My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need info to forward , on any rescue groups, cat organizations, foster groups, shelters, etc. etc. 11 cats pulled but many more can be saved. Many tame, semi feral and ferals. Any groups that can help organize shelter resources as well. Trying to help a shelter make contacts. They really want to to their best for these cats.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need info to forward , on any rescue groups, cat organizations, foster groups, shelters, etc. etc. 11 cats pulled but many more can be saved. Many tame, semi feral and ferals. Any groups that can help organize shelter resources as well. Trying to help a shelter make contacts. They really want to to their best for these cats.
Check bestfriends.org/resources, Network partner home page | Network Partners, Welcome To Core Paws | Seniors, Special Needs, Behavioral Issues, Search For Animal Welfare Groups | Petfinder

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you want me to set up a Facebook page for you?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am networking like crazy! Hoping we find a path because we are looking at possible change in this shelter in the way intakes are handled here. Instead of grabbing every cat for euthanasia. It is possible that healthy cats may be TNR’d, colonies established and cats that are non feral will be more easily adopted out. Semi ferals may be saved as well. Previous opinion was that any frightened cat would be considered feral and had no possibility of being adopted and since resources are very limited, intakes and surrender numbers were high, cats could not be saved. This could go in a very positive direction. Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and surya surya
I am researching the information, opinions and possibilities to see if I can offer any help to those involved in this process.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get into Facebook? Once you do that search "your area" cat rescue or cat rescue groups "your state" and you may be able to find some small rescue groups to contact. You can click on follow. Sometimes you have to click on join and wait for them to accept you before you can post in a group. You can also chat with people.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I’m in and figuring it all out. I may have to come back to it tomorrow because the cats are all staring at me and waiting for supper and litter change.
You know what “the cat stare” is like!

I’ll tell you the great news now! Velcro is back with her family as of this afternoon! My signs paid off! Walking around putting them up was risky but I’m so glad I did it now. Velcro is actually named Trax! She was very happy to see Daddy! I’ll post a photo later.
If I can’t work my way through to rescue groups, I’ll yell! :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am networking like crazy! Hoping we find a path because we are looking at possible change in this shelter in the way intakes are handled here. Instead of grabbing every cat for euthanasia. It is possible that healthy cats may be TNR’d, colonies established and cats that are non feral will be more easily adopted out. Semi ferals may be saved as well. Previous opinion was that any frightened cat would be considered feral and had no possibility of being adopted and since resources are very limited, intakes and surrender numbers were high, cats could not be saved. This could go in a very positive direction. Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and surya surya
I am researching the information, opinions and possibilities to see if I can offer any help to those involved in this process.
I've posted so many links so many times I can't keep track of who got what, but you may want to visit www.lacroixtees.com and click on your State and see what shows up there, if you have not already. And yes, use facebook's search engine as well as your basic google and/or bing for "cat rescues/sanctuaries in (location)"

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've posted so many links so many times I can't keep track of who got what, but you may want to visit www.lacroixtees.com and click on your State and see what shows up there, if you have not already. And yes, use facebook's search engine as well as your basic google and/or bing for "cat rescues/sanctuaries in (location)"
I am working with one other. We already know all the local rescues and I google constantly for locals and others but did not know the one you listed here. We have a dozen now and it looks like weeks of more intakes that will need something. I’m not sure how many we can cover but if we can change some policies, that will be huge. It would limit future issues. Thank you!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy would like to volunteer to assist Lelia representing Illinois.
View attachment 277721
She would be very diligent on the job, nothing would get past her.
View attachment 277722
Lelia would be very happy for the help, I'm sure. :)

I’ll tell you the great news now! Velcro is back with her family as of this afternoon! My signs paid off! Walking around putting them up was risky but I’m so glad I did it now. Velcro is actually named Trax! She was very happy to see Daddy! I’ll post a photo later.
Hooray for Velcro!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently Velcro was being watched over. The name certainly served her well during her time here and even after I learned her, previously given name, I could not stop calling her Velcro. Her Daddy noticed and was very kind in saying that this would now be her middle name.:) It looks like Velcro stuck! That has more meaning than I can express here. I’m sure that it does for a friend as well since the name was passed to us with love.

Trax Velcro was very happy to see her Father again. I was happy for her too. She immediately got up when he came in and when I handed her to him she gave him a deep look, as though to say,” Where were you Daddy?” Than she have him a head butt! Although I gave him the third degree before trusting that this was his cat and that he was a good Daddy to her, she confirmed it for me.
I now know where she lives and will have updates on her as well as being allowed to visit.
It turns out that she was ,” mad at Daddy”, because he got a puppy. She had dashed away and had been dodging him until she vanished. We think the dogs my neighbors spotted must have chased her to my place and she was just afraid to try and go back or was lost.
I have offered to help Velcro to adjust to the puppy if there are any further problems. If she shows up again, I have her contact info and the name of her vet. Lol ( Her vet is one of the ones I contacted and sent photos to but they didn’t recognize her or somehow communication broke down. Velcro’s Dad had actually gone to the vet today but the connection wasn’t made! ) Her Dad saw the signs I had put up with my phone number. Bright orange works!

All I said was,” Cat Found” Dad described the collar down to the reflectors as well as his kitty!

Daddy? Is that really you? Where were you?
1AAE4637-D533-40C3-8FC5-13A957953606.jpeg

Sorry this is a blur. She was giving a lot of snuggles and rubbing all over Dad!
D3FAA8BE-6BD6-44AB-8F69-EF0E56AB12DE.jpeg

Awwwww! Happy reunions are the best!
This was a very good turn of events. It might have worked out that I would be bound by law to turn her over to animal control for a hold period. I reported finding her on Friday and by today might have had to release her but I am told that she would have been re released to me to foster or adopt later if unclaimed. Her Dad never thought to call animal control. He also did not know that there is a leash law for cats here. Now he does! It was a bit of a close call for us but I would have reclaimed her to continue the search for her family. The ad I placed will also be in the paper so I guess it still would have all worked out but I’m very, very grateful for orange poster board and the support I got here. Putting the signs up all over the area are what saved Velcro today! No trauma of a shelter filled with cats and dogs, no more upset, just a calm place with lots of snuggles and food until Daddy came to get her. Thanks especially to @NY cat man. Maybe you could share this happy ending at home. Velcro is safe and happy.
C90F0D6F-55B5-4113-98CB-17E5AF2D9DB8.jpeg

On this note..... I think we’ll all have sweet dreams! Good night everyone or happy morning! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave him three cans of tuna and chicken to use to welcome her back home. He was delighted. I also offered to help with the adjustment and he was interested in getting help to introduce them so maybe we’ll get to see her some more. They live nearby and I will be checking on her. I think it will be okay now. She was extremely glad to see her Dad again! :catlove:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's such great news about Velcro. :hearthrob: I'm glad she's back home where she belongs. Hopefully she and the puppy will become besties. :catlove:

Did her Daddy say how long she'd been missing? Or her age?

Thanks for all you did for her, and all the efforts you took to reunite her and her Daddy. :hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave him three cans of tuna and chicken to use to welcome her back home. He was delighted. I also offered to help with the adjustment and he was interested in getting help to introduce them so maybe we’ll get to see her some more. They live nearby and I will be checking on her. I think it will be okay now. She was extremely glad to see her Dad again! :catlove:
Thank you for the very good news! Although I have to say I am concerned that the guy lets his cat out, and sad that he is forcing her to endure having to live with a puppy. *sigh*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the very good news! Although I have to say I am concerned that the guy lets his cat out, and sad that he is forcing her to endure having to live with a puppy. *sigh*
Yes. I know! He actually rescued her as a kitten off the edge of some railroad Trax and bottle raised her though. She grew up with their big dog. I guess he figured she wouldn’t mind being outnumbered by dogs!
He says she slipped out because of the new puppy. Who knows. I did tell him
that I had to stand up for her to be able to keep animal control from taking her. He also knows about the leash law now. Most people here are shocked by that. I do know that she totally recognized a litter box and the purpose of it so I did believe that she is accustomed to using one. I even asked what they feed her. All his answers were good ones so.... accurding to the law, I could not with hold her. If he had answered badly, I’m sure this would not have been a match for his cat though. I would have gone through other legal channels. She really was missing him though. I knew she was depressed. When he took her, she was very affectionate so I took that as a very good sign. However, I live close enough that........ I’ll be watching! ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I know! He actually rescued her as a kitten off the edge of some railroad Trax and bottle raised her though. She grew up with their big dog. I guess he figured she wouldn’t mind being outnumbered by dogs!
He says she slipped out because of the new puppy. Who knows. I did tell him
that I had to stand up for her to be able to keep animal control from taking her. He also knows about the leash law now. Most people here are shocked by that. I do know that she totally recognized a litter box and the purpose of it so I did believe that she is accustomed to using one. I even asked what they feed her. All his answers were good ones so.... accurding to the law, I could not with hold her. If he had answered badly, I’m sure this would not have been a match for his cat though. I would have gone through other legal channels. She really was missing him though. I knew she was depressed. When he took her, she was very affectionate so I took that as a very good sign. However, I live close enough that........ I’ll be watching! ;)
With our *PRAYERS* and your sharp eyes and caring, Velcro, as I will continue to call her, should be well. And yes, we don't all share the same thoughts as to how to properly care for our cats, I know; and we also don't know until we know. The most caring of people, my beloved parents, used to let their cats out, because they did not know any better.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so thrilled for this happy ending! If you stay in contact with Velcro's daddy, you might mention the wisdom of microchipping Velcro AND the dogs in the house, just in case!
Actually, when I mentioned I had taken her in to see if she had a chip, he mentioned it. Wonders never cease! I don’t know that he’ll do it but st least the seed is planted.

Status
Not open for further replies.