Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 354049
View media item 354050
Since those pictures were taken the tree has "grown" more leaves
My previous cat has a leaf on the wall. My cat had spent a week in the CCU really really sick and the hospital had nearly every vet and intern and resident and vet techs / assistants working on him but he sadly did not make it
The vet and his then-resident bought a leaf plaque for me because they knew how much I was involved in my cat's care while he was in the CCU and even before he got sick and that my cat was really special and loved. It was so nice of them to buy a plaque and it was completely unexpected and surprising. They don't buy memroail plaques very often for clients.
That was really nice of them, and I love the visual of the wall. I wish there was something similar here to put Slipper on. 

@Tallyollyopia   I love your story so far.  When I got to the end of it I was sad because I wanted to keep reading it.
Maybe the next time I want to post but have nothing to say I'll put part of the Chapter 1 up. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I volunteered at the shelter today. It is in PetSmart. 

There were 5 cats in the adoption room and 1 in isolation.

I fell in love....These are such a sweet group of kitties.. All of them playful, vocal, and wanting love!

I ended up staying over the 2 hour shift so that I could devote an appropriate amount of time with each of them. Then I had to feed, scoop and empty the trash..

I actually had one of them, a young 1-2 year old, cuddling right up to my side as I sat on the bench. Sweet girl...

The poor baby in isolation...my heart went out to her... she is 15 years old and gained over 2 lbs in one week. The Vet ordered an echocardiogram. The results were pinned to her chart. The poor thing is in right sided heart failure with an markedly enlarged heart....

This baby, Sunshine was given up because, her owner 'decided' to move to Florida. I bet---she was probably dumped because of her diagnosis. Severe heart disease does not show up overnight. 

As soon as I entered the isolation room, Sunshine started crying and reaching out to me. As soon as I opened the cage door, she jumped down and started rubbing against my legs...she wanted love....

I put her back into her cage so I would not step on her. As I was leaning up against the front of it, reaching up, Sunshine's paw reached out and up to me, and then her other paw. It was as if she was a baby and was the "pick me up" pose. She broke my heart. I took her out and just hugged her. She was purring, and started kneading my arm--while I was standing!!

I sat down with her and just cuddled her.. she allowed it and wanted more..she was so happy....

My heart really broke....I hated to leave her...so alone in there..and so sick. 

Her belly is really full of fluid. So full. You can feel it. She is so sick... and has diarrhea. I think it is because she is drinking a lot because she is thirsty.. she has extra fluid due to the back up from her heart. That makes her thirstier. She is also just eating the dry food. Surprisingly, she does not have any fluid in her legs---yet...thank God for that...

While I was there, she started eating a little bit of the wet. I went out to empty the trash and she stopped because I left.......

I think, she will become a "Special Guardian Angel Cat" with the shelter. She will be placed in a permanent foster home and donations will be asked for her upkeep....sigh ....she does not have long...

I am new at volunteering. I guess there will be some cats that will just break your hearts...

On a Good Note, I showed a family a cat who is 10 years old!! Her previous owners had to give her up because they went into an assisted living facility. 

The potential adopter wanted her specifically because, as she said, "Who would adopt a 10 year old cat?"  The 6 yr old daughter fell in love with this cat. The 10 year old cat did also. The husband said it was fine, whatever his wife wanted--seriously--He was going along with her decision. The only issue is they have a 3 yr old dog...hopefully This cat will get along with the dog...

the trial of volunteering at a shelter....sigh...love and tears....

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Nice kayak!  and cat!   a cat in a kayak...ha ha!

The thought of fostering Sunshine, did cross my mind. I am not sure how my guy would deal with another cat at this point. My guy is 12 yrs old and has IBD. 

Also the thought of food for 2 cats... I know the foster would be supplied by humane society, but knowing me, I would feed her better food and litter. I cannot afford that. Also, not sure of how my landlord will be with 2 cats....

And then there is the emotional factor. Will I be able to handle my guy, who is so stubborn on food and is on a special diet with several mediations a day...and then take on another sick cat..Especially one who will not be around for very long...

I would be spending a lot of time in Vets offices and medicating cats...all day long...and cleaning litter boxes...

seriously....

Also, right now Sunshine has a lot of diarrhea and dandruff. She also had a yeast infection in both eyes...poor baby.. That needs to be looked into also.. I cannot take the chance that she has anything that my guy would get...

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nice kayak!  and cat!   a cat in a kayak...ha ha!

