My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stood in pouring rain today wiggling things!
That sounds exciting! 😲

catnetic! Lol As in cat magnetic
Is that like animal magnetism? :headscratch:

Cat pathetic? Catetic or cathetic Definition from Banjo is A cat that won’t give stink eye when it is deserved.
Oh Banjo, you're quite salty tonight! I like it. :thumbsup:

he and kitten were together in a chair when I last looked. Later tonight I called and the kitten was asleep in the bed with the neighbor.
What the heck! That was fast. Hopefully it sticks & they stick together. :crossfingers:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Oh, that’s a good one for golden rings!

Actually the underground network of cats do tell a story about a cat named Gypsy. I can start to tell it and you can tell me if it might be about your Gypsy.
The first year ( or two) she was living in a beautiful painted wagon with a traveling band of frogs.
The wagon was pulled by the band of bullfrogs she had befriended when she was a kitten and they were still tadpoles. She had kept the little tadpoles safe from predators and when they grew their powerful legs, they offered to take her on a great adventure. The first thing they did together was to build a house on wheels. They used twigs and vines to weave the little house. The wheels were made of mushroom tops. Then the frogs used clay of different colors to paint the little house and keep it water tight and warm during storms. They made sure to build the house large enough for everyone to sleep curled up together. Once the wagon was finished, the kitty and the frogs made harnesses of grapevines so the wagon could be pulled. Early one morning, they began their adventure. To be continued! Lol

BellaGooch BellaGooch The cats do tend have interesting expressions. Lol I love watching them. They have plenty to say using cat speak.:) I think all cats do though.

M maggiedemi That was a really good one! I guess it could be Animal magnetism! Lol

Wiggling car parts in the rain exciting? Heh. More like, just wet. If I could have found the issue and fixed it, that really would have been exciting!

Banjo salty.:lol: Yes! She has her moments. Sweet and salty!

That little cat is tame. We have had constant rain and a storm coming. He was starving too. He was very wise in his choice to come in out of the rain and accept the warm hearts that were offered. Cats are so smart! He’s a cutie! I really have to stop Banjo from kissing Froggie so much! Another cat Prince! Or, as you said, another flower?

pearl99 pearl99 That is the most beautiful golden ring I have ever seen! Priceless. That really is a precious photo.:redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Storm coming. Lots of rain for us! Banjo made me go out and check on Froggie. Lol

66A6CF9B-FE12-417B-ACED-EF36320669E8.jpeg

She always worries about him.
E0EBCB84-34A9-43BB-BDEC-31759FBEE908.jpeg

Okay, I’m going Banjo!
E4E72E96-5976-45EC-9A79-9FE97A461988.jpeg

Take a flashlight?
3B48BF4E-0B00-4380-AE34-FD15CEE2F076.jpeg

Don’t worry about me BJ. I have it!
26DC48D8-9A6E-4E31-AB39-13EC966DF37D.jpeg

Lady? Yes, I know I will get wet! Lol
118BDCE1-826A-41F5-AE92-A098CFD60F8B.jpeg

Lady and BJ agree, I should just bring the frog inside!:lol:
0705D056-3102-48AE-80CC-CD64E35E3631.jpeg

Froggie! I see you have your life preserver handy! Bubbles do float well.
61211A7D-37C2-4A6B-8F4C-A7DDCE5B8A86.jpeg

Froggie is fine Banjo.
B0ED8AC0-3329-4CE6-88B0-CC8F6791AB85.jpeg

See! He came to tell you he is okay.
7FAAA16E-6D31-40C9-9253-C8FBBAF5A27B.jpeg

It was worth getting a little wet to see Banjo smile.
11138C77-5530-4E93-8E87-8A89CF5ADF73.jpeg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually the underground network of cats do tell a story about a cat named Gypsy. I can start to tell it and you can tell me if it might be about your Gypsy.
The first year ( or two) she was living in a beautiful painted wagon with a traveling band of frogs.
The wagon was pulled by the band of bullfrogs she had befriended when she was a kitten and they were still tadpoles. She had kept the little tadpoles safe from predators and when they grew their powerful legs, they offered to take her on a great adventure. The first thing they did together was to build a house on wheels. They used twigs and vines to weave the little house. The wheels were made of mushroom tops. Then the frogs used clay of different colors to paint the little house and keep it water tight and warm during storms. They made sure to build the house large enough for everyone to sleep curled up together. Once the wagon was finished, the kitty and the frogs made harnesses of grapevines so the wagon could be pulled. Early one morning, they began their adventure. To be continued! Lol
Jcatbird Jcatbird , have you thought about writing children's books? You would be amazing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That is going to be soooo funny! I think a display of a Cartridge in a bare tree and Two Turtle Doves together would be very cool! Soooo next you need three berets and three hens? Four birds with telephones?
GOOD GRIEF! This is getting interesting! Bet I can find a source for tiny phones for doll houses! Birds are easy. I think I can make the berets if I can find the hens! I think, for the "five golden rings" I could get little cats with happy tails, and drop brass ring closures, like you get for key rings, but smaller, over their tails and hot glue them into position!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 I would love to write for children. I don’t know anything about publishing though. I actually did some stories for my daughter and started the illustrations for one. Then.... lost my computer. Lol

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That will be the cutest display! As you know, I love word play but combined with a visual?!?!?:flail: Too cute!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few pictures of the Orange kitty! He is still nervous so I didn’t do many. Also, I don’t want to be too close to others and I think the mask may have scared him a little. I petted him and he loved it. I took some treats too. The neighbor is calling him Sherbert. Lol Kind of funny since he doesn’t know that I have an orange Sherbert too. ( Sherbie) Sherbert seems to be very content there. I was only with him a few minutes to check but he was acting fine. I have not spoken to the “possible previous owner”. He wasn’t home and I am not walking down there again. I’ll wait until I get the van fixed. It was a long walk! It’s just too rainy here right now.

Meet Sherbert the second! Lol He’s a little thin but getting fed a LOT!
006FB434-6B15-4A17-8D20-5E50740648EC.jpeg

Owes wearing an N95 mask and I think it scared him a little.
02D5F52A-E1E7-4BBD-A251-C53A9A5BAEE1.jpeg

He showed me the new flooring they are installing there so I think he has skills! Lol
A9E647DC-4971-4119-A1AB-5CF32F97ED12.jpeg

A few treats and he was licking his lips!
8B2D2D19-E8CF-4F67-9C1D-B9D4F9816D0D.jpeg

I am pretty sure that , mask or not, I am accepted as a good creature.
57CA62FA-E74C-4852-BA92-8E9546D79CFA.jpeg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few pictures of the Orange kitty! He is still nervous so I didn’t do many. Also, I don’t want to be too close to others and I think the mask may have scared him a little. I petted him and he loved it. I took some treats too. The neighbor is calling him Sherbert. Lol Kind of funny since he doesn’t know that I have an orange Sherbert too. ( Sherbie) Sherbert seems to be very content there. I was only with him a few minutes to check but he was acting fine. I have not spoken to the “possible previous owner”. He wasn’t home and I am not walking down there again. I’ll wait until I get the van fixed. It was a long walk! It’s just too rainy here right now.

Meet Sherbert the second! Lol He’s a little thin but getting fed a LOT! View attachment 358514
Owes wearing an N95 mask and I think it scared him a little.
View attachment 358515
He showed me the new flooring they are installing there so I think he has skills! Lol
View attachment 358516
A few treats and he was licking his lips!
View attachment 358517
I am pretty sure that , mask or not, I am accepted as a good creature.
View attachment 358518
Sherbert the Second is a cutie pie!!! Lol. He's even posing for the camera.😺😸😻😽

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one gold ring, need 4 more to make five:
That's quite the treasure you got there. 😍

Banjo salty.:lol: Yes! She has her moments. Sweet and salty!
I love a feisty kitty. You have to admit Banjo gets things done & keeps everybody in line. :thumbsup:

He showed me the new flooring they are installing there
Awww, looks like he's gonna be a little helper to his new papa. It's a good sign that he named him already. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is, there's nothing better than TWO scoops of Sherbert!
I've been calling Demi "Pumpkin" lately. Must be all the pumpkin spice stuff I've been eating/drinking. :lol: He is pumpkin colored.

