My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmm. The stirring by BJ might have been more than I realized. There seems to be a bug going around. Froggie needs to stop sharing enchanted bugs with the cats!

Something is stirring at Chez Catbird! View attachment 305575
Bonjure!
View attachment 305576
So where’s your cocoon? ( Look at Bj! :flail:)
View attachment 305577
I love the look from Whistle in the background.,:lol:
View attachment 305578
It seems Smokey is noticing too.
View attachment 305579
Bonjure actually seems to like having wings!!
View attachment 305580
Ohhhhh! I get it. If cats could fly.....
View attachment 305581
No Bonjure. No chasing birdies or butterflies! 🐦🦋
View attachment 305583
Maybe Froggie is recruiting help to catch bigger bugs! 🐸:lol:
You never know what a chowder of ferals will do next.
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
I spy with my little eye,
A fluffy, glossy,
CATTERFLY!!!:bluebutterfly::blackcat2::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
Cats are very intuitive and when one of their number may be embarrassed, the others try very hard not to heighten the sensation :cutecat::kneading::lovecat3::zzzcat:
Don't you think?

As for President-to-hopefully-be BANJO, I would like to suggest that humane education be made mandatory from the earliest educational level on up, universally (or at least nationally), which would increase spaying/neutering and adopting for life, and prioritize, as well it should, making shelters truly SHELTERS. :soapbox:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A Catterfly! Lol I do agree that embarrassment of a cat makes everyone squirm. I never force cotsumes on any animal. If Bonjure hadn’t been a willing, and even happy, participant, all would immediately be removed. He only got upset when Banjo grabbed his antennae from above and ran off with them. Leave it to Banjo! These were just put on with a light twist of the cord so easily removed if disliked. Bonjure is so funny. Any attention is good attention but he loves grooming of any sort so I guess this appealed in that manner. I do think Smokey was embarrassed for him though! Lol BJ was just wondering why he didn’t get the new outfit! :lol: Whistle....... totally different scenario. That was a look approaching the same horror he shows with trash bag bunny ears. Thank goodness he loves Froggie and family!

Excellent suggestion for all!
Banjo declaration number #1
Humane education for all humans beginning in Nursery School and continuing through out all school years. Mandatory!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A Catterfly! Lol I do agree that embarrassment of a cat makes everyone squirm. I never force cotsumes on any animal. If Bonjure hadn’t been a willing, and even happy, participant, all would immediately be removed. He only got upset when Banjo grabbed his antennae from above and ran off with them. Leave it to Banjo! These were just put on with a light twist of the cord so easily removed if disliked. Bonjure is so funny. Any attention is good attention but he loves grooming of any sort so I guess this appealed in that manner. I do think Smokey was embarrassed for him though! Lol BJ was just wondering why he didn’t get the new outfit! :lol: Whistle....... totally different scenario. That was a look approaching the same horror he shows with trash bag bunny ears. Thank goodness he loves Froggie and family!

Excellent suggestion for all!
Banjo declaration number #1
Humane education for all humans beginning in Nursery School and continuing through out all school years. Mandatory!
Awww. And the antennae are so cute on Bonjure, too! Did Banjo want them for herself, I wonder, or did she plan on hiding them so well no one would ever find them?
Grooming is big around here, too. There used to be lines waiting for the brushings. Now, they may want to be brushed more than once a day and I do love to oblige!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Very good question about what Banjo intended to do with the antenna. My best guess is that she wanted to play with them and then put them in her private sofa hiding place. I find all sorts of things under there. Anytime I need a pen, pencil, notepad or anything I may have been using moments before, it’s probably under the sofa along with a pouch of cat treats. You already know she likes the phone. She also swiped my keys once. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Very good question about what Banjo intended to do with the antenna. My best guess is that she wanted to play with them and then put them in her private sofa hiding place. I find all sorts of things under there. Anytime I need a pen, pencil, notepad or anything I may have been using moments before, it’s probably under the sofa along with a pouch of cat treats. You already know she likes the phone. She also swiped my keys once. :lol:
My beloved King Sunny used to swipe pens and straws right out of my drinking glass, and hide them under the bookcase. I often saw him in the act. He knew I'd laugh. They can be little pack rats, can't they? *Having known a lot of pack rats in the Mojave, I know the behavior pattern!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved King Sunny used to swipe pens and straws right out of my drinking glass, and hide them under the bookcase. I often saw him in the act. He knew I'd laugh. They can be little pack rats, can't they? *Having known a lot of pack rats in the Mojave, I know the behavior pattern!*
Well, that explains it. Banjo is part cat and part pack rat. Lol She’s so funny. No day passes here without laughter from a cat.
Maybe I should rephrase that.....laughter caused by a cat. :lol: Mmmmm. Maybe both?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that explains it. Banjo is part cat and part pack rat. Lol She’s so funny. No day passes here without laughter from a cat.
Maybe I should rephrase that.....laughter caused by a cat. :lol: Mmmmm. Maybe both?
Pack (wood) rats are really cute, but they have some pretty destructive habits. They like eating wiring and firewalls in vehicular engine compartments, for instance. :gaah:Desert Woodrats - Pack Rats - DesertUSA And the nests they build in said engine compartments are truly spectacular!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have good news tonight! First though....I just learned that there are Red Cross First aid and Army survival apps for our phones! Very good idea!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I was reading about the little pack rats through the link you provided and just kept going! Lol That’s how I found out about the first aid app! Thanks for the info on the little trader rats and the link. Plus plus!

Way behind here. A lot has been going on. Good news! I spoke to the County rep today and the TNR program and regulations are in the works to be refined! All good. Previously the laws were a bit blurry so clarifying helps. Many places state that trapping neutering is fine but the release was considered neglect legally. Even if a colony gets fed and vet care as needed you could not TNR without the release part being a legal issue. This is something they are trying to clarify so that as long as the cat is not dumped in a place that puts it at risk, TNR will be okay. Feral colonies here are getting fed and getting vet care as well as having shelters provided so they can live free, healthy and not be subjected to producing endless numbers of babies that cause the colony to outgrow all possibilities of getting proper care. Releasing a cat back into that enviroment would be legal after clarification is completed.

Another thing is that if you take on the care of an animal here for a certain length of days, you become legally responsible for it, also meaning you cannot release a feral after having them in your care for Spay/neutering. They hope to make it understood that you can release a feral after immunizations and Spay Neuter if it is released back into a safe enviroment.

Just a couple of the refinements but it is all very important. TNR is vital and there should not be any confusion about the rules for those willing to do it. I hope it can all be accomplished., I greatly admire all those working to eliminate any roadblocks for TNR programs.

Besides getting the details on all that, I also had other good news! Recently I asked for good vibes, hopes, and prayers for an older kitty that was in a hurry to be adopted out of a shelter. The California kitty is now safe! Thank you to everyone who sent good thoughts and hopes for that kitty! One more saved! This was an excellent day for kitties!

The kitties here have been dodging me today. Lol I found a baby flea. Yep! Flea treatments. The treatment I had been using did not kill the larvae so for this month we switched it up a wee bit. Same brand but one of their other formulas. The eggs must go so no baby fleas hatch! Yuck! Fleas are one of the few living creatures I don’t love. Lol As soon as I opened the first flea treatment kitties started to notice. It took all afternoon and half the night but I got all the kitties except for Alley. She’s very sneaky! :lol: That’s okay, I’m patient.
31E3257E-E63D-4C46-B7FB-032CEF091DC6.jpeg

I got Purry first.
A4BACFF3-1A54-4B80-A916-5B26B3ECA81B.jpeg

Wait!
51EAC3F0-17C0-4F2E-9D2D-10CB89E5B956.jpeg

Then he returned the love! That’s what I get for letting him watch TV. He saw a Halloween movie today about a vampire!
🧛‍♂️
D1464ED1-7D95-4EB5-B1B6-BB2D2C132895.jpeg

Then BJ.
Is that flea treatment?
5A29F80C-227C-42BF-B462-DE4B71A48BC0.jpeg

It’s not going on me, is it?
24C67BB7-909C-4E9B-88B4-3C06C60967D5.jpeg

Rats. She got me.
63775353-9D2C-460A-B6E1-607A7A51F19E.jpeg

I’m going to rub against Mom so she doesn’t get fleas either.
6BB288FE-F178-4240-8DA8-0B91C9DC2D13.jpeg

:insertevillaugh:
E4B6929B-CF9B-42B2-A023-39E243A83A7E.jpeg

I wuv you Mom! Get Banjo.
1799A3C9-825B-49C7-BADF-1EF1C22715DB.jpeg

I worked my way through the house. When I got to Goldie and family they looked so content snuggled together. Awww! Sorry kitties!
B13E03BC-4B63-4120-8155-931696079C1B.jpeg

Mountain Bear!
Why would you do that to me Mom?
A2D3FFC2-6031-4E05-802A-FED403469F1C.jpeg

You realize we hate that stuff, right?
E6C2E119-BACD-44C2-850F-4FE0D61862D9.jpeg

The label says odorless. Not true Mom!
Not true.
14984A6F-B77B-427C-A331-2B2F5CE29C7D.jpeg

I went back in a little later to check on the kitties and they had settled back in but then I got the look.
1026BAA7-75E1-4FD4-92A4-E23D29E9C7B7.jpeg

You’re not going to do that again are you?!?!?
8BC5A770-8C7E-40ED-AB6E-AC08CEBD5825.jpeg

Sorry babies!

Thank goodness kitties always forgive!
I always hate to upset them.
479D8131-48EC-48A8-846E-B42375CC5238.jpeg

Thank you BJ. I feel much better now! :redheartpump:
6A0D1BA1-64A9-4E15-95BD-08CAF161B6A7.jpeg

And I won’t have fleas! :flail:

I ordered some DE. Maybe none of us will have to get a flea treatment next month! :lol:

Have a great night everyone. :heartshape:

Attachments

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My best guess is that she wanted to play with them and then put them in her private sofa hiding place. I find all sorts of things under there.
Over the last couple of days, Ruby rooted all her toys out of the cubby in her condo where I keep them. I finally picked them all up yesterday, and counted as I went along. There were 32 different toys! All different type of balls, soft catnip toys, bottle caps, paper towel rings, etc. After I'd picked them all up, I thought "I should have taken a picture". Next time...

Good news! I spoke to the County rep today and the TNR program and regulations are in the works to be refined! All good.
Excellent news!

Recently I asked for good vibes, hopes, and prayers for an older kitty that was in a hurry to be adopted out of a shelter. The California kitty is now safe! Thank you to everyone who sent good thoughts and hopes for that kitty! One more saved! This was an excellent day for kitties!
More excellent news!

Fleas are one of the few living creatures I don’t love. Lol
LOL.

Then he returned the love! That’s what I get for letting him watch TV. He saw a Halloween movie today about a vampire!
🧛‍♂️
Ouch. Purry, stop biting mom. You're not Dracula.

I worked my way through the house. When I got to Goldie and family they looked so content snuggled together. Awww! Sorry kitties!
Awww... sweet family.

I went back in a little later to check on the kitties and they had settled back in but then I got the look.
LOL.

Glad you got that all done. Hopefully the DE will work, and you won't have to do it again.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the last couple of days, Ruby rooted all her toys out of the cubby in her condo where I keep them. I finally picked them all up yesterday, and counted as I went along. There were 32 different toys! All different type of balls, soft catnip toys, bottle caps, paper towel rings, etc. After I'd picked them all up, I thought "I should have taken a picture". Next time...

Excellent news!

More excellent news!

LOL.

Ouch. Purry, stop biting mom. You're not Dracula.

Awww... sweet family.

LOL.

Glad you got that all done. Hopefully the DE will work, and you won't have to do it again.

Ruby! :flail:Were you expecting a play date with Mom? Not so subtle a hint!
I’ve often been amazed at the accumulation of toys here. When I first got the kitty pools the cats gathered their toys in the same way. The pools were floating in toys. Now they seem to prefer lounging in the pools.
I do wish you had gotten a picture! Definitely next time. I know that would have gotten lots of smiles.

