Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. :hugs: At least initially, because of the majorly immuno-suppressant nature of the chemotherapy (and the prednisolone), she wants me to stick with pathogen-free products. Only Stella & Chewy's, Nature's Variety, and the Primal Poultry use the High Pressure Processing process. S&C doesn't have frozen raw for cats, but the formulas for dogs are supplement with enough taurine.

I've been pricing out frozen raw, and price becomes prohibitive with the shipping prices, so I have to find places where I can purchase it here. I found a Primal distributor about an hour from here, and a Nature's Variety distributor about 20-25 minutes from here (unfortunately they're opposite directions. :rolleyes: ).

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. :hugs: At least initially, because of the majorly immuno-suppressant nature of the chemotherapy (and the prednisolone), she wants me to stick with pathogen-free products. Only Stella & Chewy's, Nature's Variety, and the Primal Poultry use the High Pressure Processing process. S&C doesn't have frozen raw for cats, but the formulas for dogs are supplement with enough taurine.
I've been pricing out frozen raw, and price becomes prohibitive with the shipping prices, so I have to find places where I can purchase it here. I found a Primal distributor about an hour from here, and a Nature's Variety distributor about 20-25 minutes from here (unfortunately they're opposite directions. :rolleyes: ).
Of course they are in opposite directions :rolleyes: :sigh: BUT - you have that option and if you are able to use that friend's freezer then you can stock up and only make the drive a couple of times a month :dk:.... Anyway - glad you found some distributor's near you :clap::clap:

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: and :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: AND :rub: :rub: :rub: :rub: :rub:

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YAY for Lazlo!

it's so great to hear about his progress. Thanks to you and Gary for nursing him back to health

I pray that the next 2 rounds of chemo take care of the bad cells once and for all.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THE LAST CHEMO TREATMENT!

After 6 months and 20 chemo treatments, Lazlo "graduated." We're nervous and excited: no more chemo. Since he handled it so well, and has done so well, it's kind of been like a security blanket. :lol3: :heart3:

We haven't decided whether or not we'll have an ultrasound done to get a new baseline for where the tumor in his tummy stands. As each round of chemo becomes less and less effective, we don't know if we'd go another round or not when that time comes. :dk:

One thing for sure? We're so very, very, VERY glad we chose this route this time. Lazlo feels fabulous, looks fabulous, and we feel very, very blessed to have had this new lease on life for our very first indoor-only rescue baby boy. :heart3:

BTW, he weighed 12.1 pounds. Doc was very happy - he's been on raw for almost two weeks. With NO kibble at all, she thinks this is great and was very pleased. She wants him at around 11.5 pounds anyway (and we're feeding him for his ideal weight). :lol3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:banana1: :woohoo: :dance: :woo: :jump: :jive: :banana2: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: This is a HUGE HUGE MASSIVELY, AMAZING DAY :clap::clap::clap::clap: What an incredible, miraculous, worthwhile, loving journey you have been on with Lazlo. Every step of the way, the ups and the downs, you have been strong and stoic for your baby boy. It truly is a miracle and a gift, Laurie. And I honestly am joining in on the joy and wonder of this long battle you fought with :king: Lazlo tonight and celebrating this successful outcome. Just BEAMING and SO positive for many, many more months of good health and good eating :lol3:. I would try to keep the weight up too.... Keep that boy fat and happy :rub: :hugs: :rub: :hugs: Please give Lazlo a big :kiss: from me tonight. Love to you :heart3: :D :9:

AND. :thud: Stunningly, beautiful picture of a very, very special and lucky kitty....... He is so deeply loved by many too, and so are you :hugs:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:banana1: :woohoo: :dance: :woo: :jump: :jive: :banana2: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: This is a HUGE HUGE MASSIVELY, AMAZING DAY :clap::clap::clap::clap: What an incredible, miraculous, worthwhile, loving journey you have been on with Lazlo. Every step of the way, the ups and the downs, you have been strong and stoic for your baby boy. It truly is a miracle and a gift, Laurie. And I honestly am joining in on the joy and wonder of this long battle you fought with :king: Lazlo tonight and celebrating this successful outcome. Just BEAMING and SO positive for many, many more months of good health and good eating :lol3:. I would try to keep the weight up too.... Keep that boy fat and happy :rub: :hugs: :rub: :hugs: Please give Lazlo a big :kiss: from me tonight. Love to you :heart3: :D :9:
AND. :thud: Stunningly, beautiful picture of a very, very special and lucky kitty....... He is so deeply loved by many too, and so are you :hugs:
:yeah: how can I possibly eat that post? :lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:
Laurie, this has been a journey of incredible love
A lesson for all of us..... to be positive, to rely on love, faith, and to always put up a good fight :nod:
You, Gary and your boy have taught us a precious lesson of strength and determination..... You are an example to be followed :worship:
What a beautiful and rewarding road this has been!
Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us :hugs:
And We are so SO glad your beautiful boy is doing so well - He deserves the best, only the best...... he deserves you, Gary and the love and life you both give him :hugs::heart3:
May he continue on this healthy path for a long time to come, and bring you a long long while of joy :hugs:

Last edited:

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Laurie - there aren't enough words to cover all the emotions that I'm feeling for you and Lazio right now. It's hard to balance Joy and Excitement with being Nervous and Unsure, especially about decisions that need to be made. 