The thought of fostering Sunshine, did cross my mind. I am not sure how my guy would deal with another cat at this point. My guy is 12 yrs old and has IBD. 

Also the thought of food for 2 cats... I know the foster would be supplied by humane society, but knowing me, I would feed her better food and litter. I cannot afford that. Also, not sure of how my landlord will be with 2 cats....

And then there is the emotional factor. Will I be able to handle my guy, who is so stubborn on food and is on a special diet with several mediations a day...and then take on another sick cat..Especially one who will not be around for very long...

I would be spending a lot of time in Vets offices and medicating cats...all day long...and cleaning litter boxes...

seriously....

Also, right now Sunshine has a lot of diarrhea and dandruff. She also had a yeast infection in both eyes...poor baby.. That needs to be looked into also.. I cannot take the chance that she has anything that my guy would get...
I hadn't considered all that.  She'll just have to settle for hugs at the pet store.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sad, @Artiemom  . I hope a permanent foster home is found for her soon. Without any medical treatment, she is going to die very soon. A cat like that deserves to be in a loving environment when she passes.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat's plaque is easy to spot - it's the ony one with stickers all over it
I didn't put the stickers on, though. I was a member of the FDMB board at the time and a local member put the stickers on while she was there with her cat. The stickers are still there 4 years later, although one was starting to fall off the last time I took the cats in for a check up so I took it home and put it on my cat's urn.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Maple's having her little constipation issues again. Think I'll have to give her the Miralax every day and just stick with it. Just 1/8 teaspoon a day for her though. Finding random poopies around the house - she does that when she's having issues - and she vomited a tiny bit. When she finished that I gave her some food with Miralax and she gobbled it up. Maple's never one to say no to food, unless she can taste her Prozac in it.

And wrapping up a lazy weekend now.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, AWM says that she would like advice from someone with a legal background for help. Like I've mentioned before, she used to drive for Uber. One of her customers accused her of sexual assault (I got most of this information from a letter that Uber's insurance company sent her when the customer tried to sue the insurance company), and she needs to know about the allegations, because she is now looking for work. How does she go about finding out if the allegations are under investigation or have been dismissed for the stupidly insane stuff it is?

In much, much  happier news, Ra made all three of us laugh today. For some reason he decided that it was his burning desire to see what was behind the blinds in the living room. Here are a couple of pictures that, personally, make me grin. 

View media item 354211
This was taken as Ra was trying to get out of the blinds.

View media item 354212
This was taken as he was seeing the front yard from these windows for the very first time (we keep the blinds and curtains closed for insulation). I don't know why the two pics are mixed up, but it was so funny!

In slightly more depressing news, I got a call earlier from my boss saying that she needs me to come in tonight for third shift. I hope this means I don't have to work Tuesday. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View media item 354212
This was taken as he was seeing the front yard from these windows for the very first time (we keep the blinds and curtains closed for insulation). I don't know why the two pics are mixed up, but it was so funny!

In slightly more depressing news, I got a call earlier from my boss saying that she needs me to come in tonight for third shift. I hope this means I don't have to work Tuesday. 
  1. I am not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice, but I would think her first step should be to ask Uber for the details.
  2. If that doesn't get it, I would guess that her second step should be to hire a lawyer.
  3. Shouldn't these photos be in the funny pictures and memes thread?  Not instead of here, just in addition to.
  4. It appears that Ra found a way to make it work for him.  Hope he didn't damage the blinds too much.
Margret

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
@Tallyollyopia I have no legal background, but in addition to @Margret 's idea of contacting Uber, your AWM might also contact the person who wrote the letter from the insurance company.  She would be perfectly justified in asking if there is a police report on file and to get the file number.  If there's no police report filed and the insurance company tells her their own investigation has been closed, I would think she's pretty safe. However, again, I'm just guessing so it really would be better to talk to a lawyer.  Many lawyers offer a free first hour and she should be able to get enough information in that hour to at least tell her what she should do. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View media item 354212

Ra worries me climbing around in those blinds like that. I am always nervous about blinds since I've heard stories about cats and kids getting tangled up in them and dying.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

View media item 354212

If your mother was being investigated or there was a pending lawsuit she would have been contacted for a deposition or interview by either the authorities, a lawyer of the insurance company.  She should also be able to get a copy of the actual complaint made against her.

Please keep Ra out of the blinds. They are death traps. Insulated drapes and or UV film work wonders at keeping the heat out. I don't have a legal background but anyone can sue anyone for almost anything. Your mother should take the letter to a lawyer because no matter how insane it may seem that is a very serious allegation. Sometimes a well worded letter from a lawyer can shut the nonsense down and make the cost more than worth it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting here with a bowl of pistachios and a glass of cool water, babbling away and waiting for tomorrow morning's coffee to finish brewing so I can put it in the car cups and refrigerate it.

Roger comes home tomorrow (at last!
) but I don't know when he'll be released; I suspect early, and it's been so hot that I'm going to need to wash up before I go to pick him up, so the more I can get done before bed, the better.

Jasmine wanted to play earlier, but she got tired of the red dot rather quickly and it's still too hot for me to do anything more energetic than that with her, so now she's napping on Roger's seat on the sofa.

Ah.  Coffee's done.  Good night, all.  Margret

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I'm sitting here with a bowl of pistachios and a glass of cool water, babbling away and waiting for tomorrow morning's coffee to finish brewing so I can put it in the car cups and refrigerate it.

Roger comes home tomorrow (at last!
) but I don't know when he'll be released; I suspect early, and it's been so hot that I'm going to need to wash up before I go to pick him up, so the more I can get done before bed, the better.

Jasmine wanted to play earlier, but she got tired of the red dot rather quickly and it's still too hot for me to do anything more energetic than that with her, so now she's napping on Roger's seat on the sofa.

Ah.  Coffee's done.  Good night, all.  Margret
I'm so glad to hear Roger is coming home. 
  I bet he'll be delighted to finally be "free" again. 

It's 3:45 am here and my insomnia is back.  My apartment is completely silent except these little crunching sounds coming from the kibble maze in the next room.  There's something wonderfully peaceful about such quiet little night noises. 

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1. I am not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice, but I would think her first step should be to ask Uber for the details.
  2. If that doesn't get it, I would guess that her second step should be to hire a lawyer.
  3. Shouldn't these photos be in the funny pictures and memes thread?  Not instead of here, just in addition to.
  4. It appears that Ra found a way to make it work for him.  Hope he didn't damage the blinds too much.
Margret
He didn't damage the blinds at all. 

@Tallyollyopia I have no legal background, but in addition to @Margret 's idea of contacting Uber, your AWM might also contact the person who wrote the letter from the insurance company.  She would be perfectly justified in asking if there is a police report on file and to get the file number.  If there's no police report filed and the insurance company tells her their own investigation has been closed, I would think she's pretty safe. However, again, I'm just guessing so it really would be better to talk to a lawyer.  Many lawyers offer a free first hour and she should be able to get enough information in that hour to at least tell her what she should do. 
I'll be sure to let AWM know that she can contact Uber's insurance company. (She tried contacting Uber about it, but they blocked her ID from even accessing their site--and she had almost a five star rating!)

Ra worries me climbing around in those blinds like that. I am always nervous about blinds since I've heard stories about cats and kids getting tangled up in them and dying.
He doesn't normally climb around in the blinds; none of the cats do. He just decided to today. Well, yesterday now. (Still working Tuesday, but got to go home a little early tonight.)

If your mother was being investigated or there was a pending lawsuit she would have been contacted for a deposition or interview by either the authorities, a lawyer of the insurance company.  She should also be able to get a copy of the actual complaint made against her.

Please keep Ra out of the blinds. They are death traps. Insulated drapes and or UV film work wonders at keeping the heat out. I don't have a legal background but anyone can sue anyone for almost anything. Your mother should take the letter to a lawyer because no matter how insane it may seem that is a very serious allegation. Sometimes a well worded letter from a lawyer can shut the nonsense down and make the cost more than worth it.
She's not sure if the authorities have the, pardon the inevitable pun, authority to contact her; the allegations were made in another state. And they are stupid and impossible; at the time the allegations were made she was a hundred pounds soaking wet. (She has, thankfully, put on some weight since then.)

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're back home from a long, relaxing weekend of camping. Ivy was super happy to be able to sleep with me last night. She purred and cuddled and stretched and snored all night. She felt so sweet.

Autumn won't let me do anything. She just wants to cuddle and make up for lost time. The rest of them could care less that were home. They're just going about their business as if we never left.

As much as I love camping, it's good to be home.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

That's so sad, @Artiemom  . I hope a permanent foster home is found for her soon. Without any medical treatment, she is going to die very soon. A cat like that deserves to be in a loving environment when she passes.
Oh--she will get treatment.  The humane society will take her back to their vet for medication. They are a group of caring people.....

Status
Not open for further replies.