Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at the mess she’s making on the floor. I’ll be relieved when she’s tuna’ed out and we can get back to pate.
View attachment 306586

I fluffed her floor portion too. Nah, I tossed that. 😹
View attachment 306587
I got these plastic trays at IKEA. They look nice and they have a lip all around the edge. I use them under cat dishes as well as for my own food. They work pretty well, too. I rarely get the urge to throw my food outside of them. :flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got these plastic trays at IKEA. They look nice and they have a lip all around the edge. I use them under cat dishes as well as for my own food. They work pretty well, too. I rarely get the urge to throw my food outside of them. :flail:
My toothless hunter wants to be able to come at the plate from all angles. Then anything she can't pick up and swallow over the plate, she picks off the plate and tries to "chew" through it in front of the plate (wherever front is from whichever angle of approach she chose.) I plate her food in front of the front door because it's easy for the both of us to see from the bed. Sometimes she needs to see her food to realize she still has food. Sometimes I need to see her eating to trust that she is.

I vacuum her space every few days. I'll use the wet vac on the area every now and then too. I should buy stock in Bissell for how many of their vacs I own (or want to own.)

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are they the ones that you put for shoes? (The trays?) If so LOL I use those under the kitty dishes too. They work like a charm! :woohoo:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might have pooped a little too hard tonight. The poop looked great. But she came out of the box and coughed up a tiny little hairball. Her pre-dinner score is 2 oz. Let's hope the hair pebble, marble? nugget? peanut! hair peanut! doesn't slow her down too much. She nibbled a little at each plate and then it's bookcase time. I kind of expected the sudden appearance of the turkey buffet to surprise her stomach a little.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤢🤮😿🤦🏼‍♂️😔
Alas! She was not able to keep it all down. And this is why you slow transition your cats to new foods. It has been awhile since she ate Rawz turkey in any significant amounts. I sure hope she doesn’t hold a grudge.

I’ve put out a half ounce of each and I’m pretty sure she’ll slow eat this if she eats anything at all tonight.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure she (or I) learned our lesson. She mowed down the turkey plate at 4:30am and nibbled some of the tuna plate as well. I canceled first breakfast at 6am. Second breakfast comes in an hour and she’s still food coma’ed. Or maybe she’s just enjoying the extra sleep this morning.
C5F8D1E9-2780-4EBD-9B27-CA24CD8CAC53.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started to cook my breakfast and hover cat decides to hover just “off camera” from the kitchen. I can see she’s there in the mirror but she’s not right there.

“Alright. Let’s serve you before me or you won’t give me peace.”

(I cook a number of hot meals but I rarely get to eat them hot.)

Final score from yesterday: 3.65 oz. But because she ate turkey, it came out to about the same number of calories as she’s been eating all week. Which is not enough. About 115 to 120 a day.

I need to pick a compounding formula for the pred. I’ll still let her carry on with her recovery until next week though. After the check-up, we can try the pred to reduce inflammation in her gut and increase her appetite.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she's feeling a little off but also a little food grudge. She ate a few bites of Rawz turkey with ground S&C (Stella & Chewy Freeze-Dried Dinner Morsels) topper. She ate a few more bites of Rawz rabbit when she showed up at the kitchen entrance like, "what else you got?" Maybe she's had a quarter ounce this morning? As long as she keeps nibbling Rawz throughout the day, maybe it's time to wean her off the tuna. She hasn't touched any tuna this morning yet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Experts suggest introducing any new food gradually, mixing it with usual foods and increasing gradually over a period of two weeks until the new food is 100%. That probably doesn't apply here, though.
The trays are designed for serving meals on, F FeralHearts . Let's see if I can find a pic:

IMG_0338.JPG
Here's Tarifa, raiding Elvis' food because Elvis, who's the largest by far, doesn't like his own food much. It'sexactly the same as Tarifa's and Baby Su's, but in the morning he gets a CranHealth chicken-flavored tab, crushed, mixed in with his food. Not to worry -- he usually eats enough to get the benefit, and the girls finish it.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's only had a few nibbles to eat at maybe 10am. She's looking a little rough. I don't want to throw the kitchen sink of enticements or bribes at her. But I also don't want to her to go without eating for too long. It usually triggers acid barfs in her which is counterproductive because then she really doesn't want to eat.

Krista wouldn't go for those trays. She likes to pick food off the plate and then eat it over the floor. The only way that would work is if I could convince her to remain on the tray when she does that. That's not going to happen. She'll be less messy when she's eating pate instead of shreds.

When she decides to eat again....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's only had a few nibbles to eat at maybe 10am. She's looking a little rough. I don't want to throw the kitchen sink of enticements or bribes at her. But I also don't want to her to go without eating for too long. It usually triggers acid barfs in her which is counterproductive because then she really doesn't want to eat.

Krista wouldn't go for those trays. She likes to pick food off the plate and then eat it over the floor. The only way that would work is if I could convince her to remain on the tray when she does that. That's not going to happen. She'll be less messy when she's eating pate instead of shreds.

Tarifa sometimes stands on the tray while she eats. I leave it up to her, and move her dish if she wants to eat like that, so it's easy for her to eat. She's 16. She deserves anything and everything (good for her) that she wants.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarifa sometimes stands on the tray while she eats. I leave it up to her, and move her dish if she wants to eat like that, so it's easy for her to eat. She's 16. She deserves anything and everything (good for her) that she wants.
I know Krista. She will pick up a chewy piece and walk it to the carpet before chewing into it. She's 15 and I'll let her eat wherever and however she likes (except the bed) as long as she eats. Which she's not really doing today. I busted out the rabbit which she's had recently so that shouldn't be a gut bomb like the turkey. She's nibbling a bit more of the rabbit than the turkey and not touching the tuna at all. I'm okay with the tuna boycott. But I thought we were past the nibbles. I'll use the last bupe on her tonight if she's still not eating at dinnertime.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang - the trays help mine a bit lol

She will eat soon. She is being her foodie self. :cool:

I know Krista. She will pick up a chewy piece and walk it to the carpet before chewing into it. She's 15 and I'll let her eat wherever and however she likes (except the bed) as long as she eats. Which she's not really doing today. I busted out the rabbit which she's had recently so that shouldn't be a gut bomb like the turkey. She's nibbling a bit more of the rabbit than the turkey and not touching the tuna at all. I'm okay with the tuna boycott. But I thought we were past the nibbles. I'll use the last bupe on her tonight if she's still not eating at dinnertime.
Odd question... but I've often wondered... do kitties get turkey tummy the way people do if they eat too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.