That is so amazing that they are friends, I can't remember but was there
any difficulties at first? Walli and Joey had a fight, and I wonder if there is
still hope for them to be friends

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My... if it wasn't for their differences in size, I don't know how you tell them apart?:dunno:
at night, when certain lights are off i mistake them all the time.

there are 6 cats in my house, these 2 strays are the only that will sleep together like this, so closely bonded. Convinces me they are, in fact, related somehow.

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bigbadbass, I just finished reading your WHOLE story from the beginning to the wonderful, happy ending! When I posted a request for advice about bringing two semi-feral cats inside, Rubysmama suggested that I might like to get some inspiration from your success and I certainly did! I'm also so impressed with the smart, experienced, generous people on this website who take the time to give advice and offer support. I just wanted to add my thanks to you for all your hard work, and congratulate you on your success in saving and providing a good home for those two beautiful black kitties!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Avery-

I can't believe you read the *whole* thing! Its so long, but admittedly the helpful, expert guidance shown by senior members was epic. Bug was a handful, believe me, in comparison to Princess, who was a willing participant, she was home seeking and knew what she wanted. Bug was much more complex, twisted by his hormonal instincts. We had to get past that before domestication was even on the table. A year and a half later...he's the "leader of the pack", and such a good boy. Princess' behavior is perfect....i only wish i could have had possession of both from earlier in their lives, but thats ok. They must have been beautiful kittens growing up. But their adult lives are now safe and secure.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Avery-

I can't believe you read the *whole* thing! Its so long, but admittedly the helpful, expert guidance shown by senior members was epic. Bug was a handful, believe me, in comparison to Princess, who was a willing participant, she was home seeking and knew what she wanted. Bug was much more complex, twisted by his hormonal instincts. We had to get past that before domestication was even on the table. A year and a half later...he's the "leader of the pack", and such a good boy. Princess' behavior is perfect....i only wish i could have had possession of both from earlier in their lives, but thats ok. They must have been beautiful kittens growing up. But their adult lives are now safe and secure.
Gypsy was a neighborhood stray about 1 or 2 years old (vets guess) who had been TNR'd when we first met her. I bet she had been a beautiful kitten. Wish I could have seen her then and I wish we knew her story. 1st photo is when we were still feeding her outside before she ever came inside: birds eye wild nov 2016.jpg
After she took over our hearts and home:
And now the only way she goes outside: side jacket.jpg
She did so well on the leash that I got a less restrictive, yet still secure, H harness for her:
Outside.jpg

Last edited:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_20180716_1018230.jpg

yup bringing them in and domesticating them even if they are hormonal is totally worth it. Dante was CRAZY when we first bought him in. we trapped him in a cage after months of feeding him. he had lung worm, worms unneutered.. the lungworm was pretty bad. he couldn't really jump or do much without getting winded. the doc could really hear them. he's mostly better now with an occasional wheeze. it's been about 8 months and now he jumps and is a rowdy loveable good natured cat. when we first got him he was so testostorone laden that he actually ripped out some of the trim around the door wiht his teeth.
we've built an enclosed cat enclosure on our patio. the other day I had to close the window for a minute while they were still out there. (that's their access) he panicked and was like NOOO let me back in. that was really nice to see. if he ever does get out the front door by accident he's not going to run away. lol. I don't think he was without socialization as a kitten.. but he was without humans for a good portion of his kittenhood. pretty sure he was an older kitten when we brought him in. like a year or so old he's gained four pounds and has definitely gained length.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 248585

yup bringing them in and domesticating them even if they are hormonal is totally worth it. Dante was CRAZY when we first bought him in. we trapped him in a cage after months of feeding him. he had lung worm, worms unneutered.. the lungworm was pretty bad. he couldn't really jump or do much without getting winded. the doc could really hear them. he's mostly better now with an occasional wheeze. it's been about 8 months and now he jumps and is a rowdy loveable good natured cat. when we first got him he was so testostorone laden that he actually ripped out some of the trim around the door wiht his teeth.
we've built an enclosed cat enclosure on our patio. the other day I had to close the window for a minute while they were still out there. (that's their access) he panicked and was like NOOO let me back in. that was really nice to see. if he ever does get out the front door by accident he's not going to run away. lol. I don't think he was without socialization as a kitten.. but he was without humans for a good portion of his kittenhood. pretty sure he was an older kitten when we brought him in. like a year or so old he's gained four pounds and has definitely gained length.
:clap::salam::clap2: :heartshape: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
approx a year and 1/2 indoor....finally....Princess actually approaches us for pets/attention. Initially, she was really skittish, preferred being left alone. I suspected some degree of human abuse at some point.

So, she's now a willing, full member of the household! Seems to love being petted, raises her rear, and kind of shakes her tail, we are even allowed to pick her up and cuddle her....seems she's now thrilled with the attention!

Took a heckuva long time for her to get here.....

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on you finally arriving!! Oh yes, that infamous raising of the rear!!, heck, you're in like flint now! I even bought myself a glass figurine of a cat with his/her rear in the air last year at a department store. Reminded my of Katy, of course I had to buy it. :D So happy for you all.:)

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
approx a year and 1/2 indoor....finally....Princess actually approaches us for pets/attention. Initially, she was really skittish, preferred being left alone. I suspected some degree of human abuse at some point.

So, she's now a willing, full member of the household! Seems to love being petted, raises her rear, and kind of shakes her tail, we are even allowed to pick her up and cuddle her....seems she's now thrilled with the attention!

Took a heckuva long time for her to get here.....
:clap::clap2: :woohoo::beerchug: