My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I am technically challenged but maybe I can do that on this old phone. I’m going to give it my best shot! Yay! Hope for Velcro! She’s a real sweetie!
Velcro is a beautiful young girl! And she does seem like either an abandoned cat or a cat who is allowed out (not good cat caretaking!). She doesn't look emaciated, so she must have been getting regular food of some kind all along. The fact that she escaped the trap once and then came back in indicates she is clearly not feral, as does her behavior in general. She's definitely a cat who wants to be, and needs to be, in a loving permanent home!
Yes, Post #24 is genius. Love it!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am diligently searching for Velcro’s family. I put ads in the local papers today. She isn’t emaciated because , with the exception of two periods of time, I fed her. She always gobbled it up when I was around. I also have a neighbor who thinks it’s okay to feed outside to everything with no TNR! Another neighbor a few miles away does the same. I’ve been told there is a hurt cat out there but I haven’t found it yet. How can they feed it but not care that it is hurt? I offered a trap! :frustrated:
Velcro is feisty. Not exactly a lap cat yet but I think she may have been before. I’ve been seeing her since December sleeping on my van top. My first meeting with her, she didn’t eat but ran away. She’s really scared acting outside so maybe she is not really used to it. I wonder if someone was visiting over the holidays and she got away? I don’t know but we’ll see what happens. Her story is still a mystery for now. Maybe she’ll tell me more later. Right now she won’t snuggle or share secrets. ;) Maybe someone will be looking for her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am diligently searching for Velcro’s family. I put ads in the local papers today. She isn’t emaciated because , with the exception of two periods of time, I fed her. She always gobbled it up when I was around. I also have a neighbor who thinks it’s okay to feed outside to everything with no TNR! Another neighbor a few miles away does the same. I’ve been told there is a hurt cat out there but I haven’t found it yet. How can they feed it but not care that it is hurt? I offered a trap! :frustrated:
Velcro is feisty. Not exactly a lap cat yet but I think she may have been before. I’ve been seeing her since December sleeping on my van top. My first meeting with her, she didn’t eat but ran away. She’s really scared acting outside so maybe she is not really used to it. I wonder if someone was visiting over the holidays and she got away? I don’t know but we’ll see what happens. Her story is still a mystery for now. Maybe she’ll tell me more later. Right now she won’t snuggle or share secrets. ;) Maybe someone will be looking for her.
It may be that they care very much, but different people of different backgrounds and ideologies see these things differently. For instance, I do not believe in allopathic (western, symptom-treating) medical ideology, as my family also did not. We believe that our Creator protects us and that if it is our purpose to be here, we will, but if not, we will not. This may sound unacceptable to some, but not to us. In my view, allopathy treats the symptoms, often with worse side effects than the original malady brings, and ultimately with the same outcome, but sometimes lingering for a long period of time in pain and/or infirmity. Some seem to want that. Not for me, thank you! I of course believe in spay/neuter and that if someone of any species has something like a broken bone, a sprain, etc., that needs to be treated by a doctor. My eye problems needed the treatment of an opthalmologist. But long story longer, many of us believe that "nature" will allow the healthy and the strong to heal, given time. I have not seen the cat you speak of so have no way of knowing his/her condition. Just trying to present another viewpoint.
I do hope Velcro has good and loving caregivers, but if she does, they should spay her and keep her indoors! *I'm pretty sure we agree on that.*;):yess:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally understand letting nature and our creator determine our outcome. I found, long ago, when raising my daughter, that quality of life is very important. Treating everything with pills doesn’t mean you’ll get well. I agree with that! I think symptom treatment can confuse people into thinking they are well.
We also agree on the TNR! Totally. I do tend to suffer myself if I see any creature hurting. I may not be able to fix it but just want to ease the suffering if possible. I know you know what I mean. We love as we can. The hurt kitty has an injury to the pad of his paw. I think a short time of relief might allow it to heal but can’t really know without seeing it. We have some vicious thorns here so it could be something as simple as removing a thorn. I suppose if I am meant to do anything, the kitty will turn up here. Sometimes it may be that we are not meant to intervene. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally understand letting nature and our creator determine our outcome. I found, long ago, when raising my daughter, that quality of life is very important. Treating everything with pills doesn’t mean you’ll get well. I agree with that! I think symptom treatment can confuse people into thinking they are well.
We also agree on the TNR! Totally. I do tend to suffer myself if I see any creature hurting. I may not be able to fix it but just want to ease the suffering if possible. I know you know what I mean. We love as we can. The hurt kitty has an injury to the pad of his paw. I think a short time of relief might allow it to heal but can’t really know without seeing it. We have some vicious thorns here so it could be something as simple as removing a thorn. I suppose if I am meant to do anything, the kitty will turn up here. Sometimes it may be that we are not meant to intervene. :)
*PURRAISE* bigtime! You are very wise as well as caring. Yes, if he will let you flush with peroxide it may be helpful. IF.
My maternal grandmother was a seriously spiritual woman and her beliefs were so strong, she said that if we were able to become more close to the Creator and more close to perfect, that if we lost a limb, we would be able to grow it back if it was His Will. Like a lizard and his tail :yess:
And I know your beloved daughter must have appreciated and benefitted from your great love. My same grandmother used to say, "god is Love" and I believe that. A dear friend also said, "A cat is Love made visible" and I believe that as well. :yess:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PURRAISE* bigtime! You are very wise as well as caring. Yes, if he will let you flush with peroxide it may be helpful. IF.
My maternal grandmother was a seriously spiritual woman and her beliefs were so strong, she said that if we were able to become more close to the Creator and more close to perfect, that if we lost a limb, we would be able to grow it back if it was His Will. Like a lizard and his tail :yess:
And I know your beloved daughter must have appreciated and benefitted from your great love. My same grandmother used to say, "god is Love" and I believe that. A dear friend also said, "A cat is Love made visible" and I believe that as well. :yess:
Wow! Thank you! Do we have an emoji that is blushing?:p Maybe more old than wise? Certain things do come with age. :lol:
Maybe the kitty will turn up and let me do what I can.
Your Grandmother really was wise. If we are “in tune” with the world around us, everything goes better. Nature and living things have a language that we often forget during the daily hustle and bustle of life. I make a point of going to look at the sky each day, just to take a deep breath and admire the beauty. The love.
I see the visible love in the kitties too.
Here’s a little bit for you. :heartshape:And to all true cat lovers out there!