Today is Miss Ruby's 7th Gotcha Day
Happy Gotcha Day Ruby! Glad your mama gotcha. :catrub:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I do hope it works out with Sherbert staying with the neighbor. He tells me he has someone else who can take him if needed and his son also expressed affection and interest. I still haven’t spoken to the place where he may have originated. Still a bit unsettled but I think it’s going to work out well for Sherbert. My offer to help with vetting and spay/neuter remains.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose He is a cutie. I agree. He looks like he was posing! Lol

M maggiedemi Very good observation! Once we get attached and name them, there is a bond. I hope he does stay to help the new Daddy! They kind of need each other.

Banjo does keep everyone in line! Lol She is very organized and goal oriented. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama I just went to the birthday thread! I see that Lari Lari thinks Ruby looks regal too! The photo where she has her head cocked really made me smile! She is so precious! I think she is getting used to the camera.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Two scoops! True gold!

@dustydiamond1Agreed! Happy Gotcha to Ruby!

@Also agreed! I love orange Sherbert. Mom always gave me orange Sherbert when I had a sore throat as a kid. Lime too but I don’t have a lime cat. Lol;)

Furballsmom Furballsmom That guy already loves the kitty. He may not recognize that Sherbert is therapeutic but the problem is that the man has some pretty serious health issues. He is worried about being around for the kitty. It may be that a relative will agree to take Sherbert and let him live there for now. The man livealone and I try to watch out for him but I can’t tell how long he will be able to maintain alone. Caring for the cat may be difficult later. I can go over and help ( and would!) but I don’t know if the man will be there long term. If another person can take the cat and the fellow agrees..... we’ll have to do what is best for all involved. I do know that the fellow is getting joy from Sherbert. I heard about Sherbert following him around everywhere and sleeping on his tummy or just above him. I really hope they stay together. It’s a good match.

M maggiedemi Sooo you are seeing everything as Spicey or sweet lately? Lol I rescued a kitten once that I named Pumpkin. It got adopted. Its’ sibling was Pudding. (Chocolate!)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a while I have been hearing Lady call, as though to a kitten, as she goes from the back door to the front. Originally I thought she might be seeing something outside. ( Like Prints!) Maybe even the possum. She was ignoring everyone inside so.... not calling them! I have also been finding a pile of cat toys (inside)by the front door. Every time I have gotten up to see what Lady is calling, she runs to me. All investigation stops right there since she stops. :dunno: Has she been leading cats here by yelling? Is she answering a cat? Is she just interested in chasing something outside as prey? She will accompany me to the door! Well, tonight she started calling again while I was sitting on the sofa. Maybe this time iAs quietly as possible, I got up and stuck the camera around the corner. This is what the camera caught.

Lady carrying a furry baby!
5F52B72C-E4CA-41E8-B9B0-9F15901885BC.jpeg

As soon as she knew I was looking, she dropped it. Lol
6D88F787-0FA6-4C4F-BB70-D450C27D8234.jpeg

Awww! It’s the little Lamb toy!
BD17526E-10B3-4656-9168-910EBC46ACBB.jpeg

Is this your baby Lady?
A5B28C31-2384-444E-86ED-66E3B2F1FDF9.jpeg

No! I wasn’t carrying that! Not mine! Leaving now!
3EA4B180-2B02-46A3-B03E-FD7F1DF3C0A9.jpeg

:headscratch:
Kitties! Lol She piled a few toys by the door again. Getting rid of them? Claiming them? Taking them to a friend? Next time I’ll see what she does if I take her for a walk. Maybe she just wants to go outside and play!

Status
Not open for further replies.