Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I PM'd bootse if she wanted the recipe and when she said yes I PM'd that to her also. If there are enough people interested I can post it here
I would be one of those people who want the recipe.  Pretty please!

So, here's a question: why do cats cover their eyes? I've seen all our cats do it (of course the younger ones might have learned it from their mother), but they'll be sleeping, suddenly stretch their legs, and then curl up again with the front paws over their eyes. I think it's adorable, but I was sitting here watching Princess sleep and I couldn't help but wonder--why?
That's an excellent question...maybe denying that the world is out there, interfering with their royal cattiness? 

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Tallyollyopia  - Check with your insurance company about that knee. Insurance companies can't exclude pre-existing conditions anymore. They have to cover it.
I'll have to check when I get the new paperwork. (I'm getting insured through my work, and they won't  cover me for anything  until they know I'm not going to get fired at my review.)

True, I did not think there was anything as pre-existing conditions anymore....check into the legality of it..
Man, I hope not. There's a lot  I need to address when I get insurance going proper.

I would be one of those people who want the recipe.  Pretty please!

That's an excellent question...maybe denying that the world is out there, interfering with their royal cattiness? 
 Maybe!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John was taking a nap and walks out of the bedroom and Murphy darted out and John fell into the wall rather than step on him.  So he looks at me and says, "Your baby is trying to kill me.  You might want to talk to him about that."  So I look at Murphy and say, "You can't kill him right now.  I don't have anywhere to hide the body"  and Murphy nuzzles my face.  And John says, "Well, I love you, too."

I just thought it was funny.  So I wanted to share.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I was having a discussion with AWM and SD, and the subject of this one customer who is heavily pregnant. (I've been afraid that she's going to go into labor in the store when I'm on duty.) Well, we were talking about how I've been trained to deliver babies (along with a myriad of other bits of training), and SD said that, since I was  certified as an EMT, the Good Samaritan Act doesn't apply to me, and I say that it does because I've never been employed  as an EMT (though it wasn't for a lack of effort on my part). So, for those of you more legally savvy than I am, which view is correct? 

bootse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whiskey Fudge from segalkatt she will post the recipe here if enough people are interested in it

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay, I was having a discussion with AWM and SD, and the subject of this one customer who is heavily pregnant. (I've been afraid that she's going to go into labor in the store when I'm on duty.) Well, we were talking about how I've been trained to deliver babies (along with a myriad of other bits of training), and SD said that, since I was  certified as an EMT, the Good Samaritan Act doesn't apply to me, and I say that it does because I've never been employed  as an EMT (though it wasn't for a lack of effort on my part). So, for those of you more legally savvy than I am, which view is correct? 
The way that I understand it, even licensed personell (doctor's, EMTs, Dentists, Nurses, ect) are covered by the Good Samaritan Act. So no one wouldn't be covered just because they were qualified. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

It actually depends on what state you are in, and in a few states, it appears (to me) that only medically trained personnel are included it the act to begin with, which I find odd, and I could be wrong about it,  Try the following:

https://recreation-law.com/2014/05/28/good-samaritan-laws-by-state/

http://antir.chirurgeonguild.org/good-sam-50states.php 

http://ggweather.com/heat/good_samaritan_laws.pdf

That should at least get you started.  OH...that second one is sponsored by the Guild of Chirurgeons of the Society for Creative Anachronism.   SUCH a fun group!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I got  some headway into my messy house. I got a lady who wants all my thick romance novels. She sells on Amazon. She already picked up 15 bags of books, I have another 15 for her. I also head to the shop where I sell and unloaded 10 bags of books that were already priced. Then hit the gym finally. did 2.5 miles on the elliptical and weights before that. only squats and chest press-I didnt want to do too much.

Last night I slept from 8pm until 3:30am then fell asleep at 5am and woke at 7:30. Have today off. So woke with miss Honeybee on my chest, she was waiting to go outside. 

Today I managed to plow through one row of banana boxes of books-got them ready to either go to that lady or my bookbin or Hannafords. No hurricane yet. Its sunny out and breezy. My plants are dieing due to the drought. I only water the pots. I can't see watering this late in the season. I hope we get some rain tonight but looks like we are 10 miles too far north to get any rain. So its been almost a month since we had a good rain. The graph on the news states we are in a severe drought. I hope we get rain this fall. I don't understand why we dont get clouds. I am now wondering if our government is doing something to keep the weather from being normal. I almost think they are trying to kill us off. 

Anyways I am cooking some pork chops and risotto and hopefully I finish moving those books. I cant wait to get this crap out so I can order a bed, Hopefully I can get it put on the floor-my plan is to foster mom cats n kittens. I want this room empty of everything other than a bed. I have 10 book cases to move myself. I don't know where we will bring them yet but I asked the woman who is taking our books if she would be interested. I also know the shop where I rent space would take them and use them. I have no doubt I can get rid of them=its the manual moving them OUT of here that is giving me panic attacks. All I know is what was I thinking about having a 9x12 foot sized room full of novels?! I am kicking myself!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stayed home today instead of going to Mom's house. I was there over the weekend and that's all the drama and
I can handle for now
Back to work tomorrow. I decided to swap out my usual messenger bag and tote bag for a backpack for easier carrying of stuff I need at work: lunch, change of clothes, water bottle, etc.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The way that I understand it, even licensed personell (doctor's, EMTs, Dentists, Nurses, ect) are covered by the Good Samaritan Act. So no one wouldn't be covered just because they were qualified. 
That sounds a lot like what I learned in class.

It actually depends on what state you are in, and in a few states, it appears (to me) that only medically trained personnel are included it the act to begin with, which I find odd, and I could be wrong about it,  Try the following:

https://recreation-law.com/2014/05/28/good-samaritan-laws-by-state/

http://antir.chirurgeonguild.org/good-sam-50states.php 

http://ggweather.com/heat/good_samaritan_laws.pdf

That should at least get you started.  OH...that second one is sponsored by the Guild of Chirurgeons of the Society for Creative Anachronism.   SUCH a fun group!
Thanks, that helps a lot! 

I got  some headway into my messy house. I got a lady who wants all my thick romance novels. She sells on Amazon. She already picked up 15 bags of books, I have another 15 for her. I also head to the shop where I sell and unloaded 10 bags of books that were already priced. Then hit the gym finally. did 2.5 miles on the elliptical and weights before that. only squats and chest press-I didnt want to do too much.

Last night I slept from 8pm until 3:30am then fell asleep at 5am and woke at 7:30. Have today off. So woke with miss Honeybee on my chest, she was waiting to go outside. 

Today I managed to plow through one row of banana boxes of books-got them ready to either go to that lady or my bookbin or Hannafords. No hurricane yet. Its sunny out and breezy. My plants are dieing due to the drought. I only water the pots. I can't see watering this late in the season. I hope we get some rain tonight but looks like we are 10 miles too far north to get any rain. So its been almost a month since we had a good rain. The graph on the news states we are in a severe drought. I hope we get rain this fall. I don't understand why we dont get clouds. I am now wondering if our government is doing something to keep the weather from being normal. I almost think they are trying to kill us off. 

Anyways I am cooking some pork chops and risotto and hopefully I finish moving those books. I cant wait to get this crap out so I can order a bed, Hopefully I can get it put on the floor-my plan is to foster mom cats n kittens. I want this room empty of everything other than a bed. I have 10 book cases to move myself. I don't know where we will bring them yet but I asked the woman who is taking our books if she would be interested. I also know the shop where I rent space would take them and use them. I have no doubt I can get rid of them=its the manual moving them OUT of here that is giving me panic attacks. All I know is what was I thinking about having a 9x12 foot sized room full of novels?! I am kicking myself!
Too bad I don't live near you. I like mystery and fantasy.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My apartment is such a mess.  I got a migraine Friday afternoon and couldn't get rid of it to save my life.  It kept me from sleeping well and lack of sleep made my head hurt even worse, which in turn made it even harder to sleep.  Vicious cycle.  I finally got it to calm down a little bit in the wee hours of the morning.  Boyfriend went out and got me some benadryl because we were out.  I took 4 and they didn't knock me out so I took 2 more and finally got to sleep.  I know that's more than you should take, but when you've been in a ridiculous amount of pain for days on end, you get desperate.  I woke up around 8pm.  And my head is much better.  There's a little twinge, but not much more than that.  It's bearable.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

---SNIP---

The graph on the news states we are in a severe drought. I hope we get rain this fall. I don't understand why we dont get clouds. I am now wondering if our government is doing something to keep the weather from being normal. I almost think they are trying to kill us off. 

---SNIP---
We're all  doing something to keep the weather from being normal, sorry to say.  It's called "global warming," and we still have politicians who are denying the science behind it.  Here in Colorado we used to have two seasons -- winter and road repair.  Well, we still have two seasons -- winter and wildfire.  I'm thinking that next summer I need to visit my favorite places in the mountains to say "Goodbye" to them before they're burned up.

And now I can't remember what else I wanted to say -- this particular topic is just so overwhelmingly sad for me.

Good night, everyone.

Margret

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right, I had a long night at work. Not bad--just long. I was supposed to be off at five-thirty. I didn't get off until seven twenty. But hey--holiday pay since I clocked in on Memorial Day. Of course, that's assuming the company recognizes  Memorial Day as a holiday. Woo. Sorry about how I sound, I'm really tired. The only reason I'm still up is because I need to eat something, and the only thing I could find is in the oven cooking.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We're all  doing something to keep the weather from being normal, sorry to say.  It's called "global warming," and we still have politicians who are denying the science behind it.  Here in Colorado we used to have two seasons -- winter and road repair.  Well, we still have two seasons -- winter and wildfire.  I'm thinking that next summer I need to visit my favorite places in the mountains to say "Goodbye" to them before they're burned up.

And now I can't remember what else I wanted to say -- this particular topic is just so overwhelmingly sad for me.

Good night, everyone.

Margret
Washington is like this as well. We don't have winter anymore weirdly enough. Just a wet season and a dry season. Eastern Washington has been burning up like crazy with the wildfires.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations Alicia88 Alicia88 !!!!! What wonderful prizes.

Don't forget the rules of the Babbling thread or a mod may contact you with a  :nono: Remember to make at least 15 words in your post and no consecutive posting.

It looks like we are still babbling even though we have hit the big 5000. Are we aiming for 6000 now?

There is no prize for 6,000, the contest is over and the rules no longer apply. :) The thread will be getting closed soon, but I would hate to stifle your conversations. Feel free to move your babbling and continue your conversations over at this thread -

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/311760/the-what-are-you-doing-thread-2016

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh 

I hate to see this thread close down.. can we keep something similar it? I mean start a new thread along the same lines. The people who post on here have become friends, even though we may not post very often. It is a friendship type of thread....

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't see why we can't post a "BABBLE" thread. It would be a great way to keep up with all-this thread seems to me more than random words and sentences. We had people come out and discuss some really good topics.
I think it's because the "babble" threads are associated with giveaways so to make one that isn't could be confusing. I think that using the "what are you doing" thread is a good idea.  

@AbbysMom  could confirm whether that is true or not though. 

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/311760/the-what-are-you-doing-thread-2016

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.