You just can’t top the face of a cat!
A Banjo face.
2F55F327-7FF8-4C85-9208-276BE7623B8A.jpeg

A Muffin at rest.
C2D9C88F-4D13-42F7-90B5-3BB8EF785964.jpeg

Giving me ,”that look”.......
D1CCC86F-98FF-44B2-BB8D-098963C5435B.jpeg

And melting in place. :lol:
A2E60F5B-B355-4249-AB70-D1A4C0939E13.jpeg

A brother and sister, clowning around.
48BA05F7-0C43-4D33-A58B-FD33F349BAF0.jpeg

A cat named Flowers laying down.
F615EDD6-6536-41A9-8E92-7249C9A7AFBE.jpeg

We hope the love shines through for you,
BF4A8B33-3022-4538-9412-916185DD7BD5.jpeg

As well as the cats all around you too!

We’ll be back with more kitty updates tomorrow!
Have a great night! :catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Thank you! Do we have an emoji that is blushing?:p Maybe more old than wise? Certain things do come with age. :lol:
Maybe the kitty will turn up and let me do what I can.
Your Grandmother really was wise. If we are “in tune” with the world around us, everything goes better. Nature and living things have a language that we often forget during the daily hustle and bustle of life. I make a point of going to look at the sky each day, just to take a deep breath and admire the beauty. The love.
I see the visible love in the kitties too.
Here’s a little bit for you. :heartshape:And to all true cat lovers out there!

You just can’t top the face of a cat!
A Banjo face.
View attachment 277552
A Muffin at rest.
View attachment 277553
Giving me ,”that look”.......
View attachment 277554
And melting in place. :lol:
View attachment 277555
A brother and sister, clowning around.
View attachment 277556
A cat named Flowers laying down.
View attachment 277557
We hope the love shines through for you,
View attachment 277558
As well as the cats all around you too!

We’ll be back with more kitty updates tomorrow!
Have a great night! :catlove:
Thank you. Yes, she was. She endured things no one should have to endure, and without her Faith she could not have lived through them, I truly believe. She inspires me all the time.
And yes, that beauty is free for all, rich and poor, without exception.
The most beautiful of all? CATS! Yours are so sweet and lovely!
There are still butterflies migrating here!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, she was. She endured things no one should have to endure, and without her Faith she could not have lived through them, I truly believe. She inspires me all the time.
And yes, that beauty is free for all, rich and poor, without exception.
The most beautiful of all? CATS! Yours are so sweet and lovely!
There are still butterflies migrating here!
Butterflies! Another beauty to observe for free! I love seeing butterflies!
I’m glad your Granmother showed you endurance. Many have trouble with that. I can understand the test of endurance. It brings patience, tolerance, faith, hope and strength. All good survival qualities. If we can do those things, we can get through many of the tests we face in life.
Trying to keep after all the kitties here is something that I could easily have given up on, but previous experiences helped me to keep going. I’m grateful that I hung on. It was worth every trial to get these kitties safe. I never looked for any return on what I did but the kitties have given complete and devoted love. What started as serious problem, ended up a great blessing. That’s what kitties do! Unconditional love.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterflies! Another beauty to observe for free! I love seeing butterflies!
I’m glad your Granmother showed you endurance. Many have trouble with that. I can understand the test of endurance. It brings patience, tolerance, faith, hope and strength. All good survival qualities. If we can do those things, we can get through many of the tests we face in life.
Trying to keep after all the kitties here is something that I could easily have given up on, but previous experiences helped me to keep going. I’m grateful that I hung on. It was worth every trial to get these kitties safe. I never looked for any return on what I did but the kitties have given complete and devoted love. What started as serious problem, ended up a great blessing. That’s what kitties do! Unconditional love.
That's what cats bring to those who love them. They are truly "love made visible" as my dear friend used to say.
Yes, what should have made my grandmother bitter and wallowing in self-pity instead must have sent her to seek a way to endure. And she found it.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do, actually. :blush: :blush: :blush:
(11th one under Smiles & LOL's)

