Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who closed on her house and is moving from MD to NC.  They are driving tonight and so is their moving van.   I know it's not funny if something goes wrong but my friend has some stories that are so awful they are hilarious.  If it were me I'd be  holed up in a hotel room waiting for the wind to die down.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a friend who closed on her house and is moving from MD to NC.  They are driving tonight and so is their moving van.   I know it's not funny if something goes wrong but my friend has some stories that are so awful they are hilarious.  If it were me I'd be  holed up in a hotel room waiting for the wind to die down.
They're always funny after they're over and everyone is ok.

A week and a half ago, my boyfriend was trying to be cute and romantic and threw me over his shoulder to carry me to bed.  He lost his balance and we crashed into the computer desk.  He built his own computer and was using a 32 inch tv as a monitor.  Desk splintered, monitor fell and the screen is beyond broken, and I have a gash in my head.  After the bleeding stopped, I cracked up laughing.  I still think it's hilarious.  Even though I think I'm gonna have a scar.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She should know better, living in MD. They get just as many hurricanes as NC -  hurricanes zoom right up the Chesapeake Bay and hit Maryland broadside. That's plain foolish to drive south right into the teeth of a hurricane.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She should know better, living in MD. They get just as many hurricanes as NC -  hurricanes zoom right up the Chesapeake Bay and hit Maryland broadside. That's plain foolish to drive south right into the teeth of a hurricane.
I agree.  She could have stayed at her daughter's place.  I suspect this is her hubby's doing.  She has a hard time driving at night.

elkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So, I was sitting in here working and I heard a knock on the door.  I'm a little curious since we rarely have anyone come over but, as I said, I was working so John had to get it.  I hear him and a female voice but I can't quite make out what they're saying.  A couple of minutes later, John came in and handed me Murphy.  Apparently, he sneaked out when John was coming home from running an errand and our neighbor found him wandering up and down the hallway.  As sneaky as my (precious and adorable) brats are, it's a REALLY good thing we have a hallway and another door between our door and the big, scary outside world.

On another note, I spent about 6 hours yesterday checking out cat toys and reading reviews.  Some of the reviews made my heart stop with the stories about how the toy killed or nearly killed their cats.  Horrible!  Finally, I settled on about $70 worth of kitty toys and bought my boyfriend something and a couple of things for myself.  I spend more than double on them than I did on us.  Anyway, here are the toys that I thought passed muster:

Got two of these
And 2 of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZTCW94/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CAFYIF0/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IK5SHK2/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IK5SAIG/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018MXX3K/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YF3KY/?tag=&tag=thecatsite

And I always use amazon smile because it donates to the spca.
What lucky kitties! I'd love an update on what toys they like the most, especially the ones good for teething... my two have to play with crumpled up paper  and grocery bags until I have more money. Luckily they don't seem to mind!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What lucky kitties! I'd love an update on what toys they like the most, especially the ones good for teething... my two have to play with crumpled up paper  and grocery bags until I have more money. Luckily they don't seem to mind!
At this point, my boys just have a few of those cheap mice from Wal*Mart and a couple other dollar toys from there cuz I've been flat broke, too.  Well, and their scratching post which I splurged on when I got a raise a few months ago.  But, I figured since I won the contest on a cat site, which I'm on because of them, it's really more their money than mine.  I wouldn't even be on here if not for them.  So I went nuts.  And I enjoy getting to spoil them.

I'll let you know!  I think I'm only gonna introduce a couple of new toys at a time so they don't get totally overwhelmed.  I just can't wait 'til it all gets here!  Amazon e-mailed me saying it had to be split up into a few shipments.  Oops.  LOL

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't forget the rules of the Babbling thread or a mod may contact you with a 
Remember to make at least 15 words in your post and no consecutive posting.

It's cool outside right now
I'm not ready for summer to end. Tomorrow and Monday we're supposed to get some remnants of Hermine. Nothing big, just some much needed rain.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like we are still babbling even though we have hit the big 5000. Are we aiming for 6000 now?  A belated congratulations to Alicia88 

for winning the grand prize! I hope we'll get to see pictures of the boys playing with their new toys.  

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It looks like we are still babbling even though we have hit the big 5000. Are we aiming for 6000 now?  A belated congratulations to Alicia88 

for winning the grand prize! I hope we'll get to see pictures of the boys playing with their new toys.  
Thanks and of course you will.  If I don't die of impatience before they get here.  Patience is not my strong suit.  My mother thinks I'm crazy for spending so much on cat toys.  Especially since I'm a huge reader and I have a kindle.  But I get tons of free books on Amazon and whatnot.  So, cat toys it is.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
thank goodness we are all still babbling.. Awaiting the arrival of the rains from Hermine... cloudy and damp.. not very warm, around 66 degrees right now. 

I did go in for the early shift for the shelter at PetSmart. 

Two cats were in isolation, awaiting vet approval for the general public. Both of them are very feisty!! seriously.

One of them got the volunteer last night, drawing blood.. I was very careful with her. She was reaching out trying to swipe me. 

The other was on the lowest cubby. He made a huge mess of it.. food all over, litter all over, water was dumped out..

I opened the door to clean it, he ran out. He had been clawing the sides of the cubby, crying, trying to get put. He is a bit guy and this area is too small for him. 

I cleaned it up, the best I could. This guy was not going to get back inside. He saw that I was trying to lure him in with food, he wanted nothing of it. I had to try to get him in. All I did was bend down a bit, he grabbed on to my lower arm with his mouth, creating a very deep puncture wound with his fang, and a bunch of scratches from the rest of his teeth. I was seriously bleeding. I carry some antiseptic first aid wash with me. I blotted that on and squeezed it on.. I had band-aids with me also. The first aid kit was in the other room.. 

I quickly finished up in there. He had spilled his water on the floor. I bent over to clean it, and he reached out as far as he could and  swiped at my head; getting me under the ear lobe...

man, I was really cut up ......

The other one, would not even let me clean her litter box...it was scarey time...

I should have just let them be...the big guy was trying to tear down the walls, scratching them (metal) crying, throwing out his dry food all over the cubby.. most of it went into his water bowl..Sorry, not going there again...

When finished in there, I went to the ladies room, really washed the bites really well, grabbed the first aid kit, applied some bacitracin, and more band-aids...

I came home, immediately washed the areas down again with soap and water, alcohol, and peroxide. I took a shower, came out wiped it down again with peroxide and applied neosporin antibiotic ointment and covered the areas with band aids.. I look like an advertisement for band aid....

I have a 3 x 2 Pad size,  large bandaid beneath my wrist, another one on the side, one on my index finger, one on the base of my thumb. The one under my ear lobe is just free.. hard to place a band aid there cuz of my hair..and not being able to visually see the area....

Battle scars... fingers crossed no infection from the bite...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Here in Havelock, it was a buncha not much.  A little wind, moderately heavy rain, and that's it.  SIGH...thank goodness, didn't lose power.  This month and next month to go, although with climate change (yes, Darling GOP, it does exist), they are actually unofficially extending the season into November, under the "well, it could happen with the warmer waters" explanation,

They're always funny after they're over and everyone is ok.

A week and a half ago, my boyfriend was trying to be cute and romantic and threw me over his shoulder to carry me to bed.  He lost his balance and we crashed into the computer desk.  He built his own computer and was using a 32 inch tv as a monitor.  Desk splintered, monitor fell and the screen is beyond broken, and I have a gash in my head.  After the bleeding stopped, I cracked up laughing.  I still think it's hilarious.  Even though I think I'm gonna have a scar.
GOOD GRIEF!  Although I, like you, would have found it hysterical once the bleeding stopped.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thank goodness we are all still babbling.. Awaiting the arrival of the rains from Hermine... cloudy and damp.. not very warm, around 66 degrees right now. 

I did go in for the early shift for the shelter at PetSmart. 

Two cats were in isolation, awaiting vet approval for the general public. Both of them are very feisty!! seriously.

One of them got the volunteer last night, drawing blood.. I was very careful with her. She was reaching out trying to swipe me. 

The other was on the lowest cubby. He made a huge mess of it.. food all over, litter all over, water was dumped out..

I opened the door to clean it, he ran out. He had been clawing the sides of the cubby, crying, trying to get put. He is a bit guy and this area is too small for him. 

I cleaned it up, the best I could. This guy was not going to get back inside. He saw that I was trying to lure him in with food, he wanted nothing of it. I had to try to get him in. All I did was bend down a bit, he grabbed on to my lower arm with his mouth, creating a very deep puncture wound with his fang, and a bunch of scratches from the rest of his teeth. I was seriously bleeding. I carry some antiseptic first aid wash with me. I blotted that on and squeezed it on.. I had band-aids with me also. The first aid kit was in the other room.. 

I quickly finished up in there. He had spilled his water on the floor. I bent over to clean it, and he reached out as far as he could and  swiped at my head; getting me under the ear lobe...

man, I was really cut up ......

The other one, would not even let me clean her litter box...it was scarey time...

I should have just let them be...the big guy was trying to tear down the walls, scratching them (metal) crying, throwing out his dry food all over the cubby.. most of it went into his water bowl..Sorry, not going there again...

When finished in there, I went to the ladies room, really washed the bites really well, grabbed the first aid kit, applied some bacitracin, and more band-aids...

I came home, immediately washed the areas down again with soap and water, alcohol, and peroxide. I took a shower, came out wiped it down again with peroxide and applied neosporin antibiotic ointment and covered the areas with band aids.. I look like an advertisement for band aid....

I have a 3 x 2 Pad size,  large bandaid beneath my wrist, another one on the side, one on my index finger, one on the base of my thumb. The one under my ear lobe is just free.. hard to place a band aid there cuz of my hair..and not being able to visually see the area....

Battle scars... fingers crossed no infection from the bite...
Good luck! 
 I hope everything heals all right!

Well, last night was horrible. Not only was it First Friday (a town across the river throws a huge party the first Friday of every month), but my knee locked up and swelled to the size of a grapefruit. So I had to work with a swollen knee (which threw my balance off completely, since I was trying to keep my weight off of it). The bright side--none of the customers realized what pain I was in. I kept my mask firmly in place the whole time--and still managed to clean the bathrooms. 

Spot was cute and funny tonight. See, SD is re-doing the bathroom (the floor was rotting away--probably something to do with the toilet breaking last year). The point is, the mirror is now sitting in the living room, propped up against a chair. Well, Spot saw his reflection in the mirror and tried to play with it. He darted towards it, darted around it to ambush the other cat--but there was nothing there. He sat to where he was staring at the thin edge of the mirror, leaned a little to the left--and there was the other cat peering at him! Confused he ran to me meowing. I think he wanted me to set the other cat free. When I got on the floor with him he saw my  reflection in the mirror petting the other  cat--he went into battle mode. He ran to attack the enemy intruder getting affection from his human--only to slide down the slick glass. Having decided that he bested the other, mysterious cat, he sauntered back over to me for a victory belly-rub. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I donate to the local SPCA, too. Their shelter has a wish list on Amazon so if I buy something off their wish list, they get that item (it's shipped directly to them with a gift message) plus the 0.5% donation thing
I PM'd bootse if she wanted the recipe and when she said yes I PM'd that to her also. If there are enough people interested I can post it here

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, here's a question: why do cats cover their eyes? I've seen all our cats do it (of course the younger ones might have learned it from their mother), but they'll be sleeping, suddenly stretch their legs, and then curl up again with the front paws over their eyes. I think it's adorable, but I was sitting here watching Princess sleep and I couldn't help but wonder--why?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Good luck! 
 I hope everything heals all right!

Well, last night was horrible. Not only was it First Friday (a town across the river throws a huge party the first Friday of every month), but my knee locked up and swelled to the size of a grapefruit. So I had to work with a swollen knee (which threw my balance off completely, since I was trying to keep my weight off of it). The bright side--none of the customers realized what pain I was in. I kept my mask firmly in place the whole time--and still managed to clean the bathrooms. 

Spot was cute and funny tonight. See, SD is re-doing the bathroom (the floor was rotting away--probably something to do with the toilet breaking last year). The point is, the mirror is now sitting in the living room, propped up against a chair. Well, Spot saw his reflection in the mirror and tried to play with it. He darted towards it, darted around it to ambush the other cat--but there was nothing there. He sat to where he was staring at the thin edge of the mirror, leaned a little to the left--and there was the other cat peering at him! Confused he ran to me meowing. I think he wanted me to set the other cat free. When I got on the floor with him he saw my  reflection in the mirror petting the other  cat--he went into battle mode. He ran to attack the enemy intruder getting affection from his human--only to slide down the slick glass. Having decided that he bested the other, mysterious cat, he sauntered back over to me for a victory belly-rub. 
take good care of that knee.. once you have a knee issue, it seems to always flare up.. Do you have a knee brace you can use during work periods? 

Ice your knee and elevate it, with a pillow underneath for support...

But, what am i saying??  You have some medical training, so you know what to do... 

but please take care. You are too young for knee issues.. I know, because I am putting off seeing a surgeon for mine. 

My original injury was about 30 years ago, when I turned and my lower leg did not.. so please take care of it...

((hugs))

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

take good care of that knee.. once you have a knee issue, it seems to always flare up.. Do you have a knee brace you can use during work periods? 

Ice your knee and elevate it, with a pillow underneath for support...

But, what am i saying??  You have some medical training, so you know what to do... 

but please take care. You are too young for knee issues.. I know, because I am putting off seeing a surgeon for mine. 

My original injury was about 30 years ago, when I turned and my lower leg did not.. so please take care of it...

((hugs))
Thanks for the hugs. It's been acting up since I was fourteen. I was at DD's one summer and riding my bike to Movie Gallery--because that was the only place to go in the small town--when suddenly it started swelling. It got to the size of a small melon the first time that it swelled up (and was extremely painful besides), but now I know what happens. The lubrication of my knee cartilage doesn't always work right, and RICE Mmming (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, Medication) is the only thing that helps. And no, I don't have a knee brace. This is the first time in several years that it's flared up, and back when I was on military insurance the doctor convinced us that it was a one-time deal (HA!) and I wouldn't need one and now insurance won't cover it because it's a pre-existing condition.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I went and got my wedding tattoo last night. It is a tattoo on my ring finger. Weirdest experience ever. This is the tattoo that hurt the least for me overall. There was also very little time spent getting it done since it isn't very big. Mostly when tattoos are newly done they kind of hurt like a sunburn does. This one doesn't hurt at all unless I run it into something. 

Status
Not open for further replies.