Meet Kuechly!

Lindsay1126

Kuechly
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, wanted to introduce our family and it's new member Kuechly (KEE-kly). He is a 10 week old tuxedo kitten. We got him last Wednesday after much searching. It's a hard thing to try to find a new cat in the shelters. Luckily our Spca has rooms they divide their cats and kittens in so you can see them playing or sleeping a place they are comfortable. I went a few other places and all the kittens I saw were so frightened and skittish. Then I met him, he was brave, playful and came right up to me to check me out. Now that he's home and been introduced to the whole house he is the same brave, but finds one of us to nap with. So slowly took him of kitten chow and now leave a couple tbsn of Tiki cat dry food out, and we feed him 3 times a day wet food Fancy feast kitten chicken. I want to move him off that to natures variety instinct kitten. I just want to do things slowly and I figured getting him off that Purina kitten how was more purdent than the canned.
This is our first family cat. We had a German Shepherd for 13 years before he passed. That was 9 months ago. We knew that a dog wouldn't be a great choice right now bc my son is severely disabled and has lots of hospital visits, and I have to be gone all day on those days. We are so happy with our choice. He is so much fun, the kids love him and we are excited to see him grow. Just wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-790907.gif
Lindsay1126 and Kuechly, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3662.GIF
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for adopting Kuechly and definitely he had chosen you. He is such a cutie! :lovecat: :purr: Do post more photos of him and here's a special thread just for him :- tuxedo-cats.281802

We do hope that your son gets better and get well soon.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
And congrats on your first ever cat. :bouquet: Kuechly is a total cutie pie. :catlove:

TCS has some articles just for new cat owners, as well as some others that you may find helpful. I'll post the links below.

First-time Cat Owner's Guide
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

Plus a few on cats and food:
What Do I Need To Know About Feeding My Cat?
How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat?
Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food (canned, Raw, Or Homemade)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindsay1126

Kuechly
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all. I have been reading a ton from the forum. It was more than helpful getting things ready for him. Thank you about my son, but his condition is lifelong. It is amazing though bc Kuechly plays full force with my girls who are 6&8 but with JJ our son he is so soft and gentle. He lays quietly and let's him pet him and play. He curls up on his chest when my sons in is wheelchair and sleeps.
15341685947923176916076212857070.jpg
20180813_095750.jpg

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and to Kuechly! And thank you for the phonetic spelling...I was a bit lost! Isn't it amazing how they quickly learn how to respond and play with different members of the family? Looks like you found a treasure!

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on welcoming a new edition to your family! It sounds as if he is settling in well, and I hope you bring eachother many years of happiness :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindsay1126

Kuechly
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it's a difficult name to pronounce, so I figured that would help;)
Lindsay1126 Lindsay1126 - Welcome to TCS! Kuechly is just adorable; I hope we get to see lots more of him around here!

White Tip says, "hello and welcome to Kuechly!"

View attachment 247617
Welcome to you and to Kuechly! And thank you for the phonetic spelling...I was a bit lost! Isn't it amazing how they quickly learn how to respond and play with different members of the family? Looks like you found a treasure!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is our first family cat. We had a German Shepherd for 13 years before he passed. That was 9 months ago.
A very warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: We also had a German Shepherd, they are without a doubt a wonderful and loyal breed. :bluepaw: I'm sorry to hear that he recently passed away. :hugs:

As other members have said, Kuechly is an adorable bi-color kitten. If you have a pic of him hiding you may want to enter this month's contest:
Contest - August Picture Of The Month: Cats Hiding!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Lindsay1126 and welcome to the forum !
...with JJ our son he is so soft and gentle. He lays quietly and let's him pet him and play. He curls up on his chest when my sons in is wheelchair and sleeps.
It may be that Kuechly has chosen 'his person'.........what a sweet cat!