Have we seen Muffin before? Love his/her facial colouring. :redheartpump:
Ah! Thank you! A blushing emoji! Lol That’s a good one.

We have seen Muffin a time or two. She is from the part Bengal litter and isn’t as still or quiet as some of the others so she doesn’t get photographed as often. She does sleep by my feet every night though, or on my tummy if the spot is available. :lol: She more of a people kitty than a kitty’s kitty. I love her markings too. She has a little white spot across her black tail that’s cute too.

I’m suffering a bit from the same air quality here again so I’ll let Whistle tell the story for tonight.

Just because you are a grown up kitty, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a bit of fun! How about a round of the child’s game Hokey Pokey?

You put your right paw in....
8B60DDBA-4C72-4782-B9DD-3708974218B2.jpeg

You put your right paw out....
8FA531FA-2983-4FAF-94B8-236F005A66F0.jpeg

and you shake it all about....
33C5350F-54AC-4800-9C24-3C41F18F13C0.jpeg

You put your head in....
FE954C9C-9A61-4ACF-A7CD-6FEAB5036DBB.jpeg

You put your head out...
E030033E-9E05-460B-9B4A-FD90367D21EB.jpeg

You put your left paw in...
81BCE772-A8E3-4D35-8B7F-5065D828E0D6.jpeg

Left paw out....
D7BA63AB-6AE5-4679-86FA-66CAFF6F6D7A.jpeg

Then you try to get that little ball out! ( wait. That’s the kitty version! ;))
F83DF10B-7E0F-444B-AC84-B2AD340F1FAD.jpeg

Hmmmm. If the ball keeps running away, a smart cat can turn this up to get it at the bottom!
B1962A1C-2863-45F7-8CAD-917C7ADE91BF.jpeg

Oh. It flipped over.
E266FCA7-6813-42D6-8841-28B2C710E9E9.jpeg

Maybe now I can get the ball out.
910232A3-5BB1-4177-9468-4694D4F4F6B4.jpeg

Let me think a minute...
6D9B4A59-8A02-45C5-A252-CDDBDB301F78.jpeg

A paw in here.....
832325A5-613F-44FE-927A-94C7A8439889.jpeg

Uh oh.
EFAA2933-0D5B-43AE-B014-3CFA226F649F.jpeg

All I got was my paw! I know there’s a ball rolling around in here somewhere! There MUST be a way!
EDCCA0BE-CD54-4578-9F64-00F24149100D.jpeg

Where there’s a determined kitty, there’s a way!:yess: The ball was captured and Whistle took his prey out to play!
DE2729C5-B722-4897-8953-F251CB566FBC.jpeg

Like a smart feral, Whistle figured out how to capture his prey. He just dismantled the toy. I guess that means, he won the game of kitty Hokey Pokey! :flail:Fortunately I know how to put it all back together. He’ll be back to chasing the ball around the circle again soon. Of course, I have to find out where he left the ball he killed first! :lol:
It was fun watching Whistle think through this whole event. I think he’ll be very useful to Banjo if they get to Washington.
Banjo is waiting for her turn at the toy now. Uh oh! I better find that ball! :p To be continued...
Have a great Monday everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy would like to volunteer to assist Lelia representing Illinois.
View attachment 277721
She would be very diligent on the job, nothing would get past her.
View attachment 277722
Well Gypsy! I am greatly impressed! The flag and the Statue of Liberty! Obviously you are already properly prepared so..... Welcome Gypsy! We’d be honored to have you among the kitty politicat world! All assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you for being willing to do some paws on work for cat rights around the world. Yay!!!!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A side note first. I just got word that a shelter is going to release their feral “kill list” :bawling2: They are willing to release them for a feral or barn cat program for the first time EVER! Anyone with a place for them to go..... Please contact me immediately! This is a very rare chance to make a huge change near here! This chance may never come again if we don’t get at least some of them saved!
Please pass the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.