My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on early today. I thought I would take a little break. Bonjure was acting a bit lonely. He needed a playmate. I caught this interaction.Lol

I need someone to bat this back to me.
91E8410B-22C9-4AC4-9008-77B8FF38844F.jpeg

Want to play BJ?
9F865195-9BFF-4F9A-8A1B-8CFCB1616FE5.jpeg

Is it a real mouse?
73955254-28E7-4DF9-9ACA-AEA6C300D25C.jpeg

Look over there. See it?
D8BDE467-CB2F-46F6-9DD1-BB2AA85B7A3F.jpeg

Smell BJ. Catnip scented!
FA0CB6DF-0B85-40CA-B548-53B11D12087C.jpeg

Here. Catch!
4EFA7F79-9103-46FE-B4CD-BAE8DF0CC4AD.jpeg

It just sits there Bonnie.
432DFD8C-4D4D-45BD-89E6-3D03E6F31471.jpeg

Hooman, can you make it wiggle?
AFAB37E3-260F-4FCF-9547-31109FF13F33.jpeg

It’s not moving.
2C135A44-A09D-40A6-99CB-485D2540A912.jpeg

Maybe if I give it a kick?
102AEF27-9415-4BCA-B6E5-A6D9D1B4BE5D.jpeg

Mom! Come play. Make it wiggle for BJ.
6A007680-653B-4F1F-AA2F-A75163EB75F4.jpeg

Seriously? I know Bonnie still thinks he is a kitten but maybe he should join me with the ladies? Why don’t you buy him a nice hat?
63888990-4109-40C0-97BE-AD9606A7A83F.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on early today. I thought I would take a little break. Bonjure was acting a bit lonely. He needed a playmate. I caught this interaction.Lol

I need someone to bat this back to me. View attachment 372790
Want to play BJ?
View attachment 372791
Is it a real mouse?
View attachment 372792
Look over there. See it?
View attachment 372793
Smell BJ. Catnip scented!
View attachment 372794
Here. Catch!
View attachment 372796
It just sits there Bonnie.
View attachment 372800
Hooman, can you make it wiggle?
View attachment 372801
It’s not moving.
View attachment 372802
Maybe if I give it a kick?
View attachment 372803
Mom! Come play. Make it wiggle for BJ.
View attachment 372804
Seriously? I know Bonnie still thinks he is a kitten but maybe he should join me with the ladies? Why don’t you buy him a nice hat?
View attachment 372805
Put it in play, you two! :lolup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
taco seasoning, and sour cream on the side.
Yum. Sour cream sounds good. Yes, quiche is good with spices baked into it, if you don't want ketchup. 🧂

From instant coffee to instant friendships.
It would work for me...instantly. ☕

Yes. Banjo told me Froggie wants a walk.
Was that a fib? I'd hate to accuse my perfect angel Lady of fibbing, but....🤔

If my neighbors don’t talk yet, they are about to start! I do have a really tiny harness.
Say what? Are you in the habit of taking toys for walks? Or some other tiny creature? :headscratch:

Right away, I noticed the Georgians putting ketchup on EVERYTHING.
We NYers do this. We put sauce or condiments on everything. It's all about the sauce. 👍

I never have been much on pie unless it is Boston Creme.
Do you like pot pie? That's the best. 🥧

I would never eat again (animal products. I prefer mine oinking.
Awww, I love that. It gave me the warmest feeling and picture in my mind. 🐷🐖

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to to TCS and the wonderful world of cats. What a beauty! So she adopted you--feel honored! I hope you find many helpful threads here on living with cats. I take care of outdoor kitties and believe me there are some sweeties out there who would love to be adopted. I have had no success yet, but hopefully soon. I also have indoor kitties, love cats and animals in general. I see you owned Huskies, Huskies and Malamutes are my favorite dog breeds. Gorgeous dogs!

Well, welcome once again also thank you for taking this lovely gal in and giving her a good home. I am sure she is so grateful to be off the streets.

