My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pool kind of looks like a giant pie shell so....... kitty pies?!?!! They piled in there today but I was too involved with other cat issues to grab a photo. I’m sure the chance will come again. I think there were five in there.
The pool has turned out to be a big hit with the kids. Lol
I have one to the Bengals but there’s is for their water dishes. Five water bowls were dumped over daily. By morning, no one had water in a dish. Now, two bowls are in the pool and they can splash water to their heart’s content. They love it and I love it! The other bowls remain upright. It’s all about figuring out what each type of kitty wants! :lol: I have three water babies! I may get some toy fish to put in there too if I can find some. That might be fun.

I am totally beat today. It’s a complicated situation and I will go into it more when I won’t compromise anything. For now, I GREATLY thank those who have messaged and especially for sending the links for networking. I am getting responses. All good vibes, prayers, hopes, smiles from our creator, love and good wishes are asked on behalf of a great many kitties at risk. We need every possible good thought for any good to come. I will continue my efforts. :angel: We need all the help possible.

On to our smiles for tonight! Much needed smiles for me! Thank you kitties!! Whistle and Banjo are featured tonight but Lady put her bid in.

Banjo was aware of my serious attitude today......
View attachment 278080
She thought she might be able to help by.....
View attachment 278081
Meowing at the soap box! Her first attempt at establishing a presidential platform for cats rights. I think we need a bigger box! :lol:
View attachment 278082
Whistle decided to lighten the mood. Look Mom! Gonna play!
View attachment 278083
Hmmmm. What to do to make Mom smile?
View attachment 278084
Eat the ball!
View attachment 278085
Ehhhh. Doesn’t taste great. A little furry.
View attachment 278086
Is she smiling?
View attachment 278087
A new toy? Got it!
View attachment 278088
Ohhhh! A fishy!
View attachment 278089
I gonna kill da fishy!
View attachment 278090

Ummmm. Catnip fishy! View attachment 278091
Dis is a gooood fishy!
View attachment 278092
It’s mine! All mine!
View attachment 278096
Go away Lady! The fish is mine!View attachment 278098
Well Thrasher, I guess we’re stuck with this bag of balls. View attachment 278097
:p Thank goodness for the support and love provided by my kitty family! Never a day without plenty of smiles provided!

I guess I better go and help Muffin and Thrasher open the bag of balls! I don’t think Whistle is ready to share the new fish! :lol: Perhaps a pool filled with fish would have been better. :dunno: We learn as we go!
:heartshape:Have a great night everyone.
Awww, Whistle is adorable in her pool with her fish! Everyone is looking great there.
SO glad you are getting responses. Heartfelt *PRAYERS* for them, and for ALL cats and kittens, everywhere, in need of loving forever homes and families, along with everyone, everywhere, who puts caring into action on behalf of felines.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::catlove::heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off I want to say..... if you can ever, EVER adopt straight from Animal Services, please do so. These are the animals at highest risk!

I’ve made a bit of a journey today. I have gotten in motion the things that I could but due to the situation, I have been asked to delay further action.
I witnessed positive activity today. Kitties leaving for better places. I hope more will be leaving too. I will be awaiting further requests or an indication that I need to pursue my course. It’s still very complicated but one thing that I was able to accomplish today was to retrieve a familiar old face. I was in the right place at the right time. I think others were as well.

A scared kitty but a happy reunion nonetheless. Adopted once but turned over March 5, I was fortunate to even find this baby again. I was not notified of her presence but I had discovered it. Once I knew where she was I became very concerned and over the past few days I learned that her life was at risk. Today, she is safe again and will not leave. She has not forgotten me after all this time.

Remember watching this girl grow up? One of the three bears!
39215DAC-5E37-4CB7-A06C-9C42C432EA68.jpeg

Kodiak!
F1E2D719-F32B-418A-88A2-AB23A740DE82.jpeg

Always grabbing Mom......
B94D1276-16B2-484F-BF6E-4DED39224FC1.jpeg

And pulling her hair.....
BB3486D5-51C9-4A9B-96FC-FB7AF288BC00.jpeg

No longer a little cat, all grown up and filled out. She’s scared but .... still my beautiful Kodiak. Welcome back sweet girl!
69E4A1F1-13DE-4873-8D14-F6F90E37B1D2.jpeg

