My Dad Told Me My Cat Is Ugly.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute and healthy looking. Maybe your dad learned that attitude from his father? My grandfather owned a farm and he was really mean to the barn cats in front of my father.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aliceneko aliceneko - Thank You! My brother named him way back when he was a feral kitten and the name grew on me and I love it now. Lol

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi - Yes I think it is very possible. His family was kind of rough so there never was any animal lovers there. The funny thing is that when his father got older his parents got soft in their old age and adopted a rescue kitten! One of my dad's brothers is a huge cat lover now too so it goes to show that people can change.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! What a sweet guy. He looks so happy cuddling with you, which only adds to his cuteness. My dad always liked to poke fun at things I liked..maybe it's some ingrained dad instinct to dissuade daughters from bringing home strays...of any variety haha. But keep up the good work anyway! You have a big heart and I'm sure Mittens would agree!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - Yes he is. I got him neutered through a feral cat program when he was 10 months.
I'm so glad. That's one less thing for your dad to be upset about. Hopefully you can keep him inside fulltime, its so much safer for him. Gypsy is an ex-stray so I know how hard it is to make them stay inside when they want to go out but we keep reminding ourselves how upset we would be if something happened to her. Even though we live in a quiet and safe neighborhood it can happen so fast, a loose dog, an idiot driver flying down the alley, another stray cat or even something scaring her out into traffic.

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I don't think he is the cutest guy, funny thing is - my kitten is most definitely going to grow up to look exactly like Mittens :D Tf you care what your dad thinks about his looks, cats are loving, warm, snuggly, funny creatures, there is so much more than the looks. If he spent time with him I'm sure he would love him, though probably still think he's ugly :D

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling kind of bad. Last night I was holding one of my cats in the living room and my mom said to my dad "Isn't Mittens cute?" and my dad said "no he's kind of ugly". He has never liked me feeding feral and stray cats and this cat was a feral kitten I tamed so I think that may be why he doesn't like him. Do y'all think he is ugly?View attachment 218704 View attachment 218705
My father is exactly the same, his hatred of cats has been the family joke for years. He doesn’t know we have one, he’s gone for a few months and I’m like a grown up chicken to tell him! He has to come over for dinner sometime though! Here’s what I did: I bought several cute little black frames that I am hanging over her dishes. I will put his pictures in all of them so she has a little shrine of him when he shows up. She is also named Princess Buttercup Maria EDWARD. Gosh I hope he’s laughing to hard to yell at me....:poop:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
OK, so he is not the most gorgeous cat walking the Earth but he is a long way from ugly. His markings are nice and even and his nose is not too long, he's not cross-eyed or has any other things going on that would make anyone think he is ugly. I can understand someone to think that Sphinx cats are ugly, or a cat with out-sized ears, Siamese with really long noses that make them look cross-eyed or Persians with their smooshed-in faces, but this little cat just looks like a regular grey-striped cat of which there are millions. I think your dad just said that to be mean or to convince you that an "ugly" cat was not welcome in his house and that you should get rid of it. IGNORE HIM! Your kitty is cute. By the way, one of my cats is a Persian with a severely smooshed-in face which always looks dirty and thus would be considered "ugly" by your dad.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so I gotta love this phone posting things before I am done. Anyway, your very fortunate to live in a quiet neighborhood. Part of the reason I am trying to get him inside is because of where we live. We live in the country and almost every night when I am out feeding cats I hear foxes and coyotes. The other night a fox had some poor rabbit right out behind our house. Another thing is that someone has been shooting one of my stray cats. It makes me really worried about him.
No I haven't found a home for his brother. For one I am very attached to him and also I am the only one he fully trusts. The strange thing is that he is a extremely nervous cat but he was the first one that I tamed. When he was younger I tried to get him to the humane society but they couldn't take him. I just wish I could do more for these cats. There are just so many needs with all these poor strays and ferals. I try to do as much as I can for them though. I feed them, I have heated houses for Mittens and his brother, and I have set up multiple beds in our barn for them. Lol they even have a recliner. I try to do all I can.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I gotta love this phone posting things before I am done. Anyway, your very fortunate to live in a quiet neighborhood. Part of the reason I am trying to get him inside is because of where we live. We live in the country and almost every night when I am out feeding cats I hear foxes and coyotes. The other night a fox had some poor rabbit right out behind our house. Another thing is that someone has been shooting one of my stray cats. It makes me really worried about him.
No I haven't found a home for his brother. For one I am very attached to him and also I am the only one he fully trusts. The strange thing is that he is a extremely nervous cat but he was the first one that I tamed. When he was younger I tried to get him to the humane society but they couldn't take him. I just wish I could do more for these cats. There are just so many needs with all these poor strays and ferals. I try to do as much as I can for them though. I feed them, I have heated houses for Mittens and his brother, and I have set up multiple beds in our barn for them. Lol they even have a recliner. I try to do all I can.
I know . Stupid phones. Have you checked out getting help with a TNR group In your area? I know that probably people dump cats but at least it would stop kittens. You are a wonderful caring person.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 - Unfortunately we don't have a TNR organization in our county. I don't know why. My grandma has gotten a lot of help with her cats from one but she lives in a different county than us.