My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, but it seems that there is an invisible magnetic (catnetic?) field around Jcatbird's place that draws the lost or lonesome kitties to her. Witness how Wanda Heart, and now Prints seemingly came from nowhere to her door. A homing signal? Just one of life's mysteries, I guess.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wine with that cheese?:flail:No. But maybe a little Whiney at times.
I have to call out the cheesy when I see it. I'm the cheese police I guess. 👮‍♀️

Prints/Prince spelling!
Which spelling is on his birth certificate? I like either one. 👑🐾

I could never hurt anything.
Awww, I like that part. I always love a happy ending. Prints is quite the storyteller! 📖

draws the lost or lonesome kitties to her.
Hmmm....Sounds familiar....Lost or lonesome kitties & humans. ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 She needs to be transferred from Alice in Wonderland to The Wizard of Oz. She obviously needs the Wizard to give her a heart! Very glad for the rent reduction though!
If you make Turtle Doves next year, we want pictures!! :lol:

@Prints does have a very expressive face. His little nose does have color on the tip. It’s not the light pink like Banjo but a darker dusty rose shade. It does go to a lighter color on the side to. Here is a nose close up!
336A4A9D-D5A7-4E81-A137-9A961AFD26FE.jpeg

Thank you! If I rock, it comes from
Kitty love. :catlove:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man That must be the singing that leads them in. Froggie might be part merman. Lol I really do wonder how these kitties all showed up here. Those first kittens were sitting at my back flower bed. Little kitten flowers. They scattered at first but then insisted on staying. Cats just appeared like some great kitty migration. Now you don’t see them, now you do! Lol Wanda Heart and Prints were surprises! I thought I had totally cleared this whole area, woods, yard and swamp. It’s a bit more understandable if a litter appears but single kittens? I wonder what story Wanda Heart could tell?
“I felt this energy pulling me! I couldn’t stop my little paws from traveling on that catetic path! I heard a bump, bump of a beating heart. It was waiting for me!”:hearthrob: Lol “ My own heart Wandaed right in!”

M maggiedemi Mayou McCheese! Lol Okay, You have every right to arrrst my for that last one. Lol

Prints is the one on his birth certificate but I did that with Prince in my mind too. He is a frog Prince but when he first put his little paws on my heart and kept them there, he put his prints on my heart. Then I saw the spots. Frog Prints on his fur. The whole thing just fit him and he answered to Prints right away. He chooose his name and showed me what it should be. Very expressive kitty!

I always love the stories the kitties tell. Every one of them has told me a story. They like happy endings to!

Lost or lonesome have a place. Always.:hugs::catlove:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so tired tonight my eyelids are drooping. Lol My neighbor is very sick so besides my own errands, I went to get him some supplies to leave at his doorstep. I left very early, after feeding all, cleaning all water bowls and refilling and panning for gold. Off to do some important errands. Some were things I was looking forward too. I got through two places and ...... car trouble! The noise coming from the van sounded like a Banshee! At first I thought it was the fighter jets above me. Nope! I stopped and let things cool down before opening the hood. Oil, okay, transmission fluid okay. I went inside and bought water in case I ended up needing it for the radiator. As I jad the hood up, a young man who worked at Lowe’s stopped to offer help. Very sweet! He rechecked the fluids. All okay. The sound seems to be a bearing or pulley. I have a suspicion it could be related to the alternator but hoping not! Traffic became heavy so I decided to try and go straight home. I made it! Slow trip home but I got here. Next will be trying to find an good place to get the work done. Unh. I am tired and the cats were worried so, off to snuggle cats tonight! They need a little bit of extra snuggling and I don’t mind that at all. Lol We’ll be back after we get some rest.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know, but it seems that there is an invisible magnetic (catnetic?) field around Jcatbird's place that draws the lost or lonesome kitties to her.
"There is a certain destiny that leads a hungry cat to the right door." Not sure if that is Lilian Jackson Braun, or Shirely Rousseau Murphy. Braun, I think.

If you make Turtle Doves next year, we want pictures!! :lol:
I've already found a source for both turtles AND wings!

It's Prints the Prince
Prince Prints.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little kitten flowers.
Now that you mention it, all my cats over the years have popped up like flowers at just the right time. 🌻🌷🌹

Did you make up another new word? I like the sound of it, but not sure exactly what it means. :think:

Prints is the one on his birth certificate but I did that with Prince in my mind too.
Yes, I like that unique spelling best, the play on words, it comes out sounding like Prince. Brilliant. 🐾

Lost or lonesome have a place. Always.
Better leave a light on just in case. ;)

panning for gold
Hmmm...Somehow I don't think we have the same idea about treasure hunting. 🌈💰💵

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom He is the Prince of all Prints! Lol I love the frond fans!

