meet Buggy

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
here's the big boy today...safe and sound....1st year indoor anniversary tomorrow 1/9
Wow! How time flies. One year on! He looks good from top to bottom to back and nice sheen on his fur.

On behalf of Bugs, I thank you for taking him in :clap::rock::wavey::thanks:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your comments!

An official 1 year indoor today. Grats to my very special Bug (proper name Bagheera) today! Going forward, we'll celebrate Jan 9 as his "birthday".
Saved from constant, dangerous roving and straying, putting him in harms way, I'd surmise his life would have been very short indeed.
Such a good boy now, so far removed from the bum he was. Proof that an older, intact, nasty, violent stray can be brought in and turned around into a valued member of the household. The undeniable leader of Club Med for kitties here, many times he's been witnessed to "keep the others in line".

Many thanks to mentors here (@ondine and tabbytom tabbytom ) for your constant invaluable help, personal support and experienced advice. I shudder to think I actually contemplated not taking him in at all...and releasing him at one point....SO glad I heeded your advise!

Though not a "lap cat"...these days he does wake us up, jumping onto the bed...hungry ..purring...shmoozing or "hustling" us for brekkie. My big boy brings smiles every day!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to your boy, bigbadass, but reading it, I cannot help but think your comments sound like a "goodbye" to us on TCS. Please say it isn't so...... We are so happy for you, bugs and the rest of your family, but I do hope you are planning to continue his updates!!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to your boy, bigbadass, but reading it, I cannot help but think your comments sound like a "goodbye" to us on TCS. Please say it isn't so...... We are so happy for you, bugs and the rest of your family, but I do hope you are planning to continue his updates!!
:yeah: :kiss: :rock::touched::bigeyes:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You misunderstand...i'm not going anywhere! I'm still learning from friendly members, enjoying other success stories.....sometimes I'm even providing encouragement to others! And the cats here...beautiful. Nope...no plans to leave!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what is interesting about this story?
The thought patterns seem very similar, The doubts etc...
good to hear there are happy endings!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow Great Story! Animal lovers have such great perseverance.
.....as do those folks reading such long, wandering posts of a dummy (such as me)
Don't know if you read it, but at one point, I was even ready to open the door and let him go. The more knowledgeable folks here urged me to hang in....man am I glad i did!

Older feral/strays certainly CAN be domesticated....the time and effort required may vary....must be committed to nonetheless. IMHO it was worth every (sometimes difficult) moment.

Bug is estimated to be 4 years old now...middle aged, mellowing and certainly maturing....but he's happy and loved nonetheless.
Saving him was SO satisfying. At the risk of repeating myself...he brings smiles to my face on a daily basis.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
actually that was the exact thing I was thinking of, "maybe she would be better off outside"
we live in San Diego so it's not such a bad thing.
But I'm committed for the long haul, I'm pretty sure she likes it in the house, she just doesn't
know how yet. I don't know how old she is, but I know I saved her from a hard life.
I hope the end of my story ends with a photo of me and her cuddling:)
that I will of course have to enter in some contest:lol:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we brought in dante from being a stray on dec 15th. by valentines day he was integrated into the house. it's definitely hard but it was like a light switch at one point in his head where it all changed over. it seemed to have to do with me spending all day with him like it or not. he's a young kitty, still growing. (he's as big if not a bit bigger than our female maine coon now) he still isn't cuddling with me except for when I'm sleeping but he has taken to my husband. and his personality is everything we were not expecting. he's a sweetie, playful, likes the other cats, no marking or aggression problems.

so yeah, they do come around with time and patience.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello tabbytom tabbytom , hope all is well with you. And remind that you are partially responsible for what you see in that pic there!
Your helping this dummy (me) still not forgotten and still greatly appreciated. Sometimes I think back...just imagine if I had opened the door and let him go. What a mistake that would have been!
These beautiful animals inspire me on a daily basis.

Last edited:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buried within this long thread is the story....both Bug and Princess appeared lost, desperate, starving, wandering in my back yard within 6 months of one another...I took each in without any hesitation whatsoever.
Both received vet visits, testing, shots, etc. We got Bug "fixed", Princess was already.
As the picture indicates, both very happy they found their new home AND EACHOTHER....they've settled in perfectly, these 2 bonded instantly from the moment they met. I'm convinced they are related somehow.

Last edited: