My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 The boat has not gotten a final name yet. I don’t know if I’ll actually get the time to do it but I thought I’d paint her name on her. I adored the “Owl and the Pussycat” as a child. I had a “Golden book” of that and I still remember the illustrations. One Christmas my brother and I were given the book and hand puppets with it. One pussycat and one owl. He took custody of the cat. I got the owl. I still have mine whereas his was lost to history. Lol Of course much later in life, I got the chance to raise a baby Screech owl. Very small owls, they are amazing little birds. I hated saying goodbye when it was time for his release. He did stay nearby though and I often got a glimpse of him. That was wonderful. Seeing him flying free and, apparently happy, made up for having to let him go. I had kitties when I was raising him too. They often watched him from a distance. It reminded me of the pea green boat. The boat happens to be green! Not pea green but still.... lol
I just had to do this tonight!

Hmmmm. It doesn’t have big ears!
C17E3F87-A1DE-4D3A-8A9D-3A9096C5A440.jpeg

You’re a little owl?
61A4B96C-1FDF-4A03-BAC5-42282920EC38.jpeg

It’s not scary at all!
B858D262-DE4D-483C-AE6C-172999ED5A7A.jpeg

I think an owl and a pussycat could be friends!
4F0D6B57-64D5-4E06-BE29-4B5EBCD77F6B.jpeg

I like this story. We’ll sail away together on a beautiful pea green boat.
B0EBB6F6-6D31-4DC3-9134-DB11DF2A03DE.jpeg

My brother likes the owl.
76214848-3F51-4D75-8351-7560F975E15A.jpeg

I’ll let him share a spot on the boat with Froggie. I like his green eyes!
BE538780-036F-4ACB-8FB3-DD50CCBB57B9.jpeg

Now there’s a new twist to the story! The owl and the pussycats sail away with the frog! Another magical ending. :kitty:
🦉:tabbycat::bicolorcat:🐸 A hoppy furmily! Now that’s really a hoot! Furballsmom Furballsmom

Have a great night/morning everyone!:heartshape:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Excellent suggestions. I have the Victor Flea lights in each room and they double as great night lights. Dual purpose. I love things that multi task!!:lol:
I have one light sensor LED light in my bedroom which is recycled from the ones that have been used for quite awhile as it is not so bright already and it's bright enuff to light up the door area as my boy will knock on the door to get out of the room after sleeping a few hours on my bed so that I can see him and not step on him.

I have some LED lights running mainly in the hall and his litter box. Both places have a light sensor bulb and permanent LED strip each.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The crew enjoyed the idea of running the ship! Lol I think they would be excellent cruise directors.
Excellent advice to your roomies! It’s yucky to hit those land mines! My cats are tricky sometimes and place one IN my slippers!!

@rubysmama :flail:🌷 I knew that wasn’t Ruby but I bet she laughed too! I have very few items out that are made of glass. I know the tricks kitties play!! I have tip toed through the glass shards in the past. I’m educated now. Lol

N NY cat man So you are wise to their tricks!! The headlamp is an excellent idea and I know Michelle appreciates you being so considerate. What do the cats do when they see a light bobbing and floating through the dark? Lol

Furballsmom Furballsmom :lol:

tabbytom tabbytom Excellent suggestions. I have the Victor Flea lights in each room and they double as great night lights. Dual purpose. I love things that multi task!!:lol:

@CL56 I’m not sure what’s worse, hitting a cold pile or a warm one! The only thing worse than either is finding one in my shoe! Cats are very creative. Hopefully you miss the next one!
Mostly, they crowd around my feet to see which one can trip me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK...it is 9:00 AM, and 3 and a half hours past my bedtime. I am waiting for the exterminator. HOPING he will be here before noon. Then, the cable company is sending a tech at 3 PM to TRY TRY AGAIN to fix my buffering issues. Not enough time to lie down between, although I'm sure I'll doze in my chair. All this drooling can't be helping my keyboard!

