My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELCOME HOME, KODIAK!

That really is the cutest. Lol It makes you want to jump on the bed with the kitties!

We’ve stayed pretty busy today. Anytime I get sidetracked I have to play catch up around here. The kitties helped though so it went pretty well. After awhile the kitties have me the rest of the evening off.
For those of you who have been following, you know that Banjo got mad at Whistle for disassembling their ring ball toy. We put it back together but they keep pulling it back apart so when I saw the following, I thought great, they can’t pull this one apart!

Thrasher spotted it first.
568EC59F-56D4-49EA-AD10-44422E8D019A.jpeg

Then Banjo heard the noise.
AB4C0335-DAA9-4D8F-AE78-F27AD336FF22.jpeg

A crowd gathered around to watch Thrasher work the rings. Wow! I’m thinking this is a big hit with the kitties!
A7096FD9-6E25-4D9B-84C7-96ED4A81E9E9.jpeg

Fascinating! Balls on more than one level.
955FDAB5-5B16-4E4F-A061-736B9F543871.jpeg

Wait a minute....
83A31B56-96B8-4C7E-A8CE-C9F2A7B95872.jpeg

It takes three of us to work this thing! Flowers is leaving.
8F529115-C1E6-481E-AE19-B4C91134DECC.jpeg

Do you guys like playing this together?
2BFC9DBD-C0DF-4A94-812D-3FF00C3FBEBC.jpeg

Mitsy. You can have it.
E13C9700-D29D-4FA0-AD95-DD7E267C9FCE.jpeg

Thrasher says......Dud.
96F53473-B330-46A5-B4B6-20740D308355.jpeg

Bonjure, you play it.
4BAB7781-BFEA-4956-874C-533B4E9A7975.jpeg

Ha! Well.... typical kitties! It’s just like when you buy them a pretty little kitty bed and they chose to stay in a box instead. I found a triple decker ring toy and it just wasn’t that interesting. :lol: I should have known better. No matter how many years you live with kitties, you never learn it all.
I guess I’ll use the toy myself to see if I can get them interested. I’ll pretend that they can’t have it. That works with important papers and dress clothes. :flail:Maybe if I put it inside a box......
Well, at least I had to laugh. They make me smile one way or another!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :heartshape:
To be continued......

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oof. And here I thought my stray apartment cat days were over in the new apartment...I saw a black kitty in the parking garage when my bf and I came back from dinner. I had my bf drop me off while he parked. I tried to get him to come to me but he was wide eyed and scared. He's a skinny black cat. Seemed like an older kitten. Poor thing. Probably owned when he was younger because he didn't run from me when I was 10 ft away. I came back down with some cat food, but he was already gone of course. I'm gonna have to buy some fancy feast to keep in my purse!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oof. And here I thought my stray apartment cat days were over in the new apartment...I saw a black kitty in the parking garage when my bf and I came back from dinner. I had my bf drop me off while he parked. I tried to get him to come to me but he was wide eyed and scared. He's a skinny black cat. Seemed like an older kitten. Poor thing. Probably owned when he was younger because he didn't run from me when I was 10 ft away. I came back down with some cat food, but he was already gone of course. I'm gonna have to buy some fancy feast to keep in my purse!
I feel for you! Double Oof! Our stray cat days never end if we keep seeing. It is possible that someone let it out for a potty break. The chances are that you will see the kitty again. I hate to admit it but for the past couple of years, I’ve kept a small can of food in my pocket or purse. :lol: I am hoping my stray days are over too. My greatest wish is that I have cleared this area of lost children. We’ll hope that the kitty just,” slipped out without permission!” Perhaps it has a nice bed inside somewhere. Fingers and paws crossed for kitty on that. Maybe it’s just sleek of build like my Purry. He has some Siamese and is built very slim. He always looked skinny as a young cat. We’ll all be wishing good things for the kitty. :vibes::redheartpump::sunshine: Keep us updated! :crossfingers:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you! Double Oof! Our stray cat days never end if we keep seeing. It is possible that someone let it out for a potty break. The chances are that you will see the kitty again. I hate to admit it but for the past couple of years, I’ve kept a small can of food in my pocket or purse. :lol: I am hoping my stray days are over too. My greatest wish is that I have cleared this area of lost children. We’ll hope that the kitty just,” slipped out without permission!” Perhaps it has a nice bed inside somewhere. Fingers and paws crossed for kitty on that. Maybe it’s just sleek of build like my Purry. He has some Siamese and is built very slim. He always looked skinny as a young cat. We’ll all be wishing good things for the kitty. :vibes::redheartpump::sunshine: Keep us updated! :crossfingers:
Thank you for the well wishes. I hope you're right! I used to have a stray kitty stash but that was a couple years ago when I needed it. I live in a high rise now so it's a little more rare but strays can go in and out of our parking garage. But in the meantime I will keep my eyes peeled and keep a can in my purse haha. I wouldn't be able to keep this one but I've always been one to be a catch first, think later type. Lol.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I've always thought those orange triple-decker jobs were very attractive and I see a lot of sanctuaries and rescues have them, so they must be interesting to some cats, sometimes, right? :winkcat: The trick with any toys with cats is to rotate them, according to experts. Change them out every couple of weeks. Put some away and bring them out quite a bit later, and they're like brand new toys. *Works with kids, too, I'm told* Anyway, I enjoyed the series of photos! and hope their interest in the trackball will re-ignite.
Our Petco has different food companies' demonstrators from time to time, and sometimes they give out individual samples of dry food and treats, perfect for carrying in the bag for those times when a cat appears :cutecat::kneading:
Our city has TNR as municipal policy *Huge props to the activists, unknown to me, who achieved this!* and people here seem to be quite good about keeping their cats indoors-only. However, last week, to my astonishment, I noticed Elvis looking intently toward the south window in the living room. Thinking a bird was perching in the hedge, I went over to take a closer look and to my amazement, there on the wall was a young brown tabby shorthair! I think (s)he's about four months, very wide-eyed and lithe. When I went outside on the patio to see if I could coax the kitten to me, (s)he left:runningcat:so I didn't get to see any collar/tag if (s)he has one.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I've always thought those orange triple-decker jobs were very attractive and I see a lot of sanctuaries and rescues have them, so they must be interesting to some cats, sometimes, right? :winkcat: The trick with any toys with cats is to rotate them, according to experts. Change them out every couple of weeks. Put some away and bring them out quite a bit later, and they're like brand new toys. *Works with kids, too, I'm told* Anyway, I enjoyed the series of photos! and hope their interest in the trackball will re-ignite.
Our Petco has different food companies' demonstrators from time to time, and sometimes they give out individual samples of dry food and treats, perfect for carrying in the bag for those times when a cat appears :cutecat::kneading:
Our city has TNR as municipal policy *Huge props to the activists, unknown to me, who achieved this!* and people here seem to be quite good about keeping their cats indoors-only. However, last week, to my astonishment, I noticed Elvis looking intently toward the south window in the living room. Thinking a bird was perching in the hedge, I went over to take a closer look and to my amazement, there on the wall was a young brown tabby shorthair! I think (s)he's about four months, very wide-eyed and lithe. When I went outside on the patio to see if I could coax the kitten to me, (s)he left:runningcat:so I didn't get to see any collar/tag if (s)he has one.
Oh my! Another wandering kitty! At least the attitude there is changing for the better. I don’t know how that was accomplished but I hope it spreads.

The new toy was a dud........ until late last night. I heard spinning balls all night. :lol: Thank you kitties! They do love to play tricks on us. I’m just glad that someone in the dark had fun! I wonder who..........?
At least the kiddie pools are a huge hit. They were inexpensive and they are serving several purposes. My messy boys kick litter everywhere so.... boxes in a pool. It’s doing a great job of keeping the litter contained to the utility room. One pool is for the Bengals to have water play and the others serve as beds or play rooms. The kitty toys are pretty much stating in the pools so they double as a toy box. :yess:
I do have to switch up toys with the kitties. They get tired of some. One thing about having multiple cats though, they rotate the toys so that helps.

I hope the little one you saw has a family! Tag, chip, etc.

M maggiedemi It’s hard to guess what toy to buy. A piece of string is a good one. A plain old cardboard box almost always inspires fun. I’ve used yarn to make Pom poms before too. I tied them to a long piece of yarn and the cats loved chasing them. Sometimes simple is the best.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Another wandering kitty! At least the attitude there is changing for the better. I don’t know how that was accomplished but I hope it spreads.

The new toy was a dud........ until late last night. I heard spinning balls all night. :lol: Thank you kitties! They do love to play tricks on us. I’m just glad that someone in the dark had fun! I wonder who..........?
At least the kiddie pools are a huge hit. They were inexpensive and they are serving several purposes. My messy boys kick litter everywhere so.... boxes in a pool. It’s doing a great job of keeping the litter contained to the utility room. One pool is for the Bengals to have water play and the others serve as beds or play rooms. The kitty toys are pretty much stating in the pools so they double as a toy box. :yess:
I do have to switch up toys with the kitties. They get tired of some. One thing about having multiple cats though, they rotate the toys so that helps.

I hope the little one you saw has a family! Tag, chip, etc.

M maggiedemi It’s hard to guess what toy to buy. A piece of string is a good one. A plain old cardboard box almost always inspires fun. I’ve used yarn to make Pom poms before too. I tied them to a long piece of yarn and the cats loved chasing them. Sometimes simple is the best.
Jcatbird Jcatbird *Me, too, bigtime!* Thank you!:runningcat:
And yes, all of the cats I have ever known love simple toys like wadded up foil balls, any small thing on a string or wire and played with interactively, paper bags, crinkled up paper, etc.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, Michele bought a toy that was a ball and track that could be assembled in different shapes. She has it so it looks like a question mark, and it has a small ramp at each end. Burdock loves to punch the ball; first one way, then the other. I haven't seen another one since, and the place where she got it isn't there any more.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi It’s hard to guess what toy to buy. A piece of string is a good one. A plain old cardboard box almost always inspires fun. I’ve used yarn to make Pom poms before too. I tied them to a long piece of yarn and the cats loved chasing them. Sometimes simple is the best
String is always fun for a cat. But just make sure if you use string (or yarn) you put it somewhere safe when playtime is over, so there's no chance of them accidentally swallowing it.

Some things Ruby likes to play with are bottle caps off of juice or milk cartons, rings cut from a paper towel tube, and crumpled up aluminum foil.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have the toy that N NY cat man mentions above. Extra pieces can be purchased to make it bigger. You can Google "catit senses" and find it available in a few places, including Amazon and Chewy. Looks like they have changed the color to green!
TYSM, Avery Avery for that information! Catit products are really great. I KNEW I'd seen that one somewhere before! Petco may have it as well, since they have had Catit products when I've been there before, if I remember right (I shop mostly online). And I like blue, but I LOVE green! :D:thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 278431 Ok, here's Stretch with the toy I was talking about.
Stretch! Very neat toy! I bet Whistle would be at one end and Thrasher at the other. Double teaming it. :lol:
Maybe when we put the pools up for the season.....
It’s funny, I got the pools on the off chance that they could be useful. I’ve got cats in every pool! You just never know what will be a hit.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:bunny: A shoelace tied to a vertical blind wand was the only thing Gypsy would mess with at first. She would chase it as long as our arms held out.
When she first came indoors-for-keeps she had to learn how to play, she really didn't know how.
:doh: Toys are sorta hit or miss with her but she loves some unique light little balls I get at Hy-Vee I'll post some photos later. They are on the chromebook with the messed up keyboard.
Last year I had gotten this this one layer ball spin & scratcher thingy for her to ignore, although she would sit and intently watch as I spun the ball around the track....:rolleyes3:
I decided to try and return it since it is still pristine. I set it down on the bed and she jumped up and started to play with it :runaround:
Gypsy really likes your pools and the triple track spinney thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.