Meet My Orange Family!

rockitorknockit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I've already posted elsewhere on the site about my boy Oscar. The response to that, my first ever post, has been so nice, that I have decided I'd like to get more into this forum. You all seem awesome and there's nothing better than talking about cats all day anyway. Happy to learn from you all and also share my experience and support if it can help someone else. So, here is a proper introduction.

My name is Rachel! I'm 35 and work in the mental health field. I am married to Ellie, who is not on this forum but is the "we" I continuously refer to. And we have a pumpkin patch:

Oscar - 14 year old completely orange angel baby who has never done anything wrong in his entire life, the gracious master of the house whom we are all blessed to serve. Loves treats and ME. Hates everything else, including you.
Barney - 2.5 year old orange and white terrorist who is actually just a demon wearing a cat suit. Does not care about treats, but will eat ear plugs until he pukes if we forget to lock them up.
Waldo - A medium-haired all orange Syrian hamster whom my wife spoils more than the rest of us combined. Was labeled a male in the store but we're pretty sure it is a girl. Loves corn. Kept in a closed room because Oscar is mysteriously terrified of hamsters and Barney would sacrifice us all to destroy even one.

This is my humble little family. Do not be fooled by the pic of Oscar and Barney, they are actually mortal enemies.

spaghettiandmeatballs.jpg cornlover.jpg

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is just something about orange boys. 100% of them are awesome! And I speak as someone who has never owned an orange cat. All the ones I've met in my life have that je ne sais quoi that makes them totally lovable (even the terrorists!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockitorknockit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is just something about orange boys. 100% of them are awesome! And I speak as someone who has never owned an orange cat. All the ones I've met in my life have that je ne sais quoi that makes them totally lovable (even the terrorists!)
So true! Of the many cats my family has had, Oscar was actually the first ever orange. I guess it started a tidal wave, because here we are. Lots of solid grey and solid black cats that he's been around. Oscar has always been the little sun spot.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Oranges!!! Pumpkin--female long haired.. Artie--my orange soul kitty, my love..... and now Geoffrey my buff colored little guy--my baby of 6 years old.....

I just fine orange kitties to be so special.. their personalities are unique...Especially males.. so loving.. so different.. almost like a human... and so perceptive..

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
unnamed.gif
Rachel, Ellie, Oscar, Barney and Waldo, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27fcc15df3fba68a2a4b868777fc711c.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Your orange gang is lovely :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post photos more photos of them and we have a special here just for Oscar and Barney here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and for Waldo in other-pets-animals.41 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

rockitorknockit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you thank you, for the welcomes and Orange love!

I love all kitties. I've had some incredible kitties of other colors, of course, but I agree, there is something special about the Oranges.

Oscar is so vocal, sweet, loyal, curious... so perceptive. He does not shy away from my intense emotions despite being an actually rather sensitive being (I have had several kitties that very clearly picked up on high emotions, but were distressed by it and barked or hid... Oscar comes and plops right on top of anyone who is crying, as if he knows his presence is soothing, which is definitely is). A true emotional support kitty for me. My angel.

I feel like Barney's white somehow mixes up the Orange traits. I've read since adopting him that many find orange and white cats in particular to be handfuls... Blaming my wife for that, because she was the one who spotted him. lol

rockitorknockit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you tabbytom for the links! I was just telling my wife this afternoon that there are amazing resources here. She keeps saying she is so happy I found y'all because it's already proven helpful during a stressful time. Going to go check out that thread full of calico and orange pics now!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you tabbytom for the links! I was just telling my wife this afternoon that there are amazing resources here. She keeps saying she is so happy I found y'all because it's already proven helpful during a stressful time. Going to go check out that thread full of calico and orange pics now!
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

Yes, we have many good articles and also many helpful experienced cats around. Glad you found us :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to ALL of you! Especially little Waldo...I have a weakness for rodents (which probably explains my second...and last...marriage)! One of my favorite cats in my life was a BIG orange tom (never tell him he was neutered...he'd call you a liar!) who wasn't sure he was a cat. He followed my kids around on their bikes, walked to meet my ex when he got off of work, loved to ride in cars, and take baths with me. And you have not lived until you've tried to relax in a bubble bath with 12 pounds of wet cat lying on your chest! His name was Primus, after the band, because that bass purr always took the lead!

rockitorknockit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to ALL of you! Especially little Waldo...I have a weakness for rodents (which probably explains my second...and last...marriage)! One of my favorite cats in my life was a BIG orange tom (never tell him he was neutered...he'd call you a liar!) who wasn't sure he was a cat. He followed my kids around on their bikes, walked to meet my ex when he got off of work, loved to ride in cars, and take baths with me. And you have not lived until you've tried to relax in a bubble bath with 12 pounds of wet cat lying on your chest! His name was Primus, after the band, because that bass purr always took the lead!
Thank you for the welcome, and OMG this killed me! Laughed at the rodent comment, and also shocked about the bath kitty! I've had cats who like water but that's another level. An incredible image.

Also, 100% on the purr. Oscar also has the most incredible purr!!! One time he got really ill because he was being over-medicated for his hyperthyroidism and he STOPPED purring completely. Besides being unsettling, it was so depressing. I never missed a sound so much. His purr is everything - so soothing to my soul. My favorite sound. It was weeks before he fully recovered and purred again. A horrible taste of what the later future could hold... a life without his purr? Not for me!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Welcome to the forum, Rachel, Ellie, Oscar, Barney and Waldo. There are a lot of orange cat lovers here. They really are special beyond belief. The cat in the picture is my Tommy. All of my cats have been orange or buff colored. Your pumpkin batch are adorable.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome 💕 great family you have 😻the orange is overwhelming😹 can I say the orange is with you😹 Merlin is my first fully orange guy, but had my beloved torties before so they were pary orange and there is a fb group called the ginger cat gang where any ginger/orange/ red cat of any kind is considered a ginger. Merlin after being abandoned outside with his twin brother Marlon who sadly went missing, has turned from an oudoor guy into an indoor lovebug. It is hard to believe that those guys aren’t bff from that pic! Little Waldo is adorable and he looks so intelligent too 😀

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh such cuties!!

Welcome to TCS! SO glad you are here!