My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I should have gotten the PTB. Lol
I actually communicated with Bestfriends lately about a shelter out that way. The one that held that Siamese that was just saved. It was actually a Snow shoe. So beautiful! They have responded to me twice. Thank goodness for groups that are working to save kitties! Have you seen the map of the shelter numbers? I won’t post it here but I encourage everyone to support their local shelters in any way possible. It doesn’t have to be cash. Just a note if encouragement, a text of support or an email stating thanks will help. You can donate old linens, towels, dishes or anything an animal might use. Cleaning supplies help along with any other thing you can give. Have you ever had your kitty refuse a type of cat food? Send it to the shelter! One bag, one can, one box. It all counts. Support of the shelters is what actually keeps more kitties safe! What is something you do that you could skip? A candy bar a day? One cup of coffee? Maybe a dinner out each week? Think how many meals that would equal to a kitten. A candy bar a day is a meal a day. Sometimes when we stop to think about the smallest things, we realize that ,if saved up over time, they can become huge. Many of us can’t skip much but any little thing is worth trying.

Maybe we should have a peanut butter sandwich day! Instead of your regular meal, stick a couple of dollars back and enjoy a lovely sandwich! :lol:

About the costumes..... I would never dress a cat that objected. Sometimes a harness is a necessary item but the costumes are something kitties should find fun. Some of mine don’t! Lol They have perfectly beautiful fur so they don’t want it hidden. I really did NOT expect Banjo to find the furry cat mask interesting. She is an inquisitive girl though. She found it a fun toy. Especially the whiskers. Go figure! Lol Most of the kitties watched from the sidelines. I was also surprised that Lady was not interested. Huh! She loves her dress! Maybe if I had offered a feminine outfit......
Oh well. Those who participated had fun. I brought out treats and toys later for the rest so everyone was included in some way. It was quite a pawty! I’m beat though! The mask was not fun to wear. How do kids stand it? Oh yeah, they get free candy. Lol I did enjoy the look of “Ugh Moooom!” from Banjo.
“The look” always gets me. Cats are so smart! That’s my candy!

Furballsmom Furballsmom I’ll have to check out Aleppo Cat Man again. He is an inspiration to us all. More power to him and all he cares for!

Good news!!!!I got photos of two more rescued kittens today. One of them reminds me a lot of our little Wanda Heart. Thank you to their rescuer!!!! Thinking of you tonight!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Unfortunately the issue in Australia has a lot to do with unfounded fears. As we all know, ignorance of the facts can lead to ridiculous fears. There is a positive hope though! There is an International group that is working globally to provide immunizations which should help squash some of those fears and any risks. I researched that some months back for a friend and was pleased to see that global efforts are having positive results. May those continue rapidly!

It would make perfect sense to let the cats help control an infestation. Makes you wonder if the reduction of the cat population there actually contributed to the infestation. Nature is delicately balanced. That’s something we should all recognize and respect. We need more people like those with Aleppo Cat Man.

Back to tarasgrl106 a moment.... Bravo to the attempts in Australia. The fear there is not of the cats( they claim) but of them carrying rabies. In fact, the rabies is primarily a bat issue in most places. You would think that it would be less expensive to immunize than form huge groups to hunt. ( That’s why the global group formed. Immunize!) This isn’t the first time in human history when we saw one creature as a pestilence, removed it and then found ourselves with a much, much worse one. I wonder how they would like an outbreak of fleas attacking the humans after the removal of warm blooded animals? I wonder if that was brought up? It can and has happened before with disastrous results for humans. Several times.
Sometimes we have to point out the negative to reach positive results.

The next post has our nightly cat review!
Yes, the bubonic plague that killed millions in Europe was caused by fleas which were on rats who were at large because the Christians at that time believed cats were "evil"(!!!) and so they eradicated the cats, allowing the rodent populations to explode. You'd think people would learn from history, but of course, even a quick look around shows us that those life lessons are learned by a small fraction of the population and not, tragically, the ones in power. Still, we keep going and doing what we know to be correct. The Australians have a propensity for mass killings (look up rabbits, for instance) and they will reap what they sow, as does everyone that takes innocent lives. Plenty of that is going on here as well. Harming any cat is a felony in all 50 US states, and harming cats occurs in all 50 states. Ignorance and fear hold sway where both could easily be assuaged by universal humane education. Many of us push for that.

On a brighter note, what a wonderful big order from Chewy and oh! the BOXES!!! :dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat:So glad they got your order to you and hope there were no problems with it. I see those loose cans. You will undoubtedly be a favorite customer there, with such large orders! ;)

Good on you for your kindness and generosity extending to your local shelter. I used to do more things like that when I was financially able. My dad always took newspapers out to a clinic we used for our spay/neuter and initial innoculations. They did very good work in the community with low-cost S/N. In those days, there was a group that issued S/N vouchers to those in need, which I'm sure helped a lot, too. I just looked them up and they are still operating and have even expanded their services: Holiday Humane Society - Veterinary Clinic Best Friends took over a facility out in Mission Hills, west of us, where they have a kitten nursery and shelter. Wherever Best Friends goes, good things happen.

Well, we had a fire less than a mile from us last night. It was in a recycling business down in the industrial district, and I could see the smoke. Thankfully, they beat it down during the night and all that remains for the community is unhealthful air. Everyone was standing around watching it last night. They have plastics, metal, paper and e-waste, but no hazmats. They do have a propane tank somewhere on the property and I was praying that did not go up. IDK if it did or not but I don't think so. They have arson and domestic terrorism investigators on the site, which is "normal" they say. :sigh: I am grateful no one was reportedly hurt.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
I am so glad the fire did not spread any further. Arson is another human illness. :headshake: I hope that if it was arson, they catch the person. I also hope no creatures got hurt.
The recent fire here brought an investigator as well. May the humans that feel the need to do these things find other paths that lead them away from harmful behavior.

I knew about the Rabbits. Sadly it has happened in the US. A guy named Pete Seeger , folk singer, did a song about all that and when I was young it made a huge impression on me. I was shocked that we had learned nothing from the past. As I often state here, education is the key. Of course the people we are trying to educate must have an open mind too. I was just discussing the problem of fear and improper education about the reality of ferals to someone who had a fantastic idea. I think you would appreciate it. Sad that the “Educator” involved failed to recognize the value of the inspiration but I would love to see these on the market with attached stories. HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM INKY

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
I am so glad the fire did not spread any further. Arson is another human illness. :headshake: I hope that if it was arson, they catch the person. I also hope no creatures got hurt.
The recent fire here brought an investigator as well. May the humans that feel the need to do these things find other paths that lead them away from harmful behavior.

I knew about the Rabbits. Sadly it has happened in the US. A guy named Pete Seeger , folk singer, did a song about all that and when I was young it made a huge impression on me. I was shocked that we had learned nothing from the past. As I often state here, education is the key. Of course the people we are trying to educate must have an open mind too. I was just discussing the problem of fear and improper education about the reality of ferals to someone who had a fantastic idea. I think you would appreciate it. Sad that the “Educator” involved failed to recognize the value of the inspiration but I would love to see these on the market with attached stories. HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM INKY
Pete Seeger was a great artist! and an inspiration to so many people. I didn't know he did a song about rabbits. I have read about the terrible "rabbit drives" they had here in the last century. Just tragic and deplorable. As is arson. I'm not as kind as you, I must admit. I think any convicted arsonist should forfeit life. It's something I take very personally as a burn survivor (not caused by arson, but certainly the suffering is never forgotten). There was actually a fire inspector here who set many fires and killed several innocent people (and an unknown number of others?) John Leonard Orr - Wikipedia He's still doing his time, I see.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I knew about the Rabbits. Sadly it has happened in the US. A guy named Pete Seeger , folk singer, did a song about all that and when I was young it made a huge impression on me. I was shocked that we had learned nothing from the past.
This must be the song you remember. :(

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This must be the song you remember. :(

That is exactly the song I was referring to in my post. It’s been awhile since I listened to it but it still chokes me up just as much as it did the first time I heard it. Sadly, that isn’t too far off what has happened. The US has seen large rabbit populations along with England and Australia and the human answer is to get rid of the rabbits regardless of other consequences. Cats are now seen in a similar light in many places. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Maybe you could share this.
Pete Seeger was well known for speaking out through music. Maybe that’s still a good way to send the message that there are better ways to handle things.
Thank you for posting the song.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Indeed. Quite an allegory. Sung by a man with a passion for that sort of thing. The rabbit drives still continue. Check Google for more recent issues.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is exactly the song I was referring to in my post. It’s been awhile since I listened to it but it still chokes me up just as much as it did the first time I heard it. Sadly, that isn’t too far off what has happened. The US has seen large rabbit populations along with England and Australia and the human answer is to get rid of the rabbits regardless of other consequences. Cats are now seen in a similar light in many places. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Maybe you could share this.
Pete Seeger was well known for speaking out through music. Maybe that’s still a good way to send the message that there are better ways to handle things.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Indeed. Quite an allegory. Sung by a man with a passion for that sort of thing. The rabbit drives still continue. Check Google for more recent issues.
Oh yeah. I would go so far as to say that every artist of conscience today owes Pete Seeger and others a huge debt. As for rabbits, I've always loved them but stopped at sharing life with any, because it is hard enough having to deal with the way this society treats cats, let alone rabbits.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe one of these?
View attachment 306078 View attachment 306079
Many more here: a kiss on the nose snoopy - Google Search

LOL. Love ya, BJ. :redheartpump:
[/QUOTE]
rubysmama rubysmama
The first one! Lol I didn’t check it against mine because it’s in the bottom of a closet. Lol The background of mine is lavender but as I recall, that’s very close if not the same.

M maggiedemi No nose kisses? Lol Probably best. Someone could sneeze. :p:lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Pete Seeger and many others hoped to make an impression. They did make one on me. I began working in conservation efforts at a very young age. After 40+ years, I can tell you that humans are far more aware than they were then. Hope grows if we nurture it. That’s exactly what we are doing here now.
I actually did have a few bunnies. If it swam, walked, slithered, crawled, hopped or flew and needed something, my heart went out to it. I’m too old to do all that now though. Just kitties. On April fools day I told my Dad I had rescued a lion. I assumed he would know I was kidding. His reaction was, “ Oh no!” :flail:I guess I should have said, Elephant.🐘 Next time I’ll say Unicorn.🦄

I thought I would be posting about kitties playing tonight but they found something better than toys in the house. I had taken the trash it when I realized the washing machine had stopped so I went to put the clothes in the dryer when I heard a noise.

Here’s what happened.
Peace in the house.
1B86FAE1-E2DE-443B-AFD3-5D30D9B677AE.jpeg

Hey BJ!
7C486A40-005A-4D86-B0F2-D2D90B33024E.jpeg

Ummmm. Good cat nap.
E4576D6A-9290-4A1B-BD8D-3A59719F5CF5.jpeg

Wait.....
605645AD-0374-4953-AB4D-0502DEAB6069.jpeg

Something made a noise.
D885840C-6F21-4A9B-83ED-B36759CE1D44.jpeg

Hmmmm.
F8E8BA94-4954-4ECB-8986-175E38D489AC.jpeg

Cat paws show up.
93FFE20C-E5A2-42AD-8AA4-5CFEBB54421F.jpeg

Quiet observation.
5B2B99A1-24B2-482C-BF11-5F5108D104DB.jpeg

Eye of the cat.
B38B7A43-8BC9-4E22-A0C8-0C9A753A52F6.jpeg

Well, well, well. You must be the little guy that grabbed my pants hem that night. Sorry I scared you little one!!
577F28A0-CDAC-441F-B339-A57AD67807D1.jpeg

The cats are gathering.
934738D7-8BF9-49A6-A640-9BA164865611.jpeg

It looks like a Clowder conference.
8169BDE4-7DC4-431A-8542-0220B7A65A89.jpeg

What is that Muffin?
CCF517F0-EDC6-4E6B-9A23-B475EC1BB2B0.jpeg

Getting a better look?
932DE386-C15A-402E-9F72-0D463F01EB78.jpeg

That’s a Raccoon Muffin.
6FCFD705-3397-4E84-A365-8626E6BCBB49.jpeg

Are you waving hello or goodbye? 🦝
17DB6939-65C2-4E64-BD64-399120940B7F.jpeg

I guess he thinks it’s hello.
A7D4B3AC-A2C2-404F-AA8D-0CDC151F8F70.jpeg

More kitties are arriving.
BB5C35FA-81CC-43AD-A0F5-66456E4194C5.jpeg

BJ and Flowers discuss the visitor.
AE13B3B2-98A7-44DC-8158-C328D86045B5.jpeg

Muffin voices her opinion.
74724DAB-BFAF-4B3A-984F-E423BF1D4D24.jpeg

Bonjure decides to look the other way.
C3DD07EA-4F03-426C-9505-D1BE456BFEC5.jpeg

Kodiak wants to see what a Raccoon smells like.
7D97F6A4-D228-4A74-A46C-465D03BC794D.jpeg

Mitsy flies in to join the party.
F9627EF2-172F-4EC0-B82B-B25724F13A7E.jpeg

Interesting but was it worth the flight?
38300D3B-D2D6-4F31-8CA0-9C69FCF17B64.jpeg

Banjo looks for Froggie first. Froggie is above the door.
1AF237B9-7F01-4CC2-A7F3-33749E94471C.jpeg

Purry wants to see.
146BD4C9-6930-493E-9A3F-0C39E1AD1D2E.jpeg

I think the Raccoon see him first.
A9C16B2F-1538-49DF-BFE2-98E61B1A80B6.jpeg

Where is it Mom?
C51BAC7A-3FA5-4752-885C-26A630386DC9.jpeg

Ohhh. So that’s a Raccoon!
EE3F3233-A24A-49BB-B575-319B84B2D7EB.jpeg

Kodiak has a question mark tail. What should we do?
6DBA3B7A-6FF5-4393-8478-291101F70DA5.jpeg

Bonjure did work up the nerve to look but he’s keeping a low profile.
19174E1B-B8A9-4E1E-8A14-6DB98A7EF052.jpeg

Banjo tells the Raccon to eat trash, not Froggie!
EDABA6D4-94CC-48DA-AD2B-9F3BAE703431.jpeg

Flowers has had enough. Get back kitties. A swat cleared the doorway.
869955F1-C2F4-4A44-B620-B27B4A5A30B0.jpeg

She joined BJ. I love the parental look they gave the others. ( uh, Maybe me too?:flail:)
28F7BEFA-5B43-4CAF-8FBD-749B26CCA8A9.jpeg

Well..... somebody has to take charge here!
FE69C9E0-EABB-4B2F-AA3E-2EE1EA06EF37.jpeg

We are the obvious choice!
3976AB60-6AFD-4F82-BB93-CC65ACE1D206.jpeg

After all, you’re just sitting on the floor taking pictures. You should be making the kitties run.
A2E49C83-5B83-48B3-9841-A4E124DD0540.jpeg

Bj, guard the door.
Yes dear.
E32F2BCB-F697-400D-A85B-E0B2FC84B8DE.jpeg

:lol: Good ole BJ. He’s still keeping us all safe.

Fortunately BJ got a wonderful cat nap in earlier. I think Flowers has things well in hand.... paw.

Have a great night everyone. I’m going out to pick up the trash! :rolleyes: My bad!
Sending purrs! :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is exactly the song I was referring to in my post. It’s been awhile since I listened to it but it still chokes me up just as much as it did the first time I heard it. Sadly, that isn’t too far off what has happened. The US has seen large rabbit populations along with England and Australia and the human answer is to get rid of the rabbits regardless of other consequences. Cats are now seen in a similar light in many places. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Maybe you could share this.
Thanks for mentioning the song. I'd never heard it before.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Pete Seeger and many others hoped to make an impression. They did make one on me. I began working in conservation efforts at a very young age. After 40+ years, I can tell you that humans are far more aware than they were then. Hope grows if we nurture it. That’s exactly what we are doing here now.
I think more people, particularly the younger generation, are becoming aware of conservation efforts and trying to save our planet. Hopefully their enthusiasm won't wan as they get older and realize change doesn't happen overnight.

On April fools day I told my Dad I had rescued a lion. I assumed he would know I was kidding. His reaction was, “ Oh no!” :flail:I guess I should have said, Elephant.🐘 Next time I’ll say Unicorn.🦄
LOL. Your Dad knows you well, and figures if there's an animal that needs rescuing, you'll be there to help. :petcat:

Have we seen that pretty white stripe on BJ's tummy before? :lovecat:

She joined BJ. I love the parental look they gave the others. ( uh, Maybe me too?:flail:)
28F7BEFA-5B43-4CAF-8FBD-749B26CCA8A9.jpeg
To me, I see "You're posting about us on the the internet again, aren't you". :catman:

Chez Catbird has a lot of visitors! Have a great night, everyone! And don't forget that extra hour of sleep...or work... :catlove:
1572781525982.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Yes, there are some very intelligent and caring people in the advocacy movement to try to get people to wake UP! before it's too late (if it isn't already). I was reading about these issues in school and became very galvanized but didn't go beyond writing to PTBs and talking to my peers and others about the need to live less selfishly and more consciously. People who are doing this now realize that THEY are going to be the ones directly impacted by it, so I doubt they'll turn their backs on it.
M maggiedemi Raccoons are unpredictable, all right. Better safe than sorry, I agree!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama :flail: “posting us on the internet again.” That’s probably exactly what BJ and Flowers were thinking.

That song is powerful and now the first line is stuck in my head. :oops: Going to the have to try and put another tune in brain. I know just where to find one too! The favorite song and album thread!;)

Bj was showing off his belly stripe. I love it when he sleeps. He’s so adorable. Speaking of adorable, there is a thread about our adorable cats this month!

I do think younger generations are more aware. The school children I went to talk to about conservation were only in the fourth grade and some in every group appeared to be very in tune to the issues. I was always pleasantly surprised with the questions and in years after, the follow up. I think that indicates the interest is maintained.

My poor Dad. Lol I never imagined he would believe I got a lion. I’m not sure where he thought I would find one but hopefully he won’t believe I found a Unicorn next time. :lol:
If I did find a lion, I would probably back up verrrrry slowly.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 My cats don’t observe daylight savings time either. I loved that!
No visitors yet tonight. I took the trash straight to the can! They were both so cute though! They didn’t make the mess I imagined either. They ate the leftovers very neatly.

M maggiedemi It was a good idea to remove Demi when you did. The Raccoon would probably have been scared by the paw but no point in taking any chances of a nip. Demi just loves all creatures! Maybe he had a toad and a Raccoon as friends when he was outside.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I meant to mention that I posted to the thread, “Evacuation Failure”. I just want to mention here that teaching your cat to hide in their carrier is a practice that can prevent lots of worry if you can convince the kitties that it’s a good place. It helps if it is time for a vet visit and even more so if there is an emergency such as needing to evacuate. Most here may already know I do this but I think it is worth repeating.
I use the carriers and cages as permanent fixtures in our house. I have tried to have all the kitties view them as a safe place to go when frightened and also as their private beds, homes and play places. The cats are so used to them being available, they’ve become ordinary furniture and cat caves to them. They can often be found sleeping inside, even the smallest carrier. Since cats seem to have extraordinary intuition about vet visits, when they hide to avoid going, they end up exactly where I need them to go. After vet exams, they immdediately retreat to their carrier and are calmer. That’s not to say that if I pick up a cat and try to inset them into a carrier, they might not object. Lol The trick is to get the cat to choose to go their themselves. Cats always anything it if it’s their idea. :lol:
Practicing for emergencies is something we often do with family members. Include the kitties in emergency drills. What would happen if you have a smoke alarm go off?

Practice makes purrfect.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to play with the kitties tonight using the new catnip bird. It chirps if you bump it. When I first unpacked it Muffin grabbed it to play. I allowed her to play with it until she quit. I put it up after that until I could remove the backing and activate the chirping mechanism. Tonight at playtime I brought it out to show the kitties. The toy had great reviews online.
Here is what happened during our cat toy review.
Cute little parrot!
740DBD41-6728-442D-BC31-EF580D3D90E8.jpeg

Ladies first!
D74290F4-6B26-49EE-BB25-2FFF25F5C9B1.jpeg

Bird? Well, it made me hungry.
FE72A1C8-4478-4561-958D-224C7BB2620B.jpeg

I tossed it into the crowd. Everyone looked.
28EB35FB-8D2F-4D55-8162-CBD128CAE913.jpeg

Muffin ran up and sniffed it. Then walked away. Nope!! Already seen it.
2C414E54-C5F6-46AC-8517-45C11F9F7574.jpeg

So Banjo came and sniffed it.
42389DD1-FAB0-4837-897E-72DEDEDDB9BD.jpeg

She also sniffed Muffin. Lol
120D4141-CF2D-4043-96EB-8E88224977DF.jpeg

Then she was more interested in watching Muffin sniff. Whistle was too.
0F6FB3A3-82EB-4CDC-A400-38D5A2A8D6F2.jpeg

Then muffin watched Whistle. Lol
3B007B8C-5154-4D52-92E3-FADA14EAE32A.jpeg

Banjo turned her back on it in rejection so Whistle came to investigate. Whistle loves toys!!
0A3DBF0F-3DE7-423A-B462-9765FA524244.jpeg

It chirped.
4692D0A9-72C9-49D8-B731-21ADBF2D32FD.jpeg

Bonjure joined the sniffing.
822D8FC7-F8B5-48A4-8C4C-6606EF3B6539.jpeg

As Bonjure and Whistle stared at it, Thrasher came to look.
D7382217-4F66-4205-AF79-9F7854F22AA1.jpeg

When Thrasher walked off, Mitsy cane to look.
76942D15-A2AD-4930-99AA-34B76DD9AAAA.jpeg

Look Mitsy! A bird! Nope.
EE4BD5B6-1090-449B-B886-1AAA0C5A1187.jpeg

Listen kitties!
A70F06A6-2031-4C41-8470-EBE4654239BB.jpeg

Bonjure? Look, it has feathers!
E2055CE7-A131-4AE4-A4C5-6A72879499D8.jpeg

Thrasher, you like toys and catnip! I’ll make it wiggle....:frustrated:
1C3F5101-15F9-447B-A250-5F66A9BBFA54.jpeg

BJ was sitting on the sofa so I tossed it to him.
Aiii! Something landed by my bum!
057B8D0B-BC5C-43B9-A14E-C758B7062F53.jpeg

Where did this come from?
D4172B8F-9F88-4996-AC55-3F031A8AB6CD.jpeg

Is it a bug or a bird?
5AA66B06-14C6-447D-91D4-3830E74B005B.jpeg

Not another fake?!?!?!
8A27E301-1083-42B5-BBB9-6B5AB894A8F5.jpeg

Mom? Are you frustrated?
045E3087-FEFB-4A36-BC3E-3AC4D9FC6027.jpeg

I don’t like fake birds as toys. Remember?
CC7DB10F-BECB-43EB-8FF8-8CB40C524DCE.jpeg

My head?
0F7D98E1-A765-42E7-A40E-04E1F383D85C.jpeg

It’s a hat?
210AE2AC-0B81-4B4E-B999-FD902D92FF44.jpeg

Now Muffin decides to swat it. Lol
1982A77F-6A47-463C-8F7B-C18EDEEADAE0.jpeg

Muffin can’t have it. I could sleep in this.
A2341CBF-27E4-4116-8185-21079C2EF242.jpeg

Feels kind of soothing and warm Mom.
B2FF7FE7-C1D0-4DBA-B8F2-3D1C76C71697.jpeg

It chirped!
9CE9EE6D-DA3A-412C-961D-EC3A33B4BBEF.jpeg

It kind of reminds me of sleeping outside with the birds.
E3662818-779D-4438-B66A-DC3703C55850.jpeg

It’s a cat white noise machine. Very relaxing.
FAE51396-05E2-45E3-A270-5A94A64C04EC.jpeg

Am I supposed to wear this?
744F4497-469F-44EB-ACE0-ED930C682ACF.jpeg

You don’t have to BJ. I’ll take it.
8C66F260-A331-43DE-9340-7DCE167ED7F0.jpeg

Nooo. Put it back.
37F4EE48-2A0A-48F6-B84C-CB87ED91E67E.jpeg

Does it make me look dashing?
7B88383A-2FC1-415C-92FD-D556FE3CD85A.jpeg

It fits well.
AC4F10EC-6DBB-4503-909D-FC492B618C6F.jpeg

I think I’ll keep it. Thanks for getting me a hat Mom.
9BD5C532-4F70-4E41-A6C4-7C836C19ED99.jpeg

I think we should see how it looks with my new boots!
ACEF1147-7AF1-4321-8345-8445E07C2A89.jpeg

:flail::thumbsup: Whatever works!
The bird was a total toy failure but a huge success as a hat with BJ. I’m not sure why he likes stuff on his head but I have to admit, he looks rather dashing with a feather tail down his back!! I’m not even sure how he keeps it balanced on his head as he moves around but he does!!:lol: Whatever makes him happy. BJ is definitely a bit of a Dandy! This sure beats the reaction he gave me to the spring toys!
Total reviews= 14 rejections
1=impartial
1= five stars
I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead and laughing. Gotta love a cat in a hat. :)
Have a great night everyone! Sending headwarming chirps! :kitty::heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama I meant to mention that I posted to the thread, “Evacuation Failure”. I just want to mention here that teaching your cat to hide in their carrier is a practice that can prevent lots of worry if you can convince the kitties that it’s a good place. It helps if it is time for a vet visit and even more so if there is an emergency such as needing to evacuate. Most here may already know I do this but I think it is worth repeating.
Thanks for posting in that thread. And the reminder here as well. It's something we all need to consider and plan for, in case an emergency were to occur.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to play with the kitties tonight using the new catnip bird. It chirps if you bump it. When I first unpacked it Muffin grabbed it to play. I allowed her to play with it until she quit. I put it up after that until I could remove the backing and activate the chirping mechanism. Tonight at playtime I brought it out to show the kitties. The toy had great reviews online.
Here is what happened during our cat toy review.
Cute little parrot!
View attachment 306345
Ladies first!
View attachment 306346
Bird? Well, it made me hungry.
View attachment 306347
I tossed it into the crowd. Everyone looked.
View attachment 306348
Muffin ran up and sniffed it. Then walked away. Nope!! Already seen it.
View attachment 306349
So Banjo came and sniffed it.
View attachment 306350
She also sniffed Muffin. Lol
View attachment 306351
Then she was more interested in watching Muffin sniff. Whistle was too.
View attachment 306352
Then muffin watched Whistle. Lol
View attachment 306353
Banjo turned her back on it in rejection so Whistle came to investigate. Whistle loves toys!!
View attachment 306354
It chirped.
View attachment 306355
Bonjure joined the sniffing.
View attachment 306356
As Bonjure and Whistle stared at it, Thrasher came to look.
View attachment 306357
When Thrasher walked off, Mitsy cane to look.
View attachment 306358
Look Mitsy! A bird! Nope.
View attachment 306359
Listen kitties!
View attachment 306360
Bonjure? Look, it has feathers!
View attachment 306361
Thrasher, you like toys and catnip! I’ll make it wiggle....:frustrated:
View attachment 306362
BJ was sitting on the sofa so I tossed it to him.
Aiii! Something landed by my bum!
View attachment 306363
Where did this come from?
View attachment 306364
Is it a bug or a bird?
View attachment 306365
Not another fake?!?!?!
View attachment 306366
Mom? Are you frustrated?
View attachment 306367
I don’t like fake birds as toys. Remember?
View attachment 306368
My head?
View attachment 306369
It’s a hat?
View attachment 306370
Now Muffin decides to swat it. Lol
View attachment 306371
Muffin can’t have it. I could sleep in this.
View attachment 306372
Feels kind of soothing and warm Mom.
View attachment 306373
It chirped!
View attachment 306374
It kind of reminds me of sleeping outside with the birds.
View attachment 306375
It’s a cat white noise machine. Very relaxing.
View attachment 306376
Am I supposed to wear this?
View attachment 306378
You don’t have to BJ. I’ll take it.
View attachment 306379
Nooo. Put it back.
View attachment 306380
Does it make me look dashing?
View attachment 306381
It fits well.
View attachment 306382
I think I’ll keep it. Thanks for getting me a hat Mom.
View attachment 306383
I think we should see how it looks with my new boots!
View attachment 306384

:flail::thumbsup: Whatever works!
The bird was a total toy failure but a huge success as a hat with BJ. I’m not sure why he likes stuff on his head but I have to admit, he looks rather dashing with a feather tail down his back!! I’m not even sure how he keeps it balanced on his head as he moves around but he does!!:lol: Whatever makes him happy. BJ is definitely a bit of a Dandy! This sure beats the reaction he gave me to the spring toys!
Total reviews= 14 rejections
1=impartial
1= five stars
I think I’ll quit while I’m ahead and laughing. Gotta love a cat in a hat. :)
Have a great night everyone! Sending headwarming chirps! :kitty::heartshape:
It may be that BJ has some piratical leanings -- do you think? :crackup:🦜🏴‍☠️ It is a very cute toy, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.