N NY cat man Thank you! That helps with some better beginnings! Lol I did know a little about the idler pulley. I stood in pouring rain today wiggling things! :lol: The one pulley I could see and reach didn’t seem lose but I have no idea if that WAS to the idler. The noise was during idling but isn’t there now. The belt I could reach is not worn or lose/slipping from what I see. Of course, no one can come right now but I may have someone to help “look” by the weekend. A friend that I called, called him. He happens to be out of town working right now but he has worked on vehicles for decades. He comes recommended by my truck driver friend who used him on his personal vehicles. He may be able to do a repair or suggest someone trustworthy. The way they build things now, it just isn’t something I can repair myself this time. Rats! Lol I prefer to repair things myself. I have a feeling that you totally understand that! At least it didn’t run hot or sling a belt on the way home! I was really thinking it would. Rush hour traffic and twenty miles from home. I couldn’t even call Banjo to come and get me! I guess I should have let her buy that Catillac after all but after seeing that video rubysmama rubysmama found with , what looked like Banjo, driving away from police...... !!! Lol
If it’s okay, I will keep you posted as more info comes in. I won’t be driving it for now. Thanks for the positive thoughts!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That is going to be soooo funny! I think a display of a Cartridge in a bare tree and Two Turtle Doves together would be very cool! Soooo next you need three berets and three hens? Four birds with telephones?

Can anyone make a visual play on the 5 Golden rings? I think I’m stuck after the four calling birds. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! I’m hoping! I have to have that van! Or something! Maybe Froggie could give me a lift. Lol

M maggiedemi They do show up like flowers! Lol If another boy shows up, maybe he is a Bud? Lol Actually.... read down.

Catetic should have been catnetic! Lol As in cat magnetic. When I type catnetic spellcheck changes it. Not sure why but not me for a change!:banana2::woo::bunnydance:

If catetic is a word, I have no idea what it means either. We can give it a meaning. Cat pathetic? Catetic or cathetic Definition from Banjo is A cat that won’t give stink eye when it is deserved.

I’ll leave a light on!
As for treasure, panning for gold can mean a treasure if you haven’t seen it when it should be there! ;) Oh thank goodness. A clump of gold in the litter box! I do wish it would turn into 24 karats though!
🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕
Not those carrots!

I got a call tonight. I walked over to the neighbors house and was told about a crying cat. This neighbor actually cared! They had seen an orange cat , a big one, but every time they opened the door it took off. I went looking in the rain. I heard it and started talking to it. I came home and got food. When I went back I saw a little orange face. I put the food down and kept talking.The kitty was under my back shed. It finally came out and started eating. I reached out and started touching the back of his neck and slowly moved to a light stroke. It looked at me but kept eating. This continued through a second serving and a third! It was NOT a big cat. It is about a seven or eight month old kitten. White paws and ginger tabby. After eating it let me pet lightly. Obviously not feral! I know of someone who bottle raised a ginger and it should be about this age but he had “gotten rid” of it when family complained! He told me he gave it away. Yeah. I came home and got a carrier. More food in the back, which he ate but hissed when I tried to get him inside. A few swats later I stopped. The neighbor was watching out the window. I asked them to open their door, turn off the TV and go into another room. Lol Yep! I got the kitten to follow me into their place! It took some convincing, some “checking out the place”, but it worked. I was able to pet and then hold the kitten. Then my neighbor was able to get a foot rubbing from kitty. I closed the door. The kitten has everything he needs there for now. The elderly neighbor lives alone and he and kitten were together in a chair when I last looked. Later tonight I called and the kitten was asleep in the bed with the neighbor. I told the neighbor when we first spoke that I could not keep the cat if I caught it. Looks like that may not be a problem! A lonely guy and a lonely kitten may have found family together. I supplied all the kitten needs at the moment and I will gladly help with spay/neuter etc. as soon as my van is safe. The neighbors son stopped in and when I spoke to him on the phone, he is also taken with the kitten and thinks his father could use the company. I will have to check around but as M maggiedemi pointed out, flowers and cats can appear just when we need them. I hope this is the love match I think it is. I couldn’t get pictures tonight. Rain and dark but I’ll get some later. I think it is a Gingerbread boy! His eyes are the same color as Wanda Hearts eyes! I just hope that the “suspected” owner does not want him back. This is not something that can be hidden but I can turn the cat over and file a complaint, then put in legally to help the neighbor to adopt if he wants the kitten. I’m not sure how this will play out and I certainly don’t need to cause the “suspected” owner to become a problem. He lives close. I think that if the elderly neighbor wants him and shows the other person that, I can convince him to allow this to stay as it is now. He happens to love plants and I can supply plenty of those! Maybe everyone can end up happy! I will do all I can. Good vibes, prayers, hopes and purrs please! Gotta go dry off now! Maybe a hot shower first? My kitties are sniffing me!