:purr:
We finally got her to the vet last week (quite a stressful experience for her) for a check-up possible spaying and vaccinations. She also had a FIV snap test that was positive. Taking her back in a couple of week for labs (full labs and a FIV confirmation) to make sure it wasn't a false positive and if any other issues are present.
She was spayed according to vet, after shaving her belly they found a tattoo indicating spaying. We now suspect neighbors two houses away dumped her and moved about the time she started showing up starving. She's not the friendliest cat and is scared of everyone but the wife and I. Suspect she was an outside cat of the neighbors and they didn't really care about her.
Anyway it's been over two-years to get her to where she's at now, majority house cat that loves my wife and tolerates me..
Thanks for the replies and take care..
IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1294.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Around here the shelters want to start adoptions at about six weeks but I never agreed with that. Kittens need longer with the mom to avoid separation anxiety and a life long obsession with sucking on things like blankets or towels. (Or humans! Lol)
Let's hear it for the "AND HUMANS!" Hekitty is a major "smurggler." That's what it is called...smurggling. Her favorite (only) spot is the inside of my right elbow. Because she kneads so enthusiastically, I generally look as if my right arm is stricken with some obscure skin disease. I think she may outgrow it...she's only 13 years old! Almost. April 1...MUST BUY MOST EXCELLENT BIRTHDAY GIFT!

My neighbor's cat has had kittens...again. The neighbor (Jamila) was saving to get Tuxie fixed, but her job went *POOF* due to COVID, and Tux is sneaky and determined. Two nights ago, she gave birth to six precious little tabbies who look JUST LIKE SCAMPER! I think I'm a GRAMMA! As soon as Scamp can be picked up, off to the vet he goes for snipping, AND as soon as the kittens are weaned, I've told Jamila that I'm taking Tux for spaying. She can pay me back whenever, or never...I'm doing this for Tuxie!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
We finally got her to the vet last week (quite a stressful experience for her) for a check-up possible spaying and vaccinations. She also had a FIV snap test that was positive. Taking her back in a couple of week for labs (full labs and a FIV confirmation) to make sure it wasn't a false positive and if any other issues are present.
She was spayed according to vet, after shaving her belly they found a tattoo indicating spaying. We now suspect neighbors two houses away dumped her and moved about the time she started showing up starving. She's not the friendliest cat and is scared of everyone but the wife and I. Suspect she was an outside cat of the neighbors and they didn't really care about her.
Anyway it's been over two-years to get her to where she's at now, majority house cat that loves my wife and tolerates me..
Thanks for the replies and take care..
View attachment 372821View attachment 372821
I wish you all the best with this new kitty. Thank you for taking her in. I hope the snap test was a false positive. I know a few people who had that happened when their kitties were tested. If it does turnnout your kitty is FIV+, do not worry. This is a wonderful site full of cat lovers who will share their knowledge and experience with you. Don't be afraid to put up a thread, if you have any questions about anything. 🙂

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
H Husky44 I had logged off for today but just saw your post. I had to take a minute to come back and respond. I hope the next FIV test is negative. That happens a lot. Even so, I have an FIV positive kitty and he is doing very well. He was in my previous post. The tabby and white. He is a middle aged previous feral. Keeping him healthy is more about keeping him away from other sick kitties. He is unlikely to pass it to other cats that are healthy. I do keep him and my Felv cat in different parts of my house to avoid sharing food and water dishes or litter boxes. Thank goodness you brought that sweet kitty inside. Exposure for her outside would have been very bad for her life expectancy. Shame on those who left her! I am so very grateful to you both for taking action and being part of a solution when so many others are a part of the cat abandonment problem which affects us all. I see that she is still adjusting but I can tell you have great respect for her and her life and she will come to understand that you are not like others that had been in her life. Cats are so smart. Once she feels secure in her new loving home, I think you will see her settle down a lot. There are little things that can be done to help her to trust and adjust if you need any tips. Many of us have worked to socialize strays, ferals and neglected or abused kitties. All my kitties were traumatized to some level but now are the most loving and sweet, caring beings I could ever hope to have around me. The rewards from a cat like that will be great. I love the photos! Sending purrs for you all! :vibes::purr:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I was hoping that Bonnie could convince BJ to play but I nearly fell over laughing when BJ gave the toy a kick to the curb. BJ is all about the ladies. I’m afraid the only kind of hat Bonjure would even consider would be more of a baby bonnet. :rolleyes: Lol I doubt that BJ would approve of that.

M maggiedemi I don’t know if Lady fibbed. Maybe the kitties cane up with that to get me to stop doing paperwork. You know, for my sake they thought I needed a beak. Lol

I don’t take toys for walks but if Lady wanted that, I would accommodate. Lol I have a small harness because I used it to get kittens started on harness training when I had babies here that I knew were going places where the raining would be good. Like Shakespeare who is taken for walks in a larger park. The harness is too small for anyone here now.

I forgot about pot pies! I love pot pie but it must be gluten free and many have ingredients I can’t have now. I do like that kind of pie though!
Now I want a pot pie!

Aww! Hekitty has a birthday soon! Early Happy Birthday Hekitty!:redheartpump:
So she loves to sample her human with Smorggling? Lol I know what you mean about your arm looking injured. Like this?
72E8F4EE-3B5B-4BC0-94F4-FD2991411372.jpeg

Purry does a combination of sucking and nibbling with his little from teeth. This is a Purry Hickey! The suckling isn’t bad but when he is deeply happy the nibbling starts. Ouch! He lost his mom early and it still shows. Poor sweet babies just need that secure felling with their human family. Purrs accompany the smorggling.
Scamper has done his share of scampering with the ladies!! Baby Smapers! How precious! Tux was sneaky. Are discount spays and neuters available there? Coupons or certificates to help with vet costs?

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Very good mention of the false positive on FIV tests! It does happen pretty often. All good advice and information. Thank you for posting that! :heartshape:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Experts recommend not adopting kittens below 12 weeks of age. Let them stay with their mom. And never spay a nursing queen! Her milk would dry up. She needs that to feed her babies.
Yes, noted. Thank you. The kittens will stay with us until after they are weaned for sure. I am not even sure anyone is willing to adopt, so I might end up having them all. It is also going to be summer here, and summers here are extremely cruel. So if no one is wiling I cannot allow to have the momma cat and her babies returned outside as what my other friends suggested. I am always horrified with whatever comes out of these people's mouths.

I will be posting photos in the next several days. But so far they look healthy. :)

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I love that. It's all in the de tails. :)

My precious angel princess. Swoon. 👑

What does goat milk taste like, is it good? I saw some at Walmart, but it's really expensive. Might be good in coffee? 🐐🥛☕

That sounds like something sweet Prints would say! Have those two been hanging out together? :)

I love anything exciting! 👍
"What does goat milk taste like, is it good? I saw some at Walmart, but it's really expensive. Might be good in coffee? 🐐🥛☕"
I tried it a long time ago but I don't remember what it tastes like. I do remember I didn't like it.

Last edited:

Husky44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
H Husky44 I had logged off for today but just saw your post. I had to take a minute to come back and respond. I hope the next FIV test is negative. That happens a lot. Even so, I have an FIV positive kitty and he is doing very well. He was in my previous post. The tabby and white. He is a middle aged previous feral. Keeping him healthy is more about keeping him away from other sick kitties. He is unlikely to pass it to other cats that are healthy. I do keep him and my Felv cat in different parts of my house to avoid sharing food and water dishes or litter boxes. Thank goodness you brought that sweet kitty inside. Exposure for her outside would have been very bad for her life expectancy. Shame on those who left her! I am so very grateful to you both for taking action and being part of a solution when so many others are a part of the cat abandonment problem which affects us all. I see that she is still adjusting but I can tell you have great respect for her and her life and she will come to understand that you are not like others that had been in her life. Cats are so smart. Once she feels secure in her new loving home, I think you will see her settle down a lot. There are little things that can be done to help her to trust and adjust if you need any tips. Many of us have worked to socialize strays, ferals and neglected or abused kitties. All my kitties were traumatized to some level but now are the most loving and sweet, caring beings I could ever hope to have around me. The rewards from a cat like that will be great. I love the photos! Sending purrs for you all! :vibes::purr:
We did the usual when she first showed up, posted on nextdoor, facebook and put up flyers on the community mail boxes.
She loves my wife and follows her around like a dog, sleeps on her lap and next to her on the bed at night. She tolerates me
because I feed and play with her.
Anyway we're getting all the labs done and her vaccination boosters done in two-weeks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she's only 13 years old! Almost. April 1
Happy Bday Queen Hekitty! I should have known you would arrange to be born on April Fool's Day. :thumbsup:

taking action and being part of a solution when so many others are a part of the abandonment problem. I see that she is still adjusting but I can tell you have great respect for her and her life and she will come to understand that you are not like others that had been in her life. Once she feels secure in her new loving home, I think you will see her settle down a lot. There are little things that can be done to help her to trust and adjust. Many of us have worked to socialize strays, ferals, neglected, traumatized but now are the most loving and sweet, caring beings I could ever hope to have around me.
Hmmm...Does this remind you of somebody, when I remove all the cat references? 🤔

I nearly fell over laughing when BJ gave the toy a kick to the curb.
Did he really dropkick it with his back leg? BJ is so cool. I need a video of that next time. 😎

I love pot pie but it must be gluten free
I got my mom a Blake's gluten free pot pie in our Walmart order today. They also have shepherd's pie. Here is a pic:
1615416612331.png
1615416626962.png

This is a Purry Hickey!
Hickey?! This is a family site....:lol:

Here they are:
Awww...I think I see a rainbow colored Calico kitten. 😍

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Support given. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Curious about Goats milk now. Lol There is a pet supply boutique that has it. Maybe we’ll all give it a taste.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am often repulsed by the comments made by others in response to animals. I can’t help myself. When I respond it is always to educate. It kind of puts me on my soapbox. Whether they are educated or not, they don’t usually make comments like that to me again. I always end it with ,” If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Please be part of the solution!”;)

H Husky44 You have done everything right! That is a very lucky kitty. I hope all goes well at the next vet appointment. Kitty sounds very, very happy. You helped to make everyone’s day here!

M maggiedemi Hekitty will appreciate the wishes!

Remind me of someone? I think I know what you mean.;)

BJ did kick the toy. I think he would have covered it up if it had been in sand. Lol

I have had those pot pies. They are pretty good but I can eat two of those. Lol I like the crust the best. Pepper on it. I cannot eat the Sheppards pie because of other ingredients. The trick it finding those in stock around here.
Family site! Purry! :lol::purr:

I knew you would love the calico! Me too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Support given. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Curious about Goats milk now. Lol There is a pet supply boutique that has it. Maybe we’ll all give it a taste.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I am often repulsed by the comments made by others in response to animals. I can’t help myself. When I respond it is always to educate. It kind of puts me on my soapbox. Whether they are educated or not, they don’t usually make comments like that to me again. I always end it with ,” If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Please be part of the solution!”;)

H Husky44 You have done everything right! That is a very lucky kitty. I hope all goes well at the next vet appointment. Kitty sounds very, very happy. You helped to make everyone’s day here!

M maggiedemi Hekitty will appreciate the wishes!

Remind me of someone? I think I know what you mean.;)

BJ did kick the toy. I think he would have covered it up if it had been in sand. Lol

I have had those pot pies. They are pretty good but I can eat two of those. Lol I like the crust the best. Pepper on it. I cannot eat the Sheppards pie because of other ingredients. The trick it finding those in stock around here.
Family site! Purry! :lol::purr:

I knew you would love the calico! Me too.
I like that ending. On twitter, I characterize myself as "raspy aspy" and in "real" life I tell people I'm not here to win a popularity contest, or pull punches when it comes to something I care about. Devoting life to advocacy on behalf of cats, and others, isn't always popular. Neither were any of the other advocacy movements, before they were. We don't change things by being PC and I couldn't care less about cancel culture or popularity when it comes to ANYTHING/ONE I care about. It's about THEM, not the often uninformed detractors. Who even asked them? I'd be inclined to give 'em the BJ treatment! :yess:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote You just gave me my smile post for today! Oh my! They are beautiful! Are they all calico? They remind me of my Gingerbread babies. You will see Bright in all my posts! Her mother was Calico and her brother was marked a lot like one of your babies. Mostly white but calico markings too. His name was Avatar. There was one other baby, an orange tabby male. They did get adopted and Bright got adopted with her mom. I still have their Aunt, Callie. I hope you can find loving homes when the time comes but if not, Calicos are super sweet kitties. They are a nice part of the rainbows of the kitty world. Thank you so much for the photo!
Music to my eyes! This is for your ears! Lol

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote You just gave me my smile post for today! Oh my! They are beautiful! Are they all calico? They remind me of my Gingerbread babies. You will see Bright in all my posts! Her mother was Calico and her brother was marked a lot like one of your babies. Mostly white but calico markings too. His name was Avatar. There was one other baby, an orange tabby male. They did get adopted and Bright got adopted with her mom. I still have their Aunt, Callie. I hope you can find loving homes when the time comes but if not, Calicos are super sweet kitties. They are a nice part of the rainbows of the kitty world. Thank you so much for the photo!
5d9b742af199133f9854cbf36903b964.gif

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry. Some glitch here. I'd like to delete the post but can't. MOD feel free to do so.

KI

*LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for sharing with us!*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.