Meow! Meet Autumn (and Me!)

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, there! Proud servant of multiple pets, including- you guessed it- a cat!

Boring bit about the hooman first. I work at PetSmart, so even though this is my first cat (I've had her about six months now), I went into it with loads of information and experience working with the cats at my store. I love animals (more than most humans), and my cat is the cutest cat ever. Scientifically proven! I also have a bearded dragon (Norbert), four hermit crabs (Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel), and am upgrading from a 5.5g small sad aquarium to a kitty's dream- a 55g thriving community tank!

Now, on to the part you actually clicked on the thread for.

Autumn is a one-year old female torti shorthair, brindled coat with what I am told is a chimera face- her nose is perfectly divided between tan and black. Her eyes are incredible- they look green, but they're really blue in the middle and gold on the rims. Any pictures you see of her make them look green, but they're not. I met her at my store when she was just five months old. I knew I wanted a cat, but not like her! I wanted an adult cat, preferably male, and I wanted a black cat or- if I could somehow get my hands on one- hairless. But what I wanted /most/ was an affectionate, intelligent cat that likes to sit on my shoulders. Well, Autumn- who was named Mocha by her rescue group- lived in the top habitat in our adoption center, and every time I would go in to bring her out for socialization, cage cleaning, or brushing, she would jump on my shoulders, rub against my cheek, and purr like a chainsaw. I was in love!

Well, at the time, I lived with my parents, who wouldn't even let me have a betta fish. 21 years old, paying $400 rent, full-time job /at a pet store/... You'd think I could have a fish. Anyways, I obviously couldn't take Autumn, so I adopted her and arranged for a friend to care for her while I finalized moving out. A month later, we were ready to move in, and she's been the best cat ever!

Autumn eats Simply Nourish kibble, and her wet food is a mix-up of Simply Nourish, Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Instinct, Natural Balance, and Solid Gold brand- whatever I'm feeling (and whatever's on sale), but only the best. This spoiled kitty uses a Purina Breeze litterbox (the best litterbox ever- and the only Purina product I'll ever buy), has two cat trees, and waaaay too many toys. She also has beds she makes a point of never using. Her favorite pastimes include begging me to open windows (and then ignoring them when I do), harassing the dragon, and sleepytimes. She is great for helping with my depression and anxiety- she seems to know when I've had a bad day, and jumps into my lap to purr for me. She's learning- slowly- to walk on a leash, but prefers to be carried everywhere anyways.

That's all for now- hope to see you all around here lots! <3

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
F9942952-81DD-493A-9789-92B7C908A492.gif
Arirang and Autumn, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
7E940577-105F-4276-9044-0D8AB232D218.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for adopting Autumn and glad that Autumn has been a companion to you.
Please post photos of her as we love kitty photos here.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

LilyRae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Autumn sounds just beautiful (I would love to see pictures of her!!) The funny thing with cats is the most unexpected ones catch our hearts, or find us themselves!

At the moment my two boys are between 6&7 months old and wow the energy they have! When Tommy was younger he used to meow all night long and left me exhausted, luckily he has now grown out of that and has a new playmate, Luna :dancingblackcat:. I would look at my 5 year old Maggie and fondly remember when it was just us when I was back in those sleep deprived days. Now though with sleep back on my side, I realised how quickly these little maniacs mature and grow!!

Watching your Autumn mature into a lovely cat will fill you with joy and I adore that one year old young cat stage she has entered! They are filled with the curioisty of kittenhood but learning some proper cat manners :bigeyes:

I look forward to hearing more about your growing menagerie of curious animals, lizards make the sweetest friends (I had a blue tongue as a child).

:lovecat3: Lily (the human), Maggie, Tommy "little one" Jock IV & Luna "Bagheera" I xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My phone is refusing to log in, so posting pictures will come later when it unlocks my account on my phone. Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
... I uploaded sixteen photos, but only one showed?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... what a cutie pie. :catlove:

Sorry only 1 picture loaded. Maybe try again, but only a few at a time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She stunning! And I'm a huge fan of torties...one in particular, who runs my house like a furry five-star general!

Did you use the Media Gallery Imbed (camera icon) or the "Upload a File" option at the bottom of the message box? I find that the Upload works better, although you do have to do them one at a time.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Autumn was my cat's original name (the calico on the right in my avatar.) Pretty baby!

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll upload more photos when I can be bothered to wrassle with my phone again (I hate that thing).

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please do share more photos-- Autumn is gorgeous. I love torties, and her 'chimera' marking is amazing. You've also picked a great name for her.