Maybe we’ll get more smiles later. She did smile while I held her and I got lots of head butts. I am hoping that time will heal her as it did with Banjo and Whistle.
For tonight, I dream of smiles just for her. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have Bengals? I didn't know that.
Hi! Good to see you! Yes, three Bengals. Just part Bengals and that is going by what the vet told me. They are very large kitties and they actually have a fourth that is a sister but she is nowhere near their size. She still has a very different sort of personality though. They all love playing in water. The vet won’t handle the three boys alone. They’ve never hurt the vet, they just look like they could. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracious sakes!!
Mysterious ways, and now she's home. Wow.
I'm a little bit speechless, well, sort of lol
I know it’s a bit confusing but it has to do with shuffling cats through shelters and the fact that I watch them all very carefully. It was amazing that I found this one kitty and just at the time she needed help. It’s just a bit awesome how things work out sometimes. I was trying to watch out for some others when her little face turned up among them. I’m most grateful. Meant to be I suppose. Technically I should not have been able to get her back... and yet...
Now we just need to liberate some more and alter some policies. If finding her happened, then I have every hope that more good will come. :) I’ll be watching out for kitties!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it’s a bit confusing but it has to do with shuffling cats through shelters and the fact that I watch them all very carefully. It was amazing that I found this one kitty and just at the time she needed help. It’s just a bit awesome how things work out sometimes. I was trying to watch out for some others when her little face turned up among them. I’m most grateful. Meant to be I suppose. Technically I should not have been able to get her back... and yet...
Now we just need to liberate some more and alter some policies. If finding her happened, then I have every hope that more good will come. :) I’ll be watching out for kitties!
Huge PROPS to you on all of the above and I well understand the need to be silent and wait. That's something that I do a lot. Sharing for the cats of NYCACC on a daily basis for the last 10 years or so, I agree 100% with your exhortation to please adopt from ACCs first and foremost. These are good cats -- just as good as you'll find anywhere else -- and they come with veterinary exams and some care under their belts as well. And my gosh, they are so HAPPY and GRATEFUL to be safe and loved. You couldn't make a better choice if you truly care about cats (and I assume everyone at TCS does...)
May sweet Kodiak be safe and loved always! She is beautiful.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge PROPS to you on all of the above and I well understand the need to be silent and wait. That's something that I do a lot. Sharing for the cats of NYCACC on a daily basis for the last 10 years or so, I agree 100% with your exhortation to please adopt from ACCs first and foremost. These are good cats -- just as good as you'll find anywhere else -- and they come with veterinary exams and some care under their belts as well. And my gosh, they are so HAPPY and GRATEFUL to be safe and loved. You couldn't make a better choice if you truly care about cats (and I assume everyone at TCS does...)
May sweet Kodiak be safe and loved always! She is beautiful.
Im so glad you saved Kodiak! How long has it been since you've seen her?
Thank you for backing me on everything!
Everyone, please look for an adoption at Animal Services FIRST! The cats I saw there today were gorgeous. One was a huge ball of fluff! All sizes, colors, shapes and every bit as wonderful as any I have seen at any shelter or pet place anywhere. They need you the most!

As for the question about Kodiak, I last hugged her early October 2018.

She’ll be okay now though. She overdue for a whole lot of love and snuggles!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for backing me on everything!
Everyone, please look for an adoption at Animal Services FIRST! The cats I saw there today were gorgeous. One was a huge ball of fluff! All sizes, colors, shapes and every bit as wonderful as any I have seen at any shelter or pet place anywhere. They need you the most!

As for the question about Kodiak, I last hugged her early October 2018.

She’ll be okay now though. She overdue for a whole lot of love and snuggles!
Will do! At first I didn't know anything and I adopted one of my cats from a no-kill shelter. Although I'm glad it happened since he ended up having some specialized needs, I've been thinking I should go to the city shelters in the future next time I go looking for a cat to adopt. Supposedly Dallas Animal Services doesn't kill adoptable cats, but I'm guessing it might be a deceiving statement? If I think about it I'm not sure how that's possible since they serve a big area and a lot of people.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will do! At first I didn't know anything and I adopted one of my cats from a no-kill shelter. Although I'm glad it happened since he ended up having some specialized needs, I've been thinking I should go to the city shelters in the future next time I go looking for a cat to adopt. Supposedly Dallas Animal Services doesn't kill adoptable cats, but I'm guessing it might be a deceiving statement? If I think about it I'm not sure how that's possible since they serve a big area and a lot of people.
^ What she said!
Adopt, adopt, adopt if you have a spot!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever get a greeting when you get home from a long day? I think today earned one for us all! Here’s some of the crew to do just that!

Where have you been?
EAE6DE2C-849E-4BF1-A4FF-42D5799CDBD1.jpeg

Oh! I thought you were gone so I kind of stole Muffin’s spot.:insertevillaugh:
72640C0B-A66F-4F56-ACBD-0206EB4FFF24.jpeg

Head rubs!!!!
7B14796E-E617-49C9-A535-CF33BD6720BF.jpeg

You’re supposed to stay here, ya know?
4E2FC0B8-2622-4513-AE10-0021A725D8DD.jpeg

I fur give you though.
42E38A26-EFF9-4536-B1EB-73CC4918D26E.jpeg

I’m waiting to meet the new lady.
C43059C3-A7B0-486B-953B-AD2D6CDE106C.jpeg

Can we play now?
938AEA25-B8EB-4602-909C-936836CB47D8.jpeg

I’m bwinging you a kiss Mom.
A0FE10A1-9B64-477C-9E72-D34C32887C74.jpeg

Bj doesn’t need another lady.
5C61BC6A-DF20-4229-B5AE-F3687EA452B4.jpeg

Somebody got my spot while you were gone Mom!
B5A0A613-CAB7-4A54-AD8F-206319596AD2.jpeg

BJ still waiting!!!!!
65D375E1-B20F-4732-9453-C6F569E8124C.jpeg

Mitsy still keeping her eye on BJ!
E68C2859-4F52-430E-BD66-8C942D1CD6C9.jpeg

A snuggle is good too though. :)
923CC6C2-DACD-4F59-914E-BB0FC8A27D00.jpeg

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kodiak is still nervous. We’ll go through our normal procedure of slow re introductions. She did stop crying whenever I said the names of her family. Mom, Goldie, Dad, Blue and brother, Mountain. She seemed to , instantly, respond to that. I let her see her family but she was too nervous to settle in yet. Once she is calm, we’ll go the route of seeing if they all remember. Kodiak has been wandering the house before and the others still stayed to their room so we’ll just let them all do what makes them happy. No rush. Kitten steps.

LOL !!B J!!
That BJ is a true lover boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.