Jcatbird Jcatbird , I think owls and pussycats SHOULD be friends. I think their faces are very similar. Especially kittens, Kittens ALL have hooty-owl faces!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they ever cook for you? We have a Japanese restaurant nearby on the Indian Reservation (Native American?) They have amazing food! 🍜

We had a huge collection of those Little Golden Books when we were kids. 📚🧸

That's the best kind of ending. ✨
Yes, she does. Traditionally, men do not enter the kitchen and that's how it is here. I'm Indigenous (multi-tribal) and enjoy so many kinds of international foods. I make a lot of different kinds of foods, and we sort of try this and that. She is a very good cook but most things she makes I can't eat, because I'm basically pretty much vegan apart from a few things dairy, and tuna, and shrimp, and once every decade or so, chicken.
I've got some of those books, too! They're collector's items. I have one on kittens and a couple of others on different animals. I loved used bookshops when there were a lot of them around. That's where I got most of my books (and I still have my favorite ones). I took a course in writing for children and teenagers. Wish I had time to deal with writing something and publishing it!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom He knocks on the door?!?!? Very polite! :) Mine are more likely to come and sit on me. Lately, sneeze on my face. It’s definitely wise to avoid stepping on them. Besides risking hurting them, we risk hurting us.The slightest tail pinch can send paws out. Lol I like the idea of sort of a runway of lights.

N NY cat man I have cats swarm my feet too. Purry likes to wind in and out between my legs as I walk. He’s great at slowing me down. Bj just walks very slowly and directly in my path. I don’t think they like me to hurry. We all move at a Cats’ pace. Lol It would probably make a very funny video from above. Human in the middle of a cat herd.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Just don’t let the drool make it to the outlets!! :eek3: It would certainly wake you up. I hope everyone showed up and corrected the problems. Computer problems are one of my least favorite!
The owl and pussycat faces are similar. I think it’s mostly the eyes. Whistle accepted the owl. Maybe he thought the face seemed familiar too.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Poppy has been teaching the fish the rules of the house. No hair all’s though. Scale balls? :barfgreen: I hope fishy is feeling better!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is just too Ginny that we even have the same owl! And that we kept them all this time. I always really cared about any toy that cane my way but animal toys ruled!
As for putting things in my shoes....lol, hairballs, toys, uneaten treats, etc. I guess shoes are very good hiding places.
I still think we should collaborate on a book! I still check out used book stores. I spent time as a young person as a librarian. Small town but great little old library.

M maggiedemi Golden books were big with use too. I still have a couple but I gave most of my children’s books to other children alone the way. I babysat nearly every night when I was in school and grew to love all the children. I often read to them and ended up leaving my books in other little hands. I liked the idea that another generation would cherish them as much as I had. Every once in awhile I have crossed paths with these, now grown, children and have been glad that I shared.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Scale balls? :barfgreen: I hope fishy is feeling better!
He seems fine, thank you :) He came charging over to the side of the tank where I feed them and begged as usual for his treat just a little bit ago :). Which, by the way, is another thing where fourlegged critters don't own all the talent LOL

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I’m glad he’s okay. I have found that fish have tons of personality. They can have a real sense of humor and be extremely finny. Lol The African Cichlids I raised were very aware of everything. They readily came close to the humans they recognized but hid from those they didn’t they built lovely little houses and were amazing parents. The also visited with my kitty. She loved perching on the edge ( not sure how she balanced on such a narrow spot) and watching the fish. In turn, they watched her. Every once in awhile Baby would tap her paw at the surface of the water. The fish were not at all disturbed by this. They would swim up and grab her, very furry paw. The first couple of times they did this she jerked her paw back. The third time, she fell in the tank. Being a fluff ball meant she drenched everything as she exploded out of the water. After that she didn’t put her paw in the water. They remained friends though! :lol: I could have sworn I heard fish laughter. Perhaps it was just the hum of the filters.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He knocks on the door?!?!? Very polite! :) Mine are more likely to come and sit on me. Lately, sneeze on my face. It’s definitely wise to avoid stepping on them. Besides risking hurting them, we risk hurting us.The slightest tail pinch can send paws out. Lol I like the idea of sort of a runway of lights.
Yes, he knocks on the door (using his paw and pawing the door, his way of knocking). I'm a very light sleeper. any movements or sound I can feel and hear. So every time he moves to change position during his sleep, I know. And when he gets up and jump down from the bed, I also know but I stay on the bed till he mostly will meow first and then paw at the door and I'll open the door and let him out.

I've stepped own him severalties in a dark room and so now every time when in a dark room, I'll call out to him first.

On ya, his litter box is lighted throughout the night and all nights if we are out and also the area at the main door is lighted up as well while we are out.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought our smiles tonight were going to come from Goldie, Blue and Mountain.

52C04DE2-6FBE-4ACA-BB23-9924613C9406.jpeg

I was doing my kitty snuggling rounds when I heard a noise. I went outside to investigate.
Guess who came to visit!

