Meet Maka!

sarcasticallyxyours

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My name is Ashley, I have always had cats growing up, but recently got married and moved out with my husband, leaving the family cats behind with the family. However, I just officially became a cat mommy for my 27th birthday! Maka is our new baby! We adopted her from All About Cats in Freeport, Long Island. We entered her room at the shelter and she came right over, rubbing our legs and trying to jump in my pocketbook. We asked about her and the shelter staff said no one wanted to take her home because of her eyes. She drew our attention to them, explaining she had an infection when she first came to them that created ulcers in her eyes. We immediately knew this was our knew friend. She is the sweetest cat I've ever met, she doesn't leave our side and the only time she is not purring is when she is sleeping. Maka is going to be 5 months old on the 11th. I cannot wait to learn more about caring for my little girl from this forum and seeing all your furry babies as well!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:

Congratulations on becoming a new cat mommy :heartshape:
Maka is a beautiful girl with beautiful name :redheartpump:
I love the little white patch on her head - it's almost but not quite a diamond shape. It's so cute !

Hope to see you around the forums

CaliCatCharlie

Living FeLV Pawwwsitive!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi and Welcome!:hyper:

Your fur baby is adorable. And she has found her humans. Purrrrrfect

I am also new around here but everyone here has been awesome. Have fun and enjoy all the beautiful kitties :lovecat2:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome! What a beautiful girl you have. Hope to see you around the site. There's lots of great information and good conversation here.:hellocomputer:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
431AD2DC-5A76-42CC-9C8E-B5F790B5189C.png
Ashley and Maka, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
C680022F-F054-46F9-8DDD-09C98284E66E.gif

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Thank you for taking Maka in and she’s lovely. Yes, there’s lots to learn from in this site.
Here’s a special thread just for her :-
Bi-color kitties only!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Congrats on your recent marriage, and becoming a new cat mommy. Maka is beautiful. And it sounds like she was waiting at the shelter for you and your new husband to adopt her. :catlove:Do her eyes require special care?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarcasticallyxyours

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Congrats on your recent marriage, and becoming a new cat mommy. Maka is beautiful. And it sounds like she was waiting at the shelter for you and your new husband to adopt her. :catlove:Do her eyes require special care?
Thank you! We don't know yet, we have an appointment with her vet next Saturday, so we shall see what they say.