Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww Laurie
 Lazlo's stories just melt my heart! Love that boy! Hope he goes on feeling better and all powerful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

God, this is hilariously funny. And so is the rest of the story.

Thank God and may these good, happy days last forever.
I thought you'd also get a kick out of it that I'm not waking up on kibble pieces any longer. :D :flail:

Last edited:

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did!!! 

What I find amazing though that you can feed Laz in the bathroom without tripping over a bunch of curious kitties wanting to know what's going on when you open the door ready to go back to bed. (I've never been able to do things in secret in the bathroom with one cat without the others gathering at the door demanding to find out what's going on and why they were not included.) 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: YOU GO LAZLO - but POOR Tuxie :lol3: I am certainly beaming with smiles at how great Lazlo is feeling. The boy's better be on the lookout for :king: Lazlo, he is back and better than ever, ready to take his throne back :flail: And, sweetie, I know that feeling in the middle of the night (multiple times :lol2:) when you just don't want to get up to care for them. But then I think the same thing, he is here and making it through another day with me and I love him so much that I will do anything for him, even if it means never getting a good night's sleep right now. So I just "day dream" :9: about sleeping :flail: . I am just so glad Lazlo is hungry, playful, happy and strong right now and pray this keeps up for a long, long time to come :nod: :D :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Lazlo, I am happy to report, is acting like a KITTEN these past few days! :thud: I don't know what's up. I just know that we are VERY, VERY, VERY blessed that this boy is doing so well. :heart3:

He and Flowerbelle were playing this evening. Full on, chasing, jumping, tails-up, tackling, rolling around, Flowerbelle-DASHING-back-and-forth wth her tail the size of a quart-size bottle brush, playing! :dash:

He almost did a back flip for da Bird feathers! :eek: :clap: :D

We're going for the hematocrit tomorrow anyway. But I'm pretty sure it's 32%+ :lol3: (knock wood). We did have to change the chemo appointment from Thursday to Friday because of a scheduling conflict.

This is the third treatment in this cycle. He gets the last treatment in two weeks. Not sure where we go from there.... we probably get the ultrasound just to see where things stand. :dk:

Whatever's going on inside of the boy ( :vibes: ), he feels GREAT. (At this point I don't know if he's gained or lost weight or what - he's eating a LOT, but with all this exercise, I can't begin to imagine whether it's up or down. And I just had to interrupt this broadcast to go feed him because he asked for food - and he ate 2 OUNCES of beef Evo!).

He's still on all the ulcer meds, the herbal, and the pred. I haven't been able to wean him off the appetite stimulant, though we do sometimes go four or five days before he needs it, instead of the every three days. :) I did take him off the iron supplement and the Yunnan Baio, because he's no longer anemic. But we're not going to risk the bleeding ulcers again. :nono:

....and he is bonking out on a catnip toy now. :flail:

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad Lazlo is feeling so well. Very very happy for you. And praying that this improvement never ends.

zeety

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, I have been so busy with my two babies I haven't had time to look around the threads and get to know everyone. You are truly amazing to be such a source of inspiration to others while having so much on your plate!

Much love and
on Laz's continued recovery

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Lazlo, I am happy to report, is acting like a KITTEN these past few days! :thud: I don't know what's up. I just know that we are VERY, VERY, VERY blessed that this boy is doing so well. :heart3:
He and Flowerbelle were playing this evening. Full on, chasing, jumping, tails-up, tackling, rolling around, Flowerbelle-DASHING-back-and-forth wth her tail the size of a quart-size bottle brush, playing! :dash:
He almost did a back flip for da Bird feathers! :eek: :clap: :D
We're going for the hematocrit tomorrow anyway. But I'm pretty sure it's 32%+ :lol3: (knock wood). We did have to change the chemo appointment from Thursday to Friday because of a scheduling conflict.
This is the third treatment in this cycle. He gets the last treatment in two weeks. Not sure where we go from there.... we probably get the ultrasound just to see where things stand. :dk:
Whatever's going on inside of the boy ( :vibes: ), he feels GREAT. (At this point I don't know if he's gained or lost weight or what - he's eating a LOT, but with all this exercise, I can't begin to imagine whether it's up or down. And I just had to interrupt this broadcast to go feed him because he asked for food - and he ate 2 OUNCES of beef Evo!).
He's still on all the ulcer meds, the herbal, and the pred. I haven't been able to wean him off the appetite stimulant, though we do sometimes go four or five days before he needs it, instead of the every three days. :) I did take him off the iron supplement and the Yunnan Baio, because he's no longer anemic. But we're not going to risk the bleeding ulcers again. :nono:
....and he is bonking out on a catnip toy now. :flail:
:clap::clap::clap: :banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

:vibes::vibes::vibes: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap: :woohoo: I can just feel your joy :jump: :banana1: :banana2: This is just THE best thing I have heard all day :D. :clap: I am trying to picture Laz and Flowerbelle tearing around :lol2:.

So, :hmm: let's see if :king: Lazlo pulls his disappearing act before you have to leave...... Keep us posted :lol3: and :cross: for a good Hematocrit level :vibes: :vibes::vibes::vibes:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just LOVE this kitty to pieces!!! Lazlo, you are one of a kind, and you make me soooooooo happy with each of these updates!!!
You are a big sunshine on my days sweetboy - Auntie Carol loves you!!! All the way from here, but oh she does she does!
Keep on getting better and better, you are our kitty hero!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:heart3::heart3::heart3::heart3::heart3::heart3::heart3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You KNOW he will! :lol3: The question is... is there a NEW place he can hide that will stump us? :lol3:
Oh I am sure he was planning all night long on this one :lol2:...... More BIG BIG :hugs: and :rub: - Loads of scritches to :king: Lazlo :D :D

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He went from 10 pounds 11 ounces to 11 pounds 3 ounces! :woohoo:

His hematocrit was only 29%, but that's still good, and the vet was comfortable with that. :) The main thing is the ulcers still seem to be under control. :cross:

As to the hiding... he's such a sneak, always acting like everything's fine then disappearing 15 - 20 minutes before we're supposed to crate him. So when he asked for food a half an hour before we were supposed to go, we fed him in the bathroom (as per usual) and closed the door. We figured - let's just go early! All our crates are folding crates, so I pop it up - and Lazlo busts the bathroom door open when he heard that! :lol3: The good news is that he bolted to the nearest safe spot - under the bed. So not too difficult to get him. :lol3:

I was wrong - this is his 3rd treatment in this cycle. Last treatment of this cycle is in two weeks. He has one more cycle of (four) treatments after this. Not sure if it's going to be every 3rd week, or every other week again. We're debating about the ultrasound. Doc points out that at this point, it wouldn't affect the treatment we're giving him. What impacts treatment is how he feels. So we probably won't do an ultrasound this time, but at the end of the next cycle, which is the end of the treatment period. Then we have a baseline against which to compare after... hopefully at least a few months. :cross:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: Come on - Fatty Boy :lol3: keep eating, keep feeling good and keep gaining some ounces :banana1: :banana2: I am pulling for a twelve pounder soon :cross: :lol2:. I DO think that 29% is very good and great news that the ulcer's are under control. They are obviously not making him feel lousy - so that is a very good sign :jump:.

That little stinker - busting out of the bathroom door like that. I guess you have to be more quiet popping open the crates - Lazlo is all ears, eyes and ESP :lol3: on Tuesday's. Here are some early vibes for Friday's treatment :rub: :rub: :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: I am just very, very :happy3: :D he is feeling like a happy BOY :clap::clap::clap:

I also think that waiting on the ultrasound after the last round of treatments is the way to go. You might as well save the money for then. You do know he if definitely feeling better than ever and you are going to follow through with finishing up the last treatment in the series anyway, so good decision on just waiting on that ultrasound. I would LOVE to know if that tumor has shrunk more too, but we will just have to wait - even though we hate to wait for answer's :nothappy: I really think Lazlo is a cancer fighting champion and is a happy little :soldier: fighting the good fight :D :D :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazlo is an amazing boy, and I am so happy he has you and Gary fighting in his corner. I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful story.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to all of you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laz had the last chemo treatment in this cycle this morning! TOTALLY spaced on asking the vet what happens the next cycle - if it's every other week, every third week or what. :anon:

But this is amazing.... he has never felt this good after coming home after a treatment. He ate 2 ounces of food (!!!) and is now running, jumping, and bouncing around here like a madman - playing with a little red furry rattle mouse! :eek: :lol3: :clap: :clap: :D

OH! He went from 11.2 pounds Tuesday to 11.4 pounds today! (11 pounds 3 ounces to 11 pounds 6.5 ounces!). :thud: :woohoo: