My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was wondering about the flooding, oh my gosh, I had no idea you were in it ...

Somehow it managed to fly over an eleven foot tall building.
that's NUTS. Just nuts.

Mackie, not so much! Lol I always have to grin though. It’s like medicating an octopus! Octocat! He has at least eight paws! He sent the syringe flying across the room last night! I could swear he laughed afterwards!
Mackie!! Listen to your mama!!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF! I'm gone for a few days, and y'all just keep on talking, and it took me an hour to read it all and I KNOW I missed some details! 3 days with a virus, and another 2 getting my internet service back on track (it was inert net for a bit)!

One of my dearest friends had allergies to perfume, too. She really didn't want to be around most scents.
LOL, you're going to love this...one of my friends is allergic to the ink that the Treasury Department uses! She can handle the scents, but NOT the dollars!

BJ is now free of heartworms!
That's just "absurd good news!!!" One candle down, and another lit!
00ThanksCandle.jpeg

I am also grateful for every kitty that finds sanctuary.
I think that "sanctuary" may be one of the loveliest words in the English language!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wind was really something! I’m the middle of the state buildings are blown down. They haven’t decided if it was tornadoes but just the wind could have done it. I have branches down everywhere and watching the really tall trees out front as they bent and swayed was intimidating. They are a distance from the house but tall enough that if they came down this way, they would hit the house.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I’m so glad you have recovered your health. Also your internet.
We do just keep talking!!:lol: So many kitties and so little time! I do hope you saw the photos of January. Also the photo of the little rescue from Florida. That is the one we struggled so to get to a new home far, far away. Handsome Harry is quite well and happily ensconced in his new sanctuary. Sanctuary is a most beautiful word! It means so much in my mind. Peace, comfort, safety and a place for freedom and life. Perhaps not the strictest definition, but mine.:) Glad you are back!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We are in flood stages here. I had to spend much of the day clearing debris away from the yard to prevent the drains in the washing machine or septic from being flooded. It will take several days for the water to go down on the river. I hope we have some sunny days! The river won’t crest for a couple of more days.
Do take good care!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do take good care!
Thank you! We will! I just got a flat bottomed boat. I’ve wanted one for some time and managed to get one in case I ever need to get the kitties out of water. I got it a couple of days ago so still need to get paddles and a few other things ironed out but at least I can get the kitties to high ground if needed. That was always my big concern so now, we’ll be fine.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG........Never a dull moment at chez jcatbird!

I just got a flat bottomed boat...in case I ever need to get the kitties out of water. ...at least I can get the kitties to high ground if needed.
Now, add just a little imagination to those few words........and, voilà: the launch of Kitty Cruise Lines :crackup:

Hope you have a bottle of tuna juice for her christening...........and, that she'll remain in dry dock :flail:

Nonetheless, with emergency preparedness in mind........perhaps some tiller training for Banjo? (tho I'm not sure you'd want to leave the navigation role to her.....cats being not best known for 'as the crow flies' travel :lol:)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took everything out of the cat room and scrubbed, washed and sanitized.
Is it weird that this sounds exciting to me? You know I love being clean. :thumbsup:

I always hope for more moments like those special ones. They are cherished when they come. The jewels in the tapestry of our lives
I always think that it's the special little moments that add up to a life. May we all get more moments like this. :hugs:

I got sidetracked again! We are in flood stages here.
I heard that on the news & wondered if it was your area! Stay safe. :crossfingers:

Sanctuary is a most beautiful word! It means so much in my mind. Peace, comfort, safety and a place for freedom and life.
Sanctuary sounds perfect. Thanks for the definition. ;)

I just got a flat bottomed boat. I’ve wanted one for some time and managed to get one in case I ever need to get the kitties out of water.
We think alike. People think I'm crazy because I said that the cats get saved first & I won't leave them. 🚣‍♀️🐈

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 OMC that's a double whammy! Being down MAKES me sick! May you AND your system stay well! *And yes, I loved that. A pretty serious problem IMHO.*
M maggiedemi Well, may I join your club? I'm another one who gets excited about cleaning. Growing up, I used to think being domestic was uncool. I have many apologies due my mom, who kept the house so clean my dad would say you could eat off the floors. You may be jazzed to know I bought a NEW MOP a couple of days ago and I look forward to using it tomorrow. :yess::hyper:
Jcatbird Jcatbird :shocked::running:Very glad you got that boat. May all the accoutrements also be yours very soon! :fear:Having been through some heavy weather myself, I am glad to be here in L.A. Metro where we don't have hurricanes, typhoons, tsunami...and yeah, we DO have other scary stuff but at least I've lived with it most of my life so I'm kinda "used to" it in a way (accompanied by lots and lots of Prayer!)
I'm glad to hear the update about the kitten and my *PRAYERS* continue for this kitten to rally, recover, and thrive, in safety, comfort, good care, and Love always.
Also glad to hear that Froggie and fams are safe. Of course there is a lot of concern at Chez Catbird about those sweet little ones!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do hope you saw the photos of January. Also the photo of the little rescue from Florida. That is the one we struggled so to get to a new home far, far away.
I did! And loved them! I was thrilled to see Handsome Harry all nestled down in his new bed!

I'm another one who gets excited about cleaning.
Both you and M maggiedemi may come to my house at any given moment. My kitchen and bathroom stay clean, and I'm not a messy person, but floors just KILL my back, and I loathe dusting! I'm thinking about printing out a small notice, framing it, and putting in my living room...it will say "Dust Testing in progress! PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB SAMPLES!" I can also hear the dust bunnies under the bed growling and plotting! However, the side rails are very low, and there is NO WAY I can move the bed, so I can only hope that they don't attack in the night!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I am answering posts in reverse tonight! Dust bunnies growling?!?! No wonder Whistle is afraid of bunnies! It all makes purrfect sense now!
3FB89387-ABA5-4EBA-9D9D-8EDAE9904518.jpeg

No sign needed! I will never disturb your samples! Take my advice, leave your bunnies alone!
9E60268B-AAA9-443F-BEBC-3122804F6AE4.jpeg

I’m glad you saw the photos of January. Adorable!
I got a message about Harry tonight. He has grown enough that he can no longer fit into the harness he wore during his rescue drive to his new home! Gained at little weight! Lol Very good news.
Bravo J JaneLuvsCats ! Excellent job helping him to adjust to being indoor only. No longer a wandering and lost kitty. :clap2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The boat is something I have wanted for many years. I got caught in flood waters with Sarah once and always promised myself that I would get that boat. I have evacuated many times but now I live in a safer place. The water has not been deep enough to have to swim here yet but , just in case, I want to make sure I have a way to get the kitties out. There is higher ground near but cats just don’t like getting wet. Except maybe the Bengal boys. Lol I don’t want to try swimming with kitties. I would make a good flotation device but the claws might puncture me. Lol I’m glad you are in a better place now.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi The special moments do add up. Of course the , less special are building blocks. We need a foundation.
We do think alike. I have been left behind when I refused to leave the kitties but I was well prepared. You must keep that in mind. I had supplies for kitties and for me and a plan in place to keep all safe. The boat is an important extra now that flooding is more common. Evacuation can be done with kitties. I’ve evacuated 16 at once. A lady that had a sanctuary on an island near here evacuated all 60 cats a few years back. Someone who owned a wharehouse gave them shelter there. The sanctuary was very damaged so it was a great thing that all worked out to save those cats and the lady. I wish more humans offered sanctuary in cases like that. Like us, she was not going to leave the cats.

You and tarasgrl can come help clean ANY time!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I hope all is well there. I think you will appreciate this....lol

OMG........Never a dull moment at chez jcatbird!

Now, add just a little imagination to those few words........and, voilà: the launch of Kitty Cruise Lines :crackup:

Hope you have a bottle of tuna juice for her christening...........and, that she'll remain in dry dock :flail:

Nonetheless, with emergency preparedness in mind........perhaps some tiller training for Banjo? (tho I'm not sure you'd want to leave the navigation role to her.....cats being not best known for 'as the crow flies' travel :lol:)
True! Never dull! Lol

Kitty Cruise lines? Yes. All the ships should actually be Catamarans! The sail and tail lines! Furrever floating! I can picture Banjo wearing a captains hat! :lol: Gold Epurrlets at her shoulders. She loves the idea. I think BJ knows his way around since he always stayed under the stars outside so he can be the navigator.
E977994D-6D5C-4021-9AB1-B6B7A87EAE17.jpeg

Kodiak is resting up but she made ropes for the anchor today out of catnip.
5A1BFED0-E58D-4C15-9767-F97AA90BFCA3.jpeg

Thrasher will act as ships mouser.
F6CE639B-16AE-4A02-971C-84C7F9DE02DC.jpeg

Lady says she will stay in the crows nest as look out.
FEF40337-DE9F-4569-ADFA-D62B0E3FBF74.jpeg

Whistle will be boatswain to sound the bosuns call in case an alert needs to be made. Lol
DB91F52E-CB2F-4D78-95EF-5964991803FD.jpeg

Banjo went shopping because she liked your idea of christening the ship!!
C4EEFC4E-DD6D-4B08-91CF-1A9610DEA597.jpeg

I’ll lick the bow clean afterwards! Can we do it now? I guess the ship is the Chez Catbird? Unless someone has a better name. :flail:
Open for suggestions!! Maybe Sanctuary?
1ADF5F47-5FCF-4295-B90C-BC02F13340CB.jpeg

I spotted a heron in the yard today. The rain continued this afternoon.
4417E207-FD8B-405F-8DF8-F0A805CD47ED.jpeg

We open the tuna in the morning! :kitty:

Have a great night everyone! ☔:heartshape:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking about printing out a small notice, framing it, and putting in my living room...it will say "Dust Testing in progress! PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB SAMPLES!"
Apparently other people have had the same thought. :lol:

1581251459530.png

Then there's this one:
1581251428524.png

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I hope all is well there. I think you will appreciate this....lol
All's well here. Thanks for asking. :)

Kitty Cruise lines? Yes. All the ships should actually be Catamarans! The sail and tail lines! Furrever floating!
:lolup: :crackup::flail:

All humour aside, I'm glad you have the boat. Hopefully you won't ever need it, but I'm sure it's reassuring to know it's handy if you do.🚣‍♀️

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, may I join your club? I'm another one who gets excited about cleaning.
Yes! I love cleaning, but it's hard living with Miss Havisham, if you've ever seen that Dickens movie and watched that scene with all the dust you'll know what living with my mom is like. :sigh:

rally, recover, and thrive, in safety, comfort, good care, and Love always.
This sounds like heaven. May we all find this- humans & furbabies. :cloud9:

I would make a good flotation device but the claws might puncture me.
I can actually picture you doing this! Lying down like a boat & telling the kitties to jump on top of you. :lol:

building blocks. We need a foundation
True. Gotta be patient and make a good foundation first so it doesn't crumble. ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Rey glad that all is well there! The kitties are very curious about maritime law. Banjo won’t need a drivers liscense! Lol
I love the sign, Dust protects furniture! :flail:

M maggiedemi I do know the story of Miss Havisham! I read the book. She was twisted by the way she dealt with her life experiences. People can become bitter. So sad and I hope things improve for you. Nothing lasts forever. A good foundation can stand up to the storm.

I would totally act as a cat boat! Lol You made me laugh. I just hope they don’t paddle me too hard. :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.