Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You certainly are!

Thrasher appeared today! She even meowed at me.
That's WONDERFUL news! That "meow" says so much about her, where she came from, and the hope for her future! She must have been "somebody's cat" at some point in her life, and now she begins to trust you! YAY :yess::bunnydance::dancingblackcat::clapcat::purr:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am so glad you like them! The cats are a delight and an adventure. I hope that by showing the steps of the catchinhg, neuter/spay, taming and socializing for adoption that anyone just starting out with rescues will see that there is hope for a very positive outcome. It is a process that takes time and I have picked up on the anxiety in the posts of others attempting the same thing I am. Maybe they will scan through some of this and feel more confident that if someone like me can do this then they can too. When I started this I was anxious as well. I didn’t know if such a large scale attempt could ever be successful by one person with limited resources. Thanks to other helping hands, great cat people and cooperative kitties things have gone better than I ever dreamed they could. I have brought in 60 cats and kittens. The majority have found love in new homes. I want everyone to see how much joy something like this can bring too. The joy and laughter are abundant! I hope you will find these pics of my beloved rescue kittens to be as funny as I do. Such wonderful faces!
C9542F4A-C473-4BA7-BA5F-E27C3A71B4E3.jpeg

I know you are cleaning the refrigerator drawer but I like it in here!
E9CFB66F-446C-4FEF-BF0A-E28F7167DC6D.jpeg

You should have named me Houdini!
3D3BA5EF-EF9D-4E59-B05F-1719D1DDDE9C.jpeg

If you had refilled the litter box quicker I wouldn’t be in here! ( I hope they made you laugh)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEC97E48-D345-45E3-A837-77122DD77075.jpeg
33E57289-25A2-41BD-A677-4667605427EF.jpeg
Just came in from the mosquitos. I hated to leave but they flew me back to my house! Sort of. Lol I just spotted the babies I have only seen from a distance. I sat still and watched until their mom spotted me and retrieved them. Once again I could not get close enough to really see or photograph well but I think I now know where they are living and I will be staking out the area. Here are a couple of poor shots. I hope I can get them soon.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9515CC4A-1755-4C1F-8735-5DA2112A268B.jpeg
How many cute kitties are out there? So many precious faces have graced my life the past months. Each one different but adorable. I thought I would share some of my awwwww moments. In spite of the litter boxes, the broken Knick knacks, the trips to the vet and all else that comes with training kittens, rescues and ferals, this makes it all worth everything! I hope you smile as you say. “Awwwww!”
A025303D-8036-459A-B80A-72EB446BB76F.jpeg
A2FBCFD3-66DC-4BDA-B79C-D60FFEC14350.jpeg
62D208F3-8926-4A04-80E7-F9069B9DD1C7.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There isn't one of those kittens I wouldn't welcome, if my lease and my Hekitty would allow it! I'm very taken with that last little mite! THOSE EYES! THOSE EARS! THOSE WHISKERS!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well , the feral business of today is that I found the habitat of the mom. I can’t get to her so I will have to lure her out. She stashed here babies well. I did get much close to her tonight. I got a picture of her giving me a dirty look. As long as I remained outside she would not bring the babies out. I am beginning to think the remaining cats are truly the wisest of all. Survivors for sure. I will have to rig some kind of protective covering in order to be there at night. Bug spray does nothing to keep the mosquitos away now. This is going to take some creativity on my part. At least I now know where to look. No sign of Thrasher tonight, but here is Mitsy. Se if you can find her in the pic!
B3E607FA-3B8B-4426-9E51-1B82F45B2FEF.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news!!! The best kind of news. I shall rest well tonight. Manny just became the 45th kitty of my rescues to be adopted. Not born here, I brought him in as a wild kitty just before a hurricane evacuation. ( no I do not leave my cats. If I leave, they ALL go with me whether they are tame or not) I brought in every cat I could get my hands on since my land is wetlands and partially floods. I have had to save a cat from under a building where it was trapped by rising water, so I try to keep this from happening again. Manny was brought in last year as a teenager. I worked with him and found he was a sweet and gentle kitty after a time. He is very near a year old. I am so excited and relieved that he was given the chance to prove how wonderful he is. He will make a very loving addition to his new family. Manny is very loyal to those he loves. Perhaps it is his genetic background but I believe he will be every bit as protective as a puppy of the new loved ones. The pics are of Manny on the right with his big brother, Man. Maybe Man will find a home too.
F454FCF5-1845-44D9-9EF3-D56B47282F3D.jpeg

7C220505-8072-4E02-97AD-841B1E1DCB91.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What gorgeous little tabby boys! YAY, Manny, and don't fret, Man, your time is coming! I can feel it in my bones.

As for those mosquitoes...you can try tucking Bounce fabric softeners in your clothes. They work better than anything else I've found, and I'm used to these dratted Southern mosquitoes!

NOTE TO SELF: Put Bounce on the July shopping list!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onyx who is one of the kittens from Thrasher that I was able to catch got adopted today. She was a cutie and got a home in a record 30 minutes after being offered for a new home. I did spot two of her siblings today. I won’t promise it because I can’t predict what disturbances will go on here but I think they have returned! I may get another chance to catch them after all. I really hope they stay. I also found that I was being stalked today. By a feral kitten! Curiosity may bring it in. It did not seem overly afraid of me. The other news in rescues today is about Jazzy. She is the best Mom cat I have ever known. She Has very happy children. Here they are.
67AF7755-4F08-4845-BAC4-B5626E98827A.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is something so entrancing about little spotted kitten tummies! Although...my real downfall is the wodgy little "christmas tree" tails that very young kitten have. Can't get enough of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.