Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my dishwasher to air dry dishes I don’t want Krista cleaning for me. I do dishes by hand. I have since college. I find dishwasher spots and babysitting the overflow to make sure my countertop doesn’t get flooded more trouble than hand washing.
Me too! Mine spews water all OVER the countertop. I have to move the popcorn machine, the blender and the coffeemaker out of the way if I want to use it, and then mop up the water. Cat-cleaned dishes are just no problem compared to this!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the camera, it looked like she left more of lunch plate behind. But when I came home, it looked more like 4 grams. But when I stooped down to collect her plate,
"ooh! look! food!"
"alright, I'll get you a fresh plate for a trade."

I came back with a fresh plate and lunch plate was cleaned. I perhaps tried to bribe her a little too hard with the fresh plate when I powdered a tuna flake over it. At least I know she got tonight's CBD dose. But she scratched at her ear and I wonder if the tuna or the tuna flakes sensitivity is starting to return. I'll let her take the rest of the night at her pace. We're at about 3.5 oz already. Another oz

Also, bonus poop! Nothing wrong with her poops lately. We just had a second one today.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she really ate herself broken tonight. She disappeared under the bookcase two hours ago. And just like that she’s emerged.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After kneading her mama cat blanket and riding my belly, she’s gone back to sleep. But at least it’s on the bed now instead of under the bookcase. About 1/2 plate of first dinner remains. We’re skipping second dinner. I’ll let her wake me when she’s hungry again. She can finish first dinner first. That would put us close enough to 4 oz. Tomorrow morning I can offer side portions of Rawz and let her choose between tuna and Rawz. Or both.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, well, well. 🧐

She may have had her fill of tuna. Final score yesterday was still a respectable 4.5 oz.

I plated her first 10 g of Rawz turkey in a couple of weeks.

“Oooh! What’s this? Nom nom nom!”

It’s new enough that I need to take it slow. The turkey is 1.28 calories per gram. The tuna is 0.93 calories per gram. She’s earned this bookcase time this morning.

And if she’s done done with tuna, well, we can feed turkey 10 g at a time today to make sure it all settles okay.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She took her first ounce this morning as turkey and has nibbled a little on the tuna. This is an exciting shift. I'll keep dropping a half ounce of turkey as long as she's cleaning that plate. And I'll leave the tuna plate out a bit longer since she's still nibbling at it after she eats her turkey portion. Probably around lunch time, I'll replace the tuna plate with a fresher half ounce and plate the tuna and turkey side by side for the rest of the day. This is an exciting shift because she wasn't even tasting the turkey a couple of weeks ago. Unless it was homemade raw or Rad Cat which she can't have for another two weeks. Also the difference in calories is substantial. 5 oz of turkey is 180 calories. 5 oz of tuna is only 130 calories. She'd have to eat 7 oz of tuna to get the same calories. She likes tuna, but not that much.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She also makes much less a mess with the turkey pate over the tuna shreds. I have my doubts over just how much tuna she's eating vs how much the carpet has taken. Shreds isn't the friendliest texture for a toothless cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She also makes much less a mess with the turkey pate over the tuna shreds. I have my doubts over just how much tuna she's eating vs how much the carpet has taken. Shreds isn't the friendliest texture for a toothless cat.
The tuna powder is a good addition! We have the dried tuna/bonito flakes, too, which make a good topper when a cat is reluctant/undecided about a meal. We love shreds in gravy, and flaked, and pate. I think cats, like people, are unique and each one has his/her own likes/dislikes/habits. My cats have always loved variety. I'll think they love something, and all of a sudden they don't. Until they do. So I always have a wide variety and it's a guessing game as to whether or not they will love what I choose for them at any given meal. Usually it's good, except in hot weather, when they go on food strike, no matter what.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tuna powder is a good addition! We have the dried tuna/bonito flakes, too, which make a good topper when a cat is reluctant/undecided about a meal. We love shreds in gravy, and flaked, and pate. I think cats, like people, are unique and each one has his/her own likes/dislikes/habits. My cats have always loved variety. I'll think they love something, and all of a sudden they don't. Until they do. So I always have a wide variety and it's a guessing game as to whether or not they will love what I choose for them at any given meal. Usually it's good, except in hot weather, when they go on food strike, no matter what.
Her IBD and food sensitivities complicates things. I'm still not 100% sure tuna or tuna flakes agrees with her. The tuna seems alright. But I see the head shaking and ear scratching when I add tuna flakes.

I can defrost some turkey meat stock for her and see if she'd like some of that between or before meals like before.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if her stomach is struggling on the ounce of turkey. She emerged from the bookcase to sit in my lap for awhile. That's often a prelude to eating so I welcome the enforced break. But she leapt down and nibbled at the tuna and left the turkey untouched. She's got literally all day to work on these two plates. If she finishes both, that will put her at 2.5 oz before the dinners. That's usually where I like to be before the dinners because then she only needs to eat another 1.5 to 2 ounces over two dinners and the overnight.

I don't see any loafing or nauseated lip licking so who knows? Cats!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get on the phone to cancel one of her other dental consultation appointments, one I paid a deposit for. And as frequently happens, whenever I get on the phone, she gets all lovey dovey jealous act. The woman at the clinic asks for the credit card I used to pay the deposit and Krista sits down in my lap.

“I’m going to have to call you back. I’m being held hostage by the cat.”🤦🏼‍♂️😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's looking really, really good!
ED7ADC61-346C-4748-B81A-0D77B9D18FC8.jpeg
These are almost exactly 1 year apart. She looks a little fuller on the left. She’s probably the same weight though. She had to come back from 6.3 lbs last year.

Edit: She was 7.3 lbs on the left. 7.5/7.6 on the right. I think she was burning through fat she picked up over the years last year. Now she has none and she's burning through lean body mass. Or maybe I just don't remember how bony she became last summer.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 306549
These are almost exactly 1 year apart. She looks a little fuller on the left. She’s probably the same weight though. She had to come back from 6.3 lbs last year.
She really has gorgeous coloring and coat patterns. And I love her little straight-up pointy ears and big, wide eyes! She is a beauty! :loveeyes: :redheartpump:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Changed out her morning mound of tuna. Weighed it. She ate half. That surprised me because it didn’t look like she ate much at all. Put down a fresh plate of half ounce of tuna. That did the trick. She stopped looking at her food and actually ate a healthy lunch. She reduced the turkey half oz by at least 2/3. I will fluff the plate before I head out. She did the same to the tuna. She’s probably got about 20 g to digest. This will put us at 2.5 oz if she finishes the plates after I fluff them.

“That’ll do, Donkey. That’ll do.”

Status
Not open for further replies.