Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK! Lazlo is hungry, eating a lot - well - at least frequently LOL (waking me up a lot at night to ask for food too!), peppy, perky, bouncy... and just generally looking and apparently feeling great! :clap:

I have no idea what's happening to the tumor on this bi-weekly schedule, but he's a happy guy. :clap: :D

We go in tomorrow for the hematocrit to check up on how things are looking since we've been treating the bleeding ulcer(s?) again. Two weeks ago it went from 22% to 26% in five days. So it's been two days short of two weeks since we checked. If it looks good, we go back Thursday for the chemo. We've split them up, just becase a) the vet is 10 minutes away now ( :woohoo: ) and if there are any suprises, because his last chemo was a Thursday, if we do the hematocrit the same day, if we found we needed to do something, it would put the chemo off until the following week not two or three days later in the same week. So hopefully there will be no surprises tomorrow. :cross:

And since he's been eating so well, I haven't been syringing him for the past... week or so. It'll be interesting to see where his weight is relative to Oct 27, the Thursday he got the chemo. :cross:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Auntie is BEAMING smiles of SHUNSHINE!!!!!!! :sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:

This is just the kind of news I needed to hear tonight :D!! I am betting he has gained a few ounces - oh heck - let's say a pound :clap::clap: :cross:. It does the heart good to know you are doing the best for your little man :heart3: and IT IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :jump: Much luck tomorrow - will be waiting in the wings for the good news :happy3: :bigthumb:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are great news!!!!!! Oh I'm just so happy he is doing so well, if he is eating so well and he is happy he must be getting better, I hope his next blood tests are good, I'll pray for that:) Lost og hugs

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.  You go, Lazlo!!  Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well!!  Strong boy!!

I like "peppy, perky and bouncy"! 

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the happy update!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :heart3: :heart3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's my boy!!! That's my boy!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Lazlo, you are a champ!!!!!!! Keep getting better baby!! We love you very much!! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hugs for mommy and daddy :hugs:

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: for Lazlo!!! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: that he keeps getting better!! You and Gary are amazing!! You're my heroes!!! It's all about the Power of Love (and good vets).
Turtle and I love you guys..of course you know how Turtle feels about LAZLO her beau!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: He got the all clear for chemo Friday! (It would normally be Thursday on the new schedule, but his doc is out that day this week).

His hematocrit is back up to 32%, and he gained another 2 ounces! He's not over 11 pounds again yet, but he's 10 pounds, 11 ounces. :D :clap: :bigthumb:

P.S. He was VERY sneaky this morning. About 20 minutes before we were to crate him, he slinked under the bed. :rolleyes: BUT - there are three access points - the end of the bed and both sides of the bed. (Platform bed that lifts up with holes cut into it). The one on my side is easy to see if anyone's out that side - the one on Gary's side is not, there's a table there. It has inset legs with a shelf on it. He apparently exited that side and climbed onto the shelf (it's a few inches off the floor, but difficult to see if you stick your head down there to look - what's easy to see is the empty space between the table and the side of the bed). Gary lifted up the bed, and I grabbed the cat with the gray tail out of the box and went to put Lazlo in the crate - only it wasn't Lazlo! It was Spooky! But there were no other cats under there! :flail: Looked on my side of the bed - no cat. Looked on Gary's side of the bed - no cat. :scratch: Went to look up under the chair he used to hide under - no cat. No Lazlo in the front dash, no Lazlo inside of the castle, no Lazlo in the cabinet, no Lazlo in the tube (that goes from behind the couch to the front dash), no Lazlo under the couch.... :dk: We were REALLY stumped at this point. Went back to investigate around the bed, and Gary found him on that shelf. :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: POOR SPOOKY :lol3:!!!! AND I bet :king: Lazlo thought "OH GOODIE!!!!! It's Spooky's turn" :flail: I am sure he was on that shelf thinking "PHEW - That was a close one" and then you found him :(....... Very funny story for this morning :D

AND :woohoo: :jump: :sun::sun::sun: for 32% :shocker: That is just fantastic news :D :clap::clap::clap::clap: And he is almost to eleven pounds :bigthumb:

p.s. Will be interesting to see what happens on Friday for his crating :lol3:. Spooky will head for this hills :flail::D

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lazlo had his chemo today. And I don't know what's up with the boy, but his appetite (though yes, aided by the stimulant), is just off the charts! :clap:

Even this afternoon - after the chemo - he is ravenous! He'd gained another 10th of an ounce since TUESDAY, which means he's now at about 10 pounds, 13 ounces! :D :bigthumb: :woohoo:

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, how absolutely wonderful. LOVE these happy updates. Can't tell you how happy I am for all of you.

(((((HUGS)))))

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Violet! :clap: Do you know how happy it makes me to make you happy with this kind of news? :lol3: :flail: :heart3: :hugs:

It's really been a journey. :heart3: But any time Lazlo wakes me up at some normally completely unreasonable hour of the morning and I think "Ugh, I just don't want to get out of bed!" I look at Laz and the thought just melts away... because thank goodness he's here with us and ASKING for food! (Yeah, I gave up the kibble-in-the-baggy under the pillow thing. NOT that I got sick of waking up on kibble pieces. No, the other cats OBVIOUSLY caught on to the sound of kibble being removed from the baggie, and then they'd all be swarming over us. :rolleyes: So Lazlo gets fed in the bathroom now. :lol3: ).

And Yes, Tammy, he is amazing! :clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should tell you, the BEST news that indicates just HOW well he really feels happened this morning. Tuxedo has "taken over" the foot of the bed, and has been VERY territorial about it. But... given the way we have things set up in there, that's the main route of entrance to the bedroom. They CAN choose to go under one of the shelves, and come up around the side of the bed... but Ming Loy is pretty much the only one that does that, because she needs the step-ups (we have a one-level cat condo thingy there she can use to help), as she can't just leap up onto the bed (CH kitty).

So Lazlo's hanging out in the cat bed on one of the shelves, about a foot or so above the bed, at the foot of the bed. Tuxedo is lying down at the foot of the bed - and any time he sees someone coming, he JUMPS UP and looks menacing. :lol3: Well - Laz was getting sick of it. So Tuxie JUMPS UP at Billy or Shel in the hallway - and Lazlo leapt out of the bed and tackled him! :flail: Tuxedo was so taken aback - he was about to stand his ground and have a stare down with Lazlo... but Laz kind of "stood up" tall and tilted his head ever-so-slightly in that way that says... I'm not going to back down. :clap: Tuxie thought better of it, and bolted out of the bedroom. (Tuxedo doesn't saunter. Tuxie moves around like Ricochet Rabbit LOL).

Laz hopped back up into the bed and curled up to have an uninterrupted nap. :lol3:

NO one takes on Tuxie. They just don't. It's not that he's the alpha, Lazlo usually is (it's a somewhat fluid dynamic depending upon where in the RV it is, or how they're feeling - Tuxie's got his own health issues). But Tuxie - when he feels well - has always been very aggressive. The others just typically avoid him, being a fairly peaceful crew LOL. Tuxie's like that scrappy little kid that's always up for a fight, even if he knows he's going to lose. :lol3: So that Lazlo did this - and just for the sake of a peaceful nap! - means that he REALLY feels well! :bigthumb:

Last edited:

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuxedo is lying down at the foot of the bed - and any time he sees someone coming, he JUMPS UP and looks menacing.
God, this is hilariously funny. And so is the rest of the story.

So that Lazlo did this - and just for the sake of a peaceful nap! - means that he REALLY feels well!
Thank God and may these good, happy days last forever.