My 13 Week Old

jjones0007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

About a week ago I adopted a 13 week old kitten named Charlie. He is he absolute cutest thing in the world and I love him to bits. I live with a roommate who loves him equally as much. He is super playful, but very very demanding and needy. He walks in between my feet everywhere I go, he constantly meows for my attention even when I am in the same room, and he is only happy when I am playing with him or cuddling him. Currently I have been getting up an hour early to play with him for an hour in the morning and then leave at 8am and only get back at 6pm. When I get home I play with him non stop from 6pm - 9:30pm and then he usually falls asleep and we put him back in his bedroom.
*He is still very small, so we converted our spare bedroom into his room. He has 2 climbers, food, water, toys, litter box, and a great view to outside*

My question is whether he is okay in his bedroom while I'm at work? I want to know now whether he is going to be okay while I'm gone or if based on his personality if he needs a family that is home more often than I am.

Any answer would help! I just want to make sure he has the best life possible.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
8FB1BB8B-FE38-4358-A781-620AE3799704$L0$001~photo.GIF
to you jjones0007 and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3650.JPG
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for adopting this little kitty and please post photos of Charlie for us to see :camera:

Your kitten will be fine being alone for some time. As long as he has fresh water, a clean litter box and toys for him to play. It's great that he has two climbers and a great view of the outside.

Just keep the room cat safe and most of the time, the kitten will be sleeping. You can live one or two pieces of your clean unwashed garments and leave them in the room where he sleeps or hang out. this way, your scents from the garments will calm him when he is alone. After you have come home, shower him with lots of love and kisses.

If you want more assurance on leaving Charlie alone for some time, you may want to ask your questions here cat-behavior.5 and maybe other members may have suggestions for you.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on your new kitten. :bouquet:

Can we see a picture of him? :camera:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

About leaving him in a room while you're at work, as long as it's "kitten proofed" and he has food, water, litter box and toys, he'll be fine. And you'll know he's safe.

Here's a couple TCS articles on new kittens that might be helpful:

How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips
Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Charlie! Can't wait to see pictures. Oh, he should be just fine, safe in his room. He'll do lots of kitten chores...eat, sleep, play, sleep, groom, sleep, use his litter box, sleep...mostly sleep.