My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Whistle was overjoyed at first and ran straight to Banjo. He pursued her endlessly but Banjo was scared and hissed. It finally came to Whistle jumping on Banjo. Don’t be disturbed by that though. I am working diligently with them both to help them to calm down and get accustomed to each other again. Right now they are finally asleep on the same sofa. I believe that they will recover that special bond they had.
Banjo and Whistle send great big kitty kisses to everyone! I made sure to tell them both how many people put their hearts and minds towards thoughts of their safe recovery and return. They are grateful and purred loudly!
surya surya How is Chuchi?
I will be back later. The kitties are still updating me. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do. She is having to re establish her patterns here. I think she saw his fast approach as aggressive. Whistle was still very nervous and if you add Banjo’s fresh upset it’s just a bit much. They had already been through a lot before they got lost so the combined events were a lot for little kitties to take in at once. Banjo also has an upset stomach so that has her jumpy too. I think it was just different eating habits and the surgery. They are both eating like little piggies now so adjustment time is needed. If I can do anything to repair their relationship, I will.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where was Banjo hiding when you found her? Was she inside?
I have been trying to get this written but I am so far behind right now I keep having to stop to do something. I really want to tell this whole story but it may take some time. The ending of my night last night really threw me off. I need to get out some Thank you’d and some safety info but let me answer this first.

I was allowed to explore the place where the kitties had been taken alone. I wanted to make sure that everything was very quiet. I didn’t know if Banjo would run or if I needed to catch her laying somewhere to even see her. At first I saw no signs. My heart fell but somehow she did make her way to an inside room. We don’t know how she got where she was. It was not where she had been seen. There are several buildings on the land and there are construction workers coming and going, nursery workers, family members and neighbors. She won’t tell me every bit of her path. Lol Seems to be a cat vs. human language barrier. I hunted for her where she had been reported but since I saw no sign at all of a cat having been there, felt deserted to me, I expanded the search area. I went into an area that should have been closed off but the second I went in and called her she popped out. She looked at me with recognition. I called again and she sunk to the floor. Not knowing her condition I approached slowly , holding my arms straight down with palms away from her. Leaving my arms down I bent so that my hands were level with her head. She eased up slowly, while focusing her gaze on me, and rubbed her head against one hand. I turned it to rub her neck and spoke her name softly. At that she stood up and gave me a full rub. I petted her firmly and then reached to pet with both hands. Then I just reached down and picked her up. She was jumpy but I held still and just petted and scratched her along her head and then neck. I kept saying her name. Her whole body pushed against me after a minute and I carried her to the carrier. I knelt down with her to show her the open door. She immediately went inside. I shut the door and reached my fingers through to continue petting. At that point she rolled into my fingers and began to meow over and over. Honestly, I cried with her for a couple of minutes. Tears of relief and joy. I continued to talk to her for a bit. I reassured in every way I knew how. She kept talking. I don’t know which one of us was happier. Her eyes were still as big as saucers but she made no attempt to get out of the carrier. From there I took her into a bathroom I had seen and I covered the carrier and shut her in the quiet space so I could notify the others that I had found her and had her safe. I had been concerned when I saw the property that I would not find her at all. It is heavily wooded and very remote. With two dwellings there and a large greenhouse I knew she could be anywhere. I have hunted for lost cats before and it is rare for the ending to be a happy one. I knew the odds were against us. To recover both kitties must be some kind of record breaker. It certainly is for me. The woods in that part of Florida are full of predators. I had seen an alligator tourist attraction not far from this place. That did not inspire confidence! Banjo and Whistle are true survivors. Such tough little kitties! I hope I will be able to find someplace they can go to live together in safety and love from now on. One step at a time though. First they need recovery time. I am going to provide that. There is more to the story and I will tell the rest of it and of our return home as I can. For now I have an encouraging photo to share. Step one after the Whistle relocation was finding Banjo. Step two was getting back home. Thankfully I brought Banjo home before returning the rental! Step three is helping the kitties to recover. Their experience made them afraid of everything. Including each other. Last night Banjo hissed repeatedly at Whistle until Whistle attacked Banjo. I was broken hearted for them to see that. Tonight Healing has started. Hang in there with me until the last photo.

