My Dad Told Me My Cat Is Ugly.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling kind of bad. Last night I was holding one of my cats in the living room and my mom said to my dad "Isn't Mittens cute?" and my dad said "no he's kind of ugly". He has never liked me feeding feral and stray cats and this cat was a feral kitten I tamed so I think that may be why he doesn't like him. Do y'all think he is ugly?
IMG_20180213_155217.jpg
IMG_20180206_173303.jpg

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh, he looks like such a sweet boy. :redheartpump: He is darling. Never mind your dad, just remember an old say, " You can't please everybody", and in life, you will find that to be very true. Your mom apparently appreciates your little love, thank goodness.;) And it sound like your dad is not putting up much of a stink because you are allowed to have him, so just be grateful for that, and who knows, maybe in time, your sweet boy will "grow on your dad". ;);) ( stranger things have happened):cool2: Anyway, what is your little one's name and how old is he? Please tell us more about him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His name is Mittens and his is going to be two in March. He was one of a batch of kittens a feral mother brought to our house. I tamed him and 3 of his other siblings. He isn't supposed to be a indoor cat but he comes in during the day and when my dad is out of town he gets to stay in at night too lol. He is very playful and loving. The sad part of his story is that his sister that he was inseparable with disappeared last spring. He wasn't the same cat after that happened. We bonded very deeply though after she disappeared. He reaches out to the other cats and my parents small dog out of loneliness now. It broke my heart when I saw how lonely he was. He is my best buddy now so I think that has helped him(and me because his sister's disappearence devastated me too).

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahh, How cute Mittens is and his sister is darling as well.;) Is the other cat their mother? So sorry the sister disappeared, but as you know it is a very real reality that disappearing, sickness or worse can happen to our pets if we leave them to fend for themselves out of doors. I am glad to read that your dog and Mittens have bonded and are close. Do the two of them nap together? It is wonderful that Mitten's sisters disappearance has bonded the two of you . How is Mittens doing with using a litter box? You really should keep him indoors 24/7. If your dad sees how happy you are with your sweet Mittens and the rest of the family apparently has bonded with him, (dog included), hopefully he will be less resistive to allowing him be an exclusively indoor cat. (Your mom hopefully can help with this as well, (fingers crossed). Anyway, we are glad for your update here, and please work on winning over dad. It will be worth it in the long run, I promise!!:D Keep us posted on any updates!!:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mazie mazie the other Cat is his brother. Mittens will lay out on the deck with the dog but mostly they play together. It is really cute. I haven't litter trained him yet but I am going to this summer. My mom has been working on my dad for a while. I will say we have come a long ways with my dad letting him come in sometimes so there is hope for more! My dad thinks two indoor cats are enough but me and the rest of my family think three is purrfect. Lol

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's a lovely cat. :)

Unfortunately, some people just don't see our pets with the same loving eyes that we do. All you can do is try to remember that their opinion about it doesn't matter and not let it bother you too much.

I certainly sympathize. I've gotten a few hurtful comments about Toad. Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter what others think of the animals we care about.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feral Cat Mom Feral Cat Mom - Trust me on this: he's one beautiful cat. What more important, however, is that he has Love in his heart - something which cannot be said for all people.
:yeah:

He is adorable. His fur looks so soft! I'd love to give him some cuddles!:loveeyes: :hugs:

Feral Cat Mom Feral Cat Mom He knows how much you love him and he feels the same way about you. :heartshape: