Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yes, I checked out that other thread and those are not conversations, just what they re doing "right now" or a little while ago, this thread talks about all kinds of different things, there are real conversations, and sure, most people on there are posting ere too, but this thread has become much more personal, no wonder as it has been going on for so long. We are not babbling here because of the prizes, come on.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, I checked out that other thread and those are not conversations, just what they re doing "right now" or a little while ago, this thread talks about all kinds of different things, there are real conversations, and sure, most people on there are posting ere too, but this thread has become much more personal, no wonder as it has been going on for so long. We are not babbling here because of the prizes, come on.
I agree - it would be nice if we could keep on babbling.   We've seen each other get married, get new kitties, get new jobs, share creative writing...and that's not even everything.  I understand that it's normally a contest, though.  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is no reason at all that we can't have conversations on the "What Are You Doing" thread...all we have to do is...have conversations!  Fewer threads to keep up with can be a good thing!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations @Alicia88 !!!!! What wonderful prizes.

I'm hoping some of the packages of cat toys arrive tomorrow!  I'll probably post a thread for pictures of the boys playing with all their new stuff.  I'll probably introduce a couple of new toys at a time because too many might be overwhelming.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had a job interview today.  Not sure if it went well.  Fingers crossed.
Good luck!

I'm hoping some of the packages of cat toys arrive tomorrow!  I'll probably post a thread for pictures of the boys playing with all their new stuff.  I'll probably introduce a couple of new toys at a time because too many might be overwhelming.
I can't wait to see them! 
 I hope the thread isn't closed before you can post the pics!

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please help my BOOTSE has been in the bag I gave her for three days now. She only comes out to eat and maybe ten minutes of Lovin from me or my husband and goes right back in the bag I don't want to hurt her by taking her bag away but I want my cat back. She's six and came from a shelter and is with us almost a year. She is a shy cat but was coming along beautifully till I gave her that bag three days ago. What do I do ?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I'm sure Bootse will come out eventually. Whenever I bring out something new to hide in there is a sudden rush to hide. Usually it's a basket with a blanket draped over the handle but it could also be a new pillow on the sofa which I change several times during the year. When I got a new round coffee table with a shelf underneath and a tablecloth tat draped half-way down Patrick the foster, claimed that for himself and he sat under there for hours, even slept there. Now he is under there maybe twice a week and nobody is using the baskets which have extra blankets in them. Instead the  tree is suddenly popular. Same with the scratching post that has a platform on top, right now Capucchino has claimed it and sleeps on it all day but not at night. Right now Bootse feels safe in the bag but it will get "old" after a while and she will find something else to use as a hidey place. Remember that cats sleep as much as 20 hours per day, so just enjoy the time that she does come out, engage her in play and cuddles afterwards when she does come out. Patience is the word. 

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We borrowed a pet carrier from John's aunt to take Connor and Murphy to the vet to get neutered.  You would expect them to hate the thing, but after we got them home and before we had returned the carrier, they would race each other to get to it.  The first one to get there got to sleep in it.  They got bored with it after a few days.

When we first got the boys, we just had an air mattress.  A few weeks later when I'd saved enough money, I went out and bought an actual bed.  They spent a few days hiding under it.  Same with the space under my computer desk.  Cats are just like kids.  They love new things.  When the "new" wears off, their interest dwindles.

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe we should have a thread titled "Random Conversations."  It would be great for what we're doing here and wouldn't cause confusion with the babbling/prize thing.

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Random conversations are more versatile and think of it do we really need a prize for babbling come on it's just fun to get on any time we want and just babble about anything we feel like and get feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.