I wish I had some words of wisdom to share - but, you alone know what is best for Lazio - and thus far you have a good support group around you to give you the pros and cons of what, if anything, to do next.  

He might become a poster child for feeding raw food, too.   

(I wish I had the where-with-all to feed all of ours raw.  I'm hearing that people are even feeding the FeLV raw with success - amazing!)

Lazio, and all your gang, are blessed to have you caring for them, and as I said before - I'm confident that you'll know - when you need to know - what sort of medical attention Lazio will require. 

Maybe just letting him "rest", and giving him good, life-giving food, and loving, is all he needs right now?  

Blessings Laurie,

g

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
LDG said:
Lazlo feels fabulous, looks fabulous, and we feel very, very blessed to have had this new lease on life for our very first indoor-only rescue baby boy.
That says it all! :vibes::vibes::vibes: that he continues to for a very long time!

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: Thank you all SO MUCH for all your support through this. :heart3:

Heard back from the vet. We're going to keep him on the prednisolone and the ulcer medications. We're to bring him in for blood work next week. :)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise

Just looking at that pic of your baby boy brings tears to my eyes. I'm so happy that things worked out this well for you guys!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

His blood work was "perfect." :clap: His hematocrit was a little lower (27%), but good, his BUN higher - but that's because of the raw diet, that's normal. :D

He GAINED weight since we pulled the kibble and put them all on raw. :lol3: He's back to 12.6 pounds. We'll slowly get to work on that - he should be around 11.5. :)

He's doing GREAT! :heart3: :cross:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

His blood work was "perfect."
His hematocrit was a little lower (27%), but good, his BUN higher - but that's because of the raw diet, that's normal.

He GAINED weight since we pulled the kibble and put them all on raw.
He's back to 12.6 pounds. We'll slowly get to work on that - he should be around 11.5.

He's doing GREAT!

Fab news hun,I really am so pleased for you.xx

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:banana1: :jive: :banana2: :jump: :sun: SUPER SUPER NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that he is gaining a bit of weight too - so very happy for you, sweetie :heart3: Please give :king: Lazlo a special :kiss: and :rub: from me tonight. His new raw diet will definitely help with his overall health too. Just wonderful, happy news!!!!! Thanks for the update too :hugs::hugs::heart3: ;)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG it is amazing how Lazlo has gained weight even though he had been on chemotherapy and all, it is really a blessing that he is doing so well, I'm so happy!!
 He is such a strong boy and he has the best parents, God bless you and Gary;)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One year ago today, I wrote this:

THE LAST CHEMO TREATMENT!

After 6 months and 20 chemo treatments, Lazlo "graduated." We're nervous and excited: no more chemo. Since he handled it so well, and has done so well, it's kind of been like a security blanket. :lol3: :heart3:

We haven't decided whether or not we'll have an ultrasound done to get a new baseline for where the tumor in his tummy stands. As each round of chemo becomes less and less effective, we don't know if we'd go another round or not when that time comes. :dk:

One thing for sure? We're so very, very, VERY glad we chose this route this time. Lazlo feels fabulous, looks fabulous, and we feel very, very blessed to have had this new lease on life for our very first indoor-only rescue baby boy. :heart3:

BTW, he weighed 12.1 pounds. Doc was very happy - he's been on raw for almost two weeks. With NO kibble at all, she thinks this is great and was very pleased. She wants him at around 11.5 pounds anyway (and we're feeding him for his ideal weight). :lol3:

I obviously didn't do the math right, because it was only 16 chemo treatments. :lol3: I guess it just felt like 20. ;)

But one year later... an ultrasound in October? November? confirmed he was still in remission. :D He weighs 12.5 pounds. :D He's sleek and muscular. :D He's playing like a kitten, demanding attention, and QUITE the Dictator (no longer benevolent! :lol3: ) as alpha cat. :rolleyes: He knows what he wants, he asks for it - er - demands it - and is incredibly persistent if we try to ignore him. :lol3:

His whiskers are long and full, his fur is incredibly soft and silky.

He still sleeps on Gary and night - and probably continues to talk to him. Gary still doesn't know what he's trying to say. ;)

I don't know what role his being on a raw diet has played in keeping him so healthy. It is called the "cancer starving diet," and it appears to be doing the job. :cross: :D

We feel so very, very lucky and blessed that he has done so well. :clap: :heart2: :rub:

...and I'd like to thank everyone again for all your (much needed) support along the way! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: