HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM INKY

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
1572399753213.png

Hi everyone! I drew this image of Inky for a class project. The project is a made up online business called, Friendly Ferals, that features holiday and greeting cards from feral cats. I shared it with my friend, Mamanyt, and she suggested that I share it with all of OUR good friends here.

Inky wants all of you to have a safe and fun Halloween this year.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is one beautiful cat!
Bonjure says ,”Thank you!” Purrrrrrr! He is my big baby, and I mean baby. He still thinks he’s a kitten. Lol I have three black cats along with various other colors. Lol He was a rescue that was bery sick and brought to me by a very old feral Tom cat. That old feral saved his life that night. Ferals are awesome! Bonjure can no longer claim feral status but he has more than earned an easier life.
An online business called “Friendly Ferals?” I think that’s great. Did you start it? Love to hear more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonjure says ,”Thank you!” Purrrrrrr! He is my big baby, and I mean baby. He still thinks he’s a kitten. Lol I have three black cats along with various other colors. Lol He was a rescue that was bery sick and brought to me by a very old feral Tom cat. That old feral saved his life that night. Ferals are awesome! Bonjure can no longer claim feral status but he has more than earned an easier life.
An online business called “Friendly Ferals?” I think that’s great. Did you start it? Love to hear more.

Bonjure is indeed a handsome guy and he looks pretty comfy in that photo. Bless that Tom, just another example of cats possessing the ability to feel empathy. A few years ago, I witnessed an old tom cat (Lord O'Malley), taking a very young female cat who had just been dumped on the parking lot, under his wing. They formed a bond, he showed her how to survive in that environment and she showed him that humans weren't that scary, she literally brought him up to me.

No, I just did that for a web writing class of mine. We needed to come up with an online business and I thought of feral cats. I don't think my instructor thought too much of my idea, but that's okay, not everyone is a cat person. :)

Oh, by the way, a friend of mine told me the other day that the name Inky is something a little kid would call their cat. LOL! So I guess I will have to come up with another name.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonjure is indeed a handsome guy and he looks pretty comfy in that photo. Bless that Tom, just another example of cats possessing the ability to feel empathy. A few years ago, I witnessed an old tom cat (Lord O'Malley), taking a very young female cat who had just been dumped on the parking lot, under his wing. They formed a bond, he showed her how to survive in that environment and she showed him that humans weren't that scary, she literally brought him up to me.

No, I just did that for a web writing class of mine. We needed to come up with an online business and I thought of feral cats. I don't think my instructor thought too much of my idea, but that's okay, not everyone is a cat person. :)

Oh, by the way, a friend of mine told me the other day that the name Inky is something a little kid would call their cat. LOL! So I guess I will have to come up with another name.
A name a kid would choose? Then my 75 year old Dad was a kid when he named one of his the same thing. Dad is 90 now and sharp as ever. I find Inky a perfect name for a black cat. Tell your friend it’s after octoPUSS ink. Lol. If they don’t watch out then Inky will move so fast it will seem like there are eight paws! ;) I had one named Inkjet. I believe that if the cat likes the name, it’s a done deal and no human can say otherwise. I think your friend would think me childish too. My eldest male black cat is Dolly!!:flail:People should understand that there are feelings or reasons we come to the names. Dolly was a teenage feral that hid in a box on my porch when the other ferals were all going at it when some cat entered heat.I though this kitty was hiding from that and before I could get the kitty I went toit each day to feed it so it would not starve as it hid. I greeted it but with just ,” kitty.” I finally started saying “Hello Dolly.” The cat responded. Okay, I started singing, “ Hello Dolly to the cat and it began tocome to me. Dolly stuck and later when I took the cat to be fixed I discovered she was a he! So he likes show tunes! Lol Fine by me. If anyone doesn’t like it, for all they know he could be named after Salvador Dali.:lol:
I have a Lady, a Mackie, a Purry and a Smokey. Not the most original but each has a story. I also have a Flowers, a Banjo and a Whistle! Bonjure got his name because the old Tom that brought him only understood French. I guess Tom, Jane, Dick and Harry are out too? Lol I think you should use the name you feel fits. If it anim’t broke, don’t fix it.
Ferals are the most amazing creatures. The story of Lord O’Malley and his lady is heartwarming. If only humans could be so awesome as a breed. Your poor instructor just needed to be educated! Missing an important degree. All cats have a Masters, Bachelors and PhD. They can do it all.

Actually, in all seriousness, a real business like the one you imagined would be a fabulous way to raise awareness and even funding for Ferals. I constantly work to help others find resources to save ferals and find myself educating a lot of humans about the realities of feral life. I bet your local shelter or county Animal rescues would love it. TNR groups are always looking for ideas. I found myself in the position of rushing to save ferals that were in grave danger and began working with the political end of rescuing. People like you are greatly needed. :clap2::purr: Inky too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
A name a kid would choose? Then my 75 year old Dad was a kid when he named one of his the same thing. Dad is 90 now and sharp as ever. I find Inky a perfect name for a black cat. Tell your friend it’s after octoPUSS ink. Lol. If they don’t watch out then Inky will move so fast it will seem like there are eight paws! ;) I had one named Inkjet. I believe that if the cat likes the name, it’s a done deal and no human can say otherwise. I think your friend would think me childish too. My eldest male black cat is Dolly!!:flail:People should understand that there are feelings or reasons we come to the names. Dolly was a teenage feral that hid in a box on my porch when the other ferals were all going at it when some cat entered heat.I though this kitty was hiding from that and before I could get the kitty I went toit each day to feed it so it would not starve as it hid. I greeted it but with just ,” kitty.” I finally started saying “Hello Dolly.” The cat responded. Okay, I started singing, “ Hello Dolly to the cat and it began tocome to me. Dolly stuck and later when I took the cat to be fixed I discovered she was a he! So he likes show tunes! Lol Fine by me. If anyone doesn’t like it, for all they know he could be named after Salvador Dali.:lol:
I have a Lady, a Mackie, a Purry and a Smokey. Not the most original but each has a story. I also have a Flowers, a Banjo and a Whistle! Bonjure got his name because the old Tom that brought him only understood French. I guess Tom, Jane, Dick and Harry are out too? Lol I think you should use the name you feel fits. If it anim’t broke, don’t fix it.
Ferals are the most amazing creatures. The story of Lord O’Malley and his lady is heartwarming. If only humans could be so awesome as a breed. Your poor instructor just needed to be educated! Missing an important degree. All cats have a Masters, Bachelors and PhD. They can do it all.

Actually, in all seriousness, a real business like the one you imagined would be a fabulous way to raise awareness and even funding for Ferals. I constantly work to help others find resources to save ferals and find myself educating a lot of humans about the realities of feral life. I bet your local shelter or county Animal rescues would love it. TNR groups are always looking for ideas. I found myself in the position of rushing to save ferals that were in grave danger and began working with the political end of rescuing. People like you are greatly needed. :clap2::purr: Inky too!

Thank you, jcatbird, for you vote of confidence on my project and the name. :) My mother had a cat when she was in fouth grade who she named Inky- and when I saw Inky for the very first time, the name just came naturally. Now I wish I had named him something cooler, like Warlock or Wicca.

I'm with your dad, I don't think its a bad thing to retain some of those childlike characteristics. Life is too short, so we might as well have as much fun with it while we can. I think it is great that he is ninety and still gives the twenty year olds a run for their money. I hope I am like that when I hit his age.

Dolly is a cute name and it seems to be the name that he chose. Has he seen the musical? :) When I first started trying to get Jeff to come to me, I would shake the bag of food and say: "Puss, Puss?"- so of course puss puss became her nickname.

About the ferals:
That was my intention when doing this project, I wanted to show people that ferals are not mean and dangerous, that they are every bit capable of showing love as any cat. The cards would have drawing of the cat, along with his/her name, and a short story. People really do have mixed feelings when it comes to wild house cats, some are really sympathetic, and others view them as wildlife killing pests. I don't understand the mentality behind the latter view.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about the different views. I work constantly to change them. Your project would help if you did implement it. I think a picture with the story of the individual cat would warm the hearts of those who read it. A lot of the attitude is just plain ignorance. People tend to believe what they read or hear and most publicity in the past has been negative. We work to change that now. The other thing that comes before me is fear. We fear what we do not know or do not understand. That’s why the pictures and stories could help. I think that if cat lovers sent them to people who have even a sliver of an open mind, it could sway them to listen and look further. It’s a process. I brought in an older feral that , even I wasn’t sure of the outcome. Not only did he adapt, he is the biggest lap cat, love bug ever.
He went from this.....
AEDB8914-717B-425C-9902-B7B9DA516471.jpeg

To this....
5719E987-6F0E-476B-A141-072FD61C5F97.jpeg

To loving getting under the covers. Lol
F0C96E30-08A8-4EAB-A9FA-DA0BFF2846BB.jpeg

There are dozens of stories of the ferals I rescued from humans with bad ideas and worse intentions. I have been writing the thread to help others understand that ferals are wonderful, appreciative of everything we do to help them and can totally be loving indoor kitties. Even old ferals can be social creatures. The other myth I fight is that only feral kittens can be socialized. Not true. BJ is a purrfect example and is now greatly loved by many on the site. Who could resist this big sweetie? If you ever need subject for the idea.... I’d be happy to share the love and stories and love of these kitties to help the cause.
2DD615B7-0451-4378-A78C-36C1FFD5FF79.jpeg

E8BD59CE-DCDB-4377-BE68-ED15237ECD2B.jpeg
2D566F7E-628A-4C99-837A-41143E974206.jpeg