Yesterday was filled with good news. After the month I just had it was very welcome! Still no delivery from Chewy! I spoke to them yesterday and they assured me today or tomorrow. We’ve been so excited waiting for the new Spring toys! I must say, I wish they had contacted me about the delay or explained upon my second call to them. Since I called again yesterday, maybe that means the good vibes of the day will get the Springs and order moving! :yess:We are getting acatnip bird that makes bird noises whenever it is touched. Lol That should be interesting! I’m thinking Wanda Heart but it might be scary. Precious would probably mangle it. Not sure where it will end up but I know Banjo would put it under the sofa. That could be a little alarming for any guests!:lol:

Purry just got me once. Payback for putting meds on his neck. I guess I earned it. Lol

We are all looking forward to trying the DE. I hope it works.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruby! :flail:Were you expecting a play date with Mom? Not so subtle a hint!
I’ve often been amazed at the accumulation of toys here. When I first got the kitty pools the cats gathered their toys in the same way. The pools were floating in toys. Now they seem to prefer lounging in the pools.
I do wish you had gotten a picture! Definitely next time. I know that would have gotten lots of smiles.

Yesterday was filled with good news. After the month I just had it was very welcome! Still no delivery from Chewy! I spoke to them yesterday and they assured me today or tomorrow. We’ve been so excited waiting for the new Spring toys! I must say, I wish they had contacted me about the delay or explained upon my second call to them. Since I called again yesterday, maybe that means the good vibes of the day will get the Springs and order moving! :yess:We are getting acatnip bird that makes bird noises whenever it is touched. Lol That should be interesting! I’m thinking Wanda Heart but it might be scary. Precious would probably mangle it. Not sure where it will end up but I know Banjo would put it under the sofa. That could be a little alarming for any guests!:lol:

Purry just got me once. Payback for putting meds on his neck. I guess I earned it. Lol

We are all looking forward to trying the DE. I hope it works.
That's terrible about your order! Petco.com, if anything, over-notifies about order status. *Just in case you want an alternative.*
Glad you enjoyed the pack rat article and found some useful apps! I got an earthquake alert app -- very useful for us out here.
Advantage is the only topical I will use. And DE completes the protection. Mehndi used to run like he was shot from a cannon when I put Advantage on him! He was the only one who reacted like that.
Very glad about CATifornia cat being safe!
The new toy sounds interesting. We've had several toys that have computer chips in them that make a noise when the toy is moved. One of them got stuck! I had to resort to banging it on the floor to get it to stop. As for cats, they really didn't show a lot of interest in the sounds the toys make.
We have boxes and baskets full of toys. I only throw a toy away if it is worn out beyond usefulness and safety, so over the years, there have been a LOT of toys bought. I even have a little stocking that belonged to my first big brofur who was already 3 when I was born. I have one of his dishes, too. Those are precious keepsakes.
We had TNR as municipal policy in L.A. awhile back, but it was overturned and made forbidden, which obviously negatively impacted a LOT of cats. They are thinking of reinstituting it now, because :doh2: IT WORKS. I've received an email today that the PTB's received my email in support of the program. Heartfelt *PRAYERS* for it to pass!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you could tell the world one thing to try and help kitties, what would you say?
I asked Hekitty, and this is what she came up with, although there are two...

NO DECLAWING...or tail docking or ear cropping...goggies have feelings too!

FERAL KITTEHS ARE NOT VERMIN! They did not do us wrong, we did them wrong. TNR and PROTECT!

Chewy is here! Back later with photos and responses to posts!
Everyone keep in mind that Halloween is here. Keep kitties inside!
THAT sounds more like the Chewy I know! YAY!

And now I must go and prepare for marauding hooligans!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked Hekitty, and this is what she came up with, although there are two...

NO DECLAWING...or tail docking or ear cropping...goggies have feelings too!

FERAL KITTEHS ARE NOT VERMIN! They did not do us wrong, we did them wrong. TNR and PROTECT!

THAT sounds more like the Chewy I know! YAY!

And now I must go and prepare for marauding hooligans!
Absolutely agree with you on the cat comments! And I advocate for what was law in ancient Egypt -- capital punishment for anyone harming any cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.