Banjo is afraid!
491E99AD-CA94-4E6C-9209-A8FFA77B886A.jpeg

First approach!
59A7B078-0620-4B72-8FFD-81978822065B.jpeg

Whistle is unsure but waits!
06192F0B-F860-4C76-B802-F39A79674052.jpeg

A sniff!
5779E1C6-D74A-495B-A430-3FB81C0D4F97.jpeg

A nervous moment and a bite!
85263845-E0F9-48ED-9F59-93A7AA87A8F5.jpeg

Whistle trusts!
104DD688-E567-4F0E-A107-3515347620F1.jpeg

Banjo remembers!
46AB917B-FA40-4A92-99B2-DF3984E8B2B5.jpeg

First accepting kiss!
B1C889C6-3BF0-41E0-A2BC-031E01F88604.jpeg

Banjo and Whistle love!
A10FA16C-8B09-4AC0-99FB-8BF8D447E511.jpeg

Together again.
35784733-4C38-46B1-BE0C-60E9F85CCF09.jpeg

Kitty smiles! :redheartpump: I hope you smiled too! I am still smiling!
More tomorrow..................Thank you everyone.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is melting. Tears of joy are running down my face. Even my nose is crying with joy!
Me too! I am too tired to describe it but can’t stop now. I am still catching up and AC company coming early in the morn. Moving furniture for a major repair. Another story! Ha. I will rest soon and be back.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Grins at the end!

I am loving those kittens too! You don’t see nearly as many with so much white fur. surya surya Thank you for the luck. I think I will need it to catch them. Mom is very wise. The sooner I catch them the sooner they will be safe in someone’s arms. I hope!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You are right about the need for more caring folks for kitties. We need all we can get! I won’t tell Hekitty you admired the little girl. Lol She is a beauty. That whole litter is a pretty bunch. But then, I always think that.
The news on the ferals today is good. Of all the kittens that have been caught/ fostered, only Moonstone remains waiting for a home. Actually Shelby remains too but she is recovering from a slipped suture and is not up for adoption yet. Wow! Not only gone but almost every one in a new home. I am always surprised and very grateful for the adoptions.
It has gotten easier to find homes than it was with the last colony I worked with. Although we still need to improve the spay and neuter availability I would like to note that it is better than it was ten years ago. There were NO grants to help them. No funding through the county or state. Progress in this area seems painfully slow but it is happening. About a third of the cats that passed through my home in the past year benefitted from these programs. The most difficult thing for me was finding the programs. The grant money is quickly used up once it becomes available. I find that most people who have contacted me want to spay or neuter their pets. They are just in sticker shock when they find out how much it costs. There are agencies that provide assistance but , again, finding these groups can be difficult. Some areas still don’t offer help. With ferals it can be a hands off policy or euthanasia. ( those in authority don’t recognize that the ferals that exist can be very helpful with rodent control) I hope that the wind of change is blowing through these areas. The way to stop the feral population isn’t by ignoring the problem or trying to kill it off. It is by responsible pet ownership and responsible government agencies. Stopping uncontrolled population growth and enforcing laws against negligent owners who dump animals, let them go wild or abuse them would be the way to go in my opinion. I have already dealt with two huge cat colonies while living in the same spot. Twice in ten years I have seen the suffering and abuse. Now that things are improving, I hope I won’t have to pull in a third colony. Since I have had a much higher survival rate among the rescues this time I am looking back at the differences between the two colonies. The change is wonderful. It would have been even better if there had been someone to guide me in my efforts. I stumbled a lot. When I finally got that first door opened, everything changed for the kitties. I am so grateful for the person who opened that first door and gave me that first clue as to where I might find help. Maybe in the future there will be a clearinghouse for pet assistance. One place to go to find help. For now everyone should know to check local ordinances for pet laws, call county animal control centers for information, and simply type into an internet search for spay/neuter help or adoption help. If one group cannot supply your needs then ask them who to call. It’s like following the links of a chain, one to another. Eventually you do reach help. If your local authorities don’t understand the problem, enlighten them. Every person who joins this battle can make a difference for the animals and for the next person who needs help. Thank you to everyone who gets up to help. I appreciate all those who paved the way for me to do what I am doing now. It has made my world a better place.
Okay, off my soapbox! :soapbox:
How about a review of some awwwwww moments! Time for some smiles!!!!
This is what I think the kitties were doing and thinking!

If I stare long enough she might pet me.

View attachment 245039
OMG! It worked!
View attachment 245040
I’m too cute for my own good!
View attachment 245041
That bug gave me indigestion!
View attachment 245042
What can I do next.......?
View attachment 245043
What do you mean, say cheese?
View attachment 245044
Okaaaay. If you really want to you can pet me.
View attachment 245045
I don’t think I know you!
View attachment 245046
Who does she think she is?!?!?!
View attachment 245047
I don’t know who I is yet.
View attachment 245048
I could have sworn there was a squirrel on this tree!
View attachment 245049
Ha! I know she didn’t just say bath!
View attachment 245051
What arrrre you doing?
View attachment 245052
It’s all you can eat night!
View attachment 245053
I’ll just get my own supper!
View attachment 245054
If you would have opened that can I wouldn’t have to do this.
View attachment 245055
What do you mean, look surprised?
View attachment 245056
Ahhhhh! My own private port a potty!
View attachment 245057
I hope you laughed a little!
:crackup::flail: You should post these on the thread
'I Has An Expresshun! ' :wavey::heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a story. You are like superwoman, come to save the day. I'm kinda mad at those people, but I better not comment on that. :D
First! Thank you! You just have me a boost!
I am just a person who tries very hard to do the right thing. I firmly believe, and often say, if we are not part of the solution, then we are part of the problem. If everyone acted on the problems that were right in front of their eyes the world would be such a different place. I am so grateful that so many people do act. I find thecatsite is an excellent source for these people to be found. Love it!!!! I want everyone here to know that during my struggle to find information about Banjo, one of our members approached me with an offer of help. That offer came at a time when I was lower than a worms’ belly. I try to stay positive and post positive things but being human, I have my moments. The offer they made was from their heart. I had not disclosed all the details of the situation so I could not accept their offer but it didn’t matter to me that I could not get help that way. What mattered is that they cared and got up to do something. It gave me another push to keep fighting. It was a fight for Banjo. So many people seem to post things that keep me going. The way you said I must be superwoman gave me the biggest grin! Your words give me strength and hope on a rough day. I am very tired. I have just gotten a text that I knew would come ,but the timing is hard. Remember Jazzy who was fostered while she had her babies? She was one of the untrapable ferals. She is coming back to me Wednesday. I will be glad to see her again. She is the oldest of this years rescues and my kitty friend. I just have to scramble to figure out where to put her and how to socialize her. If I can. Tomorrow the AC company comes very early to right a wrong done to me more than a year ago. It is major construction and it is a bad time to scare kitties. I have Banjo and Whistle in recovery( and I am very worried they will have to be split up for me to find them a home :bawling2:), Mitsy who is a nervous kitty I am trying to socialize, Thrasher who was the uncatchable cat of all time and the one who was drenched with ammonia along with her litter by some sick person. The kittens died and Thrasher suffered greatly. I am trying to socialize her. I am very close to social standards for Man and Eisenhower and fear the construction will disrupt them. I also have Ally and Cally. Ally is bonded only to Cally. Cally is ready to leave but without her Ally May fail. Until some of these kitties are moved I cannot bring the 6 from the other building here. I think some of those are close to being ready for adoption but the test will be when they are brought into this building with new experiences. I still need to catch Kelly and her three and Flowers. It is a process with them as I am sure you know. I wish I could be superwoman for a few days! Then I could whisk them all through everything they need! Lol That would be cool! I am also still working with @Lil Dude who has a problem with a beautiful old Manx who is suffering. I want to help her too. Then there is @M Thomas who I have not mentioned here before. She is a lovely , slightly older than me, lady who lives in an area where there is almost no help for kitties. She rescued a Calico Mom and five gorgeous babies. She has struggled to find resources for them where little to none exist. I found out about her and managed to get a kind lady near her to help with transport. Three of the females are scheduled to be spayed on the tenth. I found a partial grant to cover some of the cost but even that will not help with the other three. This lady has trouble with balance and walking and the kitties are a risk to her. She cares for them anyway. Before they mate we must find a way to fix the rest. Before it gets cold we must find homes. They will not survive the winter there without shelter. She cannot afford any of this so I am quite desperate to do something more there. I am so glad you wrote to me when you did. That short message lifted my heart. Secretly I am kind of mad at those people too. They compounded the problem of finding proper and timely homes for Banjo and Whistle. I specially trained those two to do things that these folks would love. The techie stuff Banjo does and the way Whistle responds to words are behaviour s I encouraged for that young man because I knew this would endear the cats to him. I found he never even gave them the flea meds I had bought them of opened the toys and treats I had sent for him to use to get acquainted with the kitties. Ouch. The extra protein food that I was using to build Whistle up after being ill was unopened. They did come home with two cute new food and water dishes. I suppose that was all he could find in his wounded heart to do. I am very grateful he recognized he was not up to handling this. That is a very good thing. That curbs the anger. There is so much more too. I will tell more but right now I have to go and pan for gold. ( that is how I keep myself smiling when I clean litter boxes. I imagine I am panning for gold! Ha! If only) I want my home to be decent when the AC guys come tomorrow. I will try to come back tonight. I have new pics of the trailer cats. I sat with them through a storm today. I am really wanting to give you all a head shake too when I tell the end of my return trip home from Florida. I still can’t believe it myself. Thank you again for the boost of encouragement. My vitamins for the day! Yay! I am smiling!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
First! Thank you! You just have me a boost!
I am just a person who tries very hard to do the right thing. I firmly believe, and often say, if we are not part of the solution, then we are part of the problem. If everyone acted on the problems that were right in front of their eyes the world would be such a different place. I am so grateful that so many people do act. I find thecatsite is an excellent source for these people to be found. Love it!!!! I want everyone here to know that during my struggle to find information about Banjo, one of our members approached me with an offer of help. That offer came at a time when I was lower than a worms’ belly. I try to stay positive and post positive things but being human, I have my moments. The offer they made was from their heart. I had not disclosed all the details of the situation so I could not accept their offer but it didn’t matter to me that I could not get help that way. What mattered is that they cared and got up to do something. It gave me another push to keep fighting. It was a fight for Banjo. So many people seem to post things that keep me going. The way you said I must be superwoman gave me the biggest grin! Your words give me strength and hope on a rough day. I am very tired. I have just gotten a text that I knew would come ,but the timing is hard. Remember Jazzy who was fostered while she had her babies? She was one of the untrapable ferals. She is coming back to me Wednesday. I will be glad to see her again. She is the oldest of this years rescues and my kitty friend. I just have to scramble to figure out where to put her and how to socialize her. If I can. Tomorrow the AC company comes very early to right a wrong done to me more than a year ago. It is major construction and it is a bad time to scare kitties. I have Banjo and Whistle in recovery( and I am very worried they will have to be split up for me to find them a home :bawling2:), Mitsy who is a nervous kitty I am trying to socialize, Thrasher who was the uncatchable cat of all time and the one who was drenched with ammonia along with her litter by some sick person. The kittens died and Thrasher suffered greatly. I am trying to socialize her. I am very close to social standards for Man and Eisenhower and fear the construction will disrupt them. I also have Ally and Cally. Ally is bonded only to Cally. Cally is ready to leave but without her Ally May fail. Until some of these kitties are moved I cannot bring the 6 from the other building here. I think some of those are close to being ready for adoption but the test will be when they are brought into this building with new experiences. I still need to catch Kelly and her three and Flowers. It is a process with them as I am sure you know. I wish I could be superwoman for a few days! Then I could whisk them all through everything they need! Lol That would be cool! I am also still working with @Lil Dude who has a problem with a beautiful old Manx who is suffering. I want to help her too. Then there is @M Thomas who I have not mentioned here before. She is a lovely , slightly older than me, lady who lives in an area where there is almost no help for kitties. She rescued a Calico Mom and five gorgeous babies. She has struggled to find resources for them where little to none exist. I found out about her and managed to get a kind lady near her to help with transport. Three of the females are scheduled to be spayed on the tenth. I found a partial grant to cover some of the cost but even that will not help with the other three. This lady has trouble with balance and walking and the kitties are a risk to her. She cares for them anyway. Before they mate we must find a way to fix the rest. Before it gets cold we must find homes. They will not survive the winter there without shelter. She cannot afford any of this so I am quite desperate to do something more there. I am so glad you wrote to me when you did. That short message lifted my heart. Secretly I am kind of mad at those people too. They compounded the problem of finding proper and timely homes for Banjo and Whistle. I specially trained those two to do things that these folks would love. The techie stuff Banjo does and the way Whistle responds to words are behaviour s I encouraged for that young man because I knew this would endear the cats to him. I found he never even gave them the flea meds I had bought them of opened the toys and treats I had sent for him to use to get acquainted with the kitties. Ouch. The extra protein food that I was using to build Whistle up after being ill was unopened. They did come home with two cute new food and water dishes. I suppose that was all he could find in his wounded heart to do. I am very grateful he recognized he was not up to handling this. That is a very good thing. That curbs the anger. There is so much more too. I will tell more but right now I have to go and pan for gold. ( that is how I keep myself smiling when I clean litter boxes. I imagine I am panning for gold! Ha! If only) I want my home to be decent when the AC guys come tomorrow. I will try to come back tonight. I have new pics of the trailer cats. I sat with them through a storm today. I am really wanting to give you all a head shake too when I tell the end of my return trip home from Florida. I still can’t believe it myself. Thank you again for the boost of encouragement. My vitamins for the day! Yay! I am smiling!
:grouphug::grouphug2: Oh how I wish I had been with you on this thread to offer my love and support through your ordeal! You are a wonderful and caring person, bless you for helping the poor kittys and the dear little lady with no support, til you stepped up. God has a special place on Hell for the evil ones who torment his creatures. You take care and keep us updated. :cheerleader: :heartshape::touched::rock:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to get this written but I am so far behind right now I keep having to stop to do something. I really want to tell this whole story but it may take some time. The ending of my night last night really threw me off. I need to get out some Thank you’d and some safety info but let me answer this first.