Froggie!
DDE0F62C-7FEF-4DCD-A7D6-B0BAC6EC28A9.jpeg

Apparently someone else came to investigate too!
3A16F46B-5F69-4D3B-9002-B6095B81F3BA.jpeg

Hey Froggie!
CA61A6FA-ABEE-4F1E-AE32-D1967D2AA0C8.jpeg

I heard you calling!
9009F1A2-1F46-4919-81BB-3075CD382DBE.jpeg

It’s so good to see you!
60C9A4B6-320A-4669-8321-29700916C458.jpeg

We have a boat now Froggie. We can all go on a trip. I’ve got someone for you to meet.
FB9B6FCE-CFFC-4E9F-8AD6-71AF513F8F04.jpeg

This is a friendly owl Froggie. Don’t be scared.
797CA572-723B-4436-8641-28A3193DA756.jpeg

Froggie trusts Banjo completely and wasn’t scared. :lol:
7F8BBB9C-0466-47B3-B35E-FCF3C87770ED.jpeg

This is one amazing Frog! It looks to me like Froggie and the owl became friends. :flail:

The magic continues!🐸🦉

:bicolorcat: Have a great night everyone!:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom The tank was a 55 gal. Long so falling in was quite an event for Baby. She was a bit prissy about her appearance anyway so getting a complete dunking in fish water was totally unacceptable. Fortunately cats are very forgiving. Even when a fish pulls them into their pool! Since Baby vacated the area quickly, I don’t think she heard them laughing. She might have been less forgiving if she had. ;)

tabbytom tabbytom I’m a light sleeper too. The kitties keep me amused most nights. Since there are a few kitties here, they take turns sleeping with me. The ones still awake are busy guarding the house, munching on midnight snacks or chasing toys. Occasionally something is removed from a shelf or counter top. Lol Things go bump in the night. Lol
I really like the way you have lighted the litter box. I have a Victor light in that main litter box room but maybe putting lights right over the boxes would be more appealing to the kitties.
I can’t have motion sensor lights here. Too many activities going on here. I keep enough light so that I can see if I get up. It’s a bit like walking through a maze during the day, at night I really have to be on my toes. Lol If I’m not, I will surely be on kitty toes. I have gotten a tail or paw here and there over the years. Thankfully the kitties were insulted but not injured. I was forgiven.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I’m a light sleeper too. The kitties keep me amused most nights. Since there are a few kitties here, they take turns sleeping with me. The ones still awake are busy guarding the house, munching on midnight snacks or chasing toys. Occasionally something is removed from a shelf or counter top. Lol Things go bump in the night. Lol
I really like the way you have lighted the litter box. I have a Victor light in that main litter box room but maybe putting lights right over the boxes would be more appealing to the kitties.
I can’t have motion sensor lights here. Too many activities going on here. I keep enough light so that I can see if I get up. It’s a bit like walking through a maze during the day, at night I really have to be on my toes. Lol If I’m not, I will surely be on kitty toes. I have gotten a tail or paw here and there over the years. Thankfully the kitties were insulted but not injured. I was forgiven.
Yea, sometimes you never know what they do n the night till you find things out of position. So far, my boy is ok and nothing has ever moved out of place before :lol:

The lights I have are not motion sensored ones, instead of having emotion sensor, they have a light sensor which automatically tuns on when it gets dark. I have one over his litter box and two at the main door area where he likes to wait for us. On top of the, one each of very bight LEDs over the letterbox and main door area.

The light sensors light are for times if I have to leave early and come back after dark, I'll have those on. Otherwise, I'll turn on the other lights till I come come home. Of course, my kitty cam is always on when I'm out.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find lots of things “relocated”! :lol: I suspect I have one main culprit.,:bicolorcat: She enjoys placing things in her house or under the sofa. Banjo and brother Whistle also get things out of the kitchen cabinet. I’ve caught them in the act! Thier fur mother and father have tried to teach them proper etiquette but they are mischievous children. I actually enjoy their antics. It‘s hard not to laugh. Perhaps if I light up the night, it will be harder for them to get away with snitching my car keys? January has very loving parents. I can just imagine him sitting under the lights awaiting your return.😻

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The light that we have at the top of the stairs is battery operated, and mounted about 30" from the floor. The cats were constantly turning it on with their nighttime wanderings until I used a Post-it note to make a shield for the sensor. Now they can wander to their heart's content without affecting it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.