
:fear::gaah::fear: EVERY TIME YOU SAY THAT, more cats show up!!!

It's always been my thought that people who "don't like" cats just DON'T KNOW CATS. What's not to love about cats???
My father, who was a very wise man, always told me that very few people HATE cats. When someone snarles "I HATE CATS!" stay away from that person. They invariably (unless phobic or allergic, which isn't actually "hate") have control issues, and hate anything that they cannot control. I've found that to be true over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.