I was allowed to explore the place where the kitties had been taken alone. I wanted to make sure that everything was very quiet. I didn’t know if Banjo would run or if I needed to catch her laying somewhere to even see her. At first I saw no signs. My heart fell but somehow she did make her way to an inside room. We don’t know how she got where she was. It was not where she had been seen. There are several buildings on the land and there are construction workers coming and going, nursery workers, family members and neighbors. She won’t tell me every bit of her path. Lol Seems to be a cat vs. human language barrier. I hunted for her where she had been reported but since I saw no sign at all of a cat having been there, felt deserted to me, I expanded the search area. I went into an area that should have been closed off but the second I went in and called her she popped out. She looked at me with recognition. I called again and she sunk to the floor. Not knowing her condition I approached slowly , holding my arms straight down with palms away from her. Leaving my arms down I bent so that my hands were level with her head. She eased up slowly, while focusing her gaze on me, and rubbed her head against one hand. I turned it to rub her neck and spoke her name softly. At that she stood up and gave me a full rub. I petted her firmly and then reached to pet with both hands. Then I just reached down and picked her up. She was jumpy but I held still and just petted and scratched her along her head and then neck. I kept saying her name. Her whole body pushed against me after a minute and I carried her to the carrier. I knelt down with her to show her the open door. She immediately went inside. I shut the door and reached my fingers through to continue petting. At that point she rolled into my fingers and began to meow over and over. Honestly, I cried with her for a couple of minutes. Tears of relief and joy. I continued to talk to her for a bit. I reassured in every way I knew how. She kept talking. I don’t know which one of us was happier. Her eyes were still as big as saucers but she made no attempt to get out of the carrier. From there I took her into a bathroom I had seen and I covered the carrier and shut her in the quiet space so I could notify the others that I had found her and had her safe. I had been concerned when I saw the property that I would not find her at all. It is heavily wooded and very remote. With two dwellings there and a large greenhouse I knew she could be anywhere. I have hunted for lost cats before and it is rare for the ending to be a happy one. I knew the odds were against us. To recover both kitties must be some kind of record breaker. It certainly is for me. The woods in that part of Florida are full of predators. I had seen an alligator tourist attraction not far from this place. That did not inspire confidence! Banjo and Whistle are true survivors. Such tough little kitties! I hope I will be able to find someplace they can go to live together in safety and love from now on. One step at a time though. First they need recovery time. I am going to provide that. There is more to the story and I will tell the rest of it and of our return home as I can. For now I have an encouraging photo to share. Step one after the Whistle relocation was finding Banjo. Step two was getting back home. Thankfully I brought Banjo home before returning the rental! Step three is helping the kitties to recover. Their experience made them afraid of everything. Including each other. Last night Banjo hissed repeatedly at Whistle until Whistle attacked Banjo. I was broken hearted for them to see that. Tonight Healing has started. Hang in there with me until the last photo.

Banjo is afraid!View attachment 246306
First approach!
View attachment 246309
Whistle is unsure but waits!View attachment 246308
A sniff!View attachment 246305
A nervous moment and a bite!View attachment 246303
Whistle trusts!
View attachment 246300
Banjo remembers! View attachment 246301
First accepting kiss!
View attachment 246297
Banjo and Whistle love!View attachment 246314
Together again.
View attachment 246315
Kitty smiles! :redheartpump: I hope you smiled too! I am still smiling!
More tomorrow..................Thank you everyone.
:clap::salam::clap2::cheerleader::touched::wave2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:crackup::flail: You should post these on the thread
'I Has An Expresshun! ' :wavey::heartshape:
So glad you like them! I get so many smiles from the kitties and I always get the feeling they have something to say! Lol Do you have favorites?
:grouphug::grouphug2: Oh how I wish I had been with you on this thread to offer my love and support through your ordeal! You are a wonderful and caring person, bless you for helping the poor kittys and the dear little lady with no support, til you stepped up. God has a special place on Hell for the evil ones who torment his creatures. You take care and keep us updated. :cheerleader: :heartshape::touched::rock:
Being here now counts! My journey is not over. I still battle every day. For these kitties here , and now I find myself battling for others. All support and encouragement helps. I toy with the idea of finding better ways to help more. A dear friend has suggested I do a Children’s book with the photos I take and captions I write. Something lighthearted but with a lesson about caring for cats. Then I could keep doing the rescues, eat and teach. Lol That would be fun. Proceeds for spay, neuter and rehoming. What could be better? Maybe I will find a way sometime in the future to do something that will be productive on a larger scale. A clearinghouse to provide information on TNR/ Rehoming and funding would be great! There is help out there but it is hard to track if you have never done it. Some areas have a lot of help available and some have very little. Everything from county programs to National assistance to corporate help. It’s a huge jigsaw puzzle to be worked out. Each time I am approached for help I have to do the research. I know the routes now but it is still very complicated and takes a lot of time. I would love to pave the path to help. If I had helpers here on my land I would even consider a rescue/ adoption center. I am sort of doing that but I am limited by the fact that all the physical work falls on my old hands. Lol For now I am just following the path before me and doing what little I can. I do enjoy sharing the laughter the kitties provide for me. They are so great! Just stay tuned in. This story has not ended and your moral support is important. The kitties need us all.
I will continue the story of finding Banjo and coming home. Tomorrow I hope to tell about returning home and facing someone who apparently wanted the car I had rented. Imagine , you are at a large airport late at night. You drive in a dark parking area that is almost deserted and a big man approaches you to demand you give him your keys! A brand new car that isn’t even yours! What would you do?
Tonight I leave you with photos of the trailer cats. Here are Goldie and her bears as well as her mate for life, Blue. I kept them company during a heavy rain storm that was filled with thunder and lightning. They were glad I stayed.
2EC0BD51-ACFD-406E-9F0E-B25AB80ADB2C.jpeg

Blue the Dad was protecting us as the thunder shook the ground.
25923CB6-D5BB-4E5E-9F41-C64582414C2C.jpeg

Goldie, mother to the Bears was giving me that look of, can you make it stop?
DA267865-1296-4EFA-A2D0-4DFD680CA7C8.jpeg

Mountain Bear, the son , was worried but trued to be brave like Dad!
E9BC55DE-624C-442A-926F-F0A8458CF30C.jpeg

Kodiak, the daughter ran to be by Mom.
069E24A0-9CA5-4DE6-84F7-6F5F3C452D05.jpeg

I’ll be glad when we can all in one building during every storm.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, what an adventure you've had. I'm so glad that Banjo and Whistle are together again. Those two are meant to be together, I hope they find their forever home eventually.

It is frustrating that things didn't work out with the potential adopter, but at least he did the right thing and asked you to take the cats back.

I think the stories you tell would make a great book. It's important for kids to learn to respect animals from a young age and your stories are so moving.

:heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

Hope everything works out with your building work and your new AC.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know, if you do the paperwork and get recognized as a rescue, you can list your babies on Petfinder. You do NOT have to allow anyone you feel uncomfortable with to adopt, but you could get them out there in the public eye. Just a thought, Darlin. And you can specify when two (like Whistle and Banjo) need to go together.

Status
Not open for further replies.