Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Mercy loves hers. She'll choose to eat her kibble out of that before a bowl. I have caught her just knocking the food through and Mook sitting there eating the fallout. I have a lifelong sleep disorder. The one thing that works consistently is Benadryl. And it has far fewer side effects than the sleep aids the doctors have prescribed. Ambien gave me a bout of amnesia years ago. It took days for me to function again.
Benadryl doesn't work for me unfortunately.  I'm with you on the side effects, though.  My experience with Ambien had me hallucinating linear patterns, four days of sleeplessness and a trip to the ER for a hideous migraine.  Never again. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Benadryl doesn't work for me unfortunately.  I'm with you on the side effects, though.  My experience with Ambien had me hallucinating linear patterns, four days of sleeplessness and a trip to the ER for a hideous migraine.  Never again. 
Audio books help me. I have mind racing and the focus on the story often slows things down where I go to sleep.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Audio books help me. I have mind racing and the focus on the story often slows things down where I go to sleep.
This helps me, too, except usually I go to sleep listening to Netflix.  I binge listened my way through 17 seasons of Midsumer Murders that way.  The great part was it was always new because I'd fall asleep at different points. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

This helps me, too, except usually I go to sleep listening to Netflix.  I binge listened my way through 17 seasons of Midsumer Murders that way.  The great part was it was always new because I'd fall asleep at different points. 
Quiet is my biggest enemy. Shows where speaking tells the story work wonderfully and I might add without the side effects of oral sleep aids.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Quiet is my biggest enemy. Shows where speaking tells the story work wonderfully and I might add without the side effects of oral sleep aids.
One of the great things about Midsomer Murders is that the musical score is so melodic.  Even when there is a lull in conversation, there is usually wonderful music playing.  I'm actually looking for a new show as I need to take a break from MM.  Recently I tried Arrested Development but it kept me awake laughing.   Now I'm on to Murder She Wrote - much better.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take Benedryl every night, too, along with melatonin. No side effects, but Benedryl usage has been linked to Alzheimer's. I worry about it every day, but take it anyway.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I fall asleep listening to CNN at night. Seriously! They have a very sleep-inducing tone. Movies with a lot of storms work too (thinking "Twister").

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fall asleep listening to CNN at night. Seriously! They have a very sleep-inducing tone. Movies with a lot of storms work too (thinking "Twister").
When AWM has trouble sleeping she usually watches a disaster movie of some kind. TwisterVolcano, and The Day after Tomorrow all seem to work just as well. 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the happy birthdays , everyone. Had a wonderful, relaxing day. My hubby made me an awesome planter that i cant wait to fill with flowers tomorrow . Thats if i dont have a hangover. I had 3 glasses of wine! Alcohol and I dont get along too well.
View media item 354408

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
When AWM has trouble sleeping she usually watches a disaster movie of some kind. TwisterVolcano, and The Day after Tomorrow all seem to work just as well. 
The Day After Tomorrow is a good one too, have had that on twice in the last week. I like Volcano, but Anne Heche calling out "Kelly Roark!!" over and over again always wakes me up, regardless how low the volume is.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I take Benedryl every night, too, along with melatonin. No side effects, but Benedryl usage has been linked to Alzheimer's. I worry about it every day, but take it anyway.
Maybe it is but the lack of sleep has to be worse. I've reached the point of exhaustion where I was dipping in and out of micro sleeps.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool!  I've never seen one of those before; I'll have to put it on the list for Jasmine once the finances are straightened out.

Roger got home just fine, and is getting around the house much better, which means that the therapy worked well.  I'm very glad to have him home.  Jasmine doesn't quite know what to think of the walker yet, but she was quick to figure out that she should stay out of its way.  I've always said that she's a smart cat, most of the time.

Now I just need to get myself some dinner to make the headache go away.  Fortunately, it's mild; I don't get migraines.  We're sitting here watching the pilot episode of Brain Dead, on CBS.  It's looking like it may turn into a good series.

Margret

websters mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shortly after Christmas 2014, discovered a momma cat had not found a room at any local inns, so decided my front porch wood pile would do. Never found nest but after two dead ones appeared in back yard (I ResQ chow chows), I enlisted help. eventually 3 went thru TNR . Friendliest one kept walking into my back yard despite five energetic dogs, so as she survived that, she now lives in an outdoor cage...where another momma cat visits regularly with her kittens (here we go again)....sure hope my trapper friend can get all four loose ones soon...one of the babies ran up to me when I walked out to feed them tonight..

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope Roger's checkout and homecoming went smoothly.  How is he doing?

"Kibble maze"  Ha ha!  I couldn't think of what to call it.  This thing:  Catit Design Senses Treat Maze.   Well, I got the word "maze" right.  :)

View media item 354379
I definitely just ordered one of these from drs foster and smith. Haha. Hope my cats actually use it. It looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Emma was a bit constipated last night
She went in the litter box to poop and scooted her way out, dropping dry hard crumbles on the floor
And there was stuff stuck to her long hair
Got her and the floor cleaned up. She seemed ok otherwise. No idea why she was constipated. Her diet hasn't changed, just raw NV with a teeny bit of raw beef  / Alnutrin for meat and bone mixed in. I thought I still had Miralax on hand but I didn't. I did have a can of one of the pumpkin and chicken varieties of Weruva so I gave Emma a bit of that, hoping that the pumpkin would help unclog her. I'll have to pick up some Miralax at the store today. Does canned pumpkin work any better / faster than Miralax?

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Emma was a bit constipated last night :doh3: She went in the litter box to poop and scooted her way out, dropping dry hard crumbles on the floor :doh3: And there was stuff stuck to her long hair :doh3: Got her and the floor cleaned up. She seemed ok otherwise. No idea why she was constipated. Her diet hasn't changed, just raw NV with a teeny bit of raw beef  / Alnutrin for meat and bone mixed in. I thought I still had Miralax on hand but I didn't. I did have a can of one of the pumpkin and chicken varieties of Weruva so I gave Emma a bit of that, hoping that the pumpkin would help unclog her. I'll have to pick up some Miralax at the store today. Does canned pumpkin work any better / faster than Miralax?
How long have you been using Alnutrin? I'm in the process of changing my cats from dry to wet. I eventually want to go with raw and was interested in the Alnutrin supplement. How do you like it?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our new morning feeding schedule is really working so much better than the old one. Carrot now actually eats a good amount of wet food in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.