My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama It truly is a happy ending for Fayola. The kitten I posted the link about got a vet check today and SHE is reported to be healthy. Good news!
I’m glad you got a chuckle from my laughing boy. He does funny stuff a lot but trailing the tissue was a new one.
I think everyone here advocates for cats. It’s a united effort that I am always grateful to be a part of.

@catsknowme It’s great to see you here! Online dollar store! Yippee! :lol: I’ll check it out. You never know what they will have next!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Blue is a beauty! I just love the one blue eye and one green. His personality is much like BJ except that he is shy. He is totally devoted to his wife and child too. It’s really heart warming to see the affection they share. I think if I had not brought them in first, we would have had a lot more furry kitties. He was the Dad to Harlequin and siblings. Very beautiful fluff babies.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know what you mean about Bonjure. He’s like a giant fur snuggle bunny. I love the contrast of the golden yellow eyes against that black coat. You would love his purrsonality too. He still thinks he is a human baby and puts his front paws around my neck to be picked up and held. I think he would be happy in one of those pouch baby carriers all the time if I could take the weight.

I checked out Petco. Their site is very similar and seems to be equally priced. I did see the food you mentioned. I’d love to try some new food on the kitties here but they always turn up their noses when I try. :dunno: I have bought lots of different types to attempt getting them on some duck or other foods. So far they just look at me like I offered them hot peppers and rutabagas.:lol: The reviews on the food you use were very good. Here it’s 54 cans a day though! Plus dry. I may try it to see if they’ll eat it. I’d like to see Mackie and BJ on something else if they’ll tolerate it.
Both places offer auto ship so if I like anything from either, I could alternate. :)

The kitties have been all over me today. It must be happy cat day. Lol Perhaps they are just glad I bought toys somewhere besides the usual place! :lol:

It started with Banjo! :kitty:
View attachment 304948
Funny how they know when you’re trying to do paperwork. Lol
View attachment 304949
We all know that chin scratches are far more important.
View attachment 304950
In return I got a great big Banjo smile and head bump.
View attachment 304952
Noticing that there was some loving happening, we were joined by Flowers.
View attachment 304956
Banjo doubled her efforts to keep my attention focused on her. Lol
View attachment 304958
Yes Banjo.
View attachment 304959
You are beautiful!
View attachment 304960
Satisfied with the compliment, Banjo took a spot behind my head.
View attachment 304961
BJ joined the crowd and settled by Flowers in my lap.
View attachment 304962
He had to nudge his way in a little bit since Flowers co owns the sofa now. Lol
View attachment 304963
Flowers did try to move him over.
View attachment 304964
Bj ignored that!!
View attachment 304965
I intervened by giving Flowers scratches.
View attachment 304966
She knew exactly what I was doing too! :lol:
View attachment 304967
Just when I figure out a way to work around three cats, number four shows up!
View attachment 304981
No spot open in the lap?
View attachment 304970
Awwww. Mitsy feels left out.
View attachment 304971
She reaches out to BJ....
View attachment 304972
With such a sweet little paw!
View attachment 304973
Nobody moved over!
View attachment 304975
Mom?
View attachment 304976
Mitsy feels sad.
View attachment 304978
Don’t be sad Mitsy. I love you. Give Mom a high five!
View attachment 304984
Yes!
View attachment 304983
That’s my girl!
View attachment 304985
Happy cat! I got a Mitsy smile. :redheartpump:
View attachment 304986
The paperwork can wait, the kitty smiles can’t! :catlove:

It can be a bit challenging to keep everyone smiling at once but it’s worth any effort it takes. Just look at that little expression change and all it took was giving my attention. :lovecat3: Content kitties always make me smile and they certainly are easy to
please. The others did make a spot for her. Lol I wonder if number five is coming? :flail:

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
Don't you think everyone is trying to offer help and support while you are dealing with that paperwork? I am often stressed by paperwork and so I often receive sympathy and help ;):cloud9::dancingblackcat::bicolorcat::petcat:They are so caring! And yes, undivided attention is the best. As we all know :)
Soulistic makes a lot of very good varieties! I buy mostly different seafood formulas and turkey. Their food seems to be consistently excellent in quality and not exorbitantly priced. It's too bad Chewy doesn't carry it
*Thanking you for Prayers/good thoughts for those in the fire zones. We are not near them but I love our great State and am always concerned for all in the zones, especially cats and those who care for/about them!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Oh yes. They kitties definitely want to help with the paperwork. Banjo seems to be very observant of this sort or activity. I think she would just do it for me if she could. They always sense our moods and stress levels. Mitsy even reaches out to me. Lol They are the biggest supporters we humans could ever have. What would we do without them?
I used to have a sweet girl who would answer the phone for me. She even meowed a hello.
:lol:

I don’t know yet how things with my order will go. It’s supposed to be here tomorrow. I know the kitties will be excited. I will be using the attack Dolly to bring it all in. Lol Verrrrry carefully. I wish that they did carry the soulistic foods but I may try them through Petco. I saw some really neat stuff there. One nice thing about Chewy is that I could do it all without having be be looking at this tiny screen. Big plus for me. I’ll see if Petco can do that too. I like having multiple resources.
I’m glad you are not near the fires. I was getting texts last night about them. One person I heard about did get all of their small pets out in time and another got her kitty out but had to put her in a pillowcase to do it. Kitty was okay though. That’s what counts. We can replace things but not our babies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Oh yes. They kitties definitely want to help with the paperwork. Banjo seems to be very observant of this sort or activity. I think she would just do it for me if she could. They always sense our moods and stress levels. Mitsy even reaches out to me. Lol They are the biggest supporters we humans could ever have. What would we do without them?
I used to have a sweet girl who would answer the phone for me. She even meowed a hello.
:lol:

I don’t know yet how things with my order will go. It’s supposed to be here tomorrow. I know the kitties will be excited. I will be using the attack Dolly to bring it all in. Lol Verrrrry carefully. I wish that they did carry the soulistic foods but I may try them through Petco. I saw some really neat stuff there. One nice thing about Chewy is that I could do it all without having be be looking at this tiny screen. Big plus for me. I’ll see if Petco can do that too. I like having multiple resources.
I’m glad you are not near the fires. I was getting texts last night about them. One person I heard about did get all of their small pets out in time and another got her kitty out but had to put her in a pillowcase to do it. Kitty was okay though. That’s what counts. We can replace things but not our babies.
Yes, and because Wildlife Waystation, in the local area, has closed down, it will be more difficult to temporarily house some of the large animals; but there are quite a few large animal sanctuaries in the general area. IDK how they are on taking in temporary refugees. Some private property owners who have hoses or other large animals open their hearts and properties to help in these fires. They are wonderful! They use social media (twitter, mostly) to let people know. SO grateful for the internet! and these platforms and caring people.
Petco's website is pretty user-friendly, I think. You can also talk to them telephonically or via chat if you need to.
Does Banjo seem interested in becoming a CPA? ;):hellocomputer:She could substantially increase funding for those 54(!) cans a day!
Our beloved Tomo-Taisho had a LOUD purr and I used to put him on the phone for my mom, who loved to hear him.;)
scan0022.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I think Banjo would be a great CatPublicAccountant. She loves pens and the internet so....... maybe she needs to attend a Vocational school. :) She already keeps track of (hides) the treat inventory!

Large and in charge and totally adorable. Owning the world. I love that photo! :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I think Banjo would be a great CatPublicAccountant. She loves pens and the internet so....... maybe she needs to attend a Vocational school. :) She already keeps track of (hides) the treat inventory!

Large and in charge and totally adorable. Owning the world. I love that photo! :redheartpump:
He was QUITE a cat. He and his paramour, the Lady Kinoko, were a legendary couple here on earth and I am sure they are Up There, too with their mom.
scan0020.jpg
scan0020.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Oh my! I can see that they were legendary. I would never have gotten out of bed with those kitties around. Snuggle time! I love all colors but any tinge of Siamese always draws me in since I had Siamese when I was very young. They were wonderful friends to have. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked to the husband of a friend today. She had to travel away for family stuff for awhile and left hubby in charge of the kitties and two small dogs. Whoops! He loves them all but also works and with her away it can be tough. It looks like I may be doing some assisting. One of the kitties needs to take some meds sooooo...... lol. Fortunately the kitties know me and don’t live far away. I may be adding some things to my kitty shopping list for a little while. Beautiful kitties! One is a Ginger fluff! She likes to climb on my shoulders and stayed with me when Mom needed a kitty sitter. When she returned home she started riding on everyone’s shoulder! :lol: I’ve also kept one of the little dogs before. A solid white fluff that loves kitties, he came here at the height of my kitty rescues. I wasn’t sure how that would go but he was a perfect gentleman. Well, there was the one time he dashed off on a very cold winter night but it was just a case of puppy zoomies. I found it really amusing to see that the ferals didn’t really recognize him as a dog. I’m pretty sure they decided he was just another cat. My good fortune I think! Size, shape and fluff looked about right! I wasn’t telling! One of the younger kitties decided he was great to make biscuits on and he responded by washing the kitty. Very large tongue for kitty washing though! Lolololol I was very grateful that I could help my friends out when their babies needed someone. I would always hope that if mine needed help, someone would make sure they were all okay until I could return. I’m looking forward to seeing them all again. It’s been awhile.

It’s always interesting to me to watch the kitties as the seasons begin to change. It’s time to snuggle! Along with thicker coats the kitties seem to want to move from the cat room and into my lap more. It’s really nice. I was thrilled that they love the cat room but honestly, I kind of like the piles of kitties around me. Lol Tonight was a banner night!
Here they come! Smiles arriving!

I was making out a couple of bills when this happened. Now I can Whistle while I work! :lol:
18857253-304A-4CF1-8BC9-4C557B953C13.jpeg

Maybe I’ll finish them later. Muffin joined us.
AC40DFAC-5BB6-44A8-AA00-9C9376DF6E09.jpeg

Kodiak came in from the back.
20030D25-673E-4FF8-BB33-A7AD2D62E97B.jpeg

Yep! Snuggle time!
ECCB472E-64C5-4013-88C2-8B7783114A37.jpeg

Heh! Now BJ took the prime spot beside me so...
48BEE8E0-01C9-4E63-A52F-B70385F17B72.jpeg

Muffin went high.
29D1010C-C848-453E-B875-778579EF4D7C.jpeg

Never one to miss out, Mitsy is in the mix.
FF8686BC-D6F1-4FF3-8D8B-8E0CCD20D6BD.jpeg

She almost always takes my right side. Good thing that spot was still open.
3DD0296A-C763-4A9B-B951-18EFF243ED81.jpeg

Ha! The line is forming! Yay! Thrasher and Banjo are moving in.
61E049D7-46F6-4BE8-BF13-99BBCCC24396.jpeg

The pile of fur is growing with Flowers!
717DDAA9-03E2-4539-AEAF-6BCD78BDA71F.jpeg

The giant baby Bonjure is going for my shoulders.
6C47B5BC-A2EE-4148-A09F-11DBD4B28B0A.jpeg

Come on in Smokey! You can get on top of the pile. :flail:
9EEB1A96-4369-4444-8D2F-6D057ED336CE.jpeg

Hmmm. I see Dolly is up and snoring nearby. Purry is on the other sofa with a toy. Where’s Lady?

Heh heh! Are you kidding? I’m staying here! I have all the blankets in the cat room to myself! It’s Lady’s room now! :lovecat3:
6317D16F-9428-4578-88BF-C3D6DFA401BD.jpeg

I’m considering putting a cot next to the sofa! Maybe I need a sectional?!?!? Or a sofa bed to accommodate everyone? :flail:

Have a cat pile kind of night everyone! :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked to the husband of a friend today. She had to travel away for family stuff for awhile and left hubby in charge of the kitties and two small dogs. Whoops! He loves them all but also works and with her away it can be tough. It looks like I may be doing some assisting. One of the kitties needs to take some meds sooooo...... lol. Fortunately the kitties know me and don’t live far away. I may be adding some things to my kitty shopping list for a little while. Beautiful kitties! One is a Ginger fluff! She likes to climb on my shoulders and stayed with me when Mom needed a kitty sitter. When she returned home she started riding on everyone’s shoulder! :lol: I’ve also kept one of the little dogs before. A solid white fluff that loves kitties, he came here at the height of my kitty rescues. I wasn’t sure how that would go but he was a perfect gentleman. Well, there was the one time he dashed off on a very cold winter night but it was just a case of puppy zoomies. I found it really amusing to see that the ferals didn’t really recognize him as a dog. I’m pretty sure they decided he was just another cat. My good fortune I think! Size, shape and fluff looked about right! I wasn’t telling! One of the younger kitties decided he was great to make biscuits on and he responded by washing the kitty. Very large tongue for kitty washing though! Lolololol I was very grateful that I could help my friends out when their babies needed someone. I would always hope that if mine needed help, someone would make sure they were all okay until I could return. I’m looking forward to seeing them all again. It’s been awhile.

It’s always interesting to me to watch the kitties as the seasons begin to change. It’s time to snuggle! Along with thicker coats the kitties seem to want to move from the cat room and into my lap more. It’s really nice. I was thrilled that they love the cat room but honestly, I kind of like the piles of kitties around me. Lol Tonight was a banner night!
Here they come! Smiles arriving!

I was making out a couple of bills when this happened. Now I can Whistle while I work! :lol:
View attachment 305131
Maybe I’ll finish them later. Muffin joined us.
View attachment 305132
Kodiak came in from the back.
View attachment 305133
Yep! Snuggle time!
View attachment 305134
Heh! Now BJ took the prime spot beside me so...
View attachment 305135
Muffin went high.
View attachment 305136
Never one to miss out, Mitsy is in the mix.
View attachment 305137
She almost always takes my right side. Good thing that spot was still open. View attachment 305138
Ha! The line is forming! Yay! Thrasher and Banjo are moving in.
View attachment 305139
The pile of fur is growing with Flowers!
View attachment 305140
The giant baby Bonjure is going for my shoulders.
View attachment 305141
Come on in Smokey! You can get on top of the pile. :flail:
View attachment 305142
Hmmm. I see Dolly is up and snoring nearby. Purry is on the other sofa with a toy. Where’s Lady?

Heh heh! Are you kidding? I’m staying here! I have all the blankets in the cat room to myself! It’s Lady’s room now! :lovecat3:
View attachment 305144
I’m considering putting a cot next to the sofa! Maybe I need a sectional?!?!? Or a sofa bed to accommodate everyone? :flail:

Have a cat pile kind of night everyone! :catlove:
It is so wonderful when people help each other out like that! I was just reading about a small Tiny House community in OR that is transitioning homeless people into these on their way (hopefully) to even better housing. They have community food prep/dining and meetings to discuss what's working, what's not, and whatever else needs talking about. Also, I read that Meals on Wheels is providing food not only for people but also for their beloved companion animals. These are great examples of grassroots-based people helping people and companion animals. In these times, those who are able and open their hearts are heroes IMHO! Cats do this for one another, their humans, and others all the time. They provide such excellent examples and teach us so much!
scan0023.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari He does look smug doesn’t he! He knows he Owens the sofa. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama I wish you could drop in too. That would be fun! I’d like to meet Ruby too. Of course, I kind of feel like I know her a bit already. Hmmmm. Someone suggested I would like living around there and I did look at real estate there one time. I don’t know if was actually near you though. I have heard that cats rule! ;)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is so wonderful to read about. Humans doing good things always makes me feel good. We do have a program near me that gives vet care to the pets of the homeless. The homeless have it pretty hard here and some people don’t realize that many are elderly, without family, just fell on bad luck and aren’t always a bad element. Stereotypes lead many to envision homeless as always being a bad element but that isn’t necessarily the case. Giving those less fortunate an opportunity to live safe and happy lives is a good thing. Who knows what they may have to offer to contribute to society that we might miss otherwise too. I hope that program catches on. It’s true that those who help other living creatures are the heros of this world. Each of us can be that in some small way. Even if all we can do is to give a skink a drink!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari He does look smug doesn’t he! He knows he Owens the sofa. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama I wish you could drop in too. That would be fun! I’d like to meet Ruby too. Of course, I kind of feel like I know her a bit already. Hmmmm. Someone suggested I would like living around there and I did look at real estate there one time. I don’t know if was actually near you though. I have heard that cats rule! ;)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 That is so wonderful to read about. Humans doing good things always makes me feel good. We do have a program near me that gives vet care to the pets of the homeless. The homeless have it pretty hard here and some people don’t realize that many are elderly, without family, just fell on bad luck and aren’t always a bad element. Stereotypes lead many to envision homeless as always being a bad element but that isn’t necessarily the case. Giving those less fortunate an opportunity to live safe and happy lives is a good thing. Who knows what they may have to offer to contribute to society that we might miss otherwise too. I hope that program catches on. It’s true that those who help other living creatures are the heros of this world. Each of us can be that in some small way. Even if all we can do is to give a skink a drink!
Well, even "anti-homeless" people should have an interest in bettering their circumstances, because if there are no more homeless, everyone wins, right? I'm pretty sure very few people like having to live under those circumstances and I don't "like" the conditions that are made by this problem either. That's why I'm interested in any creative scheme that might make the situation better, just like I am for free-roaming cats. Los Angeles has one of the worst "homeless problems" in the nation due in part to the "mild" climate here. Our city has this problem as well. No matter the qualities of the people, they should not be on the streets and in any society on earth, this is a terrible problem that should be prioritized. You're absolutely right -- everyone has something to contribute to society. And helping the vulnerable IS helping ourselves, ultimately. I remember years ago being shocked and really sickened at the sight of homeless people sleeping in the doorways of the exclusive shops in Beverly Hills. It says a lot about this society.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just reading about a small Tiny House community in OR that is transitioning homeless people into these on their way (hopefully) to even better housing. They have community food prep/dining and meetings to discuss what's working, what's not, and whatever else needs talking about.
We have one of these in my town, also - a little community of tiny houses for homeless. It's a real community, and they offer life skills classes, cooking, budgeting, etc. Local organizations can volunteer their time to put on classes for the residents - and apparently any event is well-attended by the residents - they love it. The residents of the community also make tie-dye t-shirts to sell and take quite a bit of pride in the enterprise. What astounded me is that a private couple started and funded this venture! :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and Buffster7 Buffster7 I love the idea of putting everyone somewhere safe. I found that officers in the nearby city felt it was their job to move the homeless away from tourism or residents or something. Not really sure what or why but when I was donating clothes, rain gear, survival gear I discovered that it was being confiscated. None of it was more than comfort items to keep the people dry, warm etc.. Preseving life. Now things have improved somewhat. The vet program was a plus and the homeless have kind of formed their own community under the shelter of a large bridge. Many organizations are working to help them. I think having a tiny house community would be marvelous. I’ve met the man that started one of the homeless shelters, maybe a note to that shelter might give new hope. I think I may have mentioned my friend Alexander before. He got sick at an advanced age and lost his rental. In spite of his own troubles, he was watching over me and Sarah when we were working very early mornings in the city. I found him to be a great human and great friend. He taught me a lot about the situations he faced. I was shocked and educated. I managed to give him a ticket back to where he had family. It was really a simple thing to help him. Sometimes it doesn’t take much to change a lot.

rubysmama rubysmama Well, I can understand that a fine Lady like Ruby would not want to be seen drooling! :lol: I once left a dentist office and was getting into my car when a man asked if that place was the dentists office. My face was swollen after surgery ( not drooling either Ruby!) and I know I looked horrid. The second I looked up the guy smiled and said,” On never mind!! I’m in the right place!” I couldn’t help myself. Crooked, numb smile! I went straight home too!:flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.