Do you smell that Bj? Smells like Gingerbread to me!
6FD0F699-D15E-484E-A168-D2B6C7E12306.jpeg

I don’t know Flowers. I just smell you! Could it be a Bud?
70751E43-EF35-45F8-9EEF-4CFD7727D845.jpeg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, but it seems that there is an invisible magnetic (catnetic?) field around Jcatbird's place that draws the lost or lonesome kitties to her. Witness how Wanda Heart, and now Prints seemingly came from nowhere to her door. A homing signal? Just one of life's mysteries, I guess.
Didn't you know that there is a "Cat Underground Verbal Network"? They can use it to find the kindest, most caring people, in case of need... The word gets around.

My mom was listed on "The Network"....

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I called this morning and the kitty is completely house trained and a great little kitty. I will be working on figuring out what I have to do next as far as the “rules.” The neighbor intends to talk to the person we think “raised” him. It may be complicated but hoping for a good resolution. The neighbor is unsure about keeping him due to his own age and health issues. :doh: Still, it’s hard to let them go if you get attached. I am offering to do vet care.:lovecat4: He is out of the storm and there will be protection put in place

artiemom artiemom Hi! Thank you for weighing in here. An underground cat network. Lol I do believe that! Your mom was listed too?:) I think we have a homing system. I must have been chipped early on. Lol It probably sends out purrs.I wouldn’t want it any other way.:hugs:

BellaGooch BellaGooch I keep wondering how they make it here. There is thick swamp, water and woods on one side and huge fence. There are neighbors beside me but they also have fencing and aren’t cat people. It’s an active home that I would think would scare kitties. Behind me is a busy road and in front, a very busy highway. That underground network must actually be a sky way. Lol Bridge over troubled waters.
Furballsmom Furballsmom Me too! I don’t know if this will be an easy one but definitely hoping. As little fuss as possible. It isn’t over until the Cat Lady sings! ;) Warming up the vocal chords!

I am probably going to be walking down to that “ suspected owners” house. It going to be a very long day. I’ll be making calls later as needed. Unh. Somewhere in here, i needing a nap. If you hear snoring tonight instead of finding a post.... just me! :lol:😴:sleepycat::sleepycat::sleepycat::sleepycat::sleepycat: And a few cats!

This is a good song for anyone rescuing cats. We are there. I hope everyone can see it. It is Bridge Over Troubled Waters and can be found on YouTube.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for smiles today..... Mackie was listening as I played the music. I was trying to get pictures of him and had to cover my face to stay out of the photos but.....

95A420EA-48B7-4FE6-803D-451D1C6997E4.jpeg

He didn’t approve.
1F0D4905-9FF7-4427-A732-D77BE581D597.jpeg

First he checked it out...
DD6D70D6-A344-4280-BC7F-21485CDD373F.jpeg

Gave “the look!” ...
A84BB173-615E-4AA3-B5F2-344A0F7DB64F.jpeg

And proceeded to remove the cloth!
4559D11C-1384-4C87-A620-8F6DA8B8933F.jpeg

It didn’t take long....
51656F8B-040E-4344-9A60-F50DDCFF810F.jpeg

Until he had completely pulled the cover down.
1626C07E-A97A-4895-8E56-7737C7B0FCDD.jpeg

He checked to see if I was okay....
C8C245E9-522B-4AC6-9877-E7187A7AF791.jpeg

And then I think he wanted me to join him in singing. lol
A0317E3A-B685-4349-9F74-1ECD8FF81E3A.jpeg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man That must be the singing that leads them in. Froggie might be part merman. Lol I really do wonder how these kitties all showed up here. Those first kittens were sitting at my back flower bed. Little kitten flowers. They scattered at first but then insisted on staying. Cats just appeared like some great kitty migration. Now you don’t see them, now you do! Lol Wanda Heart and Prints were surprises! I thought I had totally cleared this whole area, woods, yard and swamp. It’s a bit more understandable if a litter appears but single kittens? I wonder what story Wanda Heart could tell?
“I felt this energy pulling me! I couldn’t stop my little paws from traveling on that catetic path! I heard a bump, bump of a beating heart. It was waiting for me!”:hearthrob: Lol “ My own heart Wandaed right in!”

M maggiedemi Mayou McCheese! Lol Okay, You have every right to arrrst my for that last one. Lol

Prints is the one on his birth certificate but I did that with Prince in my mind too. He is a frog Prince but when he first put his little paws on my heart and kept them there, he put his prints on my heart. Then I saw the spots. Frog Prints on his fur. The whole thing just fit him and he answered to Prints right away. He chooose his name and showed me what it should be. Very expressive kitty!

I always love the stories the kitties tell. Every one of them has told me a story. They like happy endings to!

Lost or lonesome have a place. Always.:hugs::catlove:
Sure wish we could get Gypsy and you together so she could tell you her story. She was 1 or 2 (vets guess) when she allowed us to become her beloved minions back in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.